A Game Of Thrones: DANCE WITH DRAGONS IC

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

KoolaidKing

Original poster
Ilkanah stood on the battlements of Castle Zaerasz, looking out over the village, the river, and the dunes beyond. As the sun set, a red light was cast upon the village and the sands. The peasants were coming in from the fields, but seemed content enough. Though the villagers had to work hard, they still had a good life, and a kind lord. As the sun sank below the horizon, the air steadily cooled, but still Ilkanah did not turn away, or enter inside to the warmth of the hearth. The minutes dragged on, and on, until finally a servant implored him to return, as his mother, Jade, was worried about him. With a sigh, Ilkanah entered inside, to find his mother wringing her hands. "Did you see any ravens? Or any messengers?" His mother asked, tears in her eyes. Sadly, Ilkanah shook his head. His brother had been gone for a long time, too long. Jarvis had decided he wanted to visit all the lands, and see the wonders of Westeros. However, that had been two years ago, and last they had heard from Jarvis, he had been in the Stormlands, on his way home.
Finally, Ilkanah decided to confess to his mother what had been burdening his mind. "Mother, I know what you're going to say, but..... I want to leave. I have to try and find Jarvis, plus, I can get work as a mercenary or something. I have the skills. In the meantime, I'll look for Jarvis." "No! You can't go! I can't lose my only remaining son..." "I have to go mother, we'll NEVER know if someone doesn't look for him. You can't stop me." Realizing that she couldn't prevent her son, Jade sighed. "Fine.... but take some guards, and some of the peasants with you. For protection." "Of course, Mother. Now where's Father?" After seeking out his father, Ilkanah proposed his idea. After a long bout of arguing, his father finally shouted to 'Fine! Go leave me heirless! I'll just give the lands to the master servant!' Angered by his father, Ilkanah stormed out. Furious, he retrieved his armor, and commanded his personal guards. "Get your things. We're leaving. And get some others." As the guards scrambled to get their belongings, he sent for 4 peasants to accompany him as well. As soon as all were ready, they left, with supplies from the storehouse, and gold from the treasury. Then they were gone into the night, a party of 17 men, all but 4 equipped for battle. "My lord, do you not think that this is a bad idea? Your brother is missing, what do you think will happen if you go missing too? Hiram, his senior guard, and therefore his second in command, spoke. "If something happens to me, then my father will do just as he said. He'll give the estate and title to the Master Servant."

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.