[Samuel x Roman]

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
s a m u e l

Once again there was a stunned silence after Cameron's rant. It seemed like the situation wasn't at all turning out like they wanted. After a solid minute or so the mother suddenly stood and started to pack up their family's things while muttering, "I don't want the boys to be influenced by this kind of bullshit and start think they should just let anyone into this country." what this actually meant was that they didn't have any good arguments and had lost their grounds, but Samuel doubted they would admit that.

"come on kids, we don't want to be here the park is filled with filth" she said and grabbed one of her son's by the arm and started to half drag them of but neither of the boys complained and one of them just turned and said, "I don't wanna be close to people like that anyways," in reference to the two other families.

It was such a clear example of why bigotry didn't die out. Why Racism still existed and why Samuel and Roman still got nast looks from holding hands sometime. Sure, things were getting better but there would always be parents passing their nasty opinions down to their kids.

Gabi looked like she was about to yell something back at them but she very visibly bit her lip to stop herself. They were leaving, and it wasn't like anything they said would change their opinion so it was better to just accept the fact that they managed to get them away somewhat thanks to Cameron's arguing and just let them walk of so they at least wouldn't disturb them anymore.

There was a very tense silence as they all just watched the other family walk away and Samuel didn't let out a relieved breath until they were out of sight, though his heart was still beating at a very uncomfortable rate, "jesus christ," he mumbled, and then a little louder, but still very shaky because the whole situation had been kind of unpleasant for him, "are you guys okay?"

"That was scary," Eden mumbled and crawled onto Samuel's lap to give him a hug. Samuel hugged him back and reached out to run his hand over Harper's hair as well, he was the oldest but he was still a child and had just had to experience such nast things being said about his family and friends.

"Emmie sweetie are you okay?" Gabi asked softly, she was holding Jojo close still, but the youngest girl probably didn't understand what had happened in the way Emmie did. The poor girl's lip was trembling very visibly and she was silently rubbing her eyes to get rid of tears as she shrugged in respons to Gabi.

r o m a n
"Emmie," Cameron said softly, shifting so he was facing his daughter. He put a hand under her chin and tilted her head up so she could see his face properly. "Listen to me. You, and Gabi and Jojo and Sammy and everyone else, are gorgeous and perfect and amazing. Just because you have slightly different skin, that doesn't mean you're any less amazing than anyone else. And I meant what I said — you should be proud of your Egyptian heritage. It makes you unique and part of one of the most intelligent cultures in the whole wide world. Don't forget that, okay?"

Cameron leaned down to give his daughter a kiss on the forehead, then went to Jojo and told her how much he loved her and how beautiful she was. He then kissed her on the cheek, and kissed Gabi on the lips. Then he reached into his inside pocket and pulled out a joint and a lighter, and stood up.

"I'll be back in a moment."

Roman watched him go. Cameron had mentioned he was having a lot of off days recently so he had been taking a smoke with him wherever he went, just in case. Obviously he hadn't had a mental breakdown in that moment but he was absolutely furious so Roman didn't protest him deciding to go and calm down. He went behind some bushes so no one saw him. While he was gone, Roman wiped the tears off the kids' faces and said some reassuring words to his husband. He felt disgusted that something like this had happened.

After a few minutes Cameron came back, looking much calmer but also a little drowsy, and sat down beside his girlfriend. He pulled Emma-Marie into his lap and addressed everyone when he spoke.

"So, we all know that what those mean people said wasn't true, right?"

s a m u e l

Samuel frowned a little when Cameron left to smoke, not for any other reason than the fact that those people had gotten him so angry that he seemed to need it. While he was gone Samuel managed to calm down himself with the help of Roman and the kids, and Gabi put an arm around Emmie until her dad came back and put her in her lap.

All the kids nodded along with Cameron's question. It was good to know they knew, Gabi still reaffirmed it by stating, "Yeah those people were completely wrong, and even if you weren't born here you would have a place in this country, okay? It doesn't matter if you have roots or family in another country, and that goes for all of us," Samuel was glad she said all of us because even if Samuel and Roman's children weren't biologically related to them Samuel considered them to share his own roots, as well as the roots they had with their biological parents if they wanted to connect with them, so even Harper and Letha who to their knowledge were all Australian, whatever you would actually call all Australian really, and shared Samuel's Spanish heritage in his opinion.

"I mean for me and Samuel it's not the first time we've heard things like this, yeah? So we know it isn't really true,"

"Yeah me and dad used to get to hear things like this sometimes since we mostly spoke Spanish with each other, and he'd always tell me they were wrong and that he worked harder than half the people here," Samuel sighed, Stella eyed him almost curiously at that. He refrained from mentioning his father as much as possible with the children around, but they knew of his existence and had seen pictures with him in when visiting their abuela. Though they considered Ollie their grandfather on their Papa's side. "But you kids need to know that too. And you don't even need to prove yourself by being better than anyone to get to be here or anything either. Don't let mean people like that affect you,okay? It's scary being told you don't belong here, but we all do and we have the right to talk our languages because those are a part of us, so don't ever let people discourage you from speaking them, okay?" he was addressing all of the kids, not just his own and Emmie nodded while Stella said a firm,"I'll never let anyone stop me from speaking Spanish I love Spanish," and then added to Emmie, "And I think Arabic is really pretty," which actually brought a small smile on Emma-Marie's lips.

r o m a n
Roman agreed whole-heartedly with Samuel. He firmly believed that people of any and all races had a place in this country. It was an amazing place and they were so fortunate to live here, but the fact remained that unless you were of Aboriginal descent, you had no claim over the land because regardless of where you were from, you had migrant blood. Roman couldn't stand white people like the ones they had just encountered, who thought that they belonged here any more than anyone else. They were just disgusting. And to top it all off, they seemed to actually believe people from other races were lesser than them. It made Roman feel sick.

"I bet those people were just jealous because they don't speak Spanish or Arabic or anything else,"
Harper said, scowling in the general direction the people had left in. Despite everything Roman and Cameron both chuckled a little. God, Roman loved his son and his nerve.

"I wanna learn Arabic too,"
Jojo said sweetly, smiling up at her dad. Cameron beamed and ran a hand over her crop of curly hair. He was such a sweet and affectionate father with his girls.

"Well, then, I'd be more than happy to teach you,"
he said softly. He leaned to the side a little so he could peer at Emma-Marie. "Emmie, ya amar, would you like it if Jojo spoke Arabic as well? That way you can speak Arabic with each other as well." He used an Arabic term of endearment, my moon, meaning my most beautiful. Though Roman knew he used a similar phrase in Spanish when speaking with Jojo and Gabi.

s a m u e l

"Yeah," Emmie said with a sweet smile on her face, "And I can try to learn more Spanish too, I already know a little anyways,"

"We can help teach you too!" Eden suggested just as sweetly which made Emmie smile even brighter.

"Yes I would love that a lot, thank you Edie," she said to the younger boy. She seemed a lot more okay now that the people were gona and she was safe and secure in her daddy's lap. It had to be rough for her to hear things like that and it wouldn't be surprising if it wasn't the first time the poor girl had experienced similar things either, even if it was just nasty glares. Since Samuel knew he got a look or two on occasion for speaking Spanish when he was out with the kids, though sometimes they seemed to just be genuinely curious about their mismatched, but amazingly perfect, family.

Despite everything that had just happened and how jarring and utterly terrible it was it was nice to see that the kids were able to turn it around to something that brought them closer, they had all so very different backgrounds, even Samuel and Gabi who both were Hispanic had roots is vastly different parts of the world, and so did the kids. But that didn't change anything for them it seemed, and was just an opportunity to learn from each other and that was truly amazing.

r o m a n
"Roman, can you please pass me the chips?"

"No."

"Why not?"

"Because when we were sixteen you ate that whole packet of chips by yourself, don't think I've forgotten."

"Oh my God."

Some time after that awful, confronting day in the park, Roman and the other Hemlock-Ortegas had walked around the block to the Johnson household, where they were planning to have a fun game night all together. London, Evan and Allison had moved into the neighbourhood a few years back and Roman loved being so close to his sister and her family. It meant he could just go on a quick walk to their house and hang out with them for a while, which was always fun.

They had set out bowls of snacks and everyone had a big glass that they could fill with whatever drink they fancied. They were seated at the dining room table so all nine of them could fit. Letha, who was a bit too little to play most of the games they had selected by herself, was on Roman's team and seemed to be just as excited to play as everyone else.

"Wait, where's Allison?"

a l l i s o n

Allison usually loved it when her cousins came over. It was one of her favourite things in the world. She was a whole lot older than them, about six years older than Harper, but that didn't matter, they were all sweet and fun and she loved them. She loved her uncles a whole lot as well and them coming over for whatever reason was always a lot of fun. But she hadn't looked forward to today at all because her cousins visiting always meant they'd have something to snack on and Allison had felt really weird about food the past year or so. She still loved it, but it also made her feel ashamed that she did love it, and a lot of the people at dance had decided they didn't like food at all and they were all always on some weird new diet, or at least attempted it, she still saw them with unhealthy snacks all the time, but it made her so unsure of how she was supposed to react to it.

When she heard the Hemlock-Ortegas arrive she stayed in her room, she was always quick to greet them but the thought of it made her feel kind of sick, or maybe it was the fact that she had shared like half a thing of ice cream with her daddy after lunch. She hadn't wanted it at first, but it was their shared favourite and he would have gotten disappointed. She hated disappointing people, it meant she wasn't doing enough to make them happy. And then the ice cream had been really good so she hadn't really stopped herself.

After a while she sighed and stood up from her bed, she couldn't stay there all night, and she knew one thing she could do to maybe make her able to get through the evening. She walked out the room and almost automatically steered her step towards the bathroom. It wasn't the first time she felt the need to do this.

She passed her Daddy in the hallway he was holding a big bottle of chilled down coke that would join the most likely already huge amount of snacks for the little game night, "Oh where ya going? Have you said hello to your uncles and cousin yet?"

"Nah, but I'll be out in a moment," she pointed towards the general direction of the bathroom and simply said, "bathroom," to excuse herself.

She knew that what she was about to do wasn't really healthy behaviour, but neither was stuffing her face full of ice cream after already having a big meal for lunch only to go on to eat a bunch of snacks now. And sure she could skip out on the snacks but every one would question her, it would be joking as it always was in her family, because her uncle and Daddy loved food so whenever someone didn't want food they'd jokingly question it. And she couldn't say she didn't want it because it wasn't healthy because then they'd nag her about how she was beautiful no matter what she ate but of course they said that, they loved her. They'd tell her that even if she looked absolutely terrible.

If she just hadn't eaten a bunch of things earlier it would be fine to eat something now maybe, but the only way to reverse that was to get it all out of her body. So without thinking to much about it she made sure that happened, pushing her fingers down her throat, causing her to throw up into the toilet. It was an unpleasant feeling and she was really healthy normally so up until a couple of months ago she hadn't thrown up in years really.

Once she was done she flushed the toilet. Washed her hands and then sat down on the cool tiles for a moment, she was feeling kind of dizzy and needed a moment before she got out there.

r o m a n
"...Allison?"

Roman had come upstairs to see where his niece was just in time to hear her throw up in the bathroom. That really wasn't the greatest thing to worry about, since people got ill all the time, but he was still a father and still loved Allison with all of his heart so he couldn't help but worry that something was greatly wrong.

He was leaning against the wall beside the door, and he knocked on it a couple of times to let her know he was outside. "Sweetie, it's Uncle Roman, are you alright?" That was a bit of a silly question but it was the only one he could think of to ask.

"I can get you some water if you like? Or something for nausea? Or I can tell your mum if it's a girl thing? I just want to make sure you're okay."

Shit. Allison completely froze up when she heard her uncle knock and ask if she was alright. Hear heart started beating faster, terrified that he'd just know what she had done. It'd be so embarrassing, she didn't ever want anyone to know. She didn't even want her uncle to know she had thrown up at all, because then he was worried and he didn't need to be worried about her.

She took a shaky breath and willed herself to calm down. There was no way Roman actually knew the reason why she had thrown up. So she stood up on shaky legs, unlocked the door and carefully peaked out.

"I dunno I've just felt really sick all day I think I might have eaten something weird," she said sounding really weak because she felt kind of week, but she's feel better later and she wasn't actually sick she would probably be up for game night later, "you don't need to get mum though, I'll be fine"

r o m a n
Roman frowned at his niece, concerned. Of course, there was probably nothing seriously wrong with her -- like she had said, she had probably just eaten something weird that had upset her stomach. But there was something odd about her demeanour. Roman couldn't put his finger on what it was exactly, but he decided not to press the issue, because that could result in her resenting him or not being willing to tell him things in the future. So, he would let her come to him if she had a problem.

"Come here, sweetie,"
he said softly. He laid the back of one hand on her forehead and found that she didn't have a temperature, but her skin was sort of clammy. He sighed, because he wasn't a doctor and couldn't diagnose her with anything, but he hoped with all of his heart she was okay.

He pulled her into a gentle hug, pressing a small kiss to the top of the head. He didn't baby her or be overly affectionate with her as much now, since she was a fifteen-year-old girl and not only was that not really appropriate, but it would also probably make her uncomfortable. But he didn't have a problem with hugging her or giving her fleet kisses every now and then. Nothing Evan or London wouldn't do.

"You can tell me if you have any problems, you know that, right? Anything at all. And if you don't feel comfortable telling me that's fine, you can tell your mum or your dad. We're all here to help you."

a l l I s o n​

The hug was something Allison actually kind of needed. While she felt guilty for worrying her amazing uncle it was nice to know that he was there for her and really wouldn't judge her. She of course couldn't tell him though. And there was no need to. She had everything under control.

"Thank you uncle Roman," she murmured softly, "I know that, don't worry,"

She pulled away from the hug a little and pushed her fingers through her long brown hair, they were still a little shaky, "but I really just think I ate something weird, and I had a bunch of ice cream with Daddy so it probably just didn't mix well," she pulled a half joking grimace and then a smile as she said, "totally worth it for ice cream though. But really I'm fine,"

r o m a n
"Okay, well, I mean it, let me know if there's anything at all I can help you with. I love you."

Roman and his niece went downstairs and soon game night was in full swing. He sat between Allison and Samuel with Letha on his lap, and ate a lot of snacks while they played the games, being the human garbage can that he was. While he snacked he made sure to feed Letha her favourites and they just had a great time in general.

Roman debated telling London and Evan that Allison had been sick, but he eventually decided against it. He didn't want to lose the trust he had with his niece -- if there was really something wrong, if there was some kind of problem none of them knew about, it was up to her to tell them, rather than for them to force it out of her. That would just create distrust and Allison would feel uncomfortable around them.

Though, if he worried something was seriously wrong, he would speak up. Because if anything happened to his niece while he could have prevented it, he would never forgive himself.

m a t t h e w

Soft pink and grey stained the evening sky as what must have been hundreds of birds flew overhead. A gust of wind swept through Adelaide's hair and when she turned to Mei again she saw her through a mess of brown curls. She pushed them out of her face to get a better look at her friend. She was smiling up at the sky, her silky black hair flying like the birds.
'they're pretty,' Adelaide said, the birds, the gentle pink in the cherry blossom trees, the blushing sky, Mei. It was all some of the prettiest things she had ever seen.
'Aren't they?" Mei didn't turn her head, 'I used to come watch the birds all the time when I was little,'

The sound of the keys being pressed on a keyboard slowed down and stopped, the sound of William making sounds at his handheld video game persisted. Matthew let out a small sigh. That last part just didn't feel entirely right, it was something Addie could say but was way too overly sentimental for a character like Mei. He didn't delete the sentence completely though, so he wouldn't lose track of what he was going for.

He turned his gaze to the time, not in the corner of the computer screen but to the watch he kept on his arm. He liked analogue clocks better most of the time. At least when he was writing. Elissa would be home any minute now, he could ask her what she thought then. And they could get dinner started. They liked to cook together when they could. Matthew also liked to cook for her and Will when he had time off like today, but it was Friday so they had decided to take the time to do it together.

Another calm moment passed then finally the front door opened, "That's mummy," he said. With the way he said it people would probably think he wasn't happy his wife was home, but that was just how he tended to talk. He ruffled Will's hair a little as he stood, even if that would disrupt his video game, then he walked out to the hallway to great Elissa.

She looked as gorgeous as she had that morning. Matthew smiled, walked up to her and gave her lips a light peck, "Hey," he added another kiss to her cheek and then stood straight, "I have an Addie and Mei related question I don't want to forget so remind me to ask you after you've told me how your day have been,"

Last edited:
e l i s s a
Elissa Harris-Quinn entered her home quite late that afternoon, having stayed at work for a little while longer than her shift in order to complete some paperwork for a major case she had just closed. She had warned her husband of this before she had left that morning but she still couldn't help but feel bad, because she felt that her work had been consuming all her time lately. Luckily, that case was over, meaning she would be back to her normal routine and she'd be able to spend more time with her beloved family.

Elissa looked stunning in a pastel pink blazer and pencil skirt, with a white blouse underneath and silver heels sheathing her dainty feet. Her hair had been swept up into a simple but classy bun atop her head and her makeup was basic but beautiful. She felt a lot more exhausted than she looked, but she still knew she was gorgeous. Everyone told her — her husband, her family, her friends, her many admirers. But she didn't let that go to her head; Elissa had always maintained that beauty was far from the most important aspect of a woman, and she was no exception to that rule.

She took off her heels at the door and looked up with a big smile on her face as her amazing husband came to greet her. Matthew. A lot of people had questioned her when they had begun to date and even more had raised eyebrows when she had agreed to marry him. She knew a lot of people thought she was too good for him, too attractive and too charismatic, but she couldn't have disagreed more. Not only did she think Matthew was one of the most beautiful men on the planet, but she didn't focus on his flaws at all. Instead, she looked past them and at his many positive qualities — his creativity, his warmth for those he cared for, his fierce passion for what he believed was right. Those were all qualities of the utmost importance to Elissa. And, he was a wonderful husband and a nurturing father.

In short, he was perfect.

Elissa wrapped her arms around Matthew's shoulders and returned his kiss to the lips before responding.
"I'm very excited to hear your Addie and Mei related question. I'll tell you about my day in the kitchen."

On their way to the kitchen Elissa stopped to greet Will, who was totally invested in his video game. She crouched down beside him to give him a big kiss to the cheek. "Hi, sweetie, did you have a nice day?" she asked. She received no response, since Will was so absorbed in his game he seemed to have blocked the rest of the world out, but Elissa didn't mind because he was very sweet and adorable. So, she simply stood up and went to the kitchen with her husband.

As she boiled the kettle she filled him in on her day.
"Brooklyn and I wrapped up that homicide case today, which I'm glad about, because it was terrible and the victim finally got some justice." She an Roman's older brother had been partnered together to prosecute a man who had been accused of stabbing his wife to death, and then dismembering her corpse and disposing of the body in dumpsters all across the city. They had been working on it for months now but fortunately, they had been able to secure a conviction a few weeks ago, and just today the final paperwork had been completed. Elissa turned to Matthew and held her arms out for a hug. "Really, it was absolutely awful. I'm so glad I never have to look at those evidence photos again."

m a t t h e w

Matthew was very happy to hear Elissa's case was all done, Elissa had told him some about it, what she legally could at least since that always was something to keep in mind, and it seemed absolutely awful. He was also just glad she had successfully ended the case as well. No matter how awful a case was it always seemed like an accomplishment to have it done and Matthew was very proud of his lovely wife. He knew her job wasn't an easy one.

When requested Matthew of course pulled his wife into a hug. He wasn't that much of a hugger, and usually when someone he cared for requested one he did it more to be nice rather than because he wanted it, unless something really terrible had happened of course, but when it came to Elissa and Will he always wanted to hug and comfort them, no matter what. Especially when they were upset. Or had had to view terrible crime scene photos for a long duration of time.Matthew didn't enjoy the idea of Elissa seeing terrible things like the photos from this case on a daily basis, but it was her job and he knew she could handle it and to treat her as if she couldn't would be very disrespectful in his opinion. But he was still happy she wouldn't have to look at them anymore and had made sure to hold her extra close when they went to bed for the duration of the case.

"We should do something to celebrate that the case is wrapped, I think we have an unopened bottle of wine for when Will has gone to bed," Matthew said and have his wife a little squeeze before letting her go and prepare for the cooking. He got out some fresh pasta out of the fridge, it certainly wasn't home made, neither of them had time for that, but they sold fresh pasta in the store and Matthew enjoyed getting fresh foods for his family to eat.

"since you won't have to run into the office tomorrow since your case just wrapped?" he asked just to make sure. It would be Saturday, but that didn't mean working weekends wasn't a possibility. Matthew always missed her when she did. He rarely had to work on weekends and he was taking on a loss let lectures at the university he lectured at, and no seminars at all. He could honestly make a good living on his writing at this point, and Elissa's salary was enough in itself for their little family to live comfortably. But he supposed he clinged to the whole teaching thing because his parents liked it, and as much as he didn't like to admit it he still wanted their approval.

e l i s s a
"Nope. I'm all free until Monday," Elissa said happily. She was glad to actually have some free time -- she planned to spend it with her family and make up for the time they had lost together. She'd do something fun with Will and help her husband with his novel. Though she couldn't promise she wouldn't have a little homework to do, she was always getting emails from her firm, but hopefully it wouldn't be too bad.

Elissa got the ingredients for the sauce out, took off her jacket and rolled up her sleeves. She was glamorous, sure, and she always looked a million bucks, but she really wasn't afraid to get her hands dirty. She often did the gardening and had no qualms with playing in the dirt with Will. After all, she had several older brothers. Even a princess had to get down and dirty when she was the only girl in a family of boys.

"So tell me about your Addie and Mei problem,"
Elissa requested as she chopped up some garlic. She loved cooking with Matthew. Honestly, she loved doing anything with Matthew. He could make even the dullest of tasks, like cleaning or driving or finishing off paperwork, fun and exciting, because they could always have fun together. That was part of the reason why she didn't understand her friends calling him emotionless. He had emotion, she had seen it many times, but it always seemed to remain hidden from anyone other than herself.

m a t t h e w

Matthew smiled gently at Elissa when she really did remind him about where he had gotten stuck in his writing. He loved how much she cared about what could seem like something trivial to others. It was just writing, technically it didn't mean anything, but it meant the world to Matthew and it meant everything that Elissa wanted to listen to his problems concerning it.

"Okay, so Addie and Mei are travelling through Mei's home village and Addie is seeing it all for the first time. And I want it to be clear that Mei misses it, but everything I write ends up too sentimental, and even if she misses it she's still Mei and she doesn't want to be tied down to one place,"
Matthew said, talking about his characters almost as if they were real people, his voice held a lot more emotion that it normally did, and so did his facial expression. He smiled at the mention of the two friends travelling and he frowned at the idea of not being sure what to write. It was easier to talk about fictional characters than real people for him, but the main reason he was so expressive, at least compared to his normal self, was because he was talking to Elissa. He never felt like she would judge him and showing his feelings to her rarely felt like a struggle.

He got out the crushed tomatoes they had stored, they had fresh ones as well but it was a little too late to make tomato sauce entirely from scratch. He put the content of the can in the pot along with some crème fraîche, stirred and went on to chop up some fresh basil.

"They are in this cherry blossom valley and Adelaide tells her how pretty things are and Mei says 'aren't they,' I'll show you exactly what it looks like later, but I'm thinking maybe her just saying that would be enough to convey it? I just don't want the readers to miss it because I think it's important for her characterisation, so I'm kind of stuck,"

e l i s s a
Elissa listened attentively to her husband as he told her about the problem he was having with his book. She wasn't the best at creative writing -- it had always been her weakest part of English in school -- but she wasn't bad at it by any means and besides, she was incredibly invested in Matthew's creative process. She adored the story her husband was creating and was more than happy to help out whenever she could.

"Hmm ... maybe you could relate it back to her childhood?"
Elissa suggested as she scraped the garlic into the pot with the rest of the ingredients. She chopped up some more as she spoke. "Like, she could mention some fond memories of being in the valley to Addie as they walk through it? That way the reader gets an idea of what the place actually means to her."

Elissa added the rest of the ingredients to the pot with the sauce, before placing the chopping board into the sink and turning the stove on. She brought a pot to boil, for the pasta, and washed her hands. Then, she turned to Matthew and wrapped her dainty arms around his neck.

"But since, as you said, she's still Mei, you could say something about how even if she stayed there, loving the place, she'd feel caged? Because she wants to be free? I don't know, you're the writer here, but hopefully that helps."

m a t t h e w

Matthew put his hands gently on Elissa's waist and pressed their foreheads together, closing his eyes for a moment as he tried to imagine the scene but with Elissa's suggestion. The mentions of her childhood was what made it kind of sappy but he really liked her other suggestion.

"I really like the caged part, because there are birds in the scene, and they are kind of flying away to symbolize of Mei feels about it, and I think using caged could kind of add to the metaphor?" Matthew mused, "It might be a little obvious maybe but I like it and it's not like my demographic is university level literature students anyways,"

He wrote young adult fantasy, the people reading his books seemed to mainly be around twelve to sixteen, maybe seventeen or eighteen tops. He knew he could write fiction for adults if he wanted to but he didn't. Growing up his only friends had been between the pages of his favourite books, and he wanted to give that feeling to kids that grew up now. Though maybe once he had wrapped up the series he'd write something else just to challenge himself.

"I'll rework it and show you so you can tell me what you think later,"
he said and leaned in to press his lips on hers for a short moment, "Thank you you for helping me out,"

e l i s s a
"Happy to be of service," Elissa said sweetly, pressing another kiss to her husband's lips.

Together they finished dinner, making some garlic bread while the pasta was boiling, and after a short period of time everything was set out on the table. During that time Elissa had changed into a pair of leggings and a loose blue T-shirt, and had let her hair out so it fell in a golden curtain to her waist. As she put the salt and pepper down, she called out to her son, knowing that he would be able to hear.

"Will! Wash your hands and come sit at the table, please!"

"Okay!"
Will called back. She heard him sit his game aside, go to the bathroom, and wash his hands, and soon he emerged into the dining room for dinner. He climbed into his usual seat and Elissa filled his bowl with some pasta and sauce, and placed a slice of garlic bread beside it.

"Would you like some salt and pepper, darling?"
Elissa said to her sweet little boy. A lot of people said she babied her child, but really, she didn't care. She didn't think she would be having any more, which might have been sad to some, but she always had believed she would be content with one child and she didn't really have any desire to have another. So, she would be spoiling her gorgeous son as much as possible.

"Just salt please, Mummy,"
Will said politely, and Elissa complied by shaking some salt onto his meal. Then she went to sit in her usual place, on Will's right with Matthew on his left. As she did, Will turned to his dad. "Daddy, can we get a kitty? My friend James has a kitty."