ABERRANCE ROOT || Signups & OOC

With more than a little regret, I'm afraid that I will be shelving this RP for the foreseeable future.

My partner and I have our first child arriving the next few weeks (why yes I am panicking, thank you). Though I initially hoped that I was going to be able to balance life, commitments, writing and parenting, it's become very clear that this was over-optimistic on my part. Turns out babies are quite a lot of work, who knew? Whilst we could roll the dice and see how many plates I could spin, I don't want to get the ball rolling when I know that in all likelihood I will not have the time necessary to get this RP off the ground. If nothing else, I am aware of my own shortcomings as a GM. I don't want to set everyone involved up for disappointment when I know there's a good chance I will not be able to match your efforts: you all deserve better than that.

So for now at least, I believe the best option is to take a rain check and postpone. Please accept my apologies but I believe it's better that we pause now, before things have truly got going, than when the game has started.

Thank you all for your interest, your ideas and your enthusiasm for Aberrance Root. As much as I'm disappointed that I'm not going to be able to tell this story with you just yet, things are eventually going to calm down on my end in the future (though there are a lot of sleepless nights awaiting me between now and then). I sincerely hope that we'll be able to re-visit this story then.
Bejeebus dude, congratulations and good luck on that rollercoaster. I still love the concept even if I dropped and I don't expect that to fade.

• Love
Reactions: Hecatoncheires