LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
Greetings~

I'm a long-term lurker of the site, who is unjustifiably curious about niche little communities like these. I love seeing the way things grow and shrink, and the way things change over time. Communities like Iwaku, that have been around a very long time, with members that have literally grow up here, is a perfect candidate. So, I've been diving deep, digging up former staff members and seeing their time here, as well as some events and gems that mark the sites history.

One such find, buried deep in total obscurity, is the Iwaku Radio Show.

Composed of literally a single episode (And a pilot episode featuring Vey) with just shy of 100 views, it features some truly adorable and poor video and audio editing, from the way-back time of 2011! In it, a certain special guest essentially answers questions from the FAQ and gets quizzed on site policy and some, at the time, recent changes being made. I love it, mostly because of the bit where it mentions the intense influx of new members. Oh how time has changed~ I was still playing Adventure Quest back in 2011, so this really takes me back, especially in conjunction with some of my other research into certain members accounts that go back as early as 2009.

It also features the actual voice of a certain collection-of-owls-masquerading-as-a-person: @Diana

Here is a link to the lovely video. I just had to share, it's too adorable.

Behold, in all it's glory:

In addition, other episodes were indeed made up to 2011! However, they seem to be gone. Diana herself talked about it in a thread celebrating a "Blast from the past". And can be seen here:

Last edited:
I always enjoy rediscovering old stuff and reminiscing about some of the really cool and awesome projects! The radio show was a lot of work, but it was also super neat and fun.

You wouldn't happen to, perhaps, have access or maybe an archive of the missing episodes would you~?

Least we end up with some iwaku lost media lol.

Alas, I do not! A lot of past episodes got wiped during one of many youtubes many copyright strike purges D:

It was Rory's fault. I totally still have all the shows somewhere on my old computer.....

oh my god I remember this....

I'm already embarrassed and I didn't even need to listen/look at it.