17. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10? 15?

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!

Cat - Wolfspear

A whole lotta cringe
Original poster
DONATING MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. Multiple posts per day
  2. 1-3 posts per day
Writing Levels
  1. Elementary
  2. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
  2. Nonbinary
  3. Transgender
  4. Agender
  5. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Fantasy, Modern
Honestly, I don't know. My life is both chaotic and stagnant at the same time. I mean, my dream is that I will have written a few successful books and comics, but considering how little motivation I have to work on stuff like that it's hard to say that I'll accomplish it.​

dead, hopefully
uH i mean

alive, somehwat successful and by that i literally just mean not living paycheck to paycheck anymore and having a sizable savings once again

Hopefully with my mortgage already half paid off, but let's go with the baseline here and hope I can get a mortgage to buy a house with at all. I have the financial plans and all ready, the banks just need to stop fussing.

I also hope to have written a book by then. Released or not, I just want a draft down.

Maybe I will finally make my parents proud and bring someone home.

• Creepy
Reactions: rissa
Lol... I don't even know where I am in 5days from now....

and I kind of like it that way

I gotta admit, those types of questions stress me out. 😂 I get hella anxiety trying to think of the future.

But in 5 years, hm... I'll be in my late 30s and my son will be freakin 15 years old. I hope by then I'm thriving instead of just surviving. We'll probably/hopefully have moved by then, too. We wanted to be in a better, comfier location within the next couple years.

Reactions: PaulaVonMalotki
Honestly.... I rarely think about the near or distant future.
I also get very stressed out when I start thinking about the future or if I am forced to think about or decide on the future.

I can hope I'm in a much more stable position financially than I am now and maaaaybe with a nice house somewhere.......... and a lot of dogs and a beautiful garden!!!

Five years? I used to have an answer for this that impressed somebody in a job interview, but that enthusiasm has gone on to a much better place. I'm old, tired, and struggling to hold onto my ideals and my partner in a country that's doing everything in its power to make survival as difficult and tumultuous as possible. You'd think escaping social obligations would mean things'd be more quiet, but 'quiet' also means there's time not being spent on chasing after dreams.

I'm hoping that I've yet to burn out completely, and have succeeded in creating a game or two by then. Three, hopefully. Maybe enough to reliably escape the corporate grind and just do the self-grind.

Jacked like the Hulk with ten kitties, zero kids, and a published novel

Manifesting 🙏

I wanna still be here roleplaying 😂 But with less bills. 🤔

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Fyrra