A New Nation

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Sol carefully rolled up the kid's pant leg up so he didn't irritate the skin. some of the skin was pink, like a sunburn. If they had aloe, Sol would be applying it so the pain would leave faster. He studied around the ankle carefully. It was pretty bad, being that was probably the most exposed space. It was an extreme pink, almost red. It would definitely need medical attention. But for now, the best he could do was wrap it, and that would irritate it further. If he could find ice, he'd hold it there, but that was another thing he didn't have. He heard the silent snores of the kid, and smiled somewhat. He wouldn't be in too much pain during the part that would cause the most movement. He sighed, and untied the toasted shoelaces and removed the kid's shoe. Sol saw that the bottoms were slightly melted from the fire, but they had protected his feet from bad burning. They were better than the ankle. Sol sighed in relief because of that. But now he had to treat the burns. He had no ice or aloe or any burn treatment of any sort. And he was tired and injured too.
He ran back up the stairs and got an old, soft, cushioned footstool and came back. He needed to elevate the burned area, so he carefully angled the kid's legs on it. He rubbed his shoulder once again. He found that it had started hurting more. He took his shirt off and turned to look at his shoulder. He couldn't see a portion of it, so he went upstairs to find a mirror.
He found one, which was shattered from the top right, but still could be used. He spent a second and looked at himself. He had spent so many years on the run, he had gotten seriously fit. In the world he previously lived in, they were obsessed with their looks and would want to look like him. Now, the only reason that people liked his looks was because he looked strong. He shook his head, then checked his injury out in the mirror. it mostly had stopped bleeding, as he anticipated. he took a bit of the gauze and wrapped his shoulder in it, then placed a bandage around it to hold it in place. He moved his shoulder a bit, then his head and cracked his neck, which had become stiff. He rubbed the back of his head, then went back to the stairs. He sat down leaned his back and head against the door again.
Staring at the ceiling, he thought about what he should do. He should go out to get more supplies, in which he may have to go a few miles, but the kid needed it. But he decided it wasn't right to leave while he was asleep. and he needed to rest too. He had been on the move for the past day and a half. So he too slowly drifted into unconsciousness.

He woke a few hours later, and seeing the kid was there and had not tried to run off, was actually glad. He leaned his head against the door again, but this time he heard noises on the other side. His immediate thought was that it was a gang. If they found him, he was probably dead and the kid was almost definitely dead since he was injured. He leaned forward and stood up carefully. He walked to the kid, and with his good arm, gently tapped his shoulder.
"Hey kid, we have to move up. You can get on my back if you need to. We can rest then." He said, grabbing the kid's shoes and holding an arm out. The gang most likely wouldn't go past the first floor in a tall building. They would have to go to the room above the antique shop which was probably a home. If he was right that most antique shops were home run, then the would be okay. But they still needed supplies.

"Mm.. Wha..?" He mumbled, eyes flickering open slowly. He looked up at the older male with a frown. He couldn't remember where he was, or why he was here. Suddenly he keeled over, clutching his head in his hands, scrunching his face up with a hiss, as pain flooded through his body, settling mainly in his head and right ankle. "Ah, crap..." He murmured quietly, rocking back and forth slowly on the step. He continued this for about a minute, as he waited for his body to adjust to the pain, at least somewhat, anyway.

Tears pricked the corner of his eyes as he straightened up again, taking the mans arm and pulling himself to his feet. He had to lean heavily on the other, or else he felt he would topple over, thus hurting himself more.

"Where are we going?" He asked, voice barely over a whisper. That's when he heard the sounds outside, and something in his mind clicked. Ah, that was probably it... Yhere were people outside. Great.

Sol patted the kid's back. This kid was pretty strong. It reminded him of someone, a strong someone who made him smile. He could see the kid would be okay for a while, but if they didn't do something within the next week the damage would be worse.
He pointed to the ceiling. His adrenaline rushed slightly at the thought of another roof. "Up. If you need help I can."

((As a heads up for anyone who wants to join, you can be one of the people outside of the door or something. I really didn't have any plans for them. :3 ))

"O-okay.." He mumbled, turning round to crawl up the stairs, gripping onto the one above him and pulling himself up, grunting quietly. He didn't quite want to stand up, for fear of falling down the stairs. "What do we do when we get there?" He asked, turning his body slightly so he could see the other man.

Sol grabbed his jacket and the footrest. He walked silently stair by stair beside the kid, ready if he needed immediate help or if the people outside came in.
"Well, probably find hiding spots. I bet there is a lot. In a building like this there should be. And I will probably check over the building for supplies and see if anyone else is here, though I doubt it. I'll do it when I know the people outside are gone." He rubbed his shoulder quickly so the kid probably didn't see.
"So I didn't catch your name while watching. I'm Sol." He said honestly, because none of that mattered. The kid knew he was watching him at one point, and he needed to respond if he needed help so an alias wouldn't work.

"Jack." He answered, as he pulled himself up the final step. He sat up and looked about the room. "So then, uh... Sol. Where we gonna hide..?" He asked, looking backwards towards him. The pain had dulled somewhat now that he was ignoring it, but it still hurt everytime he moved. Ah well, nothing he could do to help that right now.

"Ah. Anyway, you are pretty small and could fit in here." Sol leaned on a chest. It had a tin front that had holes punctured through it in a flowery design. It was probably a blanket chest in a previous life, but it now only had one soft mat at the bottom. It was three feet and a half tall, five foot wide, and two and a half feet thick. "I could probably fit... under the main desk. I saw an opening at the bottom of it that is a foot tall but pretty wide, so I could roll under there with room to spare." He set the stool out of sight and walked to the desk. He ducked under for a few seconds and came up nodding. He walked back and lifted the top of the chest off without touching the top' s Dusty surface, sitting It on the floor. Then, he slid the metal side upwards so it came out of the chest, leaving it with three other sides.
"If you feel comfortable, you can go in and lay down. I'm pretty sure they won't check in here." He said, offering a hand. He started noticing the kid's pain. "And one of the first things we will look for is some sort of pain reliever.

He nodded his head and made his way over to where he was supposed to be hiding, pushing himself inside and curling up, closing his eyes a little. "It's actually.. Not too bad in here.." He admitted, a slight smile playing on his lips. "Painkillers? The hell are we gonna find them.." He muttered, knitting his eyebrows together in a frown.

Sol shrugged. "You never know. I found an unscavenged building the other week. Found some pretty cool weapons and stuff. I was attacked later though. But I'm still here. Sadly all that crap is gone. But from what I can tell, this building has another floor. We just have to find the opening. How much do you want to bet no one's been up there?" He asked with a smirk. He was naturally good with things like floor plans and old buildings and how they work. Being they were in an antique shop, he was willing to say it was home-ran.
"And no worries about your exit. The top of it us easily lifted. There is only light reading and a bowl of fake fruit on it. Easy to throw off. I have to roll out of my spot. I can grab people's ankles though. Trip 'em maybe?" He rambled, replacing the metal sheet.
"And breathing will be no problem. Do you need anything before I cover you back up?" He said, hoisting the lid up off the ground.

((I may not respond past 6: 30. Travelling to a friends house to roast marshmallows :3 dunno if there is wifi there.))

He listened intently, the conversation taking his mind off all the other things going on. When the older male had finished talkig he let off a shrug. "Nah, I think I'm alright at the moment... The sooner this is done the better though, eh?" He said, resting his head on his hands. He just hoped they could get the needed medication soon. He didn't know how long he could last like this. Sometimes the pain was worse, and at others it was bearable. If he was distracted it wasn't so bad. Until he did something that would send the hurt parading through his body again. Why did he have to go in that shop... He knew it was a bad idea. None of this would've happened if he had listened to the voice in his head. God, he was an idiot.

(Sorry for the late reply, for some reason I haven't been recieving all my alerts to say there has been a reply. ._. )

((Mine hasn't been accurate either xp soooo.. Yeah. I'm in tons of rp's so I guess mistakes CAN be made. Anyway, I got dis.)

Sol smiled, and picked up a stuffed animal that was laying on the ground. It was a purple koala bear. He dropped it in, "to keep you company." He said with a grin. Then he placed the lid back on the box, keeping the kid in for his safety. Then a loud noise resounded from the outside and what sounded like a scream echoed through the roads of the town. It freaked out sol and his adrenaline rushed.
"OH DEar gOd." He said panicked, then ran across the room, vaulted over the counter, then threw himself to the ground and rolled under the counter. His main goal night now was to slow his breathing to be mostly silent. So he forced it to slow down. He took deep, slow breaths and maintained his composure. Then he was so quiet, you would think he was dead.

He rolled his eyes, letting off a soft chuckle as the toy was dropped in with him, landing just above his head. He did a quick little finger wave as the other shut him in, leaving him in almost complete darkness. His body jolted as he heard that sound, then the scream, the peircing noise seeming to peirce right through his body. He reached up and grabbed the Koala. He'd planned on completely ignoring the cuddly toy, but.... He gripped it tightly to his chest, closing his eyes tightly, biting back the whimper that was trying to force its way up. He was trying his hardest to stay quiet. But it was hard. His body was shaking and he was freakig out. Probably should've mentioned before that he hated cramped spaces... But oh well. It was too late for that now.