DISCUSSION MUSIC What do you listen to during long road trips?

rissa

the clairvoyant pterodactyl
Original poster
VENGEANCE
DONATING MEMBER
MYTHICAL MEMBER
So I'll be driving my second 6+ hour long road trip here soon and outside of packing, I'm trying to figure out what's the best way to listen to music while on the road! I know for sure I'll be hitting dead spots along the way where Spotify and Youtube will disconnect, so I was thinking about downloading some songs onto a microSD card and playing it on the lil speaker I have (my van doesn't have an aux cord, sadly), but I was wondering if there's a better way.

Anyone know if you can "offline download" Spotify and Youtube stuff nowadays or is that a thing of the past? 😔

• This Gives Me Plot Bunnies
Reactions: sele
You can still download ur Playlist from Spotify for when it drops. And in that matter, my main list on Spotify is like 1600 songs, so mostly listen to that.

Otherwise audible for books that me and the husband will enjoy

• Useful
Reactions: rissa
You can still download ur Playlist from Spotify for when it drops. And in that matter, my main list on Spotify is like 1600 songs, so mostly listen to that.

ok this is gunna sound dumb but should i download it thru my lappy or phone? like 🤔 will it sync on my phone or sjhould i just do it from there sjkdfksjfg

ok this is gunna sound dumb but should i download it thru my lappy or phone? like 🤔 will it sync on my phone or sjhould i just do it from there sjkdfksjfg
You can download it off either or. So long as its the same account, it will download on the other option after you log into that.

I usually download all my music anyway because it's coming from a Steam soundtrack purchase or Bandcamp or itch or sources. Whenever I've got a long drive coming up I'll either save my podcast episodes for the road and/or put on my eight hour and counting anime music playlist and/or one of my artist playlists.

So I'll be driving my second 6+ hour long road trip here soon and outside of packing, I'm trying to figure out what's the best way to listen to music while on the road! I know for sure I'll be hitting dead spots along the way where Spotify and Youtube will disconnect, so I was thinking about downloading some songs onto a microSD card and playing it on the lil speaker I have (my van doesn't have an aux cord, sadly), but I was wondering if there's a better way.

Anyone know if you can "offline download" Spotify and Youtube stuff nowadays or is that a thing of the past? 😔
you could also download youtube videos/music on Y2mate for free. then you have both offline! :)