FateGuard

At last, it had come to this. So it was not so impossible after all, what she had suspected. Not that anyone had paid Erilyn any mind since her first statement, but all the same, she felt a little bit raw, as though something innocent in her perspective had somehow shattered. That couldn't be the case though, could it? She ought to have learned by now that not even people you thought you knew could always be trusted. Some part of her had known that this would be the truth, of course. There was too much evidence against him for it not to be. Still, she had hoped, and for that she deserved the hollow feeling of betrayal.

Without much hesitation, Alyss left the group, which caused Erilyn to exhaled sharply, her features turned down into something more poignant than a frown, but not for long. In offering help, Erilyn had been dangerously close to Ferrick. The movements that Erilyn observed were fluid and oddly majestic as Corben twisted to slash his blade at the neck of Ferrick. Leonardo leapt into motion as well, while Erilyn drew her sword and lifted her shield. The alley was quite large, but there was no telling how powerful a werewolf might be, nor how fast. They didn't even honestly know how large to expect, though if that hole was a good indication, the answer was quite large.

Shield in hand Erilyn stood tensed, her muscles ready at the slightest indication. The members of the group with less armor were in danger should the beast lunge. In fact, for that matter, what was Leonardo thinking, getting so near it? True, his weapon was one of the only silver things that the group had with them, but it would perhaps be better for him to stand a little back. If Corben's sword could cut the creature, perhaps it could be cauterized in silver, which Leonardo's weapon would be useful for, but did he ned to stand so close? Evasion was all well and good, something that Leonardo used to his advantage, but this was a creature that they had not dealt with before and its speed was an unknown variable, as was its exact size. Leonardo took a swing at the beast and Erilyn, her eyes watching the others, did not even see if it had landed. Stepping close to Leonardo, shield raised, Erilyn cast a glance around at the others and motion for them to move back. If the creature truck, the ones nearest to it would handle things quickly, putting those further away in less danger.

"What would we do if you were bitten, Leonardo? Do not put yourself in danger until it is needed. You're not wearing as much armor as some of us, you are less protected." Stepping a little more in front of Leonardo, Erilyn hoped that he would take the implication, to let her protect him for now with her sword and shield.

"They're going to kill you."

"Shut up! This is all your fault!"

"They're going to kill you."

"We deserve it!"

"You don't want to die. You're afraid. Afraid of that darkness like you've been afraid of every darkness. You need me."

"Shut up! Shut up!"

"You need me and you know I'm right."

"You're the curse! You don't belong here!"

"You need me. It doesn't matter what you say. I won't let us die."

Ferrick suddenly lashed out, lunging to the side, knocking Corben's legs out from under him with one savage sweep of his arm as he staggered to his feet. He tore at his clothes, the room starting to fill with the sound that sound of breaking bone and tearing flesh as both reshaped and reknit themselves beneath the skin. As his body changed shape, waves of fur sprouted across his skin, a coarse black and grey layer. His jaw grew and twisted into a wolflike snout, ears grew into triangular points.

In a matter of twisted, painful moments, save for a few shreds of clothing, there was nothing of Ferrick facing the other members of the Fateguard, merely a great, dark-furred werewolf. The wolf leaned forward, one front paw resting on the ground in preparation to lunge as the other was held out, ready to slash. A low, rumbling growl vibrated from his chest as his eyes slowly moved from fighter to fighter, trying to see where the next threat would come from, to be ready to respond.

The wolf slowly inched across the back wall of the room, seeming just to move to a better position, though if anyone cared to notice, he was inching towards the front door.

Remember,

Tahan blinked as the events unfolded in front of him,

You must not break your skin.

He leaped backwards, towards the hole in the rear of the house, as the werewolf knocked both Corben and Leonardo out of the way. Despite the rather fantastical occurrences, he found that he was able to calmly analyze the situation and set out a no-nonsense routine to follow. Like some behaviour, some pattern in him that ran by itself, he jumped and grabbed a rafter, pulling himself up and crouching on the beam like a cat. His eyes shone in the darkness, pupils reflecting the candlelight. In his hand he clutched the dragon's tooth spike, but had already decided that throwing it or attempting to use it against the werewolf would do no good.

For all the thought Erilyn put into others not listening to her, if she actually got the chance to speak with Leonardo she would find he did listen quite a bit. He had moved out of her way when she tried to help Ferrick before his innocence had been revoked. Most of what she had said tonight he agreed with. Though he had not voiced his agreement out loud since their opinions had overlapped plenty enough. Both of them had not wished to waste time wrongfully accusing Ferrick while the real werewolf ran loose. In fact it led to realizing the simplefact errickmust have been bitten himself at some point in the past. But when? A werewolf was the obvious what. . . but with those beasts there was always who as well. Just who exactly was the other werewolf?

Damn! I missed! He rolled out of the way fairly well considering he is still changing.

Either way, he knew when to take advice.

"Nice to know someone cares."

Leonardo replied in a tone that mixed appreciation for Erilyn and a touch of sarcasm for certain other members of the FateGuard. Ones who often seemed as though they would not mourn his passing from this world in the slightest. Would she even hear his words? Underneath the bandages was a half smile just for her hardened by the battle which awaited them. All the while he had moved into an ideal support position behind Erilyn from where he could still strike if the opportunity arose. Defensive offense. In fact a high chance existed that the second the Ferrick-wolf put effort into striking her, he would then strike the outstretched limb as it connected.

"Protect me as much as you care to Erilyn. Just know that I shall protect you as well."

Saint always had the back of whoever he fought alongside no matter the odds and that courageous conviction shone through in his voice. Never would he abandon one of the FateGuard in battle. Even if it endangered his own life. Given his new shield against the beast, Leonardo started to concoct a new battleplan in his head that could suffice until Corben, Aloysius, or one of the others announced new tactics. Even Malwin's words were welcome given the fact he possessed the book with all the information on their furry foe. Not to mention he cast a glance toward where Tahan had perched himself. . . ready to aid the boy should he need it.

Musical Ambiance: Premonition of a Storm

While everyone else took combat ready stances Derek took no immediate position. Instead he seemed to be staring right through Ferrick. His mind raced like his father's used to as a strategy began forming in his head. He was sure that Corben was doing the same, but he also knew the difference was that Corben was thinking how to kill. Derek wasn't. Seeing Ferrick inch toward the door Derek slowly moved and placed himself between Ferrick and the door. With Arkavenn at the hole and he at the door, the werewolf wasn't getting out easily. Once he was in front of the door, his mind reached a possible conclusion.

"Atlas! Your potions! Do you have anything on you with Monkshood in it!? Diluted would be best but I'll work with what I can at this point!

Monkshood. Wolf's Bane. Devil's Rocket. Call it what you would, but there was no denying that this plant had a heavy tie to werewolves. Some said it cured. Others said it killed. It was for these reasons that Derek was putting his hopes in Atlas having something with diluted monkshood in it. If his guess was right it wouldn't be lethal, but it would certainly slow Ferrick down. The issue is what came next: if he was slowed down then Corben would simply kill Ferrick. As much as Derek hated to admit it, his entire idea hinged on one of his comrades having Monkshood. Though Alyss had left Malwin had yet to follow her like Derek thought he might.

"Same question Malwin! And of those poisons of yours have monkshood in them?"

Despite the urgency, Derek tried his best to maintain his composure. This was his only idea. If it didn't at least partially work, he'd have no way to stop Corben except through direct intervention. That wasn't an option.

This is why this had to work.

(Musical ambiance)
[SPOILI]
[/SPOILI]

Alyss walked slowly but surely back to her home, scared and unable to think of what was occurring back with the rest of the FateGuard. As she finally entered her home, she checked on all the plants, watering them if needed, or sprinkling some minerals here and there that would help them grow. She couldn't even bring herself to think of the state that her flowers, the Snow Alyss, were in- it was more than she could bear. Servants bustled around, cleaning- though a few raised their head and acknowledged her.

One of the women asked if she needed a bath to be drawn, but she shook her head.

"Is something wrong?" The voice came from behind her, the old man was still light on his feet and able to sneak around easily- though she was also too distracted to focus.

"No." She muttered, looking to the floor and then checking on the plants again while the old healer followed her.

"You already watered them and gave them what they needed, do it too much and they'll die." He chastised her softly, finally grabbing her by a shoulder, meaning to turn her around, though she refused to move. "Something happened... what was it?" He asked. After a moment of silence, he sent the servants from the room and repeated the question.

"You act like you're actually concerned." She muttered, touching one of the herbs' leaves- it felt smooth on the top of the green leaf, but on the underside, it was warty and bumpy and fuzzy. She tried to focus on that.

"I did raise you- of course I'll be concerned about your well-being." He replied, his brows furrowing, "What is this all about, Alyss?" he asked, confusion growing in his voice.

"If I was a monster, would you still be concerned about my well being? If I was dangerous, would you still care if I seemed upset?" She shot back, her eyes, cold and angry pierced into the old healer's.

The healer took a breath and sighed before giving her a weary look, "This again- Alyss, you're not some beast." He answered, turning from her to walk to his herbs, inspecting them while Alyss followed. "Are you troubled and dangerous at times? Yes, because you have a past that no one's quite sure of and you've trained to prove your merit and good heart to the people in this place- you're dangerous to your enemies." He offered. "I raised you, Alyss- I wouldn't have allowed you to become some horrid monster." He added.

"Ulric, you raised me... but... you've never cared... you've never gotten close to me... all through my life you've held me at arm's length! How am I supposed to feel when I cannot understand that? How can I trust you when you've never trusted me? How was I supposed to think of you as a father-figure when you bent to the other people's wills- you accepted their fear of me! Admit it! After that one time that someone saw you hug me and caused a ruckus in front of our shop- you never touched me again! You cringe at the cold of my skin and my behavior- but in that regard- you raised me to be cold and uncaring! How could I ever learn to be normal when the one person who was raising me only falsely bolstered my hopes of being a normal child, while listening to the lies and fears of the people. You treated me like a servant! Like a pet!" She roared out in anger, trembling with emotion before turning and striding towards her room. Her eyes burned with the possibility of tears.

That was when she saw her flowers.

The Snow Alyss was in full-bloom. Peace found a small part of her and nestled inside of her- though she was still restless. She laid her bow and her quiver against the wall and stripped her clothes away before breathing in the scent of her flowers, and then sat on the edge of her bed in her small clothes. Her head swam with the scent and the blue pollen- it was enough to adle her mind enough to allow her some rest.

Anything to keep her from thinking of FateGuard for the moment.

A servant came in shortly before her eyes drifted shut- and she heard herself asking that servant to send a message to Malwin... she felt detached as she told the servant to wait until the next day- surely the business with Ferrick would be done by then... he would be dead, or alive and in chains- and send word that she required his skills. As the servant left, she entered a dark, dreamless sleep.

Flanked by his comrades, Ferrick transforming, Malwin felt oddly outside himself. Corben and Derrick moved, his half-brother shouting and swinging his cross. Some of the others wheeled out of the building, the cramped inside dangerous for most of them to fight in. Alyss was gone, and only he, himself, stood mutely as Ferrick became.

He had transformed, in spite of himself, in spite of what he stood for, had given in to his darker side. Was that the fate of them all? Struggle valiantly against the enemy outside, but fall eventually to the enemy within? They were all bloodletters, sacrificing their youth and promise for what never seemed to end. Volunteers? They walked willingly into the slaughter. Malwin stepped away from combat, hugging the back wall and drawing out his blades, transfixing the vial of Ferrick's personal poison to the dagger. The steps were taken, the executioner's axe had risen.

The new werewolf snarled, pushing at those around it, all claws and fur. Malwin was quiet after Derrick requested assitence. Quiet as Corben snarled. Quiet as the Fateguard acted.
But wait. Ferrick had transformed without aid of the full moon…he had done it under duress, but not at choice. The change was being triggered remotely. It meant something of vital importance. Ferrick was cursed, yes, but his curse was being controlled.

"Subdue it!" Malwin shouted tucking the dagger filled with poison back onto his person, "It will survive all but the most mortal blows, so subdue it, cripple it if you have to, Ferrick will recover." He moved quickly between the others, staying away from the heavy blades. "I have no poisons but fatal ones, I cannot intervene." His own attacks would mean nothing here…he was an assassin and an assassin did not attack to wound. "His change was triggered, and not by him, there is a way to save him! We need him still!"

He fell back against the wall again, watching, wishing he could do more to aid but finding himself oddly dispassionate to the whole event. He knew what Ferrick was before this had ever happened…he had only assumed that Ferrick knew it himself. Had he spoken to the Fateguard earlier, someone might not have died…many might not have. Why withhold the information? Strangely, he had no logical answer, his excuses seemed poorly constructed.

Malwin noted the dispassion with forced worry, but now was not the time to gauge his moral compass. Eyes back on Ferrick, on the others. He could confront his demons later…whatever they may be.

Eric found himself with his hands full as Ferrick changed. He tossed the spear aside, unable to wield it to its full effectiveness. His sword quickly replaced it without ceremony. Ferrick's torch remained in his left hand, the only light source within the room.

Eric crouched into a fighter's stance, the sword loose and smooth in his right, the torch held aggressively toward the monster that was once Ferrick. Arkavenn blocked the opening in the wall, no chance of escape that way. Eric positioned himself between the werewolf and the stairs to the second floor, least the beast attempt to escape through an upstairs window. The standoff continued as Corben brought himself to his feet. Atlas appeared to be paralyzed in shock as Derek shouted at him.

Eric flexed his grip on the torch and waited for an opportunity to strike.

Perhaps if the werewolf were several blocks away, Atlas would have gladly fought it. But since this werewolf was not only standing a few feet away from him and also a fellow Fateguard, Atlas had a bit of trouble masking his shock and fear. He was not going to strike out at a member but at the same time he was not going to allow him to hurt the others.

Backing up against the wall of the house, Atlas replied, "Unfortunately Derek I have not a single thing on me to assist us." His jaw was set, taunt and grim.

He didn't want to be accused of insubordination but every nerve in his body refused to attack Ferrick. Atlas had to remember this. He had to remember that this beast used to be human and still was one of them. Still... He had to worry about everyone's safety. He threw his hand out towards Ferrick, a spell flying out from his palm. The air wavered, as if a heat wave were passing from the mage to the werewolf. Pressure would build on the beast's wrists and ankles, a mysterious weight. If Ferrick wasn't able to fight it off himself, he would crumble to the ground held down on his stomach by Atlas' willpower. A vein in his temple throbbed as he struggled to keep the spell working.

Despite the fact that it was she who was holding the shield and sword, blocking Leonardo's far more vulnerable person from the wold that had been snarling before them, Erilyn heard him say something about protecting her as well. As poor as the timing was, she had to forcefully suppress a laugh. Not that she doubted him, of course - every last member of the Fateguard was a powerful ally to have on one's side - but because it seemed to funny to her that he made sure she knew that he would held to defend her as well. It struck her as amusing that the possibility of not helping her might have crossed someone's mind but then again, some of these men had cool hearts. They would look down on her if she needed their help and call her nothing but unfit, no matter the circumstance. If she was to have a friend in the man, an ally who would not consider her a liability and still untrained, then perhaps it was more uncommon than she had thought. She sobered a little, no more laugher building in her throat.

"Thank you, Leonardo. Try to avoid being bitten though, hmm?" She was trying to be sincere and show worry, but she hoped it came off well enough. Her words could be so awkward on her lips that she didn't know if they conveyed their proper meaning. When the creature, no, when Ferrick pushed Corben aside to change position and back him self against the wall instead, Erilyn's eyes were trained on him. She turned, keeping Leonardo behind her in respect to the wolf. Her eyes left the werewolf for only a moment to glance down at Corben, whose legs had been knocked out from under him. She wanted to ask him if he was all right but could remember only too well his chidings to her about being observant, being stronger, the necessity of being able to protect oneself.

"Watch yourself, Corben. Can you still stand?" her eyes left from Corben to fix once more on the wofl, her words said as though an offhand comment. She did not want to be lectured for some offense she did not know that she had committed after this all was through. Then again, he hadn't lectured her hardly at all since her induction. Was he satisfied with her work thus far or did he consider her having to fend for herself. She fought the urge to make a cheeky comment about how he could stand behind her shield too but had forgotten about it almost entirely when she heard Malwin's words and watched the wolf's movements.

"Beneath the surface of the beast, Ferrick may remain. This werecreature, watch its movements. It seems as though it is attempting to flee, a cornered animal trying to edge its way to its den perhaps!" She was slightly breathless when she spoke this time, her face set in determination. How could they find who might be controlling the transformation as Malwin said, though?

The wolf sank to all fours as he felt the sudden weight on his wrists and ankles, like invisible shackles. He struggled to rise to his feet again, the growl coming from this throat constant. It's ears twitched, though, like a lazy hound hearing something in the distance, and his gaze shifted back and forth, sometimes to empty air with nothing to be seen.

"They'll kill us."

"Don't give them a reason to!"

"They have their reason already!"

The panic of the wolf was rising, with the Fategaurd standing in the way of every avenue of exit, slowly encroaching, with the light from that torch, there was nowhere to run. But something kept its claws in check, that same unseen distraction. He had to take some action, though, the beast couldn't stand to be trapped.

One wide paw lashed out, taking hold of a table pushed against the wall, claws sinking into the wood as he swung around and released it, sending it clattering and sliding across the floor towards Atlas before lunging forward, trying to run across the room to the hole in the wall, prepared to knock aside anyone in the way.

[DASH=gray]This can't be...

Aloysius thought this to himself as he watched Ferrick transform. Physically, he was no longer his friend from the FateGuard, but instead a monster. Everything seemed to happen at once. Alyss left, everyone lunged for Ferrick in an attempt to subdue him. Aloysius began to run towards the werewolf, his former teammate. "Ferrick...!"

Then everything paused.

The world seemed to slow down and nearly stop. Aloysius glanced around in the large room. He could see the other FateGuards but they were frozen, as if imprinted on the fabric of time. Thinking quickly, Aloysius looked around and began to survey his surroundings. He couldn't move around fast himself, but the point wasn't to take action. It was to observe. He noticed how Ferrick, or the werewolf, seemed to face towards the front door. He must be trying to exit through it. Aloysius would make sure he wouldn't.

As quickly as it started, time began to speed up again. The werewolf had stumbled onto the floor from a spell. Aloysius took this chance to spring in front of the doorway and brandish his sword.

Ferrick, my friend, is that really you?[/DASH]

[SPOILI]Aloysius goes to guard the front door. That's the only important detail, really.[/SPOILI]

The mage couldn't fight against the savage beast's willpower, not in this condition. Exhausted and drained, the mage felt the connection between him and the spell snap. Stunned, Atlas couldn't react in time to the table thrown at him. The furniture slammed into his stomach, knocking the air out of him. For a moment he was sandwiched between the wall and table until gravity pulled him and the table to the floor. While he was still conscience, Atlas sustained two broken ribs and a very bruised back.

Groaning in agony, the mage threw aside the table. Now he was completely useless.

He leaned his head back against the wall, muttering, "Leave me be. Get Ferrick before he attacks anyone else."

Though the beast had seemed to be retreating and while Erilyn still had every hope and wish that this was something that they could snap him out of, the truth was that Ferrick as they knew him, friend and fellow member of the Fateguard, was no longer to be found. This was painfully obvious to her when he injured Atlas and caused Erilyn's temper to flare to life. Aloysius was in the doorway, brandishing a weapon at the werewolf that had once been Ferrick. He was addressing Ferrick as a friend but Erilyn knew now that the time for that had passed. The werewolf would not be reasoned with and was attacking his fellow members - why should they stay their hand to return in kind?

Feeling oddly hollow at the prospect of injuring a fellow, Erilyn stepped away from her protection of Leonardo and approached the werewolf, coming between him and Aloysius. The decision was a hard one but it must be made and she could not stand by and simply watch as the others allowed Ferrick to do them damage because he had once been their friend. Inhaling deeply, Erilyn held her shield before her but her right hand was clutched firmly around her sword. Her severe expression showed a glimmer of fear, the worry that she might somehow be wrong, but she could not let that fear consume her and prevent her from acting.

The werewolf was alert and powerful, lunging quickly, but Erilyn had at least her prowess with a sword to recommend her. With a well-aimed slash, putting forth as much power as she dared without allowing it to throw her off balance, Erilyn struck at the hind flank of the beast with her sword. The room seemed slowed as she did so and she tried to ignore the searing doubts in her chest about whether she was doing the right thing or not. Derek, of course, would be furious, wouldn't he? Would Corben be angry with her for acting without previous approval? She didn't know the answer to these questions and her greatest fear was in needlessly ending the life of a friend, but she could not allow him to cause any more harm to her other companions. With a determined mind, even if lacking some conviction in her own thoughts, she engaged the werewolf and her sword swung glittering and with every intent to cause grievous injury, to its leg.

As the table went smashing across the room, Atlas and the twins were lost amidst the shattering wood. Others reeled back through the hole around Arkavenn and into the alley as they sought to give space to the skirmish. Eric had the stairs. Aloysius had the front door. Erilyn and Leonardo were manouvering like a net around the charging beast. And into this web Corben lunged, his feet feeling heavy momentarily before the real world exploded into fluid motion once more.

As Erilyn struck its haunch the werewolf turned into the marshall's blade. He drove the Sword of Dragonfire into the forward shoulder, the tip ramming to a halt of muscle and sinew. Then came the burning, the searing of flesh and boiling of blood, as the weapon's magic took hold. The wolf cried out and reared up, the arm twisting violently and pulling the embedded blade out of Corben's grip. But the marshall's left hand was not idle. Drawing his secondary dagger, he plunged it between the beast's ribs - the gesture more defiant than damaging given the creature's size.

And then he was in its grip. With its good hand the beast encircled Corben's throat and lifted him, dangling, from his feet. Its jaws were wide, in pain and fury, ready to close around the marshall's face.

"Kill it!" were the only words that escaped Corben's lungs.

Playing it safe as a support suited the situation well. Saint lacked the armor the rest possessed but made up for it with an impressive mobility.Especially for someone with parts of their body bound in bandages thoroughly enough to prevent a glimpse at what hid beneath. Care went into the technique he used to wrap them each day to allow maximum freedom of movement. Even then one might imagine him even swifter without them. . . though those who knew him from far enough back remembered his swiftness in battle just fine.

I will not sacrifice one friend for another!

Leonardo rushed past Erilyn while hefting the Combat Crucifix into position for a heavy strike. Most of his blows relied on the combination of momentum and physical force. After all the bandaged knight's weapon of choice left him with few other options. He came at 'Ferrick' from the side and in one fluid motion swung the over-sized silver cross right at the head intending to knock those glistening fangs in any direction other than Corben's face. God willing, it would free their leader from the clawed grasp of their foe. If it somehow ended Ferrick's life then Saint would have to live with that. But how would the others treat him if slayed one of the FateGuard?

Before the combat crucifix came down, there was a sound like thunder as Derek stormed across the room tackling Ferrick and continued charging until the wall stopped him. With his left forearm pressed across Ferrick's shoulders he used his right hand to draw Alondite. As he did the room brightened somewhat as the blade glowed; Derek was drawing on the strength enhancing powers of Alondite. Between the Regalia of Ancient Kings and his enhanced strength, Ferrick wouldn't be able to shake free. Alondite's glowing tip leveled with Ferrick's neck.

"Ferrick! Goddammit if you're in there you better be listening to me! This is your last chance! I can't help you if you can't even help yourself! You have to overcome this! None of us want to kill you and anyone or anything else that tells you otherwise is completely insane! But if you can't take control of yourself...if you can't prove to us that we don't have to kill you...!" Alondite's tip moved closer to Ferrick's neck, pressing against it.

"Then I will kill you right here if it means no one else dies. Don't make me live with that guilt. Take control of this thing! That's an order!!!"

Derek restrains Ferrick and tries one final time to get through to him before accepting his ally's fate.

From his perch on the rafters, Tahan observed the unfolding of events down below. Once, on the rare occasion that he was allowed to wander town without his suit of armour, he had purchased for himself a mouth-watering, savory piece of bread with meat, dipped in gravy. It was messy and time consuming to eat, and he had sat down on a nearby stone wall, swinging his legs as the gravy dripped between them to the ground below. It did not take long for a crowd of dogs to gather round, and when he found that he could not eat anymore, he dropped the remainders of his snack to them below.

The ensuing chaos was much like what he saw now. Everyone seemed to have some idea of how to deal with the situation, everyone's opinion on the issue was different. Luckily for him, the darkness hid the smile of amusement as it played across his face.

The beast was snarling and squirming, trying to push Derek away, to get free. His dark grey fur was growing more and more stained red with the sounds in his side and on his leg. The intent had changed though, he had less the demeanor of a hungry wolf and more a wounded beast trying to be free.

"They won't let us leave."

"They'll kill us."

"Not if you let me."

"You're the one who got us into this!"

Ferrick managed to get his good leg up against Derke and pushed, the strength of desperation just enough to get free, falling to the ground. The side of his head stung with the impact of the silver, the fur was pressed against his skin and he could feel the burn still lingering. Each breath he took hurt, blood was flowing freely out of him, his wound from last night was seeping again. He dropped to all fours, or more accurately just three, his cut leg was useless to him now and just dragged behind him.

He took two steps towards the hole in the wall, not nearly enough to cross the room, before he collapsed on the ground with a low whine, and he lied there, his back slowly rising and falling with each laborious breath, eyes focused on nothing now, too weakened by wounds within and without.

Musical Amibance: Whirlpool of Fate

As Derek had been enhancing his upper body with Alondite as opposed to his legs, Ferrick's push was enough to stagger him back a few steps. When the wolfman had crawled and collapsed to a stop Derek visibly relaxed. The threat was gone for the time being. This actually put Derek in a good position: between Ferrick and the rest of the FateGuard. No one would be able to attack Ferrick as he lay there injured, with the exception of perhaps Arkavenn who was directly in front of the hole in the wall, "Looks like fate decided to be kind. Now we have time to figure out what to do," he turned to his allies, "Regeneration or no, he won't be going anywhere any time in the direct future. Perhaps now we can figure out a way to help him, now that we're not frantically trying to contain a werewolf before we lose control of the situation. I suggest we find a way to restrain Ferrick and head for my home. Annette should still be awake and we can talk freely the--"

The word "there" never fully left Derek's lips. When he turned around the light from Alondite illuminated the opposite side of the room. Enough to see Tahan standing in the corner smiling. Derek raised his sword in a pointing motion, "Wipe that smile off your face, boy. Do you find this amusing? Are you getting some sick pleasure off of watching us forced to battle one of our own!? You little bastard! I should--!" Derek stopped himself, lowering Alondite but not sheathing it. He looked over to Leonardo for a moment and shook his head, "I think the church's newest pet might be the closest thing to an actual monster we've seen all night..." Derek said nothing more on the subject of Tahan. Instead he composed himself and looked to Corben.

"So now what?"