DeadRock Town (Western Fantasy) OOC

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Necropolis I see. These are from the Forgotten Realms (D&D), I strongly suggest you read some of these books, they're bloody brilliant :D

WIP
4ffa22c766a0f2f5036b7026fc5fddc4.jpg

Name: Connor McKinley
Race: Human
Magic/Abilities (if any): Connor has the ability to push metal. Not exactly a fancy ability, but it comes in handy when a bullet or a knife is coming at you. If you can react fast enough, that is.
Personality: Unlike so many others in Deadrock, Connor is one of the few people to greet the world with a smile on his face. And why shouldn't he? He's still alive, and at his age and in this place that's quite the miracle. But he has a hand on his pistol like everyone else when outsiders show up and look like they're there to cause trouble.
History:
Weapons:
Revolver long rifle, not exactly the ideal weapon when fighting in close quarters, but he can easily hit a squirrel in the eye at 200 paces (about 800 ft).
Revolver pistol, for when they get closer.
Bowie knife. Nothing says 'back off' like a big knife.

Nice! He's accepted, and I like that he's not too powerful, giving him a lot of room for growth if you choose.

Last edited:
lmao every time I read Billy Bones I think of Muppet treasure island

lmao every time I read Billy Bones I think of Muppet treasure island
Lol, Billy Bones was a pirate, but I made him a bandit in this story, since they're pretty much the same thing.

Lol, Billy Bones was a pirate, but I made him a bandit in this story, since they're pretty much the same thing.
I know but I laugh at it every time

@Lonewolf888978 I'm not the gm, as you should be aware, but I have one problem with your character that I think needs to be addressed. His weakness to water, when we're out in a desert. Perhaps our journeys will take us to the swamps or the forest where it will then rain. But water is a precious resource in the desert, so I doubt people are going to go around throwing it at him. And besides, I doubt the common person would know that your character would be weak to water.

Reactions: Dark_Psycho
@Necropolis
How'd my character look? Tried to balance him out some with his weaknesses.
Actually, I like the idea of weakness to water, especially since there are waterlines that allow the desert people to pull water from the swamp and boil it. In this town, water is actually quite abundant. Your character looks great.

sorry going to drop can't think up a good character :(

sorry going to drop can't think up a good character :(
Ah, that is quite a shame. If you can think of a character after all, feel free to come back. This is a jump-in RP, after all. :)

Ah, that is quite a shame. If you can think of a character after all, feel free to come back. This is a jump-in RP, after all. :)
will do thanks I just didn't want to give you a shitty character. it's not who I am

As to everyone else: If you want to go ahead and post on the IC Roleplay, we have enough people to make a proper RP. I'm going to go ahead and post first, then I'll go ahead and spiffy of some things and make the RP look pretty.

Is there any sort of standards for post length and how often we should post? I'm interested, but I'd like to know what I'm gonna have to pump out before I commit.

Is there any sort of standards for post length and how often we should post? I'm interested, but I'd like to know what I'm gonna have to pump out before I commit.
Since this is a jump in role-play, you can post whenever, and however, you want! Just make sure you don't go overboard, give other people a chance to post, and try to warn people if you're going to post like you don't have a life (me) or if you're going to be gone for a couple of days. Don't be surprised if you get left behind if you're gone for a week, though; people don't usually like to wait!

@Lonewolf888978 I'm not the gm, as you should be aware, but I have one problem with your character that I think needs to be addressed. His weakness to water, when we're out in a desert. Perhaps our journeys will take us to the swamps or the forest where it will then rain. But water is a precious resource in the desert, so I doubt people are going to go around throwing it at him. And besides, I doubt the common person would know that your character would be weak to water.
Indeed, that would normally be a problem, but as this town is an indepent society, (much like the US colonists breaking off of Great Britain) it must grow it's own crops, raise it's own livestock, and other things a normal town would do. To do that, people need water, which they get from the swamp. Technology pumps water through pipes (that are often damaged because they're not underground) and a human magician purifies it, making enough water to hydrate roughly 250 folks.
As for not being GM, @Beowulf, would you like to help me with that? While it wasn't official, I helped the original thread owner by being a co-GM; I would figure out if someone had made a mistake with the timing of their posts, check on who was still active, and other helpful things. I would appreciate if you would do the same, or substitute for me if I know I'll be gone, but please know that you're not obligated to do so in any way shape or form, and this is entirely up to you.

Don't expect to much from me because I'm not much of a good gm myself. But two halves make a whole and all that.

Don't expect to much from me because I'm not much of a good gm myself. But two halves make a whole and all that.
Indeed, I look forward to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.