4. Advanced
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
Genres
Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Fandom, Post apocalypse
Roleplay || Characters || Lore || Discord

Go ahead and chat about whatever you wish here!~

Whether it is to discuss ideas, concerns or questions about the roleplay!

Or simply just come here and befriend one another!​

Last edited:
@Justsomeguy @Boo Girlie BoomBoom

Just pinging you both to see if you had known about the OOC being completed and most of the roleplay is completed.
Yep I read back through the interest thread and found the lore and this one, following all of them so I don't miss any more. At the moment I'm just kinda trying to figure out my character while also debating on a modified trigger idea I had. Not sure if it'd work.

Also for backstory purposes, do all agents in a squad have to be the same rank? @happydeath

Just to elaborate on the rank thing, in the original canon to be A rank you basically must have a team and become an "A rank team".

There's a whole separate leaderboard system for individual rankings, someone who ranks very high solo can still be in a B rank team, it's common for people in B rank teams to be individually stronger than some people in A rank teams, but team rank is a lot more about synergy and teamwork than just slapping the strongest people together.

Just to elaborate on the rank thing, in the original canon to be A rank you basically must have a team and become an "A rank team".

There's a whole separate leaderboard system for individual rankings, someone who ranks very high solo can still be in a B rank team, it's common for people in B rank teams to be individually stronger than some people in A rank teams, but team rank is a lot more about synergy and teamwork than just slapping the strongest people together.
Can someone who individually is only B-rank be on an A-rank team? Just trying to justify having a modified trigger without actually having any A-rank strength, but if not I can just use something normal lol.

Can someone who individually is only B-rank be on an A-rank team? Just trying to justify having a modified trigger without actually having any A-rank strength, but if not I can just use something normal lol.

Yes they can. In the anime, Tachikawa Unit has a extremely weak member on their team. Takeru Yuiga. From what Izumi said, he matches rather poorly with even B-ranks during ranked battles. He's kinda like the Osamu of their team except he is slightly better than Osamu during the time of his introduction due to the virtue of having more experience than him.

Last edited:
Reactions: Justsomeguy

Yes they can. In the anime, Tachikawa Unit has a extremely weak member on their team. Takeru Yuiga. From what Izumi said, he matches rather poorly with even B-ranks during ranked battles. He's kinda like the Osamu of their team except he is slightly better than Osamu during the time of his introduction due to the virtue of having more experience than him.
Oh thanks, I'm not even sure I've seen that in the anime yet, the name doesn't sound familiar. Certainly useful info though.

Only A ranks can request to modify their triggers, but sometimes new prototype triggers can become open to anyone's use too if they been around for long enough, and "A-rank strength" is a pretty vague thing in this world anyways because it focuses a lot on strategy as opposed to raw strength.

Only A ranks can request to modify their triggers, but sometimes new prototype triggers can become open to anyone's use too if they been around for long enough, and "A-rank strength" is a pretty vague thing in this world anyways because it focuses a lot on strategy as opposed to raw strength.
I was kinda thinking something along the lines of him having had one of the A-ranks in his team put in the request for him or something. And yeah I just meant like he simply doesn't have that kind of skill and such on his own.

I was kinda thinking something along the lines of him having had one of the A-ranks in his team put in the request for him or something. And yeah I just meant like he simply doesn't have that kind of skill and such on his own.

"A rank skill" and "B rank skill" levels are very different from being actually in A rank and B rank, if he is/was in an A rank team then he is officially considered A rank regardless of his solo ranking. Essentially, A rank is always a team effort, not every person in an A rank team needs to be on that skill level, if they perform a specific role in that team and contribute then there's no reason to not consider them A rank even if they are weaker solo.

Almost every upper B rank team has an agent considered their team ace who's on par with A ranks, similarly the A rank teams often have members that are not as strong as their ace but is still valuable. WT has a very meticulous ranking system so don't think that A rank is something super OP, in the original the top 3-4 B rank teams are basically on par with A rank teams.

"A rank skill" and "B rank skill" levels are very different from being actually in A rank and B rank, if he is/was in an A rank team then he is officially considered A rank regardless of his solo ranking. Essentially, A rank is always a team effort, not every person in an A rank team needs to be on that skill level, if they perform a specific role in that team and contribute then there's no reason to not consider them A rank even if they are weaker solo.

Almost every upper B rank team has an agent considered their team ace who's on par with A ranks, similarly the A rank teams often have members that are not as strong as their ace but is still valuable. WT has a very meticulous ranking system so don't think that A rank is something super OP, in the original the top 3-4 B rank teams are basically on par with A rank teams.
Okay so basically what you're saying is that regardless of his personal ability, as long as he coordinated with his team well and such then he was in fact a perfectly justified A-rank at the time. And so commissioning a modified trigger from Border engineers is completely legitimate, meaning he wouldn't have had to use any alternate channels like I suggested in my last reply. Is that about right?

Also, assuming that second part is true, can one carry a legitimately obtained modified trigger down to B-rank after leaving the A-ranked team? Or must it be given up?

Sorry I keep needing things explained lol, I've only gotten into World Trigger fairly recently so at the moment I've got about half the anime + the wiki to draw off of.

Okay so basically what you're saying is that regardless of his personal ability, as long as he coordinated with his team well and such then he was in fact a perfectly justified A-rank at the time. And so commissioning a modified trigger from Border engineers is completely legitimate, meaning he wouldn't have had to use any alternate channels like I suggested in my last reply. Is that about right?

Also, assuming that second part is true, can one carry a legitimately obtained modified trigger down to B-rank after leaving the A-ranked team? Or must it be given up?

Sorry I keep needing things explained lol, I've only gotten into World Trigger fairly recently so at the moment I've got about half the anime + the wiki to draw off of.

Yep, there are no "solo A rankers" as of now, as long as he is/was in a team, participated and contributed to rank battles with said team, if the team becomes A rank he'll be considered A rank as well. So yes he could modify triggers by being in an A rank team.

Sometimes B ranks can also do minor modifications, so there doesn't seem to be a restriction on that.

Yep, there are no "solo A rankers" as of now, as long as he is/was in a team, participated and contributed to rank battles with said team, if the team becomes A rank he'll be considered A rank as well. So yes he could modify triggers by being in an A rank team.

Sometimes B ranks can also do minor modifications, so there doesn't seem to be a restriction on that.
Alright, I'll keep all that in mind. I feel like this is all probably super basic knowledge that I should have down by this point but uh, yeah.

As for the trigger, I'm assuming that means there's nothing that states he couldn't keep one he modified while he was A-rank even when moving back down to B-rank, and so it shouldn't be an issue?

Alright, I'll keep all that in mind. I feel like this is all probably super basic knowledge that I should have down by this point but uh, yeah.

As for the trigger, I'm assuming that means there's nothing that states he couldn't keep one he modified while he was A-rank even when moving back down to B-rank, and so it shouldn't be an issue?

There's nothing official that mentions it couldn't since there isn't a lot of examples of demotions like that, but seeing that even B rank agents can modify their triggers occasionally I think it's normal for them to retain their custom ones, especially if they're helpful and the user is accustomed to it.

...heck my character is basically doing that > >

Reactions: Justsomeguy

There's nothing official that mentions it couldn't since there isn't a lot of examples of demotions like that, but seeing that even B rank agents can modify their triggers occasionally I think it's normal for them to retain their custom ones, especially if they're helpful and the user is accustomed to it.

...heck my character is basically doing that > >
Okay cool, thanks for the help. I'll try to get my character up and posted before too long so I don't hold up the rp.

@Boo Girlie BoomBoom

Just pinging you both to see if you had known about the OOC being completed and most of the roleplay is completed.
Yeeeeeah soooooo... Boo is in waaaaaay in over her head on this one. Looking over the charries and the past convo up there^ and like little if at all makes sense to me and something tells me that's not a good sign. :[

Wanted to support ya bruh and jump in this RP but yeeeeeah... Boo gotsta drop out. Sorry to hold err'body up but good luck with RP!!^^!!