Whats your favourite song/piece of music?

LarissaKinley

Edgebabby
Original poster
Invitation Status
  1. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. Multiple posts per day
Online Availability
Working on GMT time so... online most of the day within that time zone.
Writing Levels
  1. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
Fantasy, sci-fi. Fandoms really but I can do non-fandoms. If it's a non-fandom I tend to stick with a DnD type thing so medieval sci-fi but I so desperately want to try DnD in space... It sounds amazing.
Hi people! I hope everyone had a lovely holiday. I'm just curious if it's a thing that people actually have a favourite song or piece of music.

I'm a music student and I find it so hard to decide on a single track

So if you have a favourite let me know, or if you don't have one song but like a style let me know too!

Sorry if this seemed rambley or confusing!!

CANON IN D!!!!

I love just about every rendition I've ever heard. Classic version, techno remix, all of it!

CANON IN D!!!!

I love just about every rendition I've ever heard. Classic version, techno remix, all of it!
Canon is a nice melody. Unfortunately the cello just repeats the same 8 notes 😂
I admit different versions/remixes of things are interesting though so fair enough! I'm glad it gets some love.

Danse Macabre. Just something about it.

I would have to say that one of my absolute favorite music pieces is In the Hall of the Mountain King

I have a notoriously poor ability to make decisions so I don't think I have a favourite song; I could maybe make a top 10 by genre lol.

That being said, two songs came to mind! Sos d'un terrien en détresse from the rock opera Starmania (Dimash Qudaibergen's cover is 💯) and Oblivion by Astor Piazzolla! Neither are very similar to genres I typically listen to (more on the punk rock and indie side) which is probably why they stand out to me lol

I would have said Danse Macabre as well but my high school chamber orchestra did a Saint-Saëns concert which was terrible so I just associate his music with that now lol. He did write some bops tho

Last edited:
Reactions: LarissaKinley
I have a notoriously poor ability to make decisions so I don't think I have a favourite song; I could maybe make a top 10 by genre lol.

That being said, two songs came to mind! Sos d'un terrien en détresse from the rock opera Starmania (Dimash Qudaibergen's cover is 💯) and Oblivion by Astor Piazzolla! Neither are very similar to genres I typically listen to (more on the punk rock and indie side) which is probably why they stand out to me lol

I would have said Danse Macabre as well but my high school chamber orchestra did a Saint-Saëns concert which was terrible so I just associate his music with that now lol. He did write some bops tho
He absolutely did. And yes I have trauma from pianists always playing für elise. That being said, I don't know those two you named! I'll have to check them out, thank you!

• Love
Reactions: Nougat
I would have to say that one of my absolute favorite music pieces is In the Hall of the Mountain King
An absolute classic!

I don't know about favourite (I have trouble remembering anything I like the moment someone asks me to name it), but I quite love The Devil's Trill.

Reactions: LarissaKinley
I don't know about favourite (I have trouble remembering anything I like the moment someone asks me to name it), but I quite love The Devil's Trill.
I will have to check that out!