9. Worst medical emergency?

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!

Cat - Wolfspear

A whole lotta cringe
Original poster
DONATING MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. Multiple posts per day
  2. 1-3 posts per day
Writing Levels
  1. Elementary
  2. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
  2. Nonbinary
  3. Transgender
  4. Agender
  5. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Fantasy, Modern
Try to keep it SFW
I've had a few pretty bad ones. I could have died as a kid. The doctors insisted nothing was wrong but a blood analysis person said that all my organs were shutting down.
A second time was when I put my hand on a hot stove as a kid. The read light was pretty.
A third time I spilled a bunch of boiling water on myself. I won't share any pictures here but it was pretty brutal.​

Damn, all of those sound scary!

I have been lucky and fortunate that I've never been seriously injured or grievously sick. Never broke a bone or needed stitches or been hospitalized save for once right after I was first born. I'd have to ask my family as they never really shared the story of what exactly was wrong with me, but it was enough to be in the hospital for a bit.... or I might have been told and then forgot LOL. It was a looong time ago I was told the story.

One of the worse ones a family member was involved with though, was when a trailer fell on my mom's foot and almost severed her toe. That was quite an experience.

When I was about 17 or so, I had a bad enough panic attack to get myself hospitalized. I happened to have a strong energy drink that same day. x__x I avoid energy drinks altogether now.

And when I was a toddler, I cracked my head open. That must have been pretty gnarly. I have no memory of it happening but I do have a scar, and my right eye doesn't open all the way.

Mmm the time I dislocated my knee? It was super painful and stuck in a place that was not where a kneecap goes.

Or my favorite. The not heart attack. Ie no one ever figured out what it was but it woke me up (which if you know me, I have been on legitimately strong meds since I was a teen, and those things make me sleep like the dead), serious chest pain woke me up which is impressive. They never did figure out what it was but luckily it only happened that one time...

I am also quite lucky that I rarely have physical ohnos that are emergency room level.

The first one I was 18 and my appendix was exploding. 8D I was feeling severe pain but it wasnt "normal" like my cramps and I looked up information online and guessed it was prolly my appendix. Then I convinced my mom to take me up to the emergency room and within a couple hours I was in surgery.

And then more recently in 2021 during the year of pure hell, after some major bad things were happening I went into the doc because my feet were swelling up like balloons. And in the process of appointments for that, they ended up sending me straight to the emergency room cause they were certain I was about to have a wholeass stroke. @_@ They kept me in the ER overnight and pumped me full of this stuff to bring my blood pressure down quickly and then I spent a week at home being unable to stand for a few days. (at the same time I was experiencing a severe ulcer, but I didnt *know* it was an ulcer so that sure as hell didnt help XD)

I had cancer when I was around five years old, until seven, I think. They said I was lucky, that it was the easiest cancer a kid could have; took my kidney and that was about it. Had months of chemotherapy, and lost all my hair, funnily enough, I was blonde as a child, but my hair grew back brunette. x.x

I cracked my head open when I was young, too, can't remember the exact age, but my sister tried to teach me how to fly and I cracked my head open in the process. Didn't learn how to fly, either.

My cat attacked me when I was like eleven??? It was entirely my fault, I got too close when he warned me he didn't want me near him, he fully clung to my face like you see in the movies; needed stitches and have a scar beneath my eye, now.

I'm lucky that I have good health and never broken anything either or needed to go to the ER. I did once walk around with an infection at the back of my knee for a week straight because I didn't want to tell anyone it hurt or admit such. The infection obviously grew worse, which was how they eventually found out about it because it started to bleed and I couldn't actually walk straight, even if I did try to do that. Luckily it didn't scar and it was easily treatable, but the doctor definitely asked why it took me so long to find medical help, which is a phrase more doctors repeated over the years for other stuff.

The worst emergency I got to witness was watching someone open a freaking pressure cooker with brute force. The result was that the contents of the pressure cooker spilled all over them melting lava hot.

I went to the ER after having a seizure, and I had a second one in the hospital. Other than that I've only had one hospitalization. I did also drop a rock on my foot as a small child which resulted in a massive gash that I probably should've gone to the hospital but it was beyond my control and didn't happen. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I was sick for a few days but recovered nicely on the fourth day, on the fifth day I figured I'd be back in school on monday, then on the sixth day (saturday) the virus decided to go kamikaze and take me out. I got a hard time breathing and we had to go to the ER. I was let in immediately and got some oxygen to breath through the nose which did the trick. Was there for five hours while they did tests and tried some medications to open up my airways. I was very bored since I hadn't brought anything with me TuT It was before I had a smartphone too so the only game i had was probably snake.