Acolytes of Evil

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Kain watched as the man started up his ritual, constantly looking back at the ones who are ready to kill them all for their crimes. As they grew closer to this place, he prepared his sharp claws for a battle; If he is to die here because this cultish summoning fails, and in his mind he bluntly believes it will, let it be known that he took as many of these humans down to hell with him. There's not much credit to be given for killing slaves, humans deemed as insignificant even to those of their own species, but it was better than nothing.

As if to counter his lack of faith, however, the light of the moon shined on him, on all of them, and the smell of iron stretches across the building. Kain looked over and stared in awe at what he saw.

In an instant, it was like the on-coming crowd never mattered in his mind, as he focused on the swirling vortex in the sky that the pillar of blood from shot out into. As the First called out the name of the one he was summoning, Kain watched the tendrils of fire and brimstone coming out of seemingly nowhere...no, they were coming out of that vortex, from whatever nightmarish place it leads to, and in the center, as if the center of a blooming black flower, came a woman.

Much to Kain's dismay, it was, of course, a human woman. Though like with Shebna it's different, this creature clearly only looked human, but in reality was far from it. She was something beyond the humans, superior to them. As the souls were devoured by this goddess, he couldn't help but stare at her in awe.

Then she gave them all a drop of power, pure, raw power that took shape within their bodies, as if in exchange for the souls she has already gained. Kain could feel the power within his body grow. The fire within his body igniting to an intensity he has yet to reach on his own. It was small boost, but it was certainly enough. Then he heard her voice, Beautiful and yet as menacing as the demons of hell, demanding more 'love' from them. It wasn't hard to tell what it meant; this woman had gluttonous appetite for souls and demands it to be satisfied.

If this power, the wrathful flames within that would, if only momentarily, compare to that of a pure-blood dragon, was the end result of giving this goddess what she wants, then there is no reason not to obey. He then looked at the slaves and guards around heading for the group, and slowly began to smile, his eyes glowing a bright firey orange, brighter than when Shebna saw it.

"...Move." He simply said to no one in particular. One would guess he was referring not to the slaves, but the people he is now forced to call his allies, and more specifically one could say he was saying it to Shebna before he went to attack the other slaves on his own.

Feeling stronger in every fiber of his body, he stretched out his wings and began to breath in, sparks flaring up from out of his mouth. He then opened his mouth and breathed out, but what was once air, now was a burst of burning flames, a wave of fire that any pyromaniac would see as a stroke of art. It wasn't particularly big, stretching about a couple meters in length, plus the buildings in the way made it not be very wide either. But it was more than enough to burn alive the slaves and guards in front of him, as the weak slave humans cried in agony as they tried to put out the fire on themselves, while the metal of the guards' armor became red hot and searing into their skins, killing some who had metal helmets almost instantly, while others were not so lucky. Some of the buildings around them, and the very sand itself caught fire, further roasting his victims until they succumbed to a slow and painful death.

Kain could not believe what he was seeing, not because of the pain and cries, not because of the agonizing deaths, but because of just how powerful his flames became just at a drop. It was still not even close to the legendary breath of a dragon, but it was still stronger than what he had before. However he could not stop there, just a bunch of people in front of him were not enough. With this in mind, he flapped his wings and flew through the air, making fire rain down from the sky as he breathes, beginning to kill as well by swooping down and slashing his sharp claws through the guts of unsuspecting slaves.

It wasn't just for this goddess. After what he had to put up with, after everything he's been through he needed a way to vent and lash out. He was a being of a higher calling compared to these humans, now was finally the time that he could prove it.
  • As they got closer, the group of slaves that Sacada was among immediately stopped in their tracks when the pillar of blood risen up into the air. All of them, Sacada included, watched in sheer fearful awe at the goddess that descended upon them.

"By the gods...What...What is that?"

"A face of such beauty, yet it feels as if we are into the eyes of Reshkold himself"

The slaves started talking to each other, trying to compehend what it is they are seeing. One of them however, the one that found and 'helped' Sacada instead focused his attention towards her as she just stares at the creature like the others. The difference between them and her, however, was clear: Everyone in the group was shaking in fear, their eyes filled with shock and awe, their mouths unable to be kept close. They all looked as if this had to be a dream that they want to wake from.

But she was different, not even a glimmer of fear, only some shock in her eyes, which immediately recovered, instead giving out only a hint of sorrow.

"Sacada?" The slave asked.

"...I...I didn't know." She simply said.

"...What?"

"...When I was a child, I've read every bible, and studied every god that was said to have made this world. The stories of Sahlyncirle, his children, and Reshkold, it was something of an obligation I had to learn about them all, but I also was just fascinated by what I've learned. Theology and mythology were quite important where I was from, as it helped form a healthy relationship with the Church. There is no god I haven't at least heard about therefore, or so I thought. I thought that, assuming if he even could, that madman would be able to summon one of the beings who gave this world its existence. But this..." She said to him.

"What are you..."

"I never told you my full name, did I? ...My name Sacada Delmont G'haethrane." She said to them.

"Sacada...G'haethrane!?" The slave asked shocked.

"The Queen of G'haethrane? The Queen of the Abandoned Throne? THAT Sacada G'haethrane?" Another slave asked.

"...So even after that day, it seems my reputation of neglect precedes me still." Sacada said in response.

"I, don't understand, what are you all talking about?" The first slave asked.

"You mean you don't know? This woman's the queen that neglected her responsibility to her throne. From what I remember, her prosperous kingdom of G'haethrane was being ruled until recently by some tyrant king that ruled the entire domain with an iron fist." One of the slaves said.

"...They rebelled against us and had him executed, and the kingdom was cast into a republic of fools while I was simply cast into this caravan as my punishment. I, of royal blood, was forced to watch my beloved king die, then simply be sold as a slave by my own people. That is when he came to me, as he came to us all, the madman responsible for the destruction your seeing before you now. ...I...I wanted revenge, revenge against the treachery against my people, revenge for my beloved king, whom I will never be able to see again. He offered us freedom and our desires fulfilled. To escape this nightmare and be able to avenge my family and love, For that I would gladly give up my life and tarnish my name." Sacada explained. She then looked up at the monstrous goddess once again.

"That aside, I have studied every god that has been said to create us. All of them value the life of humanity, need it be to cherish or use, they would put souls to good use. So it did not matter to me who that man would summon...or so I thought. This thing, this goddess, this...this demonic monster of unknown origin...I did not know a thing about her, She doesn't fit any of the description of the deities I have seen, not one. ...I do not know who she is, or how that man came to know the answer to that, let alone the means to summon her. It is clear however, that she devours the souls offered to her, and they in turn meet a fate worse than anything I would have imagined." Sacada said. All of a sudden, she was hit with a drop of raw power from Rhilmyn, the power enhancing her body to super-human levels. She looked at her hands, feeling the power coursing through her veins, as she looked back at the other slaves.

"I would rather not have to send people to an unknown fate of terror if I don't have to. So instead, I shall be merciful and give you all a chance. ...Join me, help me get out of here, let me protect you, and I will give you more than just your freedom. When the time comes and I take back my throne, I will make you nobles, grant you riches and power beyond your comprehension. I will ensure you never be sold to anyone ever again. Before even that, I will share with you the power I am given." Sacada said to them. the lot of them looked at each other, asking if they should trust her.

"Your throne? ...You mean the one you abandoned?" The first slave spoke out.

"Pardon?" Sacada asked, ultimately confused.

"You lied to us, you were about to send us to our deaths, and now you want us to join you in killing others? ...This is wrong, all of this is just wrong! Nobody can be serious in trying to help her sacrifice everyone here to that...that monster! I will not be sending others to their deaths just for my personal gain! If there's anyone that deserves to die here...It's that summoner and everyone who killed so that he could summon that, ...even, no, especially you!" He yelled out to Sacada, who had a blank expression on her face as he said it. Slowly she began to smile as she walked over to him, while he prepared for a fight.

"...For someone in such a hopeless position to have such a sense of justice. A slave like you speaking of what's right and wrong in a world like this...in a world where even someone like you and me are to be sold as things rather than people...I would love to have someone like you at my side as my new king. You're so kind, so pure, so...naive." She said as she placed her left hand on his face, smiling, as if ready to give the boy a kiss.
    but all of a sudden, with the right fist, she punched the boy in the gut with the enhanced strength given to her, making him be in enough pain to drop his weapon, which she then grabbed before it hit the ground and plunged into his gut. piercing the blade right through his body.

"But what I need is a warrior." She then said to him, as she slightly twisted the blade to where its edge was the right side rather than the bottom.

She then got close to his ear, and whispering something in a foreign language, though to anyone who goes to church the words would be familiar, a prayer of departure often said traditionally in church-arranged funerals, praying to the gods the soul's safe passage to their afterlives.

Immediately afterwards, she pushes the blade to the right until it cuts through his entire side, disemboweling the slave as his intestines and blood flew out. The boy was unable to even scream in agony as he dropped to the floor, bleeding to death with his eyes open wide in shock.

Then she immediately turns to the other slaves.

"Does anyone else have an objection?" She asked. All the other slaves that were led by the boy shook their heads in fear. It's clear she would do the same thing to them if they did after all.

"Good. Then follow me and watch my back. If we're getting out of this, there's only one way to do so...killing everyone that's not on our side. I'll be honest, I'd be lying if I said I'll be enjoying this, but as it stands, it's kill or be killed. ...So let's kill." Sacada explained.
  • The little girl slave watched as goddess appeared in the sky, summoned by the pillar of red and descending with tendrils of fire and brimstone. She never saw anything like this before, and as such, she could not help but stare at this ...wonderfully monstrous goddess that came down with a wide-eyed smile upon her face.

"It's...So Beautiful." She said, seeing it as a black and orange flower of flames coming into bloom, and indeed, at the center of the blossom was a fairy. Absorbing souls almost like...pollen coming into it rather than out. She reached out towards this flower as if was close enough to touch, pretend to touch and stoke its 'fiery petals'.

"Is this what souls are to you, Ms. Flower? ...Do you want your pollen back?" She asked it, naive to, or just ignoring, the fact that Rhilmyn would not answer her. Timed perfectly as if in response, however, she could hear her demands, and feel the power given to her. She smiled as she felt her body becoming stronger, more durable and faster than ever before, as slaves and guards found the girl, and, noticing the blood of her victims, carefully tried to sneak up on her. It was tough for the slaves to want to kill a kid, but this was about survival, so at the very least they should make it quick.

"Ok then Ms. Flower...I will give you ALL the pollen you want." She said, as she looked behind her towards the guards, a look of darkened excitement could be seen in her eyes. Taking her weapon in hand, she skillfully dodged oncoming attacks and countered on que, cutting through the slaves like butter and letting their blood drench her dress and body.

"Boy, Pollen is so messy. ...And smell so bland. But that's ok, all I need to do, is open the shell and the pollen will come out, like a seed." She said as she went for the others, laughing as she did.

"Ok then, Ms. Flower. ...I'll give you all the pollen you want, if it can give me the fruit you would bare." She said as she walked away, heading for another group of slaves nearby.

• Thank You
Reactions: Silvir
The desert night continued to echo with screams and terror as the remaining slaves were reduced to nothing. Their lives so easily extinguished by the chosen few. And those that chose to retaliate didn't gain anything from the pointless struggle, but to make their deaths more enjoyable for their killers. Killers who broke and scattered them like wheat on a field, wielding the strength and prowess of more than themselves. Furthering the futility in the actions of their prey, be it fight or flight.
A few had however allowed evil to taint them, seeking survival in the venomous tongue of a chosen one. While others were burned, bled, crushed and ripped apart, they would be given a new life. Because as they all understood, the likes of slaves had no choice but to follow those stronger, there was none among them who held the fate of a hero.
However, when all but the unluckiest had been laid bare for the dark god. The whole of the guards had finally managed to reach the center of the ruins, the stage of sacrifice...

------------------------------------------------------------------------

It had been just as any other job, guarding and picking up more merchandise along the set route, and then going to collect a hefty sum at the end. There had been no troubles out of the ordinary during the journey, an escaped slave here, a dead slave there. Until they stopped for camp the night before. At first none had picked up on it, but the slaves had been even more quiet than usual.
And while they didn't usually get close enough to feel the heat from the fires encircling them, they had always been within watching distance. But there had been something with these ruins, they had swallowed the hundreds of slaves belonging to the caravan as if they weren't there. And then slaves as well as guards had been found dead, and special cases had gone missing. Of course the whole guard had been told to wake up and join the task of returning order. And it hadn't taken long for them to start rounding up slaves even at the outskirts of the village ruins.

One of the leading guards and his posse had managed to gather as many as 20 slaves when a screech like that of a wild beast was loosened in the night, the sky turned blood red and what they first thought to be a goddess appeared.
It took mere moments for them to realize their misconception. With some of the slaves they had gathered starting to convulse and drop dead on the desert sand, looking drenched in blood by the light. And then the demon screamed out its thirst for more blood, plunging the desert ruins into chaos.

Simpleminded, or focused as they were on the loss of profit, all guards moved further into the ruins. Walking past the brutalized corpses of the slaves, sometimes seeing the monsters in the shape of men tearing them apart and striking them down. Not that those guards made it through, nor did those who came across the dragon halfblood, scorching the sand below with flames.
Nonetheless the amount of guards who reached the center of the village numbered in the hundreds. And while they were hardened men and women, the sight made them stop in horror.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

First stood among a bed of bodies, blood having turned the sand under his feet into mud. Looking around he could see the chosen ones relishing in their new vitality. Something however seemed out of place, there were living sacrifices converging upon the slaughter, and they seemed to be armed with more than rags.
"Ah, you are finally here, good. I wouldn't have liked having to go get you." He said, showing them a faint smile. They had after all made his task that much easier. The guards were all around him. But if anything it made the man smile wider, because it was not him that was trapped by the guards. But the guards who were trapped between him and the other chosen. First smiled as he walked to greet them.

In the sky above the dark god continued to receive her due, the ritual would soon be finished. And when it was, the real tribute would begin.

Reactions: Kreska

• Standing atop a mound of eviscerated corpses, Tristitia glanced around at the guards who had not yet perished, whether it was by his hand, or the hand of one of his "Associates". His tattered coat blowing in the wind, a large amount of his attire, and parts of his hair and face stained crimson from the carnage he had wrought, his five tendrils equally as bloody from the slaughter.

"Stubborn fools. They tried to attack someone who has the ability to dispatch them without significant effort before they ever get close." Tristitia said to himself as he glanced towards First and the guards surrounding him.

"...They made a poor choice of actions there, having chosen to stand between a rock and a wall of spears." Tristitia said to himself, as his tendrils took positions above his head, both shoulders, and beside his hands, their sharp, blade-like tips pointed towards the guards as he said spears.

With a simple wave of his right hand, the tendrils then launched towards one guard each, impaling each through the back of their skull, before promptly tearing their heads off.

"Sealed in blood, I embark upon the road to damnation, taking as many of those with black hearts to the grave with me, before my appointed hour with the reaper comes to pass."

• Zerenis was running on pure adrenaline at this point as he continued his slaughter, the newly arrived guards only adding to his kill count. The power, his purple flames that empowered him, he'd received was intoxicating to someone who had been kicked to the dirt and left to grow weak and frail. In time, he would return to his former strength before he was thrown into captivity, but first, he had to ensure he survived the night, having torn through numerous guards and slaves alike. In his eyes, there was no longer a difference. There was only the strong and the weak.

"Survival of the STRONGEST is the rule of our world. And I aim to be among the strongest in this world, no matter the cost." The now empowered former gladiator thought to himself as he tore a guard asunder, ripping him vertically in two with his bare hands, most if not all of his body was stained in blood as a result of his brutal killing spree.

"You no longer deal with a man left to grow weak and complacent, or a man condemned to follow another's commands until death. You now deal with a monster in human form. Make peace with your gods... BECAUSE I'M COMING FOR YOUR HEADS!"

Deadeye stood among a great many corpses, all with a single, lethal wound each. Along the way, she had taken most of the guards' daggers and belts. She stood atop her last kill, tossing away most of the belts, and putting all of the sheaths on two belts, one on her waist and one across her torso. And now, she had seven daggers, all of which had gotten a taste of blood from the very guards they came from.

Then she noticed that the guards who were converging on the First. On the one hand, she wanted to murder them all... But on the other hand, she wanted to see what the first could do himself. She started walking slowly back towards the First, chuckling as she kicked the bodies she had left on her way down...

The man called Strife did not follow the others joy in this new powers instead he saw it fit to save most of it. Even if that did not mean an instant kill. Revealing little about himself and wasting little energy, the man ignored the moans from beneath him and observed what took place further away as the guards arrived.
Not that he was glad they did. As much as others might enjoy power tripping and relishing in other primitive enjoyments, Strife wanted to finish up this little affair and move on to the next step. A deity had chosen to descend to them. And soon a girl would awaken into a situation where she had little choice but to follow. A much more efficient turn of events compared to slowly drugging her into submission.

Not to mention they where in the middle of nowhere and at this point just killing of possible labour forces. Having sedated the urge to kill for that woman in the sky, Strife returned to the hill where the young girl slept.
And as he hoisted Ikaros over his should she complained in her half dazed sleep disturbed by the movement and the uncomfortable feeling of the world turning against her own favour.

Status
Not open for further replies.