War of Monsters (IC)

Thistle Thisbe〛- Town of Yarren - Southern Plaza

Thistle's amber eyes darted to the forest edge where the large brut spoke, partially surprised he still remained. The monster was quiet for such a big guy, but she hid her emotions beyond a neutral mask. "A day...," Thistle repeated, not at all liking that ominous answers. "Not if I have anything to say about it." She promised, a determined smile on her lips. She looked the large monster over once more, spying the markets of past fights that marred his hide. Despite his earlier aggressions part of her understood his reasonings. But she didn't pity him.

Turning her gaze back to the group, Thistle grinned, "A man of many names and a silvered tongue I see." She replied, "I pleasure to make your acquaintance." The final part was directed towards everyone present. "Draigg, Moki, and Sir Baratos." Thistle gave them each a nod of recognition in turn, eyes twinkling at the small monster with delight. "I am Thistle Thisbe."

So many new mysteries to unravel; a powerful stranger, a mysterious, transforming monster, a righteous knight from the Templar order, and...

Thistle turned to face the big one. "Might you have a name?"

Rumbling he walked out upon his tails. Each one acting as a limb and they carried him with surprising ease to his opponents. Often strong enough to throw other monsters or carry him up cliffs with speed. Stopping a few paces from the group he lowered himself to the ground and his tails melded back to their singular resting form "My name is Khan. Champion of the pits" he said one hand closed around his spear. Looking at the others he matched their names to faces.

Draigg, i look forward to fighting you sometime. As well as you....Holy Man Baratos" he had some respect in his tone but along with a slight growl when speaking to the knight "As for you" he said towards the magic user "I may enjoy watching you kill Brava soldiers with magic. Or experience it sometime if we ever decide to Thistle" looking at Moki he went to speak but could only shrug. He honestly had no idea how to interact with the creature.

"Now Draigg, I don't know what your selling. Do you have a plan to deal with the scum of this land? Or can i go on my way and kill them where i find them?" he let his tone sound friendly but his eyes told much more than his voice ever could. He wanted to fight its all he knew. He felt slightly irked at the thought of being pressed against combat

[Draigg] - Town of Yarren - Southern Plaza

Draigg regarded the small cat thing, who addressed them selves as Moki, with a subtle nod of his head. As a wandering beast, Draigg made it a habit of his to be observant of his surroundings, even the tiniest creatures can end up being very big problems... Thankfully, Moki seemed harmless enough. The knight Solomon was just as Draigg expected, a holy man on the path of righteous justice. He has heard of his order once before, though only through a rumor that they were extinct... It would seem those rumors were far from the truth. "Don't thank me just yet, knight of the Templars. There's still work to be done here." Draigg said to Solomon, as he turned his attention Thistle. Thistle... He knows that name, though he's never once met the Queen in person... As a matter of fact, This would be his first encounter with royalty."Thistle... You are the Queen of Witches? How curious... you are much more... Luminous, than the tales portray you to be." Draigg remarked, with a smug grin hiding beneath his cloak. Normally, Draigg wouldn't care much for women... Especially when it came to humans. Though Thistle gleamed with... something Draigg couldn't quite explain himself... something warm, but Draigg couldn't place the word of it... Though Draigg would never say this out loud to someone he just met, at least not in a situation like this... Then there was the beast known as Kahn, and from the sounds of it... he is a Champion of one of the Brava Families underground fighting rings. Draigg has only seen one of these once, and it sickened him to his core that humans could be so cruel... However, having spent much of his life in The Forsaken sector and The Barrons, Draigg knew that monsters can be just as unforgivable."I'm not trying to "sell" anything, just trying to not get caught up in the crossfire of an aftermath yet to come." Draigg would pause to examine the bodies. Though he knew from the start they were Brava, he needed to know which sub-faction they belonged to in order to properly formulate a plan... They were from one of the distant branch Families, meaning that some of them are likely not even related to their head at all. These men and women were merely fodder, foot soldiers to draw out potentially dangerous prey or to capture weaker creatures. This meant that Kahn was correct, more of them will be coming, assuming they haven't reported to their leader in a while. "Alright, I have four solutions to the problem at hand... Thanks to our new friend Khan, the Brava Family are likely on their way as we speak with some less... Nice, associates to greet us. If we don't act now this town is history. Option One is we evacuate the town as fast as possible and get the civilians away from here before the Brava show up... Though given how little time we have AND the nature of today, That's probably going to cause a panic... Option two is that we give them Kahn, it's him they are after and as far as they know we are but bystanders who saw a horrific beast do some horrific things... But, I think I don't need to say why that's a shitty idea... Then there's Option three... We take the Brava head on, with the help from the Witches of the Witching Woods we can attempt to push back their forces and drive them out of the forest. Though I'd rather avoid a fight if at all possible, sometimes one must bloody their hands to stay alive..." Draigg took a moment to pause, and let the others absorb what he had to say... As well as hope they don't even ask about door number four.

Last edited:
Moki listened to Draigg's list of options intently. If the Brava family were something to be afraid of, especially for those in the group that were stronger than him, then option three was out of the window. Looking back at Kahn, Moki didn't think that he would be willing to go back to the pits, Moki didn't think their odds of forcing him would work either. It would have to be option one, but what would get everyone out of town during a festival?

The sounds of trumpets broke his train of thought, but gave Moki a brilliant idea. He tugged on Draigg's cloak bottom to get his attention and said the word: "Parade?" He then made stomping motions towards the forest, and then pointed at the witch and made wiggly finger motions towards the townspeople. Despite this probably not making any sense to anyone else, Moki looked expectantly at the others regardless.

Khan. The witch queen filed the information away, taking a moment to really look the beast over. He didn't seem openly malicious but he was still dangerous. Her lips tightened at Khan's comment but Thistle gave him no verbal reply. She only fought to protect and defend, and she most certainly only killed if it was the only option or if she deemed something to deadly a threat. Despite Thistle distaste she had a sinking suspicion that she may have to face Khan in the future but pushed away those thoughts when the Draigg addressed her.

Amber eyes jumped from Khan to him, tension draining to a more at ease expression. Her brow arched at his comment, surprised that he knew just who she really was. Now Thistle was sure never mentioned that. A smile quirked her lips and she rested a hand on her hip. "Luminous you say," She chuckled, shaking her head. "The tales grow more extravagant by the day." The queen said with a chuckle. "But yes, you guessed correctly." She mused, before she listened intently to his analysis of the situation. It certainly was a shitty one. And Thistle didn't quite like the odds either, no matter what option they took the townspeople would still be in harms way and Thistle didn't doubt that Brava wouldn't try to use them as hostages.

So when the smallest of the individuals present perked up with inspiration Thistle was all ears, watching Moki's gestures with interest. Amber eyes darted between Moki, the town, and the forest, the cogs in her head slowly turning until she believed she had an idea of what he was suggesting. "Hmmm, a parade can be distracting, just enough to draw Brava's attention away from the town." Thistle nodded, turning back to assess the town carefully, weighing and calculative. "I know a spell that could essentially hide the town, a kind of veil really. Normally casting a magic circle big enough to cover and entire town would be practically impossible alone but," She turned looking down at Moki with a grin. "That should be an easy fix."

She turned to the others. "It will be risky but drawing Brava away from town would be far easier than evacuating the people, if I understood you correctly Moki," She added, looking to the small monster for confirmation.

Khan gave a sinister grin as he looked down at Moki "Thank you little one. You have given me a splendid idea" His eyes resting on Draigg his grin never faded as he thought of his plan. Yes it wasn't perfect but few plans were. Defensive or offensive there were always flaws "Though this one may have not said it clearly the witch did. And in fact, i have a small plan that may make sense. Though i am not usually all for saving others but i cannot do this alone. So......i will need some help He turned looking at the holy man the entire time as he continued. His eyes never leaving the gap where the humans eyes should be.

"They are after me and as far as they know only i have killed their soldiers. So your second option makes sense. But if say.....a righteous man saw the beast do so and was chasing the beast out of the city. They would follow this.....determined soul thinking he will do their work for them. The Brava's are many things but most of all they are opportunistic cowards" Stepping closer he then was nearly standing over the man "Then when the battling ensues and they see you killing me......they will watch and wait. The rest of this rag tag band will remain in the shadows and surround the group without their knowledge. Then.....you will cut off my head Holy Man" He said with a toothy grin. Not caring how insane and suicidal it sounded. Knowing he will not hold back when fighting the human nor would he expect the man do hold back either "I have survived worse. But they haven't seen me die in such a way. So this may give us a surprise chance. When their guard falls we slaughter them all" He said clenching his fist seeming to surge with anticipation. His eyes glowing with what could be said as sadistic joy "So what do you say Holy Man? Do you like the plan? I certainly do" He said as his jaws chattered nearly on the edge of laughter

Last edited:
Solomom put his hand to his chin in deep thought. After a few moments he looked up at Khan. "I agree with your proposal, getting those ruffians away from the town would make things much easier," He answered, ready to follow through with the plan. The holy man was more than ready to fight the Brava family, he had been hunting them for weeks. Now that he had a chance to put a stop to their endeavors, he would not squander that chance.

The knight looked up at the lizard. "But hear this creature, if any of them drop their weapons in surrender they shalt not come to harm. There is no honor in killing an unarmed foe," Solomon said with determination, not willing to stoop to the level of savagery that Khan had previously displayed. "That goes for the rest of you," He announced while turning to the others. "We do this by the book, that means no unecessary casualties. We are here to stop them not create another blood bath," He finished before turning and walking over to Moki. "Little one, I am not sure how thy powers work, but keep an eye on the lizard if you will. You seem to be the only one dangerous enough to prevent him from going on a rampage," He whispered to the small creature, out of earshot of the others.

[Draigg] - Town of Yarren - Southern District

The Parade never once crossed Draigg's mind as an option to repel the Brava Family, how careless of him to not use the environment to his advantage. Moki's plan wasn't even a bad idea, the question is though... How was this plan going to be executed? It's not like they could just hijack a float in broad daylight, not to mention The Brava Family's reinforcements weren't even hear yet. And who's to say there would be that many of them? Questions like this though could wait, what they need now is a plan... Though if the Witch Queen had an idea, the least he would do was hear her out. "Well I did tell you all of my idea's, it's only fair I hear all of your's... Moki's Idea to use the Parade is a good one... So how are we going to pull this off exactly?" Draigg inquired to the Queen and Moki, with a tone of curiosity faintly present.... That was about when the beast known as Khan presented his idea... Or more accurately, his challenge to Solomon. who for some reason didn't think Draigg did have what it took to face down the lizard. With a smug chuckle, Draigg looked to Khan... "Don't be so sure about that, Solomon... Not everything is as it seems." He would say, slowly making an approach towards Khan. Although He has taken down creatures far larger than him, Draigg still has never seen anything like Khan. He would rather avoid a fight, but Khan didn't seem like he was leaving the group with many options. "If its a battle you have your heart set on, allow me to present you with my, LAST idea... You are correct when you say the Brava Family are opportunists, but if they are aware of your... durability... I'm Afraid they will not be fooled so easily.... They may be cowards... but they are not idiots." Draigg paused for a moment to limber up once more, this time cracking his knuckles. "If you truly want to fool them, if you really want to set them up, they need to see you lose to a beast more powerful, than you are..." Draigg finished by walking back to his original spot, Only hoping that he got through to this creature... If a Fight could be avoided, then Draigg would take what ever actions he needed to in a heart beat, but if he had no choice... He could only hope he could do so without showing off just who he really is.

Last edited:
Moki watched with earnest as Thistle broke down his poor excuse for communication. The prospect of making the town hidden from the Brava family excited him, and his tail swung from side to side with anticipation. When asked for confirmation from the witch, he replied with a pleasant purr and a nod.

He smiled when the beast known as Khan thanked him, and listened intently to his proposal. The thought of luring the Family away from the town was a good one, but the thought of cutting someone's head off was odd to Moki. He was durable, but even he didn't think he could survive decapitation. What kind of creature was Kahn, anyway?

Solomon's speech on honor and chivalry inspired Moki, and he nodded in earnest when the man gestured to each person for their compliance with his code. Moki rose on his hind legs and listened intently as the knight whispered to him, and he nodded at the knight's task. He could definitely keep up with Kahn under the right circumstances, but he didn't know if he had what it took to take him on. His faith in him inspired him nonetheless.

Draigg listened intently as everyone presented their ideas. Not only did he like Kahn's idea to have his head cut off, but Draigg insisted that he was the one to do it. As he spoke, Moki could feel the intensity rise from the cloaked figure, making the hair on his body stand up. Once that was over, however, he did bring up a good point on how this was all going to fit together.

Moki went to the center of the group and began drawing in the dirt with his claws. He made an attempt of the town, as well as a stick figure of the witch riding a broom, then circled the town. Then he took four random objects from the forest and pointed at each one and then a person, signifying what they were representing. After that he sat a little bit away from his masterpiece and watched how everyone reacted to it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Moki's positive response made Thistle smile fondly. That was about when everyone began to offer up ideas on how to execute the diversion. Draigg made a good point. A parade would definitely be a distraction but from Draigg's curious response Thistle had the impression that he was probably thinking of an actual parade. "Hmmm, let me think..."

The town was right in the middle of a festival but trying to direct floats out into the forest without placing innocent lives at risk would be impossible. However, whoever said a parade needed floats?

Thistle nodded to Solomon, agreeing to his request of mercy. The witch queen had no intention of killing unless she had to. "Well said good knight," She hummed in agreement, crossing her arms and holding her chin with one hand as she began to think, ignoring the other three for the moment. While she tried to formulate a plan her eyes were drawn to Moki who seemed to scratching something into the ground. Curious, Thistle walked over to study the little monster's work over his shoulder, amber eyes quickly taking in the crud shapes and symbolism. She grinned.

"Excellent idea Moki." Thistle praised, inspired by the monster's creativity and squatted down to get a closer look. The witch queen grabbed the four objects and began to place them outside of the circle, raising her arm and waving the others over. "I believe a brawl would definitely grab the Brava's attention," Thistle began, leaning back so everyone could see. "However if we want to disable their party I believe an ambush would be far more suitable, especially if Brava is not expecting it." Her eyes turned to Draigg and Moki. "They seem to know that Khan is here and I am sure if they witnessed him fighting Solomon that would not appear out of the ordinary. And we could use their ignorance of your's and Moki's existence to our advantage." Thistle explained.

"I will cast my illusion spell with help from my witches but I will need time. If I may, Khan," Thistle said, looking to the beast, "and Solomon, you would resume your fight in the woods to draw their attention away, heading south until you find a sandy knoll. There you wait until Brava strikes, perhaps providing a farce that encourages their involvement, such as both of you feinting injury or exhaustion." Thistle explained, using the objects to illustrate her plan. "This is where Moki and Draigg come in. While Brava is distracted you both will reveal yourselves and and instill confusion. Before Brava can regroup Khan and Solomon will join the attack." The pieces moved in on the x's that Thistle labeled as the Brava. "I will lead the witches in from the air once the circle has been placed and provide support. If all ends well, we'll have the Brava surrounded remove any chances of retreat."

By the time the witch was done talking Khan was beyond excited. He had wanted to fight the Holy Man. Even if the plan meant he would die by him. But the chance to fight this one? To fight this Draigg was beyond tempting. It was a challenge he couldn't say no to. He hadn't met anyone who would be capable of beating him. His words made him want to begin right now "Very well Draigg. I will enjoy dying or losing to you. Well you will have to earn it but still. You may even earn my respect if you win without me having to fake it" He said with a sadistic grin. However what the Holy Man said made everything no fun. Turning to him Khan let his tail blade touch against his armored chest "Don't go giving mercy to these people human. They would gladly surrender then stab you in the back. Mercy is wasted on them. However if you are using such mercy to interrogate them i would gladly do so. Making a Brava soldier scream is good fun" Moving his tail back behind him Khan looked around smelling the air. Gore and blood was still on the air which made quite the pleasing aroma.

Looking to Thistle he gave the same toothy grin "When your witches arrive i hope they hit me a few times. Would gladly experience some magic, for show of course" If having them hit him a few times made the show better great. If it was to make him feel some magic attacks all the better. Smelling the air again he was greeted by the same sweet aroma as before. But his instincts told him that time for them wasn't infinite. Looking at Draigg he rumbled "If we are to begin setting this up let us start now. Waiting much longer will be boring" He said calmly. Holding his spear with his left hand he was more than ready for this challenge. He could feel it in his bones that this was going to be a fun one.

Solomon nods his head at the plan. "Yes, an ambush would be perfect, I'm ready to enact the plan," He said before pointing to Khan. "Come beast, let us resume our glorious squabble and trick those Brava fiends," He announced with vigor. This would be the perfect opportunity to test Khan's power. After all, knowing a potentially enemy's weakness is key to defeating them in the end. He waited for the others to get ready.

Solomon looked to the witch. He was always cautious around magic as it was unpredictable and unstable in the wrong hands. Of course, during his journeys he found ways to nullify the arcane arts to limited extents, but the witch looked to be far beyond your typical arcanist. She radiated power that only someone with knowledge of magic could sense. Luckily, since he read and studied Fundamentals of the Aether, a book that existed within the archives of the church, he knew the basic mechanics and rules of how magic operated. This was beneficial as many magicians took advantage of their enemies ignorance of magic to trick and triumph over them. But if a warrior at least knew how magic worked, it would make it easier to fight on even ground.