A Tale of Regrets (Currently Filled; Modern Supernatural)

F

FrozenTear

Original poster
Rated M for Doom and Gloom

Link to OOC

~A Tale of Regrets~

A young man's empty gaze turned into the burning sky. The sun was slowly setting, and he could feel the grains of sand trickling down his hourglass. The crimson fire eventually gave way to a calm violet, and he closed his eyes. He let himself fall from the bridge into the watery depths below. There were no screams, there were no tears; There were no final wishes, only the sound of a splash.

A mother had just dropped off her kids at school after her usual morning rush. She went to her favourite coffee shop to get herself a cup of latte before heading back to work. Traffic was quite bad so she thought she would park her car across the street. She bought her coffee, but never noticed a man shadowing her. She didn't show up to pick her kids up after school.

A couple was walking down a busy street, in his hands were quite a few shopping bags but he smiled happily as his girlfriend continued to walk down. They were buying things for their wedding next week. She pointed at the window of a jewellery shop, and he saw a locket that would look very nicely on her. He then saw the silhouette of a truck from the window's reflection.

A salaryman was half drunk as he had just finished drinking with some colleagues. They had just sealed the deal and made their company a lot of money. All his works were worth it at the end of the day. He was walking down the staircase after arriving at the subway station. He stepped on something and slipped. The last thing on his mind was all the things that he didn't delete from his computer hard drive.

A young girl curled herself into a ball in the living room. She was humming a familiar tune as she sat in the couch. It was a lullaby her mother sang to her. On the dinner table was a note and a 10 dollar bill. "Sorry, but I can't stay anymore. Please take care." None of her neighbours realized that she hadn't left her home for a very long time.

A sickly woman lay on the hospital bed. She no longer had hair, and she hated every moment that she had to stare at her own bony figure at a mirror. Her eyes were blazing with life, but she could feel her life slipping away despite all her efforts. The skies were so blue today, but she wondered if she could see tomorrow's light. She closed her eyes, only to never open them again as she lost herself in the grasping cold.

A man was carrying his brother in arms. The mission was a failure. The intel provided by their inside man was bad and half the unit was wiped out by the enemy. He looked at the youth he was carrying. He told him that he was going to go home and get married with his sweetheart this coming summer. He gritted his teeth as he dragged him from the fire zone. Then he saw a familiar face waiting for him at the end of the line, and the muzzle of a gun.

~A Tale of Rebirth~
Settings: Modern, Supernatural
Theme: Regret & Rebirth
Rating: M, for Doom and Gloom

So you died.

No matter what kind of a person you were, you only need to know one thing: You died and came back. Your old life was lost, and it is up to you to do with the new.

Some chose their rebirth to fix their regrets, to do what they couldn't in their past life. The sickly woman walked under the sun confidently as she "miraculously" defeat her disease, and became a motivational speaker to the youth of the next generation. Some chose their rebirth as a sign to avenge the wrongs. A lone man stood inside room filled with dead men, and he stepped on the chest of a former comrade who was begging for his life. He offered him the muzzle of a gun in his final moment. Some chose their rebirth to repent and offer succor to the living. A man poured hot stew into the bowl of a homeless man in a soup kitchen. He was wearing a locket and inside was a picture of his dead fiancee.

And then there are the ones that Death has special plans for.

A young man living under the bridge in Central Park was rumoured to have a healing touch and very potent green fingers. Crime rates have dropped due to a masked woman fighting crimes solo in the middle of the night. A salaryman used his talents to detect others' desire to help him with his business deals and helping a female detective to uncover corruption. A young girl realized that she could interact with echoes of the dead and befriend them, while solving her own personal issues.

And you were one of the latter.

As it was written, your old life was lost and it is up to you to do with the new.

And so, what tales will you weave for Death to read?

What is this about?
Mainly to check interest if anyone is interested to rp in such a setting/theme. If there's an interest, then I'll set up a character sheet/settings etc with more information. Please let me know if there's any questions and I might add them below.

Note that while the setting can be dark, gritty & bleak, characters can do their best to make it lighthearted/warmhearted.

Other Notes
Players: 1-4
Posting Expectations: Elementary/Intermediate is fine. Do the polite thing and react to everyone (when relevant) and avoid one liners are all I'm asking.
Posting Speed: A post every 2~3 days. If you can't post please let us know.
Character Background: Must have died once (Did I mention it's rated M for doom and gloom?)
Character Powers: Anything goes. However, please avoid OP powers. Anything that starts with "omni" is banned as usual. You can have more than one powers, but it must be thematically relevant and I expect weaknesses to go with them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am interested too! Already have an idea for a character :3

Dropping interest here.

literally stalking the folk known as the rodster because we share interests

so i'm in it

Oh my, seems like I have a full team already. :)

Welcome y'all!

Will have the OOC and Character sheet up in a few hours and I'll ping you then.

Seems I missed my chance to join...Would there be room for one more by any chance?