Genres
Any. I have no favorites.
tA4QLMH.jpg

Name:
Venelopi Carmen Peters

Nickname:
Nelli

Hobby:
Robotics and computer science. She loves building robots and has a knack for working on old computers in her spare time. She also loves video games and has a collection of classics.

Basic Biography:
Nelli grew up an only child to a single mother, her father having passed away when she was just a baby. Her mother was an amazing doctor who was working with patients suffering from paralysis. Her mother was always busy and hard working, yet despite how exhausted she was, her mother always found time to be with and spend time with her.

When Nelli turned 12 years old, she was playing on the balcony of their home and stumbled, falling from it and down to the ground below. She was lucky to be alive, but the incident left her with spinal injuries and unable to move from the waist down. It left her in a wheel chair and because of this, went into a depression because of losing her ability to walk. Her mother though, in attempt to help her daughter and get back to the way things were, began to further in her research and began to feel that she was getting close something that would change the medical world for the better. She was sure that she had found a way to reverse the affects of paralysis. Yet, to test her studies, she needed a test subject and Mira, wanting to help her mother, volunteered.

Her mother performed the surgery on her just a year after her accident, and as such, when the surgery was a success, it took minimal physical therapy to get her back to walking like before since her muscles had yet to deteriorate from such a short time of not being used. She was the first and only success story of her mother's research, because just a week after her being sent home after her recovery, there was an incident at the hospital. An incident that changed her life for the worse.

While her mother was at work, an unidentified person singled the woman out. Nelli was told the person asked for a meeting with her mother, the man wanting to ask her to work on a medical venture with him, yet her mother had refused. No one saw what happened between her mother and the man, yet when someone finally found her, it was too late. By the time security and cops arrived at the scene, her mother was dead and the man who killed her was no where to be seen.

To this day, it is unknown just what this man had wanted her mother to do or create, nor is it known just who the man was. But, after her mother's murder, Nelli swore to herself she would find who did it, even if it mean taking out every evil person in the city of San Fransokoyo to do so. With her mother not there to take care of her anymore, Nelli was forced to move in with her grandmother a few cities away, only returning to San Fransokyo for special occasions, such as holidays or special events that her other family members were involved in.

Now, she herself is eighteen years old and is moving back to San Fransokoyo to attend the University, majoring in Robotics.

Her Super Suit:
It's blue and has a face mask to go over her face to hide her identity.
6VCh0Rx.png

Other:
While Nelli is not afraid of heights, ever since her accident on the balcony, she's has a fear of falling. Being up high while secured or safe (such as in an airplane or in her super suit) doesn't bother her, but should something give out and there be a risk of falling, she would most likely freeze up and be unable to help herself get out of the situation.

She is also the younger cousin to Honey Lemon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It felt strange, to be moving back to San Fransokyo after so long. She hadn't fully lived in the big city since she was twelve years old, and while it held plenty fond memories of her childhood, it also held strong reminders of emotional turmoil and loss. Yet, she hid such emotions well. It was easy to do. Her family was always such a happy bunch and so it was natural of her to be able to slip on that smile and pretend she was okay. She had been able to get by without anyone knowing of the depression she had gone through after her mother died and she still got by without people knowing that she still felt that same depression about it now.

Letting out a small sigh, she parked her car in the parking lot of the dorms for the University. Since her grandmother lived a couple of hours from the University, she found it easier to just live on campus where she had easy access to the classes, as well as to the labs should she want to work on something. She grabbed some of her things, moving them to her room that she had been assigned to and once that was done with, she moved some of her things into the lab room she had been assigned in what the students here called the 'nerd lab'. It was a pretty interesting place and would be perfect when she wanted to get some work done. It was like her own personal work room and she loved it.

Once she had moved some things into the lab, she figured it might do her some good to go find something to eat for lunch before really getting to work. And so, she walked out of the lab and down the street, trying to find a good restaurant to eat at. Her search for food brought her off of campus, where she found a place that seemed promising. A cafe called the Lucky Cat Cafe. She shrugged to herself and walked in, hoping this place had some good food. As she found a table, going to sit down, she heard a familiar voice yell her name and she was tackled into a hug, yelping slightly as she went to catch her balance to not fall over, "Nelli! Oh it's so good to see you! It's been too long!"

The young blonde steadied herself, looking up to her cousin, who was possibly the most smiling and hyper active person in her whole family, "Oh, hey Jennifer. I wouldn't say its been too long. I saw you a few months ago when you graduated college, remember?"

"I know, but months seem like forever! Oh! Wait, speaking of college, I'm here with some friends from the college! Come on, come meet them!"

"Oh, I don't know, I really should eat and get back to--" Yet, her cousin was taking not taking no for an answer, leading her over to a table in the cafe, where four other people sat,

"Who'd you kidnap this time Honey Lemon?" Wasabi spoke up, a grin on his face as the energetic girl dragged the younger girl unwillingly over to their table to show her off.

"Honey Lemon?" Nelli looked at her cousin questioningly.

Honey merely shrugged, giving a smile, "It's a nickname." She looked back to the others, "And I didn't kidnap her. This is Venelopi. The cousin I told you guys about that's starting the University. She's going to join us for lunch."

"Huh? But wait, I have to get back to the university and--" Once again though, she didn't get a chance to say what she was going to because her cousin was dragging another chair over to the table. Nelli should have known her cousin wouldn't give up. She was always very persistent and ever since her mother passed away always tried to include Nelli in with whatever she was doing so she wasn't left out, when she was in town that is, which until now wasn't often. Sitting there though, she felt a little awkward, as the only one she did know was her cousin. The other four were perfect strangers, "Ummm, hi?"

"Nice of you to join us." Hiro said with a smile, laughing to himself at the girl called "Nelli", "Have you decided to join the University?"

"Yeah, she'll be one of the new students at the University. You know, thought that I should introduce you, since she is my cousin after all." Honey said with a smirk.

"That means you are interested in computers...robotics maybe? I have a great interest in both. Hey guys, mind if I show her the microbots? They are pretty cool." Hiro said with a grin.

"I'll go get'em. Won't be too long." Wasabi said, dashing outside for a brief few moments. While outside, Hero slid on the control band, and flicked it on. About a minute later, Wasabi lugged in a large, pearly white bin filled with microbots.

"Alright. Now, sit back, and watch this! I can control the microbots with my mind, and they immediately do my bidding!" Hiro shouted with a childish excitement. For a second, he remembered the mess that they made, but knew that they were safe now, and were protected from being used by anyone except himself with a safeguard that he had implemented after the Incident.

With a raise of his hand, the lid of the bin flew off, and the microbots flew through the cafe, doing various loops and making various shapes, such as a pot filling a cup, and two swords smashing into on another. "Cool, right Nellie?"

This whole group was a rather energetic bunch. Without even really knowing her they were jumping into a conversation with her, asking her the interests she had. Everyone at the University had a interest in something, whether it be medical, chemistry, engineering, computers, robots, or any of the other majors the University took. At Hiro's question, Nelli nodded slightly, "Both. Computers and robotics." She had been building robots from a very young age, and of course designed them on her computer. She was very inventive with her creations, though she didn't really like to boast about them very much, keeping most of her projects to herself.

As she sat there, one of the people in her cousin's small group spoke up about something called 'microbots'. She watched in silent curiosity as one of the others went to go fetch whatever these things were and soon returned with a white bin. The boy with, what looked to be some sort of transmitter that he slid onto his head, mentioned that he could control these microbots to do anything he wanted them too. And, as if to prove so, the microbots came flooding out of the container, moving to swirl around the cafe and make different shapes. It was actually quite a sight to see.

Blinking a little in surprise, she actually cracked a small smile, giving a nod, "Pretty amazing. Controlling robots with a neurotransmitter isn't something I've ever made before, nor is it something I've seen anyone else make before either, that's for sure. It's quite the concept."

She looked to the others, "So, you all know my name, but I'm afraid I didn't catch yours."

"I'm Fred," The one with the long hair and a beanie stated with his usual Fred-ness. He gave a relaxed smile that was very common of him. Like usual, Fred was a bit overly-friendly while retaining his 'chill' factor.

Go-Go smiled and gave a two fingered salute causally as she introduced herself, "Call me Go-Go." She was wearing her usual half leggings, white t-shirt, and half jacket.

Wasabi was next with his friendly demeanor. "Wasabi," He stated as he held up a hand to identify himself.

"And the one with the microbots is Hiro. He'll be the only one on campus with you for the most part. The rest of us have already graduated, but he's a senior this year since he started school a year after we did." Honey Lemon said with a smile.

When her cousin mentioned the boy being a senior, Nelli got curious. He looked like he was around her age range. Not that she could say much. She herself was actually ahead a couple of semesters for college thanks to online duel enrollment, allowing her to take online courses with the college while still in high school. But even then she was only considered just barely a college sophomore because the school had limited how many college classes she could take at a time. She would have thought all other high schools would be the same unless one graduated early. Perhaps that was the case with him?

She tilted her head to the side in curiosity, speaking to him, "You're on your last year of college? But, you look like you're my age?"

"Ah, I probably am your age. I started early, being a prodigy and all that. But yeah, I'm Hiro." The microbots flew back into the bin at Hiro's command, and he relaxed in his chair.

"So, you are a sophomore? Interesting. What kind of technology have you built?" Hiro asked, trying to get a picture of this new person.

In Hiro's mind, he imagined she likely had built tiny little robots that would've automated mundane tasks, such as cooking, cleaning, and the like. He excitedly awaited her response to the question as he sipped down his coffee.

Well, this boy certainly wasn't shy about his achievements, calling himself a prodigy and all that. She herself wasn't really that big on telling others what she had built and such. She didn't like to brag, nor did she think anything she built was that big of a deal. Some might call her humble in that way. So, when he asked, she merely shrugged, "A small variety of different robots. When I was younger I used to build bots for bot fights. I won quite a few. But, then I guess I sort of grew out of that phase and started making more simple robots. Robots to help with daily tasks or with people who can't do things for themselves. I mean, their not exactly perfect or very high tech, but I can always improve while here at the University."

"You'll get lots of practice there. There's lots of time to work on projects and plenty of privacy when you're out of the main testing area and in your own lab room." Go-Go stated, popping a bubble with her gum.

Honey Lemon's eyes brightened at the thought of the labs, looking to Nelli, "Has anyone shown you around the labs? We could totally do that right now!"

Nelli smiled lightly, "I already took a look at it earlier. I think I'll be fi--"

"But it's not the same. Come on, let's go!" With that, the ever hyper active Honey Lemon was dragging her up from her chair, "Come on you guys! Let's get moving!"

It didn't take long to get back to campus and Honey Lemon, linking arms with Venelopi as they walked, spoke, "We could help you move some of your stuff into the lab if you want."

"I've already moved most of my stuff in there already before I went to the cafe." She said with a small grateful smile as the group walked toward the hall where all the personal labs were, walking past a few of the labs until they got to the one labeled with her name.

The groups walked in and Wasabi seemed approving, looking to the others, "See guys, this is how a lab should be. Organized with a place for everything."

Nelli gave a small laugh, "Well, I wouldn't say that. But I try to keep my work space clean and my different parts in the right containers so I can find them while I'm building."

"Have you built anything yet?"

Nelli seemed to think for a moment before speaking, "I didn't built it while I was here, but I do have one of my robots with me,"

"Can we see it?"

"I suppose...it couldn't hurt." Nelli said, making her way over to the corner of the room, where a box she had yet to unpack was. Opening it up, she pulled out a smaller robot that went just above her knees. Setting it on the floor, she smiled and stood up straight, "Zenbo, I need your help with something."

At the sound of his name, the little robot activated, its screen looking up to her as it spoke, "Hello, Venelopi. What can I do for you?" It said, rolling back and forth happily as it awaited orders.

"I want you to say hi to my friends, Zenbo."

At the mention of other people, the robot rolled backwards, beeping in surprise to see other people in the room, "We have company!" Zenbo rolled around Nelli and stopped in front of the group of people, "Hello, friends. I am Zenbo, Venelopi's personalized assistant."

"Awww! He's so cute!" Honey Lemon said, kneeling to look down at the little robot, "What does he do?"

"Zenbo is an assistant. He does a lot of things. He has hands and extendable arms that he can use to accomplish tasks and can be shortened and compressed at his sides when he's not using for for easy movement and storage. He can do anything from cleaning, to cooking, to organizing. He also can take pictures, browse the web for information, and even baby sitting to a certain extent. He helps me out a lot, and he's also pretty awesome to have when I need an extra hand building."

"I'm also a lot of fun at parties!" Zenbo said excitedly, rolling around Honey Lemon and then zipping in and out between the others standing around as he began to play music.

Nelli grinned in amusement watching the robot, "And he's grown quite the personality. I built him back when I was ten, so he's had many years to adjust to the environment. Almost like having a kid around sometimes. But, seeing as he's the first robot I ever built, he's important to me."

"What's under this?" It was Fred that spoke up this time, gesturing to a somewhat larger bulk that rested under a sheet in a cube like shape.

Looking over to it, she gave a small smile, "That's my current project. It's not quite finished yet."

"Can we see it?" Wasbai asked, going to stand beside Fred looking at the covered machinery curiously.

"Well..." She began, thinking for a moment before shaking her head, "I think I should finish it first before showing anyone. I don't really feel comfortable showing anyone until I know its complete."

"That's cool. Totally understand." Fred said with his signature grin, showing that it wasn't a big deal. The two were quickly distracted from it anyway as little Zenbo continued to roll around, chatting about different things to the group happily.

(here's a little video of Zenbo. I totally stole him from this and added extendable arms to him that can be hidden away in his sides when he's not using them. I thought the robot was just too cute and had to use him as one of Nelli's robots)

"Kinda reminds me of Baymax, my health-care companion my older brother made. He's quite funny, but he does his doctoring job well. And, he's got some sick fighting skills. But nonetheless, that is a mighty fine robot, Zenbo is. Does it follow commands from others besides you?" Hiro said, beginning with a laugh.

"Hiro, you totally should go get Baymax, and Baymax and Zenbo can have like a totally awesome AI party!" Fred happily exclaimed.

"You know, I'll do that. Lemme just go down to my lab, its just two doors down!" Hiro said as he dashed out of Nellie's lab.

Down the pearly white hallways, past two doors, and there his lab was, with a golden plate on the door reading "Hiro Hamada, Robot Builder" He pushed the door open, revealing his personal lab. A blast of cold air shot into the hallway as Hiro walked inside. A brief glance wouldn't show much, excluding the fact that Hiro was quite messy, and that most of his inventions lie beneath piles and piles of paper.

"Ouch." Hiro said, hoping Baymax would respond.

Soon enough, a white blob in a small red case began to inflate, quickly turning into Baymax. "Are you okay?"

"Yes. I have a friend I'd like you to meet. His name is Zenbo." Hiro said.

"Would me meeting Zenbo make you feel better?" Baymax replied as he slowly walked around Hiro's lab.

"Yes, it would." Hiro curtly replied.

Soon enough, they were back down the hallway, and into Nellie's lab. "Nellie, Zenbo, meet Baymax, my personal health-care assistant."

With a wave of his hand, Baymax said, "Hello, I am Baymax, your personal health care assistant."

Status
Not open for further replies.