The Saviors

Avira put a hand on his shoulder.
"To us... stars are guidance. Memory. Not.. perhaps not the people, but events." She let her hand fall. "Most of their stories have been lost to our generations, the younger warriors only wanting power.." she suddenly grew quiet. "Anyway. You should rest, Karma.. we have a chance to have a good night's rest." She said before glancing around.

Karma looks at Avira and her belief of what the stars are cause him to smile. She may have different beliefs than him, but in the end, they would never know until they got there. When she says he should sleep, he smiles again, thinking about how she always seems to be right. He turns to Avira, looking at her in the moonlight, lost for words as she seems to glow.
Hey, Avira... I, ah... Thank you... Being captain is hard, and all people ever do is agree with me... It's nice... To hear why you think... I'm...
Karma takes a deep breath, trying to calm himself, as his nerves seem to defy him.
I'm glad that it's you... That it's you here with me, rather than anyone else...
Not knowing what else to say, Karma leans over, being the slightly taller of the two, and plants a quick kiss on Avira's cheek before walking away stiff-legged.

As Karma spoke, her eyes flickered on the horizon. She was curious to what their future held... She looked up at Kama as he said he was glad. She didn't really speak, but she did gasp softly as he kissed her cheek. She stared after him a long moment before walking inside after him. She was a little flushed, sitting on the couch and picking the blanket back up. "Let's get some sleep." She finally said, her voice quiet.

Karma had already fallen asleep, his head hanging awkwardly to the side as he sleeps leaned against the wall without a designated bed or spot on the ground.

Avira stared at him a long moment before softly shaking her head. "Silly.." she said quietly before sitting back, folding the blanket and setting it aside. She closed her eyes, slowly starting to fall asleep again..

Karma continues sleeping, oblivious to his surroundings.

Brad slowly wakes, before remembering the fight and jolting upright, looking around frantically. He tries to rationalize why he is back in his bed, under the sheets in his room, until he sees Martin standing watch.
Sir, you're awake!...
Yes, I could tell, thank you... What happened Martin, did you-
Yes my liege, I hope you don't mind. I gave you bandages, and have been changing them regularly.
Brad nods, self conscious about being in the nude, and while his reaction is hidden by his helmet, Martin smiles.
What is the matter my lord, was it not you who saved my life in equal measure?
Brad rolls his eyes at Martin's exaggeration.
Hardly. All I did was give you a break, it's not my fault that man was obsessed with ruling over hell, I just gave him what he wanted in return for letting the demons... Have him.
Martin sighs, taking off his helmet and letting his shaggy black hair be free from the confines of his helmet.
Still, I am indebted to you in return.
Brad raises himself slightly as Martin takes off his helmet.
Well don't stop, get over here, and hit the lights.
Martin rolls his eyes and blows out the candle and strips his armor before getting in bed, letting his large arm rest on Brad's shoulder.
Be gentle, I'm not better yet...

In the morning, Avira was awoken the moment the older man stepped in the room.
"You're awake." Abram said softly.
She rubbed her eyes, relaxing as she nodded.
"You and your partner must eat. You have a long trip." He said as he walked over and picked the blanket up. Avira looked to Karma as she yawned softly, standing to stretch. Her strength was fully returned, as was the faint sparkle in her eye.

Karma had slumped down to the floor in the night, and though his wounds were minor, they were many. Some time in the night, a few of the wolf's claw marks had split open, and were now scabbed and his waist was practically covered in dried blood, leaving Karma looking as white as sheets.
I guess I should've taken you up on that offer... Heh...

Avira walked over and gently knelt down. She bit her lip as she put a soft hand on her shoulder.. before she could do anything else, Abram grabbed her shoulder.
"Are you sure-"
"Don't touch me." She quickly pulled away, moving to Karma's other side. "They don't look too bad... let's get you cleaned up, okay?" She said quietly. She was thinking.

Karma said something about just needing to eat, but he was in no position to put up any resistance. He made a mental note to be less stupid in the future.

Avira stood and glanced around.
"I need sunroot and water, and some food." She looked to Abram, who nodded.

"I'll see what I can find." He said before he disappeared into the back room.

Avira gently ran her fingers over the wounds. Her fingers glistened, but she knew she wasn't strong enough to heal him alone. "We'll get you patched up." She said softly.

It wasn't but a minute later that Abram returned with a few leather bags, some water, and the warmed soup from the night before.

"Thank you." Avira said as she collected the things. She opened the bags to find sunroot, violets, and waterfoot. "Waterfoot?" She looked to Abram.

"Sunroot with help with the cleaning, violets with the pain.. waterfoot gives strength and balance."

Avira nodded and began crushing the herbs into the water. Using a cloth rag, she gently began to clean the wounds, her eyes flickering up to Karma's to be sure he was okay.

Karma hated being cared for, but he was in no position to complain. As he waited, it was very awkward for him, since the memory of last night was still fresh in his mind. Though the violets numbed the pain, his brain told him ow, which made him say ow, even before the rag had even touched him.

Avira put one hand on his shoulder. "It's okay." She said softly, concern in her eyes. She tried to be gentle, yet thorough. Once it was clean, she examined the wounds gently. "I could..." she muttered to herself.
Abram walked over. "Are you sure?"
Avira looked to him, then to Karma. "I'm going to try to just seal the wounds.. the bruises and such will still be there, I don't have the strength to do it all... but I can seal the cuts, okay?" She said softly, ignoring Abram.

Karma relaxed a bit more as Avira put her hand on his shoulder, but at the very mention of using her powers, Karma gently pushed her away, using the wall to support himself as he stood, though he was unsteady and his breathing was labored.
See, no harm done... Don't worry about me... I'm- urk!
A pang of pain shot through Karma as he tried to straighten himself.
Alright... Alright... It's alright... I'm alright...

Avira immediately reached forwards as he tried to straighten. "Are you sure?... Karma, I want to help.." she said quietly. Abram stepped forwards in case he was needed. Avira's eyes searched Karma's, concern written on her usually calm face.

Karma looks like he wants to say no, that he is fine and that they should go on, but seeing the concern in her eyes made him feel guilty. He begins to falter, making his way over to a chair to make things easier.
I'm supposed to be strong... Strong enough to protect everyone I meet... That includes you, Abram, and even the children... But how can I be strong, knowing that in the end, all I do is hurt myself and make you suffer for it... I... I don't understand...

Avira helped him to the chair.

"Even the strongest warriors have loyal allies and friends to hold them up. The greatest kings did not gain their legacy on their own, though they have the glory. It's the loyal subjects behind them. One may be very strong, but they are stronger in the company of allies." Abram said quietly. He didn't look as concerned, more just careful.

Avira looked up at Karma as Abram finished before looking back down. She was on her knees at Karma's feet, gently examining the injuries and debating how much she could do without losing too much of her own strength.

This is Necropolis's bro speaking. He wantd me too let you know that hes going to be in the hospital for a few days. Sorry! ;>~<

• Thank You
Reactions: Kitten_
(Okay, thanks for the heads up.~ I hope he gets better soon :( )

((Hey, I'm back! Sorry for the delay... Posts will be coming a little slower since I'm not allowed to use my right hand. I'll post soon though! X3 ))

• Love
Reactions: Kitten_