1. Bad habits?

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!

Cat - Wolfspear

A whole lotta cringe
Original poster
DONATING MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. Multiple posts per day
  2. 1-3 posts per day
Writing Levels
  1. Elementary
  2. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
  2. Nonbinary
  3. Transgender
  4. Agender
  5. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Fantasy, Modern
My Wolfspear, you've gone from talking on the discord to posting a thread today. Busy bee you have been. XD
You may be wondering why there's a number. Why, I'm attempting the 30 topics in 30 days challenge! Wish me luck!

The first topic is: Bad habits. What is your worst habit?
Mine is picking the skin around my nails and on my face. Gross, I know. It's an anxiety thing, probably.​

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Fluffy
Oh, where do I begin...

One lately is: My tendency to think that everyone is annoyed by me even when I have evidence otherwise. On a different forum, I posted something, thought everyone would hate it, and when I checked on it, it has a lot of positive reactions, a post I thought, as I said, everyone would dislike or get annoyed by.

Another is a tendency to spiral about things when asking a question could resolve it! But I'm getting better at this one, the only issue is when it's someone I don't know -- it's a lot harder to ask questions about my concerns or worries to people I have no rapport with because...yeah, how will they react?!

It goes on!

Those are some of the emotional ones I guess but a physical one has to be gnawing on my nails and fingertips. Happens when I'm understimulated or nervous or excited or sad or...well, it happens a lot I guess.

my bad habit is forgetting to eat >_> I often dont realize I am hungry until my stomach is eating itself.

One lately is: My tendency to think that everyone is annoyed by me even when I have evidence otherwise. On a different forum, I posted something, thought everyone would hate it, and when I checked on it, it has a lot of positive reactions, a post I thought, as I said, everyone would dislike or get annoyed by.
I totally get this, I got so anxious (and am still anxious) thinking about doing this challenge with all the thoughts of 'are people going to respond' 'are they going to like it' etc etc. You aren't alone ^-^

• Sympathy & Compassion
Reactions: Apparition
my bad habit is forgetting to eat >_> I often dont realize I am hungry until my stomach is eating itself.
I used to be like this. Or I just refused to eat. Now I've gone from that to eating my weight in food half the time. It's a struggle.

I think the worst one has to be my teeth grinding and jaw clenching. ;_____; Anxiety's always giving my teeth a reason to scratch against each other, or I'll do a self-check and realize I'd been clenching my jaw for a long time. I hold in so much stress, I end up grinding my teeth in my sleep too. I'm supposed to wear a mouthguard for it but like many other things, it gets forgotten, LOL.

It's amusing that I forgot that I also forget to eat all the time. Now that I think about, that may be one of my worst because of how badly it can catch up to me and influence everything else going on...

I think the worst one has to be my teeth grinding and jaw clenching. ;_____; Anxiety's always giving my teeth a reason to scratch against each other, or I'll do a self-check and realize I'd been clenching my jaw for a long time. I hold in so much stress, I end up grinding my teeth in my sleep too. I'm supposed to wear a mouthguard for it but like many other things, it gets forgotten, LOL.
I totally forgot this was something I did too! I have TMJ 'cause of it, I think that's why I have TMJ anyway. I forgot about it cause for the past couple years I've been getting botox for it (and migraines). I recommend looking into getting botox treatments and if your insurance will cover them

One of my absolute worst habits is my severe procrastination while simultaneously wanting to do everything.

I will buy a hundred books, a hundred video games, start several projects, stories, rps... just... keep... starting things that I WANT to do... and then...

....never get to them 🤣

And they sit there while I tell myself "I should get around to this" and then do something completely different instead

I pick at my acne. Yes am adult with acne. No I can't stop myself. The other one is checking my work email at home. it makes my general anxiety worse! But if I don't I get anxious anyways! Make it sthap!

- My tendency to obsess over one thing and neglect everything else (including basic needs) in pursuit of that thing... only to burn out and quit
- Immediately checking my phone as soon as I wake up
- Staying up later than I should, knowing that when I have nothing to do I am more prone to impulsivity, like buying shit I don't need at 2am in the morning
- Oh, and an over-reliance on coffee.

Last edited:
  • Sympathy & Compassion
Reactions: Cat - Wolfspear
I pick at my acne. Yes am adult with acne. No I can't stop myself. The other one is checking my work email at home. it makes my general anxiety worse! But if I don't I get anxious anyways! Make it sthap!
//High fives you Ayeee adults with acne!!! Mine has calmed down a lot but I still break out occasionally because #oily skin life #wrinkle free but #I'm shiny af at the end of the day

I'm made up of bad habits. A current bad habit I'm trying to beat is the habit of buying and cooking a lot of food and not eating it.

stares at the tupperware collection in the fridge.

Staying up later than I should,
😭 i blame my insomnia and the need to have "alone" time while my roomies are asleep, but dear god if i could get a decent nights sleep for once in my life i honestly wonder how dif my day to day would be. i just cannae lay in bed tossing and turning for longer than 2 hours it gives me hives and sends me spiraling to places i dont wanna be

//smoking, ill fuckin quit one of these days. i just dont wanna move from one addiction to another

mY PeRfEcTiOnIsM / thinking everything has to be perfect all the time and if i dont give that 150% im an awful person. slowly working thru this in different ways and wow is it a blessing. some days i only have 20% to give-- and thats okay. its okay

//High fives you Ayeee adults with acne!!! Mine has calmed down a lot but I still break out occasionally because #oily skin life #wrinkle free but #I'm shiny af at the end of the day

I'm made up of bad habits. A current bad habit I'm trying to beat is the habit of buying and cooking a lot of food and not eating it.

stares at the tupperware collection in the fridge.
Ah yes, we're both young lookin! I get some big honkers but I've never had BAD acne. I just have it. And then picking at it makes it all worse

Staying up later than I should,
😭 i blame my insomnia and the need to have "alone" time while my roomies are asleep, but dear god if i could get a decent nights sleep for once in my life i honestly wonder how dif my day to day would be. i just cannae lay in bed tossing and turning for longer than 2 hours it gives me hives and sends me spiraling to places i dont wanna be

//smoking, ill fuckin quit one of these days. i just dont wanna move from one addiction to another

mY PeRfEcTiOnIsM / thinking everything has to be perfect all the time and if i dont give that 150% im an awful person. slowly working thru this in different ways and wow is it a blessing. some days i only have 20% to give-- and thats okay. its okay

Ugh. Insomnia is the worst. And I feel you on the perfectionism thing. It's not as bad as it used to be but I still struggle with it sometimes.

I'm a nail biter. I have to keep them painted to avoid doing that. Also, I crack my knuckles too often. It's annoying to others though I enjoy the relief it gives me.