A song of ice and fire [Game of thrones] RP (OOC&Sign-ups)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jargo

Enough talk. Witness.
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
Writing Levels
  1. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. No Preferences
Hello out there! I can't imagine that there is not an existing RP based on George R.R. Martin's amazing saga! So let's make one, shall we?

The setting is slightly before the end of the second book, while Renly Baratheon is still alive, marching his host slowly but steadily towards King's landing. Lady Catelyn is at his host and Robb has been pronounced King in the North and the Riverlands. This means Stannis has already put his plan into motion, but you could still reconsider, he has not yet talked to Davos about it. All the characters apart from Eddard, Robert and the other people who die before Renly does, are available! That includes Euron Greyjoy, Marwin the mage and everyone else from all the books published so far. You may choose to die... uhm I mean jump into the melee earlier than your time in the book or to take your time, but you must act if another's character chooses to interact with you. If you choose characters who are closely related for some reason you are free to roleplay on behalf of both of them, until that character is actually claimed by someone. Other than that, it is one character per person. No original characters! If you want to use magic, which is hinted for but not yet revealed fully, you have to ask me, in this thread or in conversation if you don't want others to guess your plans. When I can't figure out an answer myself (which will probably not happen I'm too keen on this) I will ask in the thread for players' opinions. I will at some points make a neutral post with something major occurring in the world if I feel it is time for it to happen, according to the original plot. Those will be in yellow to stand out.

The requirements are quite simple, yet demanding. To begin with, I want nice, lengthy posts with sense and thought devoted to them, that's why posting expectations are set to intermediate. The second one, and I will not compromise with this, is to have read all the five books, or at the very least the first three. If you have simply watched the show you will not be able to play properly and you will be excluded from the game eventually. The show is a weak representation of the books and it misses tons of important features, not to mention the ridiculous tendency of altering the plot. Last but not least, when you wish to play a certain character, you can claim it here or in a PM. To get the role, you will have to roleplay a scene as that character with me in a conversation after which I will decide if you will be good for the part or not. Don't be scared off by my requirements, I'm a nice guy, really! You can just start a conversation like this: Hi, I would liek to play the role of Stannis Baratheon, my scene is ??? and start with the roleplay.

Finally, this is not just a roleplay, this is a battle! Let the best one sit on the Iron Throne or let the Others destroy all that is green. Remember: when you play the game of thrones, you win or you die! There is no middle ground!

Something to hype you up:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.