4. Prestige
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Fantasy, Sci fi, Romance, Historical, Modern, Supernatural

A Turkish Delight

"Esteemed one,

We invite you to a gala at the honorable Governor Canhabibe's home. Should you accept, arrangements will be made to deliver you from your residence to Turkey, wherein the Governor once again extends an invitation for you to enjoy her hospitality for the night. We eagerly await your reply, and the Governor looks forward to your company.

Signed,

Canhabibe Estate."

One simply doesn't say no to a politician's party. When Governor Canhabibe throws a grand ball at her palatial mansion on the coast of Turkey, colorful characters from all over the Middle East are invited to come. A select few guests are invited to stay the night. The fabulous occasion ends on a high note, but in the morning, there is a surprise waiting on the ballroom floor: the mistress of the home herself, murdered in cold blood. Now the guests become the suspects as a private investigator is called in to find out the truth. Who really killed Governor Canhabibe?

-------------------------------------------------​

Greetings, honored guests, and welcome to Pearls of Persia's first sandbox game event! The rules for the game are as follows:

Rules:
  • no player limitation; however, there is a character limitation of one per person.
  • Sandbox start at January 2nd
  • Event length until the end the month
  • This is a sandbox rp, meaning that the story is largely character-driven. There will be little to no GM posts--only when it's absolutely necessary for moving the story forward!
  • To participate, all you have to do is submit a character name, role, and their motive to kill! It can be as malignant or as innocent a connection as you'd like.
  • Posts can be a minimum of one paragraph. Try to post weekly!

Don't worry about following lore. This is a game that extends outside of the main storylines, and player objectives are to avoid looking guilty at all costs, even if that means lying, creating diversions, or pointing the blame at someone else! The murderer will be revealed at the end :^)

Think you're ready to play? Then follow me into the Canhabibe Estate...
the-office-creed.gif

SOME DEAD LADY

p8NzwKv.jpg

They could have at least had the decency to move the corpse. Or even cover her. The 54 year old governor was still sprawled across the ballroom tile in a state of undress, the wide expanse of her back smooth and deceivingly young. There was a small puddle of blood pooling beneath her head.

A murder to solve at five am--what a rotten treat.

"Nobody told me her shamaamas and all were out," Omateer complained. "Darius, gods--cover her up, will ya?"

"Sure thing, boss."

The lanky male threw a sheet over her body as Omateer moved away, a yawn ripping through him.

Darius had gotten there before him. For a mere lackey, he was good at his job; already, he'd served the necessary notice to the woman's husband, her children, and gathered the assembled guests and live-in staff within one of the estate's many dens. Omateer preferred an intimate space when interrogating potential suspects. Was it truly wise to ask them questions all at once? Eh, probably not. But he'd already made a decision, and going back on his word required too much effort.

The chosen den had a large fire going in the pit. Various chairs surrounded it, and within them sat the bleary eyed guests of Canhabibe's latest gala, still dressed in their nightly garments to boot. He caught more than a few bewildered eyes. Omateer met them readily, slamming the door to the den shut behind him.

"Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. As my assistant has made you all aware, Governor Canhabibe is dead. Murdered, I might add. And someone here did it."

His eyes turned to steel.

"I'm going to ask this only once. Who are you, and where were each of you at approximately midnight last night? And I'd warn you not to lie to me. I've already questioned the staff."

He had not, in fact, questioned the staff.

Such rotten luck. Invited to the most honourable party of the year and a murder happened. Moysei knew that he had a penchant for being at the wrong place at the wrong time, but this truly had beaten it all as he watched the naked back of the lady be covered, lamenting his own misfortune that he didn't stand at the other side of the room, where he could have seen the face and more of the lady.

"A fit of passion?" the scholar muses out loud, a tad too amused to be appropriate which earns him a dirty glare from the lady next to him for even daring to suggest such. Yet, it was perhaps no secret that the mistress got around, charming as she was. The state in which she had been found said enough, though Moysei hadn't seen the face of the lady yet to determine that for sure.

In any case, the party wasn't over. It was far from over, though he suspected that none of the guests were enjoying themselves anymore.