Ask the next person a question

• Thread starter The Wandering Magus
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
yes, for kindness, charity, humility, and wisdom.

if you could choose one single trait to have, what would you wish for?

As much intelligence as I can have within my mortal bounds.

Where do you see yourself ten years from now?

head engineer and possibly CEO of some company, with a family and a decent fortune, living on a hill.

What would you do if you were granted infinite wealth (just money, not materials etc.)

I'd go help out third world countries and help get them self sustainable so that they can tend to themselves!

Why is your favorite animal your favorite?

It's difficult to choose one, there are several animals I like for several reasons, but at this moment I would choose these three (one from each of the three worlds):
butterflies/moths for representing the soul,
weasels for representing the killer instinct and bloodlust,
and serpents for being cold and almost inorganic-looking with their elegant scaled bodies.

Would you want to be a ruler if you could?

yes, I would.

would you want to be a justified assassin if you knew all your targets fully deserved what you have coming for them? sniping cartel lords for example.

A difficult question. I don't believe in morals and somebody deserving something. I believe nothing is right or wrong, and the only way I would kill is if I myself want to and feel it right to, according to my own (admittedly personal) reasons and values, morality aside. So, no. I wouldn't be an assassin, because I can't guarantee I will actually want to kill the mark. And if I want to kill a certain person, I don't want to take a contract on it, because that would bring another person - the client - into it and the kill would feel less of my own, and would no longer be my secret.

If you could change some part of the past, would you do it, knowing that there is no telling (by mortal means) how that would change the world from then onwards?

yes, because even delaying the inevitable or saving one more document can bring about great change for the better.

if you were in charge of a first contact mission with primitive, stone-age humans on the other side of a portal (it is somehow verified that they and the surrounding tribes of about 1 million inhabitants are the only sentients in that world/universe, and it is not our past/present/future), how would you initiate contact? present yourselves as gods? go straight to handing out cell phones? stay away and follow the Prime Directive of not interfering?

Give them a lighter and a flashlight and watch as their world suddenly gets ten times better. Repeat as their quality of life ensues, keeping my status as giver-of-great-gifts indefinitely.

Would you rather visit one place for one week every year with a fully planned out vacation (know which hotel you'll be staying at, which restaurants you'll eat at, which museums you'll visit, etc.) or take three for three weeks but not be allowed to do any planning (no reservations or buying tickets, have to figure everything out once you get there with zero prep time)?
It's assumed that your travel time will be excused from school or paid leave from work and will otherwise not interfere with your normal life.

Three for three, I have always been spontaneous.

What's your favorite flavor of ice cream and why?

I don't have one, because I rarely eat ice cream and make a point of trying a different flavour each time until I will eventually run out; and the ice cream shop nearby makes its own ice cream, I see different flavours each time I go there (whatever occurred to them that day, most likely), so I will not run out of new flavours for a while.

If you could choose a dream for yourself - anything is possible, it's a dream after all, it would be everything you could wish for - and live in it permanently, knowing it's only a dream and in reality you are in bed and haven't done anything for any number of years now, would you?

no. much as I'd like to forget about this world completely and live in my own fantasy land, I want to make an impact on the world and change life for the better for others. going into a fantasy world of perfection and ignoring the suffering of others would be simply hypocritical of me, given my intense dislike of global elitists and the more despicable members of the 1% (although many 1%ers are pretty nice).

If by some luck of fate you became the wealthiest and most powerful individual in the world, how would you use your authority?

Trust me, you don't want to hear it. And I wouldn't want to give away my evil master plan. But I can put it in three words:
DOOM TO MANKIND!
In other words, I would make the universe a better place.

Do you think there are pieces of knowledge that are better destroyed for fear of someone misusing it?

yes. some things are not meant for anyone to know for any reason.

if your nation descended into anarchy and mass looting, with no hope of return to the previous government, how would you organize (or react to) the community around you?

Status
Not open for further replies.