A weird post I saw on Nationstates..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isabella Hime

Winter is coming...
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
You've got to be kidding me. I've been further even more decided to use even go need to do look more as anyone can. Can you REALLY be far even as decided half as much to use go wish for that? My guess is that when one really been far even as thought once to use even go want, it is then that he HAS really been far even as naught to use even go want to do look more like. It's just common sense.

LOL Wat?

Has anyone ever been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Man you guise don't understand this man's genius!

I mean, if you're not as close decided to be near even if you can do, almost always we would go by the things that come near when we go look for the things even when we want to go wrong around them, am I right?

But most people don't know why we do the even things how we do because we are far from the many things that were commonly out.

GOSH YOU GUISE ARE SO SIMPLE MINDED.

No but seriously, what's probably the funniest thing there is that they say at the end, "It's just common sense," after that unintelligible tirade LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Scrap Iron
What language did google translate put through the grinder?

And on a adjacently related note because I'm the goddamn Internet Witch:

Not sure if this falls in the category of Easter Egg or clever manipulation, but either way, there go our afternoons: Redditor harrichr has devised a scheme for turning Google Translate into a makeshift beatbox machine.

1) Go to [1] Google Translate

2) Set the translator to translate German to German

3) Copy + paste the following into the translate box: pv zk pv pv zk pv zk kz zk pv pv pv zk pv zk zk pzk pzk pvzkpkzvpvzk kkkkkk bsch

4) Click "listen"

5) Be amazed :)

For the lazy, just click this link and it'll be done for you.

There's nothing magical about this particular sequence, and there's tons of room for experimentation: In German, anyway, "pv" and "zk" make complementary breathy sounds and clicks, respectively. Spaces add pauses. No idea why "bsch" makes that parrot-chirpy sound, but there you go. For some reason, German seems to be the best language for this, since German Google Translate rapidly strings vowelless consonants where it tends to enunciate each one in some other languages. (Which isn't to say that there aren't yet more tricks elsewhere.) After a little bit of playing around, "r," "w," and "f" seem to be promising letters for beatboxing purposes as well.

Update: Hacker News reader iamdave has come up with a pretty comprehensive Google Translate beatboxing guide:

Here's your rudiment/instrument notation

zk = suspended cymbal

bschk = snare

pv = brush

bk = bass

tk = flam1

vk = roll tap

kt = flam2

kttp = flam tap

krp = hi hat tap

pv = short roll

th = better hi hat