Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Nonbinary
  4. Agender
  5. Primarily Prefer Male
  6. No Preferences
Genres
Adventure. Angels and demons. Apocalyptic. Arthurian. Comedy. Dystopian. Fantasy. Historical. Horror. Post-apocalyptic. Romance. Science fiction. Supernatural.
My phone recently decided to throw a fit for unknown reasons, and I had to reset it to factory standards (thankfully, I didn't lose more than a few pictures and my conversation logs). It's an old phone (5 years) and it cost $30 when I bought it, so I'm honestly a bit surprised it's still going, even if it has to live in power saver mode. It's a loyal phone and I will mourn its passing, but I'm someone who doesn't even use his phone often. I can talk to most of my contacts through Discord, and I don't play games or have many apps (I do use a pedometer and Spotify for my walks, however). How about you? What is your phone like? Do you use it a lot? What kinds of apps do you use most? Are you an ancient beast who rejects cellphones? Worse, do you prefer calls? Which OS do you use? Tell me about your phones!

"Decided to throw a fit for unknown reasons"

"...It's an old phone."

Quite the mystery. 👀

I have one of those foldable Samsung phones. About 2/3 years old. I use it for music. picture collecting and editing, discord, and avoiding humanity mostly or to read on the go. Can't stash a book in my pocket cause girls aren't allowed to have useful pockets in anything but dresses and rompers. Lots of apps. Not sure what apps but there's definitely a lot. God forbid I use it for calls. Gross.

• Haha
Reactions: Lyrikai and Dusk
My current phone is about four years old, and works fine, if not a bit slow at times with its quirks. The screen is also cracked because I dropped it once when I was traveling for work and it nearly slipped under a train. Everyone that saw that happen gasped for me because I was definitely too tired to bother.

I use my phone more than I really care, but I am trying to negotiate a work phone from work with the amount I have been using it. Especially if my job description is gonna change again and I am expected to switch between locations and divisions. I used to use it a lot more because I also used to write from my phone on the road but I bought a tablet for that now.

There are no plans rn to replace my phone. It works and I want to be mindful of the environment and not unnecessarily buy a new phone when it still works just because. Next to the fact that most smartphones are produced through child labour in Congo amongst other human right atrocities to produce our devices (see: Cobalt conflict Congo) it also just feels dirty to buy a new one now even if unavoidable.

• Love
Reactions: Lyrikai and Monbon
I have a Samsung Galaxy S10 and I love it. It's a nice phone! I really wanted to get an upgrade though before it finally decides to crap itself out... until my dad got an upgrade to the S23 and I played around with it 'cause he couldn't figure out how to shut it off.... and I discovered that it has a very VERY stupid set up and the buttons needed to shut it off are also stupid and I no longer want one LMAO

...maybe I'll wait for the next model before getting an upgrade

I'm loyal to Motorola since my first mobile :3

• Love
I don't even remember my phone exists most of the time. @_@ Until I wanna take a cat pic or there is an emergency. I really only have it for those rare moments I go somewhere without the hubbo, so if something happens we can reach each other.

It's a few years old now and just a galaxy model I got from net10 >:[ I tend to keep my phones until they can no longer hold a charge and I am forced to get a new one. No sense in sinking money into something I rarely use.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Lyrikai
I've got the new samsung flip because i love the convivence of it actually fitting into girl jean pockets! Its only about 4 months old at this point and I really enjoy it. But I use it for a lot of things. As it doubles for an authenticator for my actual work, then pictures of my son, husband, rogue deer in the yard.

Plus apps I play on it while using it to interact with people in the outside world via text mostly!

• Love
I've had my Samsung Z Flip 3 for about two years now, and I absolutely love it. I don't upgrade my devices often - I'll hold onto and repair them as long as I can - but when I do I like to splurge and get something I really like. When it came time to replace the ol' Galaxy S9, I wanted something that was ~different~ like that one and its curved screen. I think the Galaxy S series had dropped that feature at that point, so I stubbornly refused an upgrade until I heard the latest generation of 'foldable smart phones' was actually useable.

I use my phone...a lot. I wasn't really into cell phones until I started working, and then I only really wanted it for internet usage at work. Did it kill a fraction of my work ethic? Probably. But I could check my RP sites when the store was dead and that's all I wanted. Aside from that and typical phone uses, I use it for simple game apps, identifying succulents, playing music in the car, and an alarm.

• Love
iphone xr product redddddd

im constantly on my phone, for work, play— u name it. also constantly on google maps to map out the parking lots im headin too or jammin music — but i also really love letting my phone die at the end of the day and becoming UNHOOKED FROM THE MATRIX

• Love