26. Early bird or night owl?

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!

Early bird or night owl?

• Early bird

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Night owl

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Both

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Neither

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters

Cat - Wolfspear

A whole lotta cringe
Original poster
DONATING MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. Multiple posts per day
  2. 1-3 posts per day
Writing Levels
  1. Elementary
  2. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
  2. Nonbinary
  3. Transgender
  4. Agender
  5. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Fantasy, Modern
It's kind of neither for me? I got to bed early and wake up late. Although I'm trying to stay up later, and that seems to be going better than getting up earlier.​

• Love
Reactions: Lyrikai
Somehow, some days, I am a mix of both 🤣
I am pretty good at waking up early (and having a dog that insists on going out to potty before 7am sure helps!), but I also tend to stay up rather late many nights

My natural inclination is night owl. If left to my own devices I will stay up late and push all of my activities to night time, (un)fortunately society pushes me to be a morning bird, because I gotta be at places and go to places and do things during business hours.

Does that fix my bed time? Not. At. All. I still manage to get to bed late even with the dreadful knowledge I have to wake up early. I just can't seem to fall asleep any earlier.

• Creepy
  • Love
Reactions: rissa and Lyrikai
I am very much a night owl. One of the reasons I'll be up late writing RP posts is because that's when I feel the most creative. xD I wish I could do everything at night. Unfortunately, the world operates in the daytime.

I have to say though that it's hugely inconvenient. I am a parent, so I have to find a weird balance for sleep where like...I can stay up late, but not too late. And then make room for a small nap if I didn't sleep enough.

• Love
For some reason I'm tired until the sun goes down. Then it's easier to stay awake. It's unusual for me but maybe it's just how things are going right now.

• Love
night owl for sure. No matter how early I sleep, I'll be miserable if I have to wake up early in the morning lol — I am a light sleeper though so I'm very good at waking up on time!!

On the other hand regardless of how little sleep I had previously it's very easy for me to stay awake at night (this is a problem). Almost my entire family stays up until at least 2 AM and I am worse because I usually cannot sleep before 3:30 AM at best lol.

• Love
my "normal" sleep cycle is from like 9pm to 4am

Early bird out of necessity, but naturally a night owl

But I guess my insomnia makes me both a night owl and an early bird

I've always naturally been a night owl. However, I tend to feel better and more fulfilled when I'm up during the day vs. the night.

Night owl, maybe? My sleep cycle tends to be 1AM-9AM then 10AM-11AM, and sometimes 12PM-1PM. Sometimes there's an extra hour or two added onto either the main sleep or the naps too. I used to be a true night owl as a teen (i.e. bed at 7AM and up at 4PM) so my current adult sleep cycle doesn't feel night owl-ish to me. I don't feel fulfilled with any sleep cycle though so I'd say I'm neither, but I'm more creative and productive at night.

I am an early bird. I tend to rise with the sun so I'm usually up at about 630am ish. Sleeping in is like 8am for me lol. Which means I'm usually asleep some time around 9-10pm.

Of course I went and had to go and marry a night owl! He loves to stay up late and sleep in. So we find it hard to find time to spend alone because he's either sleepy in the morning or I'm the one sleepy at night. What can you do? Eh. It is what it is.

• Love
Reactions: PaulaVonMalotki
I like to get up early to start the day. I feel doing so helps me accomplish more. Sometimes I can to bed late or earlier just depends on how I feel.