A Twist on the average VR rp?

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Witchless

Original poster
Hello, everyone! I would be interested in running a small group rp where the usual Virtual Reality element is in fact a series of interconnected tales, where action made in one world will affect the following one, that it may be the reappearance of a theme or object or merely possibles paths that are altered. The VR being much like a card game in nature, each of your characters will be dealt with a set of five cards, that they will be able to exchange among them or to discard for another to make a tale of the results, each card unlocking an event they will be able to overcome as they will. Moreover, each character will start their digital journey with a sole point in each of the following abilities: Arm (Dexterity and Strength), Head (Intelligence and Wisdom), Heart (Constitution and Charisma), Eye (Aim and Perception) and Leg (Speed and Evasion). At the end of each tale each aptitude will have the chance to be bettered according to each characters, or player's, will.

Each of the five cards/events making a chapter of each tale, the tale in question will be able to be continued on the wish of a majority of the players after a minimum of three tales will be passed between each iteration of the same tale. Go deep enough into a storyline and you may find something game changing, for better or ill...

This is definitely something I'd like to be a part of. Count me in!

It's definitely an interesting concept! I'd like to know a little bit more about the plot before jumping into something like this. It sounds very D&D-like, mixed with a bit of an MMO style of thinking. Not that I have a problem with either. I'd just like a little bit more information on what you have so far.

I was thinking into making this VR game be a History and Alternate History lesson for the characters, actually, showing them what was life like in their world in the past and showing possibilities of what could have happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.