A Blast from the Past: The Early 2000s

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!

Ardent

your blood on my teeth
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Not accepting invites at this time
Posting Speed
  1. Multiple posts per week
  2. 1-3 posts per week
  3. One post per week
  4. Slow As Molasses
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Horror, Dark Fantasy, Modern
I'm assuming that most folks here remember the early 2000s. If you're one of those people, this is the place to reminisce... and feel old as a bonus. God, how time flies.

There was a lot going on between 2000-2010 but what makes me feel the MOST nostalgic is the music. Featuring...

I still love all those emo songs I used to listen to, I won't lie.

What about you guys? What stirs the nostalgia feels in you? It doesn't have to be music-related!

Juicy Couture track suits. Pink and bedazzled Moto Razrs. Von Dutch trucker hats. Pants underneath skirts, for some reason. Big teased scene hair that took half a can of hairspray to finish. Striped arm-warmers. Rawr XD'ing at hotties on myspace.

I could post old music all day, haha.

• Love
Reactions: Absinthe and Ardent
Juicy Couture track suits. Pink and bedazzled Moto Razrs. Von Dutch trucker hats. Pants underneath skirts, for some reason. Big teased scene hair that took half a can of hairspray to finish. Striped arm-warmers. Rawr XD'ing at hotties on myspace.

I could post old music all day, haha.

Do share, because same. I spent the past few days compiling a throwback playlist and playing them on repeat. It's wild how so many of these bands wound up doing pop songs!

Also... yes, the fashion...

hbz-2000s-moments-2005-gettyimages-52384163-1503002703.jpg

...it will not be missed. 😂

Emo & scene hairstyles were iconic though.

The commercials for kids was waaaaaay better back then.

And let's not forget when you were cool for having a sliding Blackberry with keyboard haha

• Love
Reactions: Ardent
Being from the middle of nowhere, and from a religious family, I missed out on most of the emo/pop-punk/scene in the 00s. It didn't stop me from becoming a massive emo in my teens, but...
Video games are of course, the devil, but my parents were impressed by the family friendly titles on Gameboy and Wii, and this dollhouse game that seemed okay to them, and the sports games I played on my friends PS2 were harmless. They were right, it didn't lead me to a debauched life of sex, drugs and rock and roll. It was somewhat closer to WooHoo, Pokemon and punk.

• Love
I definitely miss the music. Katy Perry, Ke$ha, P!nk, Flo Rider. They all give me memories of my school dances, back before when we didn't care about not having dates, and just went as big groups of friends.

And I totally miss the whole scene aesthetically. I was a bit young for the myspace era, but the clothes and hair were everything. It was the first style that I really got obsessed with.

Big agree with Kuno, the commercials were waaaay better. I remember me and a friend memorizing this, and singing it on a road trip lol

• Love
The commercials for kids was waaaaaay better back then.

And let's not forget when you were cool for having a sliding Blackberry with keyboard haha

Oh man, who could forget? I also remember when flip phones were trending at some point. My old Sony Ericsson phone served me well.

Being from the middle of nowhere, and from a religious family, I missed out on most of the emo/pop-punk/scene in the 00s. It didn't stop me from becoming a massive emo in my teens, but...
Video games are of course, the devil, but my parents were impressed by the family friendly titles on Gameboy and Wii, and this dollhouse game that seemed okay to them, and the sports games I played on my friends PS2 were harmless. They were right, it didn't lead me to a debauched life of sex, drugs and rock and roll. It was somewhat closer to WooHoo, Pokemon and punk.

The emo will always find a way.

And these old Sims games are still vastly superior to Sims 4, in my eyes. Hahaha.

I definitely miss the music. Katy Perry, Ke$ha, P!nk, Flo Rider. They all give me memories of my school dances, back before when we didn't care about not having dates, and just went as big groups of friends.

And I totally miss the whole scene aesthetically. I was a bit young for the myspace era, but the clothes and hair were everything. It was the first style that I really got obsessed with.

Big agree with Kuno, the commercials were waaaay better. I remember me and a friend memorizing this, and singing it on a road trip lol

Now that's good advertising! Imagine getting kids to promote your shit for you, for free! 😂

Reactions: MiharuAya