A New Civilization (Zombie-Apocalypse Roleplay)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!

Would you enjoy a Modern Era or Sci-Fi? If Other, message me with your thoughts!

• Modern

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Sci-Fi

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tyche

Original poster
zombieapocready-521191.jpeg

apocalypse |əˈpäkəˌlips| noun
1 (often the Apocalypse) the complete final destruction of the world, esp. as described in the biblical book of Revelation.
(the Apocalypse) (esp. in the Vulgate Bible) the book of Revelation.
2 an event involving destruction or damage on an awesome or catastrophic scale: a [BCOLOR=transparent]stock market[BCOLOR=transparent][/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR] apocalypse | an era of ecological apocalypse.
ORIGIN
Old English, via Old French and ecclesiastical Latin from Greek apokalupsis, from apokaluptein 'uncover, reveal,' from apo- 'un-' + kaluptein 'to cover.'

zombie |ˈzämbē| noun
1 a corpse said to be revived by witchcraft, esp. in certain African and Caribbean religions.
• informal a person who is or appears lifeless, apathetic, or completely unresponsive to their surroundings.
• a computer controlled by another person without the owner's knowledge and used for sending spam or other illegal or illicit activities.

DERIVATIVES
zombielike |-ˌlīk | adjective
ORIGIN
Early 19th cent.: of West African origin; compare with Kikongo zumbi 'fetish.'

cooltext115631003452512.png

So, this is sort of like one of those typical Zombie Apocalypse ideas that doesn't have a real plot, except it's not. If you've come this far-- after reading the definitions that make up this entire role-play (wow)-- and are incredibly interested/invested, then read ahead through these bullet points for more:

• First off, if you get bit, you change. It's as simple as that. Approximate time between dying and changing isn't quite accurate, but I'm going to say at least five minutes. Say your goodbyes, cry a little, hug a little, and then get on with the dying will ya?
  • Now, here comes the bits of pieces that will shape this role-play into something more than the typical shoot-kill-die zombie role-plays I have seen. Some people are immune to this virus, but not immune enough to where they will never change. The virus does infect you, but some of what makes it a virus will become dormant. Depending on your DNA, the virus will decide on it's own what parts of itself it will put to sleep. This sort of choice will ultimately be decided by the roll of the die that comes with each post. I will come up with more details on that later, but ultimately, if you die, there is a possibility you can continue to live like you once did with some minor altercations.
  • Unfortunately, animals are not infected the same way. Instead, they become raging beasts that should probably be put down. Just saying.
  • There are Factions that have certain beliefs regarding the types of zombies that come into the world. Some are hell-bent on destroying them all, some only want some to stay in the line of the living. It all depends, but there will be plenty of Factions to choose from.
  • This may be an apocalypse, but there is still a pretty steady government that upholds the law, even if it may have become slightly corrupted. There will be more decisions on this later.
  • Whether this is Modern or more in the Future, I have not decided. This may become a poll you all can vote on. There are going to be some slightly different plot points depending on what Era we decide on.
  • In all, this role-play is sort of a sandbox role-play. We create the characters and the virus and the era and the location. I want this to have a plot, but first we should establish stories that will coincide and move towards the plot together.
  • There is more, but I am going to break this up into neat little areas.

cooltext115631033031143.png

Alright, here is some random ideas on the virus itself. I did click the prefix, which states "Group RP Plotting" so I am willing to listen to more suggestions, but in the end my word goes. I also may be willing to take on a CO-GM because I can't be on every day, but I will worry about that later. On with the virus! The virus can be broken up into six distinct parts.

1. The first part is Death. This is what shuts down your organs, stops your blood from flowing, gives you that dead-look, and etc.. This is the part that ultimately stops your from aging because hell, you're dead. If this part of the virus is what goes dormant then you are blessed with the vibrancy of a real-life human, but you continue to age and whither away.

2. The second part is Hunger. This is what creates that undying hunger for flesh, blood, and everything in between. You literally want to eat anything and if you try and eat anything you once loved (chips, beef jerky) you get ill. The delicacy of human skin and bones is what's going on.

3. The third part is Speech. This is what ceases you from forming coherent sentences, phrases, and etc.. You no longer can speak with the rest of the world and yet you aren't mute. Anything that comes out of your mouth is just a bunch of gobbedly-gook that nobody understands nor pays attention to.

4. The fourth part is... Under Construction

5. The fifth part is... Under Construction

6. The sixth part is... Under Construction

As you can see, I have only fleshed out the main three parts of being a zombie, but I would like some help with the other three. It can be anything really, but if you have an idea make sure it is something plausible and on the spectrum of zombification. So nothing that grants anyone the ability to fly or something. I would also like the sixth part of the virus to be something very LARGE. It's the part of the virus that just ultimately sucks about being a zombie. I was also thinking the fourth part would be Motor Skills, but that can be up for debate.

That is mostly it for this one. If you have read this far, I love you, please feel free to comment if you are interested, if you have ideas regarding the plot/virus or both. If you would like to message me privately about something then please feel free.[/hr][/hr][/hr]

Last edited by a moderator:
This seems interesting. I'd be interested if you were to make one.

Status
Not open for further replies.