❜ 11月の雨 ✿ mono

M

monopoisoner

Original poster

曖昧劣情LOVER

this is where i test things and all that crap. honestly speaking i don't know what im doing anymore i'm so used to doing all of this on my parsing program and not in a forum post. /cries. you're free to use my shit as reference but please don't steal. : ( that just makes me really sad and v upset.

Last edited by a moderator:
rip code

Welcome to Endgame, a 1x1 roleplay between @Bastion and @monopoisoner. Please don't post unless you were given express permission by the two mentioned.

This story follows the journey of a group of individuals who play in a new sport called ENDGAME. ENDGAME is a virtual death match between players wherein participants and their weapons are equipped with sensors that calculate damage given or taken. Once a player's HP bar turns zero, they are considered "dead" and brought out of the battle arena. With a focus on teamwork and physical abilities, the game has an extremely competitive side with paid-for viewership and tournaments, making it one of the most lucrative sports in recent decades.

Whether our team flops or wins, their foray into this high-stakes world is sure to be an exciting one.

endgame.png
1c.png

rose.jpg

ROSALIA NEUE

NICKNAME: ROSE xxx AGE: TWENTY-FOUR xxxxxxxxxx

Rose is a woman who struggles to keep to herself. Whenever there's a newcomer to the group, she's the one to ask about their history, make them comfortable and ease them into the team's dynamics. While most find her henpecking endearing, there are still times when she does get annoying. Still, everyone knows she means welll and is simply looking out for the team in her own way.

Despite her maternal nature, her passion for the game and her sense of pride in her team is very real. If you cross either, she's actually the first to challenge the enemy into a round of ENDGAME. This has brought the team towards many unexpected battles and more losses than one would expect simply due to unpreparedness. She apologizes for her actions, but never does Rose ever feel truly sorry for wanting to defend her surrogate family.

xx WEAPON: SNIPER RIFLE xxx TRAINED IN HAND-TO-HAND

Her seemingly low KDA makes her seem more like a supporting figure than an actual competitive player, but those that have witnessed her games or played against her are well aware of the truth. She's queen of first blood for a reason. With her aim steady and true, she'll take out at least one priority target before she's found by the enemy team. This is often enough to help her team gain the advantage, even if it is a bit sacrificial.

bea0b9
CS BY MONOPOISONER FOR ENDGAME x ART BY XINO

毒占欲

icon.png

Iyells

てのひらワンダーランド
And thus begins this game of love
1.jpg

Yuuki spends 75% of his time whining on the internet about his life. The remaining 25% is divided between basic needs and actions, with a noticeable lack of social events. He often bitterly jokes about his non-existent friends, but makes no move to find them. He lives alone in a tiny but comfortable compartapartment and spends most of his money on technology.
x x x #HE'S A MESS #PRAY4YUUKI

dawn and firefly

Yuuki has always struggled to get his words across to others. Whether it was due to shyness, lack of tact or simple misunderstanding, he never got along easily with his peers. He loathes this side of him and wishes he could change it, but an old friend of his once taught him it's alright to accept his own differences and find people who could accept his admittedly difficult personality. When that friend was present, he felt fine and could continue on with his life without hitch.

Unfortunately, life could never be that smooth and the statement proved itself true when Yuuki failed the entrance exams to the university he always wanted to go to. Bitter disappointment in himself turned into depression, and he lashed out at everyone, whether friend or family. His most trusted confidante only had so much patience before they finally had enough of his antics. It took him three years before he finally sought real help.

Now that he's regained a foothold of normalcy, he's gained a much more self-depreciating sense of humor and a silliness he openly expresses on the internet. He enjoys making people laugh, and he's thankful that hasn't changed. He's still awkward at expressing himself though, which is why he's going through some very unusual lengths to reconnect with the friend he once held so dear.
x x x #HISTORY #YSOTRAGIC

[o]
© MONOPOISONER | © CODE MONOPOISONER | HEARTLINES
[/o]

Reactions: Sir Basil

夜もすがら君想ふ
@konbini-p

SuRnhrm.png

Ryuuji Kita. Male. Twenty-four (24). I get lost easily and have only had one girlfriend in my entire life. 誰か助けてください

© MONOPOISONER
© MONOPOISONER CHUNMI
RP: IN REAL LIFE (IRL)

iSR9U3e.png
Seven years as an active #vocaloid producer. Holy shit.

POSTED APRIL 04

iSR9U3e.png
After a very long delay, I'm going to study again. My parents agreed to pay for my uni fees, but I'll be paying my own housing/food/basic amenities with what I've saved up. #backtoschool What major?

POSTED JANUARY 10

cbzTsGb.png
Freeter life isn't that bad. I'm used to not being in a relationship. #singlelife5ever

POSTED BY @AKATSUKI JANUARY 06

iSR9U3e.png
My brother just blocked me on chunmi wwwwwwww

POSTED DECEMBER 29

iSR9U3e.png
I'm on my sixth year as a #vocaloid producer and only two of my 11 songs have broken 100k views. #rip

POSTED DECEMBER 23

iSR9U3e.png
Just bought #IA Let's see how well she works!

WNFPjhK.jpg

POSTED NOVEMBER 15

ZcmUL74.png
I hope I lent a little of my magic to @konbini-p's Darkness Disease. A good song with an incredibly powerful message. It's a bit old, but better late than never, right? #excuses

Please give it a listen and lend him your support! I'm sure he'll appreciate it. #nm198327 http://mugekano.com/nm198327

mBOFOdd.jpg

POSTED BY @_MIDNIGHTSPELL AUGUST 03

f0767b
iSR9U3e.png
!!! @_midnightspell (*゚◯゚*) #isthisreal

POSTED AUGUST 03

iSR9U3e.png
2M views and it's still going up... thank you guys. I didn't expect it to gain that many. #whatisthis

POSTED APRIL 22

iSR9U3e.png
Holy shit it's been a year since I last touched this.

POSTED APRIL 22

iSR9U3e.png
I only need to pass the finals and attend class at least three times a week to graduate from high school, right?

POSTED FEBRUARY 17

iSR9U3e.png
I uploaded a song called 「Darkness Disease」#nm456784 @ mugekano. Please take care of me again this year. #happynewyear http://mugekano.com/nm456784

7MKXmXN.jpg

POSTED JANUARY 02

iSR9U3e.png
Ah, looks like I didn't pass ETU. #asexpected What a #christmas gift to me. Ronin or work?

POSTED DECEMBER 30

iSR9U3e.png
I wish you'd told me why. Good night, @spaceDEV. Let's meet again someday.

z2uOnfE.jpg

POSTED NOVEMBER 24

iSR9U3e.png
The funeral service for Onoda Tomoharu will be held at 5pm at the Onoda house. Message me any further questions on my phone number.

POSTED NOVEMBER 18

iSR9U3e.png
Taking the entrance exam for ETU with Tomo. Any advice?
【・ヘ・?】 Senpai?

POSTED OCTOBER 02

25VbD5b.png
Promoting @konbini-p's #vocaloid song, 「MIRROR」#nm293454. I played the sexy bass for that. (♡ˊ͈ ॢ꒳ ॢˋ͈)♪ Enjoy! http://mugekano.com/nm456784

lM0JsXT.jpg

POSTED BY @SPACEDEV SEPTEMBER 09

iSR9U3e.png
End of summer, and I'm single again. ੨( ・᷄ ︵・᷅ )シ Tbh, considering what happened that night, I'm surprised she didn't dump me out of sheer embarassment. #ohwell Music and @spaceDEV are my true loves after all.

POSTED AUGUST 03

25VbD5b.png
Report @konbini-p for getting a girlfriend earlier than me. ಥ_ಥ Go die. I'm spending summer alone this year. I hope you flunk your finals. (╬ Ò ‸ Ó)

POSTED BY @SPACEDEV JULY 01

Reactions: Sir Basil
1st year - buy luka (january), chocolate episode(feb), girlfriend (august), release MIRROR (september), tomoharu's death (november), flunks ETU,
2nd year - darkness disease is released (january), graduates from hs (march)
3rd year - absent from chunmi
4th year - back (april), comment about darkness disease popularity (april)
5th year - mayonaka covers darkness disease (august), ryuuji replies (august)
6th year - buys IA (november), complaint about lack of views (december)
7th year - back to school (january), 7 years as a producer (april)

Reactions: IceQueen
[fieldbox="DISCLAIMER"]The following was taken from D3V1L'5 TEST THREAD to help them figure out some coding.[/fieldbox]

[bg=#131313]
p0G4hRY.gif

[/bg]

[bg=#131313]
now accessing first m i d d l e ↯↯ last name goes here
[/bg]

[bg=#131313]
A G E
age goes here

S E X U A L I T Y
sexual orientation goes here

O C C U P A T I O N
occupation goes here

minimum of 1 paragraph, describe your character's appearance. do they have any distinct scars, piercings, tattoos, birthmarks, etc? how tall are they? do they have any health problems? feel free to hotlink examples of their appearance here.

A U G M E N T A T I O N
does your character have any form of augmentation? cybernetics? robotics? technological implants? for each augmentation, write out a brief description of its function.

S K I L L S
a general list of combat and passive skills your character has. feel free to briefly describe them.

W E A P O N S
a general list of weapons your character carries with them.

a general list of bio, general, and personality information about your character goes here. 10-15 pieces of information is required.
  • listing example
  • listing example
  • listing example
  • listing example
  • listing example
  • listing example
  • listing example
  • listing example
  • listing example
  • listing example
O T H E R
anything else?
[/bg]

name 年齢
ff2f9b

小澤 隼人

gender 性別
ff2f9b

MALE

age 年齢
ff2f9b

19歳

birthdate 誕生日
ff2f9b

8月13日

random note:
there is no actual japanese word for gender afaik. only seibatsu, which is actually distinction by sex. but it's also understood as gender depending on context so yells aggressively

qkjehqke

qjkhekqhe

qjkehkqhe

qjkehkqhe

1.jpg

Name: Laarni Himig
Rank: Petty Officer 3rd Class (Originally from the Navy rather than army)
Nationality: Liwanag - An archipelago with close ties to neighboring countries and an extremely conservative culture due to religious influences. The northern (and largest) island has since fallen, but the southern provinces have managed to stave off invading forces due to natural terrain advantages and the assistance of its allies. The country's economy is one based around agriculture, craft and trade.
Appearance: Due to Liwanag's stance about body augmentations and improvements, Laarni appears to be largely human save for giant headphones around her head. It's still not unusual for her to hold an old-fashioned gun, as much her cybernetics are only meant to improve existing bodily functions, not add new features to it. As far as her figure goes, she's proud to say there was no augmentation done to create that look.

History:
Laarni grew up largely unconcerned with the rest of the world, only knowing about the monsters from news clips on television. Though her heart went out for them, it was all so far removed from her reality it never really left an impact on her life. They might as well not exist for the young girl, and for most of the population on Basilan, that was true.

But peace is never meant to last, and her picture-perfect road to adulthood was disrupted when refugees from the north came to their little island. This was when the world's reality came crashing down. Her own relatives - cousins she played with as a kid - came to their house with crystals on their arms and legs, telling her of the horrors of war. Guilt from the years of living her life with blinders on caught up with her, and she resolved to apply for the navy, with most of the battles against the invaders at sea.

Unfortunately, she was the first to understand that she was ill-suited to be on the forefront of war. Laarni accepted an education based around language and translation, acting as an armed liaison between Liwanag and its allies. At that time, her country was still vehemently against cybernetics as a whole, saying it was a crime against god to change what he created. As more of Liwanag was lost to the monsters, and more of their neighbors pressured them to accept the technology, eventually they gave... with a lot of reluctance.

The young woman volunteered as one of their more "elite" tests, citing her experience of interacting with foreign militaries and familiarity with their tech as her selling point. They bought it. However, Liwanag's facilities and technology, as well as their principles regarding augmentation, limited their cybernetics. Everything except for the changes to her spinal cord is very standard of any cyborg soldier. For Laarni, this was fine, as she was able to appear non-threatening to their allies even if her combat abilities were lacking versus others of her kind.

Despite the fact that she was now trained in cyborg-specific battle, much of the diplomat in Laarni hasn't changed. She's still an extremely amiable entity, with a playfully flirty attitude to those within her team, regardless of gender. However, she keeps firm ethics and carefully distinguishes between times where more serious behavior is called for. A sense of competitiveness keeps her in top shape, but she's not one to desire more than what she can do. Her country's beliefs have left a lasting impression on her. While she won't openly criticize or judge someone who's fully embraced their cybernetic side, Laarni continues to feel many reservations on the matter.

Gear:
Much of Laarni's gear is standard for any augmented human (improved limbs, eyesight and hearing), save for a few adjustments that make her a member of the "elite" team. Most of these are sensitive and internal, making her body somewhat fragile and delicate when it comes to changes and improvements.

First is her spinal cord, Liwanag's pride and joy when it comes to cybernetics. Many have tried to improve what connects the brain to the rest of the body, often with disastrous results. For Laarni, it has improved her flexibility to the point an olympic gymnast would feel envy and heightened her own reflexes as the nerves themselves were changed to accommodate a faster relay time.

Next is her lungs... or rather, somewhere along her respiratory track that has enabled her to breathe indefinitely underwater. They've yet to test it on other things (such as poison gas), but many call it a step in the right direction.

And lastly, the headphones, courtesy of Front Line Heavy Industries. Her headphones further improve her hearing capabilities, while also recording what she sees and hears and relaying the information to the command center if possible.

They say the last angel died when the demons claimed their first victim.

Dwelling in the dark, hidden from human eyes, they slowly invaded our society while stalking their prey - us. As people blamed each other for the piling bodies, they only grew in number. Children did not dwell and play outside, families rarely left their homes. No one was sure if they were next.

The cities were the first to fall, their dense populations a cesspool of sin and a breeding ground for demons. Next were the suburbs, where crimes untold hid behind a curtain of calm. Corruption, fear, and desperation slowly ate away at them. Where there were people, eventually there would be demons.

The government failed to sustain hope. Many abandoned ship to retreat and save themselves, only leading their people into further despair. Some sought solace in death, with mass suicides being an almost daily occurrence as the years went by. They'd rather face eternal sleep than meet the terrors that kept them awake.

In these uncertain times, many turned to the church. The Morovian Faith's stalwart presence and steadfast support became the anchor for people to keep fighting, to keep living. Their places of faith became areas of refuge, regardless of belief. While other religions opened their own doors, it was Morovians whose resources felt seemingly endless. They vowed that God would find a way to help them, they only had to prove they were worth it.

With their united enemy, kingdoms broke down their borders, and alliances formed where blood was once shed. Combined efforts lead to further understanding of these demons, and subsequently, ways to defend themselves against them. Killing them wasn't possible, but they could incapacitate them enough for people to flee and recuperate.

Though these methods were not foolproof, it allowed people to congregate safely and gave them room to breathe and think. Technology improved, their defenses grew stronger, and mankind survived, albeit in little domes of life not unlike terrariums. At the heart of those biodomes was the Morovian Faith, spearheading them into a brighter future.

Edmund Pope was a daring man. Some called him foolhardy, others outrageous, but it's undeniable he was brilliant at what he did. Few others dared venture past the walls of their respective biodomes, but Edmund did it with great gusto - though not alone of course. He didn't have that great a death wish.

His courageous forays into the outside world put him ahead of the competition, willingly risking his life to learn more about the threats that many tried to pretend didn't exist. More than curiosity, his altruistic soul wanted to help others. This pure-hearted motivation was why he's said to be handpicked by God to become the first living Angel in centuries.

To Edmund, it was yet another regular expedition to the outside world. Dangerous, yes, but thrilling in its own way. Excavating the ruins of levelled cities - their gravesites, in particular - always unearthed a new clue and a step closer to giving them a piece of the puzzle that made up their enemy.

Finding skeletons? That was normal. Finding dead bodies? A bit on the stranger side, but still within the realms of possibility. But a perfectly preserved body with angel wings? Now that was the discovery of the century.

His little excited jig would be cut short by the arrival of a demon, where Edmund would discover his latent God-given talents as an Angel. With his sleeping brethren at his feet and a substance which he would later dub 'Halo', the first of many demons was slain.

God finally found them worthy.

With Edmund Pope's discovery and his own revelations, humankind began its fight to take back the world. It continued with the discovery of other Angels, followed by harvesting 'Halos', a metal symbiote reactive only to them. Many surrendered their lives as they pushed their limits, tested their strengths and fought with everything they had.

Their sacrifices still bear fruit today, in the form of the Angel Program which grooms young Angels into heroes that defend mankind. The Program aims to instruct the youth on usage of their powers with the guidance of older Angels, and to minimize casualties incurred in their war with the demons.

The Morovian Faith became stronger, with science unable to explain what set apart an Angel from a regular human. Edmund Pope professed a Morovian belief - many others followed suit when he proved his abilities true. The religion's presence became the strongest in the world. Any government should be approved by them, lest they face the wrath of the people.

As the Angels brought back confidence into the world, people grew complacent in their need to maintain peace. Biodomes grew more independent; a protect yourself mentality became more prevalent. There were even skirmishes between Angels themselves, hostilities coming forth as one accused the other's Biodome of being selfish.

These petty arguments were quickly put to an end as news of a wiped Angel Squad spread across the world. An investigation team was sent and they too disappeared before they even reached the destination point. Unease forced them to seek harmony, their once invulnerable heroes taken out without a single trace left behind.

Their worst nightmare came to life when Macroura fell under the attack of a demon horde stronger than anything before. It took a fleet of Angels and several casualties to finally clear Macroura of demons, but it only proved one thing.

If they didn't find the source and eliminate it, they would all soon fall.

They go by many names. Shinigami, Azrail, Ankou, the Grim Reaper, just to name a few. Their stories and appearances vary, but in reality they're all the same: Death Gods. Those who keep the veil between life and death, guide souls in their afterlife march and tend to vengeful spirits wreaking havoc on the mortal plane. Their job is often long, arduous, and a little bit lonely, with endless days and too long nights. They fulfil their task until the day they recover their last memory, finally able to move on and join other souls into the next step of the journey.

For some, this task is but a blink, moving on within a couple of days and bidding their fellow death gods good bye. But for the unlucky ones, this process can span hundreds of years, each memory but a grain of sand in an hourglass. This is why they've bound them together; helping each other locate fragments of themselves, and hopefully giving them a chance to finally rest. For eventually, each one must come to terms with their life before they can move to the next step in death.

death god's appearance
how humans perceive death gods is highly dependent on the individual. usually, it's the form of a deceased loved one, like their mother or a lover.
death gods themselves are usually stuck at an age during a major event in their life. this is why most of them are typically around the early 20's to late 40's mark, but outliers aren't all that uncommon either

can humans see death gods
a human in tune with spirits and the like may be able to feel them, but direct communication is not possible.
humans can only see death gods when they're about to die. for a gradual or slow death, the earliest is around an hour. for sudden deaths, it could be as brief as a fraction of a second.

ghosts
both ghosts and death gods have regrets which keep them from moving on. it's not impossible for a ghost to become a death god once exorcised, or a death god turning into a ghost, unable to to accept the memories they were learning.
the main difference between them is that ghosts stay in the corporeal plane, unwilling to let go of life. death gods, meanwhile, frequently have regrets that make them run away from life.
ghosts are ranked in terms of threat level and how much control they have in the corporeal plane
D-C: have little sway in the physical world, usually only require a brief exorcism
C-B: have some ability in the physical world, usually requires some combat before exorcism
B-A: plenty of control in the physical world, definitely requires a coordinated team before exorcism
A-S: a ghost that threatens to rip the veil between the two worlds.

how one becomes a death god
the most common cause of death amongst them is suicide, as it's the direct act of running away from life. however, one can have lived a full 80+ years, yet still become a death god if certain regrets cling to them even after death. the main purpose of being a death god is to come to terms with one's self and accepting everything, both good and bad, that happened whilst one was still alive.
some examples of regrets that may turn one into a death god:
* giving up on living when confronted with a terminal illness

exorcism
exorcism is often tied to one's original faith when alive, or at least, the one they believed in. if one is an atheist or agnostic, they are forced to rely on someone else to do final rites.

soul weapon

• Love
Reactions: Soli and rissa
goodbye
Welcome to memento mori, a roleplay run by mono and soli. Based around the concept of death gods, it takes on a darker slice of life atmosphere.

even death has a heart
MARKUS ZUSAK, THE BOOK THIEF

what if life doesn't really end after death?
what do you have to do to finally rest?
First, we define what exactly is a death god.

death
[deth]
the act of dying; the end of life; the total and permanent cessation of all the vital functions of an organism

god
[god]
a supreme being according to some particular conception

death god
[deth-god]
a supreme being that oversees the cessation of life

They go by many names. Shinigami, Azrail, Ankou, the Grim Reaper, just to name a few. Their stories and appearances vary, but in reality they're all the same: Death Gods. Those who keep the veil between life and death, guide souls in their afterlife march and tend to vengeful spirits wreaking havoc on the mortal plane. Their job is often long, arduous, and a little bit lonely, with endless days and too long nights. They fulfil their task until the day they recover their last memory, finally able to move on and join other souls into the next step of the journey.

For some, this task is but a blink, moving on within a couple of days and bidding their fellow death gods good bye. But for the unlucky ones, this process can span hundreds of years, each memory but a grain of sand in an hourglass. This is why they've bound them together; helping each other locate fragments of themselves, and hopefully giving them a chance to finally rest. For eventually, each one must come to terms with their life before they can move to the next step in death.
© CODE MONOPOISONER | © MEMENTO MORI MONO & SOLI | © ART SUOU

goodbye
Welcome to memento mori, a roleplay run by mono and soli. Based around the concept of death gods, it takes on a darker slice of life atmosphere.

even death has a heart
MARKUS ZUSAK, THE BOOK THIEF

what if life doesn't really end after death?
what do you have to do to finally rest?
Hello and welcome to Memento Mori's interest check! From the introduction above, one can surmise that we'll be playing death gods. The main focus of the roleplay will be character development, with some action thrown in in the form of high-threat ghosts.

Our characters will carry heavy regrets that stop them from moving on to the next life. Unlike ghosts whose regrets tie them to the corporeal world, death gods' regrets make them want to leave life behind. As such, a frequent cause of death amongst them is suicide, but one can have lived a full life yet still become a death god. The theme of the story will be accepting one's self, faults and all.

There is one key thing to note about this roleplay: it requires heavy ooc plotting and collaboration with the GM's. Why? For one thing, the roleplay itself doesn't have much of an over-arching plot. We go on a character arc basis, wherein we slowly discover the truth about each character's pasts. The interesting thing? Only the GM's will know the full story of everyones characters. Otherwise, you'll only know your own. It's encouraged to keep secretive, unless you'd like to submit characters whose pasts are tied together. When it's your character's arc, then you are temporarily a GM and we will happily help you weave in your tale.

We're looking for people who will give us a strong character and a good case of #feels. I expect many of the stories we get to hit home. Understandably, our subject matter is heavy and there are certain lines we'd prefer not to cross unless you can submit to us a powerful narrative. We expect maturity in handling it. And I (mono), am someone who tells it to you as it is. I am not afraid to reject someone, and neither should you shy away from criticism. I won't bite, but do not expect me to sugarcoat my statements.

With all that said, I'm looking for a group of around 5-7 people, Soli and me not included. Our cap is more based around roleplayers than characters. Take note that just because you expressed interest here doesn't mean it guarantees you a spot; if and when the OOC goes up, you'll still be required to submit an application. Sorry, but this is the kind of story that requires strong writers!

Please feel free to ask questions to clarify anything after reading through the above information. We hope to see you around!

index

what does being a death god mean?
what's the line between being a ghost and a death god?
when does it finally end?
*appearance
How humans perceive death gods varies from person to person, with the most common being deceased loved ones. Culture and religious beliefs play major parts, so some may see a deity or figures like the hooded Grim Reaper.

The true appearance of death gods is completely human. It's based on a major event in their life rather than their age at death, which is why many death gods are around early 20's to late 40's where many of life's important stages occur.
*ghosts
There is a very fine line between ghosts and death gods. Ghosts can become death gods after being exorcised, whilst death gods can become ghosts if they're unable to accept the memories that will eventually plague them.

The main difference between the two is that ghosts continue to cling to life, while death gods run away from it.
*exorcism
Methods of exorcism vary between each death god, but they are all firmly rooted in existing religions. The paradigm they believed in while they were alive often translates to what they'll use to exorcise ghosts. This is less about their god "rewarding" their faith, and more about how it's easier to access their spiritual energy when they have a "path" to follow.

Agnostics and atheists possess weaker exorcism abilities, but can learn. However, most opt to go for a more soul weapon-based specialty rather than half-hearted purification abilities.
*origins
The true origins of death gods continues to be a mystery that will likely remain unsolved for the rest of eternity. However, it's quite easy to tell if one will become a death god. Suicide almost guarantees the fact, but any sort of regret that makes you run away from truly accepting life can qualify you for the job.
*communication
While humans sensitive to spiritual energy and the like can feel a death god's presence, it's impossible for the two to ever converse. Death gods hold no power in the mortal realm.

Humans only really see death gods when nearing death themselves. The earliest they can start seeing them is around an hour before they die. It's perfectly possible to never even see them.

All death gods have the ability to telepathically communicate with each other in addition to speaking normally. Much like a modern day chat program, they can turn on or off the mental link at anytime, and "mute" people if they want to. It's a painless, almost automatic process to connect with others like this, and it is unaffected by distance.
*ranks
Ghosts are assessed and ranked based on threat level and amount of power they have over the mortal plane.

D-C: have little sway in the physical world, usually only require a brief exorcism
C-B: have some ability in the physical world, usually requires some combat before exorcism
B-A: plenty of control in the physical world, definitely requires a coordinated team before exorcism

Death gods possess varying strengths as well, so higher level death gods may be able to handle low-level B's on their own.
*soul weapon
The term "weapon" is a bit of a misnomer, as they don't often take on the shape a lethal object. More frequently, they're items of some significance to the death god during their life. A librarian might use sheets of paper, a zookeeper a tiger; there's no real limit to them. The size of one's soul weapon is no indicator of strength.

Most of the time, these 'weapons' are used to separate souls from living bodies during their time of death. However, they are sometimes used to subdue more unruly ghosts to ready them for exorcism.

topmain.jpg
Welcome to MEMENTO MORI, a roleplay run by mono and soli. Please take note that the roleplay was constructed WITHOUT MOBILE VIEW in mind. It should still be mostly readable, but ideally viewed from a desktop. We hope you enjoy your stay.

*appearance
How humans perceive death gods varies from person to person, with the most common being deceased loved ones. Culture and religious beliefs play major parts, so some may see a deity or figures like the hooded Grim Reaper.

The true appearance of death gods is completely human. It's based on a major event in their life rather than their age at death, which is why many death gods are around early 20's to late 40's where many of life's important stages occur.
*ghosts
There is a very fine line between ghosts and death gods. Ghosts can become death gods after being exorcised, whilst death gods can become ghosts if they're unable to accept the memories that will eventually plague them.

The main difference between the two is that ghosts continue to cling to life, while death gods run away from it.
*exorcism
Methods of exorcism vary between each death god, but they are all firmly rooted in existing religions. The paradigm they believed in while they were alive often translates to what they'll use to exorcise ghosts. This is less about their god "rewarding" their faith, and more about how it's easier to access their spiritual energy when they have a "path" to follow.

Agnostics and atheists possess weaker exorcism abilities, but can learn. However, most opt to go for a more soul weapon-based specialty rather than half-hearted purification abilities.
*origins
The true origins of death gods continues to be a mystery that will likely remain unsolved for the rest of eternity. However, it's quite easy to tell if one will become a death god. Suicide almost guarantees the fact, but any sort of regret that makes you run away from truly accepting life can qualify you for the job.
*communication
While humans sensitive to spiritual energy and the like can feel a death god's presence, it's impossible for the two to ever converse. Death gods hold no power in the mortal realm.

Humans only really see death gods when nearing death themselves. The earliest they can start seeing them is around an hour before they die. It's perfectly possible to never even see them.

All death gods have the ability to telepathically communicate with each other in addition to speaking normally. Much like a modern day chat program, they can turn on or off the mental link at anytime, and "mute" people if they want to. It's a painless, almost automatic process to connect with others like this, and it is unaffected by distance.
*ranks
Ghosts are assessed and ranked based on threat level and amount of power they have over the mortal plane.

Death gods possess varying strengths as well, so higher level death gods may be able to handle low-level B's on their own.
*soul weapon
The term "weapon" is a bit of a misnomer, as they don't often take on the shape a lethal object. More frequently, they're items of some significance to the death god during their life. A librarian might use sheets of paper, a zookeeper a tiger; there's no real limit to them. The size of one's soul weapon is no indicator of strength.

Most of the time, these 'weapons' are used to separate souls from living bodies during their time of death. However, they are sometimes used to subdue more unruly ghosts to ready them for exorcism.