A True Detective influenced crime RP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

FrenziedAce

Original poster
So after rewatching True Detective (one of my favorite shows ever), I've been thinking about doing a crime drama style RP. The RPers would play as detectives investigating a serial killer. Of course the investigation would not be that simple, there would be surprises and twists along the way.

It would also be influenced by other media such as L.A. Noire, Zodiac and CSI. There would be loads of drama, mixed in with some horror, comedy and maybe even some action. I'm still in the planning stages, but I just wanted to see if anyone else would be interested.

I'm ideally looking for 3 - 5 other people for this RP. I would GM it as well as creating my own character for it.

Couple of questions;

Would the roleplaying revolve around investigation? And if so, how would that take place? How would players know what to look for in regards to evidence, how would they conduct interviews, etc?

I would love to do a game like this, but I'd like to know some of the logistic ideas behind the game before I throw in my hat. Thanks.

I wouldn't mind playing a wine and drug lord.

Status
Not open for further replies.