Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. Multiple posts per day
Writing Levels
  1. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Fantasy, magical, action, sci-fi, romance, modern, slice of life.
Skip to the second paragraph for the setting.
Third paragraph for the reboot information.
Fourth for character discussion.
Fifth for sign-up sheets.

Welcome to the reboot of what was once a popular RP known as (Western Fantasy) Bulhit Town. I decided to make a reboot because there are new role-players, staff-members, and tools. After I had made the original reboot, I contacted the original artist, Crono, to discover that he was not entirely pleased that I had done so without his consent. He did, however, tell me that though he doubted that this reboot would take off as well as the first, I could continue with the RP under a different name. Due to my lack of name making capabilities, we now have DeadRock Town. Enough talk though, let's discuss the thread idea!

DeadRock is a small town much like most old western settlements; A large main street lined with buildings like saloons, barbers, dentists, and other businesses-like places. Then after about a few hundred feet or so, you are at the town center, where hangings, gunfights, and other things went on (hopefully not all at the same time.) The "Courthouse" is at the exact opposite end of the main road's end. Then you have smaller paths that branch off of the town center that lead to houses and ways out of town. The town and it's surrounding area is a desert oasis. To the North, South, and West is the Stillsand Desert, or just Stillsand, mainly because the wind hardly ever blows. To the East, however, is the Shrieking Swamp, which gets it's name for many reasons. Towards the North is a desert fortress belonging to thugs and mercenaries, owned by the infamous Bones family, who are almost as legendary as Grim himself. Speaking of, Grim's warehouse is known to be in the Shrieking Swamp, but no-one has ever found it... Without help, that is. Farther East is the great chain of mountains known to the people of Deadrock as "The Devil's Ribs." This mountain range is known for it's harsh environment and the equally harsh creatures that live there. This is where most strange creatures come from, such as dwarves, trolls, shape-shifters, and other mythical creatures before they arrive in DeadRock (Dragons used to be counted among them, but now all save for one have died out, and the last remains with the elves, who treat it with as much respect as the king and queen.) Most are turned away by the sheriffs and the people because they attack the town, but when they come peacefully instead of ravaging buildings, most of the citizens hardly notice them. Even further East is the massive Glitter-Green Forest, where the elven kingdom resides, along with their respective creatures. Elves, of course, are immortal and pure, along with being able to control magic. They enjoy the company of the forest and all creatures, and it is a taboo to eat anything that was once a living, breathing creature. Their diet consists of plants, roots, herbs, and occasionaly unfertilized eggs, along with other things. The elven kingdom, known as Amoura, consists of the royal family, the high counsel, and the magic guild. The royal family has the king, the queen, and their son, the prince. The high counsel holds nine members, and the magic guild has five members who devote their lives to the study of magic and all things entailed. As you might have guessed with the town and the criminals, this RP takes place somewhere around the post-colonial era of the U.S.

In the original RP, the RP starts with all of the characters meeting, then one of Grim's lackeys delivering a summons to them. The story progresses from there, revealing Grim as the main antagonist. In this RP, for the sake of creativity, I've decided something. In order for someone to become a living legend, they need to have either done something extraordinary and survived or something infamous. Either way, Grim is probably quite old now. So, the main antagonist will be his son, Damien DeVill. Damien grows tired of his father ignoring him, and plans to betray Grim, but he needs assistance.

So there are obviously two major characters in this story, them being Grim's son, Damien, and the latest member of the Bones family, Billy Bones. However, there is also the elven government, so one of the third major characters is the prince of the elves. Damien is about 17 years old, an adult in those times, but he has to stay with his father because of his father's shadow. He has black hair and strangely dark eyes. While his father is extremely talented, however, Damien's only talent is being able to communicate and control some of his father's servants. However, Damien is very smart and calculating, so he has very elaborate plans that can change on the spot. Damien has three main followers: A mercenary orc named Shurgal, a witch named Caleesi, and a dark servant given to him by his father named Shadow.
Billy (he prefers to be called Bones) is an excellent gun-master, second only to Grim. Sadly, Bones is an only child, and he is sterile, so he is the last member of the Bones family lineage. Bones is also the leader of a clan known as the Drysand Fortress, home to hundreds of bandits, thugs, and mercenaries. Bones' right hand man is a flame master named Leo.
The elvish prince, named Prince Talim, is actually quite young and naive. He believes that the people of Deadrock are a scourge to the land, and he wishes to push them back west, across the desert and back towards the ocean many leagues away. He has convinced his fellow elves to form a small army to march on Deadrock.
There are also less notable characters like the pub owner, and messengers.

The Signup Sheet:
Name:
Race:
Magic/Abilities (if any):
Personality:
History:
Weapons:
Appearance (preferably image, but text is fine):
Remember, no god-modding, no invincibility, etc. etc...
IC Thread: INTEREST CHECK - (Western Fantasy) Deadrock Town
Role-play: OPEN SIGNUPS - (Western Fantasy) Deadrock Town

Last edited:
This looks flexible enough to smack some tags on.

This looks flexible enough to smack some tags on.
Oh, yeah, about that...
I'm not good with tags, but I'll try my best. Please let me know if I missed anything.
(_·_)

What information do we need on our character sheets?
Basic stuff, a name, what race. I finished the signup sheet if you want to scroll up the list to look at it.

Here's my character.
Name: Brad Hart
Race: Human Cyborg.
Magic/Abilities: Ability to harness electricity, but no real magic.
Personality: Happy-go-lucky, cucurious, and protective.
History: Technically the future, Brad was blasted back into the past from a so far in the future, that magic no longer exists. Brad actually became a bit younger in the process, and he has no memory of the future.
Weapons: Blade can replace his hand, about a foot and a half long when retracted, can be lengthened to four feet. Also has a power-glove that electrocutes on impact.
Appearance:

Human necromancer or drow assassin? Decisions, decisions...

[spoili]
0472fb8b9f2c381b5ce4a7f47e26eba1-d5u068y.jpg
[/spoili]

Name: Quenthel Zaurae
Race: Drow
Magic/Abilities: Levitation and the ability to conjure faerie fire, infrared vision - racial abilities. Typical assassin abilities, wily and stealthy, fast and devious.
Personality: A quiet woman that seems to always be in a bad mood. She largely keeps herself to herself, preferring to stay out of the daily politics of this new life she has chosen. Previously, she was a tenacious woman, dogged in her work and utterly merciless, though recently she has mellowed somewhat.
History: Growing up in a large subterranean drow city, Quenthel was destined for great things in the matriarchal society. Unfortunately, early in her twenties, her house was entirely destroyed by one of the many raids that were a common feature in the constantly warring city. Ordinarily, all members of the house would have been executed, but Quenthel escaped, finding her place within a mercenary guild within the city. From here, she honed her skills and regularly carried out attacks against various houses, always slipping in and out unnoticed.
After decades of this, Quenthel finally grew weary of her chaotic existence. She heard word of a surface raid the band had been contracted on, and so she joined this grisly expedition. Although the light stung her eyes, she was rather enamoured with the surface world, and so fled her comrades, seeking to make a life in this new land. Unfortunately, she was not quite prepared for the hatred she would be met with by most of the goodly races.
Weapons: Dual wield, dagger and scimitar, hand crossbow, poison.

@Psychedelic Nice! Forgive me if I'm mistaken, but aren't the Drow another type of elf?

8971bfd43506eaf78c4360570bd00e17.jpg

Name:
Dread
Race:
Undead Revenant
Regenerative Abilities: making him rather hard to kill. His bones can be pieced together again, keeping him in a fighting state. However, if his skull is destroyed, Dread will die.
Undead Steed: Crossbones is an undead horse bound to Dread. The undead man can summon the steed where ever he pleases.
Fire Manipulation and Resistance: Able to create fire from will and use it as a weapon. Also immuned to flame and its hazards.
Weaknesses:
Cant Swim
Water Burns Him

Personality:
A rather quiet and rather grim man, he tends to keep to himself unless money is involved.
History:
Dreads past life is unknown to him, though it's clear this is his second one. Waking up in the desert, with buzzards picking at his bones, Dread spent the next few years making a name as a bounty hunter for some, and a bandit for others. While he has no allegiance for any particular party, his true devotion lays with his greed, and love for money.
Weapons:
Level Action Rifle
Revolver
Sawed-Off Shotgun

8971bfd43506eaf78c4360570bd00e17.jpg

Name:
Dread
Race:
Undead Revenant
Regenerative Abilities: making him rather hard to kill. His bones can be pieced together again, keeping him in a fighting state. However, if his skull is destroyed, Dread will die.
Undead Steed: Crossbones is an undead horse bound to Dread. The undead man can summon the steed where ever he pleases.
Fire Manipulation and Resistance: Able to create fire from will and use it as a weapon. Also immuned to flame and its hazards.
Weaknesses:
Cant Swim
Water Burns Him

Personality:
A rather quiet and rather grim man, he tends to keep to himself unless money is involved.
History:
Dreads past life is unknown to him, though it's clear this is his second one. Waking up in the desert, with buzzards picking at his bones, Dread spent the next few years making a name as a bounty hunter for some, and a bandit for others. While he has no allegiance for any particular party, his true devotion lays with his greed, and love for money.
Weapons:
Level Action Rifle
Revolver
Sawed-Off Shotgun
NOICE! (Nice)
What's your input on multiple characters??
Multiple characters are totally fine, if you can handle it. Heck, if you look in the RP graveyard at the old thread, you can see that I myself had probably four different characters or more! I'll tell you what someone else once told me though; "You can be as creative as you want, even in someone else's story, but never, EVER, make a story revolve around YOU." ~Sister, Approx. 3 years ago

Status
Not open for further replies.