ROLEPLAY What's a 'red flag' in roleplaying?

A few personal ones:
- When people are in a rush to get an RP from one big scene to the next. Frequent time skips, zero willingness to give everyone an equal opportunity to get their piece in. Been in a few where the rest of the cast (and even GM) literally didn't wait up (some of us have lives outside of RPing and need a day or two to get our posts together).
- Keeping lore details under lock and key (private Discords) instead of on the OOC thread; makes it hard for newcomers to make informed decisions in character creation. In general, keeping the collaborative process behind closed doors is a gripe of mine of late, especailly when it's stuff that the others involved will all have to adapt or adjust to in some way.
- Bringing Uber-powered characters into non-battle-centric RPs. Especially so when it's iterations of an omnipresent character. Basically just being rogue for the sake of being rogue.

Reactions: Reliance
People who intentionally ignore your boundaries. If I say I'm not comfortable roleplaying something, I'm not, and leave it at that. When I was a minor I had adults trying to get me to rp romantic scenarios with them 1 on 1 which... yikes. Then I said I didn't want to and left, and they called this "ghosting"...

Also, people who are excessively nitpicky about literacy. Like sure, you want to be able to comfortably read your rp partner's responses but like, is one typo really the end of the world? Some people act like it is...

2) When they constantly, constantly complain about role-plays dying and that "nobody ever wants to roleplay with them". It makes me think that they don't have anything else going on in their lives, and that they are completely reliant on one niche hobby for their happiness. It's too much pressure. Nobody likes that kind of desperation and negativity.

The flip side on this is of a group is perpetually ignoring one person while continuing to push out posts among each other.

I got two.

1) RPers who try to godmod the encounter in a fight with the nameless NPCs without asking for the GM input. In the same vein, their character can body the NPCs without checking anything about it.

My familiar standard is that it's generally acceptable to fodderize scrub hordes unless otherwise stated by the GM. The greater the NPC the more effort players will have to put into fighting them.

Adding one to my own points: I find that a GM/DM setting up a personal blog in an RP's OOC or Discord. Just kinda rubs me wrong, like they're only really interested in making themselves the center of attention in a not so healthy way.

Reactions: Reliance