A Call for Action

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kiscokids123

Original poster
iStock_000013364998XSmall-duncan1890.jpg
[drop]T[/drop]he city of London is not what it once was. Masked in a thick sheet of black smoke, the inhabitants scurry like rats going about their business in damp, dark crevices in the city's walls. The government's hold on its people has dwindled down to almost nothing, with independent, radical leaders taking up the slack and dividing London into factions and territories. Honest, hardworking citizens are taken advantage of and exploited by those with looser morals. In short, the once golden, glistening city of tomorrow now sits and rots, waiting for a revolution.

Hello all, thank you for taking interest in this RP! A few words on this RP...

• This is a very participant-driven RP. The essential plot is simple, to allow creative wiggle room: it's a futuristic, victorian London setting, where crime is rampant and the future is uncertain. It has the feel of Charles Dickens, but there is the option to have futuristic technology (think the Fifth Element of perhaps Steampunk?).
  • The main goal of the characters is to revolt against the growing evil in society and work to build a better city. This could include vigilantes like Batman, or a full-on French Revolution, whatever the participants decide. But, the majority of character arcs, subplots, and even the main plot are up to the participants to create, so be up for thinking on the fly.
  • Characters can be on either side of the 'war/revolution,' either loving crime or justice. All I ask is that they try to be mindful of the other participants and not be too over-the-top -- without checking with the group first -- which reminds me...
  • You do not have to discuss your ideas with the rest of the group. While it may be helpful to converse and discuss how and when characters should meet, remember that this is a form of improv and the only rule to improv is to Never Say No! Sometimes a twist or unexpected situation can create some of the best storytelling out there, so if you're going to join this story, be courageous!
  • Please try not to OP the story or create characters that are too 'perfect or Mary or Gary Stu.' Not only does it ruin the challenge of creating a realistic story with challenges and flaws, but it makes writing collaboratively difficult and more of a chore than something fun and creative.

I am very excited to be writing with anyone willing to read the pink text above, fill out the quick sign-up sheet, and have fun with the uncertainty of it all! Anyone is allowed to join our little story, and I encourage all points-of-view, since that's what makes stories so intriguing. And now, without further ado...

iStock_000012454212XSmall-duncan1890.jpg

CHARACTER SHEET
Name:

Family History/Tree:
Backstory:

Crime or Justice:
Social and Economic Class:
Relationships:

Other:

Status
Not open for further replies.