Queen of Konafaces
- Invitation Status
- Posting Speed
- One post per day, 1-3 posts per week, One post per week
- Writing Levels
- Intermediate, Adept, Advanced
- Preferred Character Gender
- No Preferences
- Urban Fantasy, High Fantasy, Epic Quest, Sci-Fi, Time Travel and World Hopping, Steampunk, Action/Adventure, Modern Drama, Mystery, Slice of Life, Romance, and many more.
Especially in a one X one, and extra especially in a romantic one X one, it's important to have scenes and even small story arcs where the main characters are separated. This not only lets you develop your characters as individuals, but it opens up opportunities that are impossible to explore if they're always together! Below, please find 20 story prompts for spending time apart:
- "Why have you been avoiding me?"
- "I haven't seen you in forever; I have so much to tell you!"
- "I made a new friend, I think you'd get along so why don't the three of us have dinner?"
- "I found a new restaurant/hobby/entertainment venue we should do together!"
- "My family vacation was great, they all want to meet you by the way"
- "I haven't seen you in an age and now you show up on my door looking like death walking and begging me to hide you wtf?"
- "I wanted to see you so bad but being near me would have put you in danger"
- "A distance relationship is scary but of course we gotta try. I can drive out on long weekends to see you!"
- "I always look forward to your letters/parcels"
- "I'm trapped in this alternate universe and when I dream it's always of you and I think I'm seeing glimpses of your life? I guess I'll ask when my dimension portal is done."
- "What? No, I'm totally not jealous that you spent all weekend with this gorgeous and talented person that I've never met before." *cobtinues obsessively searching for this person's flaws*
- "My parent/sibling/friend doesn't think I should spend time with you and keeps manipulating so that I can't see you: we're going to have to get sneaky about this."
- "What do you mean you've been in the hospital??"
- "You were out of contact all weekend and now you show up with a world-class hangover and a mysterious new tattoo? Time to backtrack."
- "Yes I saw my ex yesterday. I'm sorry I didn't tell you but I knew you'd get mad even though I swear I'm totally over them!"
- "They keep rescheduling on me and I'm sure it actually is just work being taxing but I can't help feeling shafted anyway"
- "My friends kidnapped me to Vegas, see you in a week!!"
- "I thought you stood me up so I left you a really angry message but now you're texting from the police station/hospital and omg please don't check your voicemail!"
- "I thought you had gone missing but I'm beginning to wonder if you were transfigured into that stray cat/dog that's been hanging around cause it looks/acts weirdly like you and you DO have a habit of pissing off magicians..."
- "Honestly I've been so buried in my new hobby I didn't even notice how long it's been since I saw you! .... Did you just hang up on me?"