What is something society expects of you that you absolutely hate?

WHATT

• Total voters

Diana

LOOK HOW CALM SHE IS
Original poster
ADMINISTRATOR
MYTHICAL MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Not accepting invites at this time
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
10AM - 10PM Daily
Writing Levels
  1. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
Genres
Romance, Supernatural, Fantasy, Thriller, Space Exploration, Slice of Life
AAAAAHHHH WE LIVE IN A SOCIETY

37ce97b49e74b0365c33f47a298776f3.jpg

i'm posting this pic ironically you buttfaces >:[

Society has a lot of rules and sometimes they don't make sense. What's something expected of you because of society standards that you hate?

Last edited:
This is a good question, so I'm wondering why no one has replied (Me included).

Maybe I'm getting a little out of touch in my old age, but it seems people want everyone to wear a layer of paint on their face before they go out into public places. I've never been one for a lot of make-up and I like to think my skin has thanked me for that by being relatively wrinkle free though i am nearing 60 years old. Still, all I see everywhere are people with make-up tutorials and painted on brows and lips. UM...guess what you guys...we KNOW that's not what you really look like...

Society rules.. Hrm.... I think I feel Poet most on the whole make up concept. I kinda stopped doing that whole foundation thing because really most make up just irritates my skin (super sensitive skin anyways), and especially in summer time people are going to know I get RED FACED AS A TOMATO. Even in five seconds of sun, I am -doomed-. People ask me all day every day "Do you have rosatia? Or psoriasis? " Yes unfortunately to the second one, no to the first! I can't even tan but my skin will just gladly burn and be red all day long...stupid crap... anyway another sensitive society rule... Lately people have been talking less and less! I'll be perfectly polite and friendly and say hi or good morning, you know usual morning or after noon small talk blurbs... my reaction response? I get go to hell looks fairly regularly, or just blatantly ignored.

Another pet peeve that may be an oklahoma thing specifically.. Why in the HELL do tenants not have any rights in apartments or condos?!! It makes NO sense at all that a land lord or manager is even remotely responsible for upkeep of the apartment/unit, and will allow crazy bat shit tenants to cost thousands of dollars in their home, and then drive other neighbors out by excessive violence and physical attacks... and yet the police just don't even touch the guy in question.. .I really don't get it... I hate my state though...won't lie. But can't run from it because I can only ever seem to find work here x_X

that i should be the pliant model minority

Reactions: Ardent
Going to university, spend hundreds of money you don't have, only to get the same job as everyone else and start at the same level as everyone else. 🙄

That getting married, and having children should be considered the 'ultimate' achievement in life for everyone.

Last edited:
When people say something racist and expect me to "take a joke"

When people find out I'm Japanese and immediately ask if I like anime.

"Asians are good at math"

"Why do you have an English name if you're Japanese"

The list goes on.

Last edited:
If I do the job correctly in less time, then I'm expected to do more with "time remaining."
Work measured by 8 hour days is nonsense.

Filial piety.

Nothing against the concept itself. The expectations that comes with it, however.