• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.

@Afterlife
@BarrenThin @Crow @Yun Lee @MetalNova @Archmage Jeremiah

As the woman lead them through that hole in the wall, they could already feel a chilling breeze coming from the mountain they were so close to... One that grew stronger and stronger the closer they drew to it.

From afar, they could faintly see some sort of cave near the top... However, it seemed that there was a strong wind blowing against them, one that appeared to prevent them from progressing any further.

This caused the woman that was leading them to stop, rubbing her chin.

"Death Peak... The machines that were meant to guide us through are no longer with us... But... I remember a little of the path we need to take to get up..." She said, pausing for a moment as she scanned the mountain, looking for something.

After spotting what she was looking for, she looked a little relieved as she pointed to an outline of a tree partway up the mountain, one that was partially buried by the snow on it.

"The trees... They will shield us from that wind... But we must time our movements carefully... Lest the wind blow us down again..." She explained.

As if on cue, the wind stopped for a few moments before it continued blowing again. Looks like the first part of their climb would be easy; they just had to wait for the wind to calm again before they headed over to that tree.​

"Pshaw. I can take care of that." During the break in the wind, Birdie would run up to the tree, hoping his 500 lb girth could keep him from tumbling over. If or when he got to the tree, he would grab it with his chains, making a sort of rope for the rest of the group to use to anchor themselves as they faced the wind. "It's gonna take more than a Sunday breeze to knock me down!" Birdie boasted triumphantly.

@york @Crow @BarrenThin @Archmage Jeremiah @MetalNova

"If 'machines' is literal, maybe I can see if Upgrade, Jury Rigg or even Grey Matter can do something."

Ben felt the strong winds.

"Correction - Upgrade. I really don't think Jury Rigg or Grey Matter are suited for this. Really though, Death Peak? Surely it can't just be named for these winds. Anything we need to know before Vilgax from a timeline where he successfully murders me and becomes immortal pops out from nowhere?"

Just then, Buddy would fly away due to the winds. Ben unleashed a pink-purple mana lasso from a fist to grasp Buddy and land him safely on the ground.

"Alright partner, stay near," Ben says.

Ben then noticed Birdie using his weight to endure the winds and use his chains as a rope to help everyone up. After waiting for everyone else to proceed, he simply followed suit and used the chains to to scale the mountain, while watching everyone's back. If anyone, by chance, were to fly away, he would use a mana whip to pull them back. Buddy hung tightly to Ben.

@york @Crow @Yun Lee @BarrenThin @Archmage Jeremiah @MetalNova

Last edited:
@AA Batteries
@Midnight Maiden @Otto @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @LuckycoolHawk9 (Connor)

Eygon's lightning attack struck the creature before it even had a chance to turn and react, causing a brief flash of light as it ended up knocking out its shielding systems temporarily. This allowed A2 to not only spear the creature clean through its midsection, but bisect it with her sword... Cutting through its armor like butter, now that its strange energy shield was gone.

However, the battle was far from over... As despite the fact that most of the troops on the downed Scarab were being engaged by the marines and forces surrounding it, peppering it with tank shells, and a loat of gunfire, there were still a few more of those humanoid, armored creatures in their way... Seeming to be defending the Scarab's weak spot on the inside, which if they were to get closer, they'd notice that there was a pulsating mass of orange flesh poking out behind some sort of grey, metal panel on the inside.

Looks like that was their ticket to blowing the machine, but of course, aside from those armored creatures guarding it, there were smaller looking creatures coming towards them.

TH8lVRf.jpg

Both forces quickly opened fire on the boarding group, peppering them with blue and green plasma bolts, as well as strange, pink looking needles that shattered on impact... But perhaps this battle could be a little easier to finish than they had anticipated, assuming someone had some good throwing that is, since anyone who happened to be looking would notice that the freshly killed alien had dropped a couple of alien grenades.

0L8DUUN.png

It would appear that it was a simple matter of pressing the glowing button, and tossing the grenade quickly, to prime it and let it explode, but they only had two... So they'd have to make every toss they had count.

As for Connor, he still had his trusty sniper rifle to pick at the enemies on that Scarab from his position, so he could probably give the ones boarding the machine a little support.​
Silently, Wes sighed, hoisting up the large gun into his hands after flipping down his visor. With a quiet hum, he set to figuring out how the thing worked to the best of his ability... And eventually shrugged, simply aiming the thing at the larger creatures and firing away... All while Rui looked on in awe and slight fear, taking a half step back and tensing visibly as the fight raged on. "I...--" she began, only to pause, as the creatures continued to wage battle on her allies.

If she had guns in her world, she probably would have asked Wes just why and how he knew how to use one.

@york @Gummi Bunnies @LuckycoolHawk9 @Takumi @AABateries​

Reactions: Takumi

"Hope that the first one hits, because if not, I'll do more than be a distraction at this rate..."

A2 spoke briefly to Shion before attempting to get closer to the enemy creatures. Several shots making contact on her, A2 didn't let that stop her from trying to slash at one of them with her sword... though it wouldn't be long until she probably would garner up too much damage.

@york @Otto @Takumi @Midnight Maiden @LuckycoolHawk9 @AA Batteries​

tumblr_mf6l5cJ1tV1raa8ca.png

Shion glanced to A2 when addressed.

"My aim isn't the best, since I don't have much of a throwing arm. I can only count on timing and wait for the outcome." he replied with a nod.

@york @Otto @Gummi Bunnies @Midnight Maiden @LuckycoolHawk9 @AA Batteries

Eygon of Carim | @AA Batteries
@Midnight Maiden @york @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @LuckycoolHawk9 (Connor)​
Shion, who had followed the others inside and stood back long enough to try and study the enemy took note of the grenades and studied them momentarily before pressing the button on one and throwing as hard and as quickly as he could towards some of the forces coming at them. He'd hope that it would be timed right, and made contact. Keeping the second grenade in hand, he'd wait, being careful to keep an eye out for enemy fire.

-------------------

"I'll try my best." JD replied, honestly it probably would've been helpful if more people came this way but whatever. Things couldn't get too hard, right?

@Minerva

"Hope that the first one hits, because if not, I'll do more than be a distraction at this rate..."

A2 spoke briefly to Shion before attempting to get closer to the enemy creatures. Several shots making contact on her, A2 didn't let that stop her from trying to slash at one of them with her sword... though it wouldn't be long until she probably would garner up too much damage.

@york @Otto @Takumi @Midnight Maiden @LuckycoolHawk9 @AA Batteries​

@AA Batteries

Eygon's lightning attack struck the creature before it even had a chance to turn and react, causing a brief flash of light as it ended up knocking out its shielding systems temporarily. This allowed A2 to not only spear the creature clean through its midsection, but bisect it with her sword... Cutting through its armor like butter, now that its strange energy shield was gone.

However, the battle was far from over... As despite the fact that most of the troops on the downed Scarab were being engaged by the marines and forces surrounding it, peppering it with tank shells, and a loat of gunfire, there were still a few more of those humanoid, armored creatures in their way... Seeming to be defending the Scarab's weak spot on the inside, which if they were to get closer, they'd notice that there was a pulsating mass of orange flesh poking out behind some sort of grey, metal panel on the inside.

Looks like that was their ticket to blowing the machine, but of course, aside from those armored creatures guarding it, there were smaller looking creatures coming towards them.

TH8lVRf.jpg

Both forces quickly opened fire on the boarding group, peppering them with blue and green plasma bolts, as well as strange, pink looking needles that shattered on impact... But perhaps this battle could be a little easier to finish than they had anticipated, assuming someone had some good throwing that is, since anyone who happened to be looking would notice that the freshly killed alien had dropped a couple of alien grenades.

0L8DUUN.png

It would appear that it was a simple matter of pressing the glowing button, and tossing the grenade quickly, to prime it and let it explode, but they only had two... So they'd have to make every toss they had count.

As for Connor, he still had his trusty sniper rifle to pick at the enemies on that Scarab from his position, so he could probably give the ones boarding the machine a little support.
Eygon noticed that Shion was taking care of the incoming forces, so he quickly decided to help A2 defeat the remaining warriors that were stopping them from destroying the machine. He sprinted forward and swung his hammer to and fro, attempting to hit all of the enemies that were blocking his way, all the while soaking up the majority of the projectiles.

v8Gywje.jpg

His hefty armor and shield protected him, but due to the nature of the bullets, he was damaged nevertheless. It wasn't enough damage to put him out of action, though. It'd take a lot more than that, especially if you consider his ability to cast healing Miracles.​

Last edited:
@Terrorship (Backup)
@Fallen Hope @thatguyinthestore @Jeremi (Danielle) @LuckycoolHawk9 (Kara)

By a sheer stroke of luck, Sonic's spindash attack managed to nudge the projectile off course, rather than blow it up... And it instead, flew towards the other one that had been headed towards them from down the hall, ramming into it as they both flew off-course, one towards the room full of organge cylinders, and another towards a nearby wall.

There was a brief pause, before they both exploded, the one that went off in the generator room a chain of explosions to spread throughout the ship, while the other, with the boarding group just barely out of range, blew a hole in the side of the ship's wall. Looks like it was time to get out of here! And fortunately, the sargeant from earlier seemed to have hitched a ride from that dropship that had brought them here, as he was hanging out the back when it swooped in, hovering close to the hole that was made by one of the explosives that came their way.

"You did good, marines! Now, hop on, and let's getcha somewhere safe!" He hollered.

The terror ship suddenly creaked and groaned, with sirens beginning to blare from within, seeming to emphasize the urgency of the situation.

"Well? C'mon then! We ain't got all day here!" He added, evidently not wanting to stick around for the terror ship's reactors to go critical.

Looks like it would be a good idea to hitch a ride with the sarge! Seems like there was a safe zone established in the city, a place where they could probably hang around, till further notice.

(Also, tag @Minerva along with me from this point on, as the dropship will carry folks to the evac center for now, I may contribute though, but we'll see.)

@AA Batteries

With forces outside the currently disabled Scarab, including Wes, with his laser, and Connor, with his sniper, amongst countless soldiers and vehicles keeping the majority of the infantry stationed on it... Eygon in the meanwhile, appeared to be able to sponge up the incoming plasma bolts and the like from the Scarab's occupants that was protecting its weak spot, and despite having taken some damage, he, along with A2, who was able to slice and bash through the troops that git in the way as Shion's grenade he had tossed sailed through the air.

There was a moment where everything seemed to stand perfectly still as the grenade began to emit a bright, blue plasma... Flying through the air before it stuck onto the Scarab's weak spot, and detonated!

It didn't take long for the entire thing to start falling apart, with multiple segments of it exploding as various slimy, orange worms were exposed underneath its purple armor plating... And it finally collapsed, limp on the ground, as what remained of its troops were picked off by the friendlies that have surrounded the Scarab.

At long last, it would appear that the Scarab had finally been defeated. Not just that, but one could make out that the AA batteries were also being destroyed, by a few tanks and vehicles that had made their way underneath them while the Scarab had been brought down.

In the light of this, Amelia appeared to be flagging down a fleet of VTOL dropships that had recently arrived, gesturing for the group to come towards her.

"Hah! Ya actually pulled it off! I'm impressed!" She called, smirking a little as she looked over the destroyed remains of the Scarab.

What had once been able to decimate even the toughest of land vehicles, had finally been brought down, along with the AA units that had been giving any air support they might have had, complete hell.

"These Pelican dropships should take ya somewhere safe... Just keep your eyes on that crash site; now that we got air support, we're bringin' in the rain!" She added.

Then, she climbed into one of the dropships, evidently waiting for the others to follow suit.

All in a days work, eh?

(As I've mentioned with the previosu area, tag @Minerva along with me from this point on, as you'll be dropped off at a segment in the evac center)

@Afterlife

The woman also grabbed ontro Birdie's chain, seeming a little relieved for this help, but yet, she was still worried.

"We must find cover... For no-one can ascend these mountains when its winds are at its strongest!" She shouted to Birdie, evidently trying to warn him.

While they were making good progress right now, when the winds were not blowing as strongly as they were before, it was only a matter of time before this changed. However, as long as they were able to take cover behind the tree to their left, which was still some ways away, they might be able to duck out the worst of the storm.

Though, as she climbed the mountain, she turned to Ben a sad smile crossing her face before she shook her head, when Ben asked about upgrade, or Jury Rigg helping her.

"I am afraid not just any machine can help us; the ones that are no longer with us... Are the only ones I know, programmed with the coordinates meant to guide us." She said, looking a little disappointed about this.

However, when Ben inquired about the reason the mountain was named that, she looked a little thoughtfull, seeming to go silent for a moment as she used Birdie's chains to continue scaling towards the mountain.

"... Yes, it is true... These mountains did not just get their name for these winds..." She said, looking up towards the cave that was still a speck in the distance, the one that they were supposed to be headed to.

"There are stories of a monstrous being, that rose from the core of the Earth many years ago... Forming this mountain, and leaving its horrid spawn upon this very mountain." She explained, her gaze shifting to the very tip of the mountain.

"... I know for certain... That this being itself, is no longer here, but I do not believe it's presense has entirely left this place; I sense its spawn is still here... Waiting for us..." She said, frowning a little, her gaze once again falling upon that cave in the distance, before she eventually turned back to Ben, looking a little weary all of a sudden.

It was hard to say if it was simply that the climb was tiring her out, or if there was something else on her mind...

Last edited:
@Terrorship (Backup)

By a sheer stroke of luck, Sonic's spindash attack managed to nudge the projectile off course, rather than blow it up... And it instead, flew towards the other one that had been headed towards them from down the hall, ramming into it as they both flew off-course, one towards the room full of organge cylinders, and another towards a nearby wall.

There was a brief pause, before they both exploded, the one that went off in the generator room a chain of explosions to spread throughout the ship, while the other, with the boarding group just barely out of range, blew a hole in the side of the ship's wall. Looks like it was time to get out of here! And fortunately, the sargeant from earlier seemed to have hitched a ride from that dropship that had brought them here, as he was hanging out the back when it swooped in, hovering close to the hole that was made by one of the explosives that came their way.

"You did good, marines! Now, hop on, and let's getcha somewhere safe!" He hollered.

The terror ship suddenly creaked and groaned, with sirens beginning to blare from within, seeming to emphasize the urgency of the situation.

"Well? C'mon then! We ain't got all day here!" He added, evidently not wanting to stick around for the terror ship's reactors to go critical.

Looks like it would be a good idea to hitch a ride with the sarge! Seems like there was a safe zone established in the city, a place where they could probably hang around, till further notice.

(Also, tag @Minerva along with me from this point on, as the dropship will carry folks to the evac center for now, I may contribute though, but we'll see.)

@AA Batteries

With forces outside the currently disabled Scarab, including Wes, with his laser, and Connor, with his sniper, amongst countless soldiers and vehicles keeping the majority of the infantry stationed on it... Eygon in the meanwhile, appeared to be able to sponge up the incoming plasma bolts and the like from the Scarab's occupants that was protecting its weak spot, and despite having taken some damage, he, along with A2, who was able to slice and bash through the troops that git in the way as Shion's grenade he had tossed sailed through the air.

There was a moment where everything seemed to stand perfectly still as the grenade began to emit a bright, blue plasma... Flying through the air before it stuck onto the Scarab's weak spot, and detonated!

It didn't take long for the entire thing to start falling apart, with multiple segments of it exploding as various slimy, orange worms were exposed underneath its purple armor plating... And it finally collapsed, limp on the ground, as what remained of its troops were picked off by the friendlies that have surrounded the Scarab.

At long last, it would appear that the Scarab had finally been defeated. Not just that, but one could make out that the AA batteries were also being destroyed, by a few tanks and vehicles that had made their way underneath them while the Scarab had been brought down.

In the light of this, Amelia appeared to be flagging down a fleet of VTOL dropships that had recently arrived, gesturing for the group to come towards her.

"Hah! Ya actually pulled it off! I'm impressed!" She called, smirking a little as she looked over the destroyed remains of the Scarab.

What had once been able to decimate even the toughest of land vehicles, had finally been brought down, along with the AA units that had been giving any air support they might have had, complete hell.

"These Pelican dropships should take ya somewhere safe... Just keep your eyes on that crash site; now that we got air support, we're bringin' in the rain!" She added.

Then, she climbed into one of the dropships, evidently waiting for the others to follow suit.

All in a days work, eh?

(As I've mentioned with the previosu area, tag @Minerva along with me from this point on, as you'll be dropped off at a segment in the evac center)

@Afterlife

The woman also grabbed ontro Birdie's chain, seeming a little relieved for this help, but yet, she was still worried.

"We must find cover... For no-one can ascend these mountains when its winds are at its strongest!" She shouted to Birdie, evidently trying to warn him.

While they were making good progress right now, when the winds were not blowing as strongly as they were before, it was only a matter of time before this changed. However, as long as they were able to take cover behind the tree to their left, which was still some ways away, they might be able to duck out the worst of the storm.

Though, as she climbed the mountain, she turned to Ben a sad smile crossing her face before she shook her head, when Ben asked about upgrade, or Jury Rigg helping her.

"I am afraid not just any machine can help us; the ones that are no longer with us... Are the only ones I know, programmed with the coordinates meant to guide us." She said, looking a little disappointed about this.

However, when Ben inquired about the reason the mountain was named that, she looked a little thoughtfull, seeming to go silent for a moment as she used Birdie's chains to continue scaling towards the mountain.

"... Yes, it is true... These mountains did not just get their name for these winds..." She said, looking up towards the cave that was still a speck in the distance, the one that they were supposed to be headed to.

"There are stories of a monstrous being, that rose from the core of the Earth many years ago... Forming this mountain, and leaving its horrid spawn upon this very mountain." She explained, her gaze shifting to the very tip of the mountain.

"... I know for certain... That this being itself, is no longer here, but I do not believe it's presense has entirely left this place; I sense its spawn is still here... Waiting for us..." She said, frowning a little, her gaze once again falling upon that cave in the distance, before she eventually turned back to Ben, looking a little weary all of a sudden.

It was hard to say if it was simply that the climb was tiring her out, or if there was something else on her mind...
As the rest of the group climbed up, Birdie followed from behind, closing the gap as they all went along. He didn't heed anything the mysterious woman told him-after all, he was holding up against the wind quite well, wasn't he? He'd worry about those trees when he got to 'em.

Meanwhile, Noembelu listened to the woman's story quietly as she climbed the mountains, putting two and two together. "This monster's spawn...what are they like? What are we up against?"

@york @Crow @Archmage Jeremiah @BarrenThin @MetalNova

@Afterlife

qVSiSmx.png

"Huh, so basically we have more butt to kick," Ben says as he too takes cover in the tree to the left. "Of course!"

Ben dials his Omnitrix, preparing to transform, but apparently asking the group for an opinion first.

"Cover huh? Maybe one of my aliens can dig a tunnel underground so that we can avoid the winds. Or maybe I could try to use Clockwork to slow time down so that the winds won't move too fast while we all walk? What do you all think?"

Ben notices the lady looking at a faraway cave.

"I was going to suggest using one of my fliers to find a shortcut, but I don't think that's possible, like, at all."

rq81cTq.jpg

"Skree..." Buddy felt a slight fright merely looking at the cave.

@york @BarrenThin @Crow @Yun Lee @MetalNova @Archmage Jeremiah
@AFTERLIFE

Last edited:
@Terrorship (Backup)

@AA Batteries

All in a days work, eh?

@Afterlife

tumblr_mf6ln8GghF1raa8ca.jpg

"Huh." Shion wasn't expecting the grenade to land where it did, but was almost speechless nonetheless.

tumblr_mf6k9fjgpY1raa8ca.png

"Ugh." he muttered in disgust as the bomb went off and sent bits and pieces here and there.

@york @Otto @Gummi Bunnies @LuckycoolHawk9 @Midnight Maiden @Minerva

@Terrorship (Backup)

@AA Batteries

All in a days work, eh?

@Afterlife

Sonic was actually pleasantly surprised when he found that his counter attack actually worked, the hedgehog smiling as he watched the shop slowly get destroyed from the inside. When the Sarge showed up, Sonic just tried to nonchalantly shrug it off like it was no big deal.

"Nah, it's no biggy. All in a day's work!" Came his reply as he hopped in the ride with the Sargeant, mentally noting that it might be a good idea to get away from the exploding ship.

@york @Jeremi @Minerva @LuckycoolHawk9 @Fallen Hope @terrorship​

Shion, who had followed the others inside and stood back long enough to try and study the enemy took note of the grenades and studied them momentarily before pressing the button on one and throwing as hard and as quickly as he could towards some of the forces coming at them. He'd hope that it would be timed right, and made contact. Keeping the second grenade in hand, he'd wait, being careful to keep an eye out for enemy fire.

-------------------

"I'll try my best." JD replied, honestly it probably would've been helpful if more people came this way but whatever. Things couldn't get too hard, right?

@Minerva

You would be interrupted by a large group of people entering the front door.

As the crowd would enter, they were stopped by a female police officer. "I'm sorry, we can't take any more evacuees for now. Unless you're here from ONI, we can't take you." She was calm about it. "So, are you all here to help?"

1169535-mirrorsedge_kate.jpg

@york @Otto @Gummi Bunnies @Midnight Maiden @LuckycoolHawk9 @york @Jeremi @LuckycoolHawk9 @Fallen Hope

Hk6nSIb.png

As for Mipha, she noticed that the rocket launcher, while having one of its tubes busted open by Giorno, was fortunately still functional, but because it only had one operational tube left in there. However, it was likely a good idea to fire this thing at a safe distance, after rotating the functional tube into position using the handle in front of the trigger, seeing as they would only have one shot at this.​
vlcsnap-2010-05-09-21h17m59s25copy.jpg

"Uhh..."

With everyone else hesitating on what to do next, Shichika made a rare judgment call (that almost never turns out well) and took the rocket launcher, a strange contraption that the primitive swordsman had any idea of operating due to the limiting timeline that he had come from, if not because of his rather simplistic mind, but then... If he were to think of this as similar to Enmonzaemon's swords that shot those tiny little blades called "bullets" or so, then maybe...

Well, here went nothing.

With Seisa being the closest, at least close enough to evidently stick her hand inside the thing, presuming that Giorno and Mipha themselves were at a safe distance, the young man dashed forward and wrapped his arm around Seisa's waist, his large body allowing for a wide hold great enough to take her body, before taking her away, and just as swiftly dashing back, haphazardly aiming the oversized weapon in the direction of the strange blob and pulled the trigger, closing his eyes and gritting his teeth anxiously once he believed he had reached a safe enough distance.

@york @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Kaykay @Mason Moretti

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: Mason Moretti

As the crowd would enter, they were stopped by a female police officer. "I'm sorry, we can't take any more evacuees for now. Unless you're here from ONI, we can't take you." She was calm about it. "So, are you all here to help?"

@york @Otto @Gummi Bunnies @Midnight Maiden @LuckycoolHawk9 @york @Jeremi @LuckycoolHawk9 @Fallen Hope

NeWJX.jpg

"You bet we're here to help! Just show us where to." The blue hegehog replied eagerly, anxious to fight more aliens and all that jazz.

@Minerva @york @Otto @LuckycoolHawk9 @Jeremi @Midnight Maiden @Fallen Hope @Gummi Bunnies @evac group​

@Terrorship (Backup)

Chara, who was pretty quiet the entire time they were on the ship, jumped a little as all the explosions went off.

"Eek!"

They suddenly ducked down and covered their head. It seems they're scared of loud noises. Wonder why...

Realizing that they're showing weakness, they got embarrassed and managed to quickly regain their composure, though their cheeks are a noticeably brighter pink than before, maybe even a bit red.

Once the sergeant arrived with the dropship, they hopped on to join the others at the evac center.

~~~~~~~~~

Arriving at the evac center, Chara looked about curiously. Sure is a lot of yellow here.

"...I'm not sure how much help I'll be, but there's no harm in trying, I suppose."

~~~~~~~~~

@Minerva @york @Otto @LuckycoolHawk9 @Jeremi @Midnight Maiden @Fallen Hope @Gummi Bunnies @evac group​

NeWJX.jpg

"You bet we're here to help! Just show us where to." The blue hegehog replied eagerly, anxious to fight more aliens and all that jazz.

Connor Walsh and Kara Danvers/Supergirl

Connor groaned, as he wasn't exactly thrilled with the idea of helping more people when he had barely made it through blowing up the AA batteries and he didn't even get armor either. Hopefully Dorian was doing okay.

Supergirl nodded to the woman's question.

@Minerva @york @Otto @LuckycoolHawk9 @Jeremi @Midnight Maiden @Fallen Hope @Gummi Bunnies @evac group
Chara, who was pretty quiet the entire time they were on the ship, jumped a little as all the explosions went off.

"Eek!"

They suddenly ducked down and covered their head. It seems they're scared of loud noises. Wonder why...

Realizing that they're showing weakness, they got embarrassed and managed to quickly regain their composure, though their cheeks are a noticeably brighter pink than before, maybe even a bit red.

Once the sergeant arrived with the dropship, they hopped on to join the others at the evac center.

~~~~~~~~~

Arriving at the evac center, Chara looked about curiously. Sure is a lot of yellow here.

"...I'm not sure how much help I'll be, but there's no harm in trying, I suppose."

~~~~~~~~~

She would nod. "I'm officer Connors. If you need anything, just tell me. Alright. If any of you have any medical experience, you can take care of wounded." She was interrupted by the sound of breaking glass, gunfire, and shouting. Several people near the back of the room started stampeding towards the front. A group of Pirandello-Kruger officers hit the backs of riot shields.

The woman looked behind her, a panicked look struck her face. "Help calm the crowd. Or... You can follow me while I check this out." She put her hand on her pistol and pushed her way through the crowd.

@Minerva @york @Otto @LuckycoolHawk9 @Jeremi @Midnight Maiden @Fallen Hope @Gummi Bunnies @evac group

She would nod. "I'm officer Connors. If you need anything, just tell me. Alright. If any of you have any medical experience, you can take care of wounded." She was interrupted by the sound of breaking glass, gunfire, and shouting. Several people near the back of the room started stampeding towards the front. A group of Pirandello-Kruger officers hit the backs of riot shields.

The woman looked behind her, a panicked look struck her face. "Help calm the crowd. Or... You can follow me while I check this out." She put her hand on her pistol and pushed her way through the crowd.

"More bad guys to take care of? Well, lead the way!" Sonic replied to officer Conners as he followed her.

@Crash Site
@Mason Moretti @Jeremi (Howlett) @Atomyk @Kaykay @Verite

Well, it was hard to call those creatures within the blob "little", though they were certainly shorter than the average human. They looked to have once been creatures that looked akin to perhaps the typical aliens one might find in early science fiction, the sort that piloted flying saucers, not unlike the ship that had crashed... Save for the brownish biomass spilling forth from it.

Unfortunately, while Seisa's hand did manage to penetrate the blob, leaving a sickening squelching noise, it did not seem to go deep or far enough to reach any of the creature's trapped within. Nevertheless, the entire mass seemed to writhe and churn from this, evidently having felt at least some degree of pain, and it looked to be sucking her hand in. Probably a good idea to pull her hand out while she still could, seeing what happened to what could be presumed to be the previous residents of this alien ship.

Hk6nSIb.png

As for Mipha, she noticed that the rocket launcher, while having one of its tubes busted open by Giorno, was fortunately still functional, but because it only had one operational tube left in there. However, it was likely a good idea to fire this thing at a safe distance, after rotating the functional tube into position using the handle in front of the trigger, seeing as they would only have one shot at this.
vlcsnap-2010-05-09-21h17m59s25copy.jpg

"Uhh..."

With everyone else hesitating on what to do next, Shichika made a rare judgment call (that almost never turns out well) and took the rocket launcher, a strange contraption that the primitive swordsman had any idea of operating due to the limiting timeline that he had come from, if not because of his rather simplistic mind, but then... If he were to think of this as similar to Enmonzaemon's swords that shot those tiny little blades called "bullets" or so, then maybe...

Well, here went nothing.

With Seisa being the closest, at least close enough to evidently stick her hand inside the thing, presuming that Giorno and Mipha themselves were at a safe distance, the young man dashed forward and wrapped his arm around Seisa's waist, his large body allowing for a wide hold great enough to take her body, before taking her away, and just as swiftly dashing back, haphazardly aiming the oversized weapon in the direction of the strange blob and pulled the trigger, closing his eyes and gritting his teeth anxiously once he believed he had reached a safe enough distance.

@york @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Kaykay @Mason Moretti

Well, that didn't work. Now that she gave it a bit more thought, it seemed kind of obvious that simply punching through a thick blob wasn't going to be an easy feat. Especially without powers of any sort. Perhaps she'd simply grown far too used to her Killing Art, or the situation was bothering her more than her stoic expression showed. But regardless, she had to get herself out of it before things turned worse for her.

Or Shichika pulling her away worked too. Not quite expecting that, Seisa stood still for a few moments as she felt her feet on the ground again. She'd probably have to thank him later, though perhaps after the explosion from that rocket launcher went off would be a better time.

Seisa covered her ears and hoped the explosive would be enough.

@york @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Verite @Mason Moretti

"More bad guys to take care of? Well, lead the way!" Sonic replied to officer Conners as he followed her.

As you made your way out, you heard a man shout "I know I wanted to hear news about aliens, but this is becoming ridiculous!"

The rest of the mall had been converted into a lab. Computers were set up, hospital beds were scattered around, and medical equipment was everywhere. "This is spooky, man." One of the P/K soldiers that had entered said. "It's like a ghost town." There was a sound inside one of the stores that was covered with plastic sheeting.

As you made your way out, you heard a man shout "I know I wanted to hear news about aliens, but this is becoming ridiculous!"

The rest of the mall had been converted into a lab. Computers were set up, hospital beds were scattered around, and medical equipment was everywhere. "This is spooky, man." One of the P/K soldiers that had entered said. "It's like a ghost town." There was a sound inside one of the stores that was covered with plastic sheeting.

Sonic followed Conners throughout the evac center, a bit of a hop in his step due to his eagerness to get back out there and kick more alien butt!

Though once he got in there, Sonic was slightly disappointed at how quiet it was. Granted, he hated anything that was slow paced or that could inflict any semblance of boredom, so this really just came natural. His doubts were soon gone, however, as he immediately took notice of some ruffling behind an area that was sealed off.

Not taking even a moment of thought, Sonic soon took off toward the strange noise without another syllable.

@Minerva @LuckycoolHawk9 @Fallen Hope @Takumi @Jeremi @Otto @Midnight Maiden @Gummi Bunnies @evac

Sonic followed Conners throughout the evac center, a bit of a hop in his step due to his eagerness to get back out there and kick more alien butt!

Though once he got in there, Sonic was slightly disappointed at how quiet it was. Granted, he hated anything that was slow paced or that could inflict any semblance of boredom, so this really just came natural. His doubts were soon gone, however, as he immediately took notice of some ruffling behind an area that was sealed off.

Not taking even a moment of thought, Sonic soon took off toward the strange noise without another syllable.

@Minerva @LuckycoolHawk9 @Fallen Hope @Takumi @Jeremi @Otto @Midnight Maiden @Gummi Bunnies @evac
As Sonic rounds the corner, he finds two ONI Scientists. One is clutching her shoulder, and the other is dead. The wounded one pointed towards the back of the room where a large disc-shaped object wasn't facing the group. Officer Connors raised her pistol carefully. The monstrosity turned around.

latest

Status
Not open for further replies.