TimeStamp™

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Soul Lady said no...​

Gabriel stared dumbfounded for a second at his soulmate, trying to absorb what exactly it was she was saying at the moment. Someone who didn't want a soul mate was new to him, shocked him rather. He knew they were out there, having weird life circumstances that caused them to hate the very idea of relationships. Was she one of those people? She had to be... Gabe was pretty attractive and quirky enough to be called cute as hell. Many people wished he was their soul mate... despite being a general freak.

"I-I.. what?" he responded, trying to keep his jaw from dropping, resulting in a funny twitch. He dropped his head though and shook it. "No no no, this can't be right." he muttered, looking off in the opposite direction and tapping his foot on the ground rather aggressive, thinking as his "partner" busied herself getting his drink. What could have possibly happened to this girl? What did he have to do to get to her? The more he thought about it the more it turned into one of his social games.

Gabe resolved that he'd become at least friends with this girl. He'd wiggle his way into her mind and heart and chisel away at whatever walls she had up. That's how he worked with everyone close to him in his life. Mask hard hitting questions with quirky remarks, and affection with witty sarcasm.

"Who was it...? Someone broke your heart. Who was it?" he asked when she came back with his drink. "Or are you just afraid of commitment naturally?" he asked, not smiling at all.

LOL This isn't happening​

When Salem dropped to the floor to help clean up Jonathan took a moment to catch his wits. It was a guy, he was rather cute, and his name was sexy as hell. The problem was he seemed slightly unbalanced as if he was coming off of a high or... he was in the midst of a hang over. Great, a drunk. Jonathan mentally scoffed at that before bending down and cleaning up as well, picking up what wasn't damaged and pushing to the side what was, enjoying the silence for a moment and avoiding the fact he had just freaked he hell out. He was still breathing like an overheated dog.

Soon he stood up planning to go get something to clean up the broken parts but froze in his habits to remember he was with his soulmate. What was today? Meeting a soul mate? God fucking damn. "I-I normally don't knock everything over when I freak out... I just... it was an impulse..." he said, just audible enough Salem could hear him, quite enough to seem bashful. He held one arm with a hand and bit his lip as cliche as it seemed possible and swayed a bit, trying to get brave enough to do something other than act like a total freak.

"Look... I-I'm gonna go get something to clean this up and talk to my manager... we have a 'leave for the day if you find your soulmate at work' policy... correct me if I'm wrong but we got some things to discuss don't we?" he said, voice cracking in anxiety every time he referred to him and Salem as "we."

Reactions: nikki.13
Erika
superthumb.jpg

She looked startled, very briefly, before her shoulders set into a line. Her back bone turning stiff.

"Well, sir,"

She began voice even and eyes burning with determination,

"Your going to have to physically remove me. Sir."

His harsh words had cut her, sure, but she wasn't one to walk away. She never acted in her own interest. Really, this was going to end up like the protest of the pet shop on the corner of fifth and march avenue, wasn't it? She just hoped she could manage this battle without ending up without needing to be bailed out of jail...again. (Look, you chain yourself to a shop door one time and the police never let you live it down!)

divider_1.gif

Salem
5f2cf0267694637.jpg

"...Good company policy." He mumbled to himself more then anything else. Before he shot him a rather tired grin, "Well, at least were both not at our best. Makes for a level playing field. Your freaking out and I'm more then a little hung over." He winced as it left him, suddenly being hit with the realization of how awful this situation actually was. "I need to go grab a Gatorade, anyways. Refuel and all that. You go do what you need to do, I'll meet you up front when your done."

divider_1.gif

Kimiko
23-54-31-24-11.jpg

The second her wrist buzzed her blood turned to sludge in her veins. This wasn't happening. It was only when her....soulmate....coughed to cover up the sound that she was knocked from her shock and moved into action. She smiled charmingly while sitting, slipping her watch off one wrist and onto the other covering up the string of zeros marked now with this woman's name. "A pleasure."

divider_1.gif

tumblr_nqtgxllssh1uvbuqlo4_500.gif

M A S O N P H E O N I X

The way Nicholas said it, it sounded like he was put down by it. So he was gay. Mason felt awful, he was so confused. "Well I.." Mason felt weird talking about such sensitive stuff with a stranger, but then again, they weren't gonna be strangers for long, "I don't know. I just haven't, been with a guy." He said quietly, fiddling with the camera and computer. He sighed, "I don't know. But, we're soulmates, heh." Mason looked up to Nicholas, shrugging. The stamp wouldn't lie, maybe Mason had to figure it out.

"I was with this girl since I discovered I could like girls, so I didn't exactly get the experience other people had..." He said quietly, getting the image up on his lightbox. Mason sat down, putting pen to paper, "What design would you like over the name?" He asked.

tumblr_me81qmOr5E1rt2432.gif

T A S H O ' C O N N O R

As the meeting went on, Tash sat in silence for the most part, her hand gripping her stamp. Jason spent most of it talking with the woman, her soulmate. She felt awful. Well she had no qualms with a woman as a soulmate, Kimmie looked just like the type of woman Tash would like, but she was married.

"Would you excuse me, I need to use the bathroom." Jason quickly removed himself from the room. As soon as he was out of sight, Tash turned to her soulmate, "Did you get this?" She pulled up her sleeve to show her timestamp, "I can't believe it..." She whispered.
tumblr_lwyv8fJWph1qcqzpi.gif

D O R I A N S T O R M E

As soon as she began to dance, Dorian was delighted. She certainly knew how to move. He moped about behind her, his hands occasionally gracing her hips as he danced. He wasn't too bad at dancing, but he was a white male, which didn't gift him quite as well as Xiomara was.

"Hm? Oh well, I'm P.hD, M.D, a licensed therapist." He said, "I just help people who ask for it. And some who don't." He shrugged. "What about you? What do you get up to?"​

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Mundane Monster
Nate Burchett
tumblr_nil5vuhleW1ro96rao2_500.jpg

Well god damn she was a feisty one, wasn't she? His eyes narrowed as she underhandedly insulted him. Nate prided himself on his skills; sure, there were enough desperate, overly horny women in the world, but they didn't settle for less than perfection- and he was perfection. At least he was in every woman's eyes except for Circe's. There was something aggravating as well as insanely sexy about the fact she was so young yet had such a mouth on her. If he was a decent man, he would have politely stepped back and given her free reign on how she wanted to proceed on the whole timestamp thing. But Nate was not a decent man.

"I'm sure you're often paid for more than that pretty face," he muttered. Actually, he hated to admit it, but Circe was one of the most well put-together ladies he'd hired in a long time. She was elegant and sassy, and the combination killed him. If only she would stop pretending she wasn't attracted to him, their night would be wild. When she practically spat in his face, he jolted his head back. The strange mix of amusement and irritation flooded back through his veins, and he was left dumbfounded once again as she got inside of the limo and told him to sit. Huh. A domineering woman? That was a new one, too.

He pursed his lips and entered the limo behind her, sitting across from her so he could clearly read her face. The driver started the car, but Nate called over to him to ensure he and his soulmate would have enough time to speak. The charity event could wait. "Drive until I say stop." The driver replied with a quick "yes sir", and Nate hoped the exchange reminded Circe that he was still the one in control of this little meeting.

He leaned back, glancing over her frame once more as the limo began to move. "I'll listen on one condition: you stop calling me 'grandpa.'" he rose an eyebrow and leaned over the mini fridge to his right, pulling out a bottle of champagne and two glasses. He poured the drinks while he continued to speak. "And you should know something, sweetheart--" he leaned over so his face was close to hers once more, offering her a glass. "I've never been good at following rules."

~~~~~~
Cris Knight
tumblr_inline_nlkqqhDwqG1scq4k2.gif

"Who was it? Someone broke your heart, who was it? Or are you just afraid of commitment naturally?

What the fuck? Cris almost spit out her drink as she stared incredulously as the man. Who did he think he was to be asking her so many questions, assume so many things about her? Clearly he had an issue with rejection, or maybe he was crazy enough to belief all the soulmate shit. She had hoped they would get through this meeting with patience and calm from both sides, but now the denim-clad man had ignited a fire, and there was no stopping it.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know you were my therapist," she shot back with an eyebrow raised. "I don't want to be your soulmate or anyone's soulmate. Sometimes it's just that simple." Even as she spoke, she remembered the broken images of her father driving away as her mother stood silently on their porch. Cris had only been four at the time, but the atmosphere had always stuck with her: that was the day she knew she would never get married. The day her mother died was the day she knew love was toxic. And today was the day she confirmed both of those beliefs.

"If you're that desperate to find someone, I suggest you visit another bar. Because your luck has just about run out at this one." She angrily scooted away from him and walked back behind the counter, already trying to forget they had ever met.

~~~~~
Sam McClelland
Dom-inception-2010-26704786-480-200.gif

"You are going to have to physically remove me, sir."

Sam took a step back and stared at the character in front of him. Out of everything she'd said, those words were the ones he truly heard. Those were the ones that cut through his anger and stabbed into his heart, though not to reveal happiness or even curiosity. No, those were the words that reminded him of what he had said to Marcy that had led to her death. Sam closed his eyes for a brief moment, and the memory pierced him as fresh and painful as ever before.

"We're going to be okay," he tried to reassure her. They were laying in bed, basking in the aftermath of their lovemaking. Marcy was curled against his side like a scared kitten, and even though he couldn't see her face, he knew she was crying. "You are going to have to physically, literally take yourself out of my life for a bunch of numbers to change things."

He had said the words jokingly in an effort to show her how far-off the thought was that he was supposed to be with someone else. But at the end of the day he would come home from work, and he would blame himself for putting the idea in her head.

He opened his eyes and he found himself in a state of loathing more powerful that the moments before. Because now not only did he hate the woman in front of him, but he also hated himself. He always did, but not the feelings were at the forefront of his mind, and there was no stopping him.

Sam stepped forward and firmly took the girl by her shoulders, making sure not to injure her but also making sure she got the point. "I swear to God this will be the last time we ever talk. Do not come in my way again."

He picked up his briefcase and brushed past the girl while he still had his sanity.​

Erika
superthumb.jpg

Maybe it was mean spirited, maybe it was just frustration talking. But she puffed up with a pout.

"I'll see you tomorrow. After class. Look foreword to it."

She watched him go with sagging shoulders and a heavy heart. She might as well let her friends know what was going on. They might be able to give her some kind of advice, lord knew she didn't know what to do. She hummed before scooping up her bag and pulling her phone free. She nibbled on her lip while trying to decide who she should get ahold of first. Maybe a group message?

divider_1.gif

Kimiko
23-54-31-24-11.jpg

She eye'd her wrist coldly, "That doesn't matter. We continue on, there was nothing to hear. Nothing to say. Etc. Now have you considered a color scheme for the ceremony? Warm colors are really in season as of late. Though, depending on the venue that might not be the best option."

divider_1.gif

Salem's Last Post

tumblr_nbsvueX5VR1s804p0o1_500.gif

Nicholas Keahi
divider_650.png

When Mason said he hadn't been with a guy, Nicholas felt a renewed since of hope. So he could be gay, but he just didn't know it! Or he could be straight. Either way, Nicholas just hoped they could at least stay in contact, maybe just be friends, he'd heard of cases like that. Granted he hoped that in his case the 'just be friends' thing could turn into a more than platonic relationship, but he wouldn't rush it. And the way Mason said it, it seemed as though he'd only been in one relationship. Nicholas could work with that. Broaden his horizons and all...

Nicholas inhaled sharply, not wanting his mind to go in that direction without even being sure if Mason wanted a romantic relationship. Not that he was going to ask now. Maybe they could go on a few dates first. Or play twenty questions. Or skype. Nicholas was good with anything really.

"The design?" Nicholas repeated dumbly. He'd completely forgotten the reason why he was there in the first place and had to rake his mind for a bit before remembering what he wanted. "Oh! Yes, I was hoping that you could turn it into a Hawaiian tribal tattoo." He said, pulling up a picture on his phone. It has taken him weeks to figure this out, because he just couldn't see any other way to turn his 'Natalie' tattoo into something else. He'd finally decided on the tribal tattoo as a way of paying homage to his heritage, and plus it was probably easier to turn this mistake into a series of patterns. "Would that be possible?"
tumblr_inline_ml7qodDng21qz4rgp.gif

Xiomara Castillo
divider.png

Jesus fucking Christ he was a shrink.

Xiomara hated. Hated. HATED. Shrinks. She'd been to over ten different shrinks in her childhood and teenagers years, not including the school psychologists, and she'd hated every one of them. She hated being analyzed and told what to do, and every time she even saw a shrink whether they were involved with her or not, she just wanted to shove her foot up their ass. So it was safe to say that her attitude towards, Dorian, changed a little teensy bit.

She let out a dry humorless laugh, and flipped her hair over her shoulder. "I'm a real estate agent." She said simply, as she dipped her fingers into her bra and withdrew her card and handed it to him. "I do commercial and residential properties."

She slowed her dancing to a steady groove. "So you help people even when they don't ask for your assistance? You must have a lot of enemies."

Cue Freak the Fuck Out

Jonathan nodded slowly when Salem said he was going somewhere else. the young transboy didn't know what to do with himself at the moment so he kinda just... ran off without saying a word. Literally ran. Goddammit he was such a child. Running off at the mere idea that he was going to find himself tied down to his soulmate. It wasn't necessarily a bad thing he didn't guess... Like, supposed to be, falling in love was a form of freeing yourself. You got to become something better than just a person, you got to become a pair, a couple. Chains weren't formed by one link after all right?

Ugh. He shook his head as he grabbed a mop and a broom from the supply closet in the back and went to go back toward the messed isle, hoping Salem was gone for the moment, Jonathan needed a little time to get his head straight on his shoulders before he did something he'd regret... like slinging all those products off the shelf and onto the floor.

When he got to the isle he quickly got to work cleaning it so as not to keep Salem waiting too long. But he purposely went a bit slower than he could actually do because of, you know, reasons. He couldn't be caught being giddy about this, and he wouldn't be caught brooding over it. Damn he was such a prude sometimes god fucking dammit. Always screwing with the way people perceive him and not ever really being himself.... he should do that more often.... maybe Salem could help with that?

Oh god. Fuck. No. Salem could not.... or could he?

DEFEAT

"Not... looking? Hah." Gabriel said to his soulmate as she blew up at him. "Oh well, I guess I have no choice but to settle for friendship right? Friendship is okay right?" He asked, actually quite hopeful about it. "It's okay if you don't want a soul mate... I guess? But we can still be friends right? Maybe not all soulmates are romantic?" he said with a wink. Oh god he was an awful flirt. He really needed to work on that... especially when the woman officially stated she had no interest. Pursue much further and he could come off quite rapey and that was not ok.

"If you're gonna say no to that, I must apologize cause I'll keep coming here since I know where you work. I like drinking on the weekends anyway, maybe I could bring part of the firm here sometime..." Gabe trailed off a little bit, realizing he wasn't going anywhere with this. She wasn't interested... that was it right? No. He was gonna keep trying. This girl was his soulmate dammit and he had to understand why.

But at the moment he was kinda at a loss, he resolved to get his drink and go. "Look... sorry, I'll take my drink and then leave if I have to, it's no big deal... I guess. I just wanted to figure out why we were soulmates. The idea is just a novelty to me, I could honestly get by by myself." he confessed, sounding a little defeated. Damn woman... this must be what it felt like to be rejected by someone you had a crush on back before soulmates didn't exist.

Circe Kensington

It seemed that the sir was starting to understand who was in the lead there. Though he might have had the money Circe was still the Kensington princess, still the one with more connections, power and influence. Smirking a little the girl took the glass, leaning back with a confident smirk. She knew what she was made of and knew her worth, of course she wouldn't let this man have his way so easily. It didn't seem like it either that Nathaniel was letting her have her way so quickly, but that didn't matter, it only meant that she had to push him down a little further. She took it as a mission to tarnish his pride at the end of their so-called date, having him beg for her in a pitiful manner. Soulmate or not, Circe was out there to crush him.

"That is a simple condition," she laughed at the man, mentally shaking her head at how simple-minded he was. Sex, sex, sex, was all he surely thought of and what he seemed to get enough as well. Scoffing a little the female noted how she wasn't going to give any of that tonight. No, this man needed to be taught a lesson and she was the perfect teacher for that. Crossing her legs the woman gave him another haughty look when he claimed casually not to be good with rules. Another smirk ghosted over her face as she played with the liquid in her glass before sipping it. "Sure, I just hope that your wallet is filled then, I would hate to send the courts after you," she replied, tone bored as she wondered why this piece of arrogance had hired her. Surely such a narcissistic personality could get him enough other girls for free.

Rolling her eyes again the female then reached for her purse, blatantly pulling out her phone before she started to text her most trusted friends. They needed a share in this ridiculous story.

To: Cris & Erika

Subject: Grandpa

Message: So I got hired again by one of these dirty old geezers, and this one totally thinks he is some sort of Adonis that expects me to kiss the ground he is walking on. He obviously doesn't know who I'm, for he should be kissing up to me instead of himself. This is so hilariously disgusting, I wonder how long it will take before I get him to beg for more. Wanna make a bet on it? I will treat you all in some fancy, hard to get in, restaurant the next time. <3 xxx[/imga]

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
tumblr_nig2blYWR11u7ynfyo2_540.gif

Thankful that they moved away from the topic at hand, Mason took the phone and nodded, "Sweet choice." He smiled. The tattoo was definitely an easy one, he had done many similar. He liked this one though. "I'll have to sketch it out, then get the stencil for your back, then get the ink..." Mason slowly began to mumble before coughing, "It'll take me about an hour. I'll be ready for you then!" Mason smiled before disappearing into the room behind.

Hoping nobody would hear, Mason plonked his head against the wall. "Damn it." He grumbled. How was he meant to deal with this? Quickly, he got out his phone and found Salem.

"Help me. Help help help h h."

Hopefully he could tell his close friend about this. Salem was much more open with his sexuality compared to Mason. He just wanted to figure it out. Mason looked down to his arm and stared at all the zeros.

tumblr_mat51jkhuO1rztnb3o1_500.gif

The coldness of the woman made the entire situation worse. Natasha widened her eyes before sitting back in defeat. She shrugged, "Ask Jason, it's practically his ceremony..." She mumbled.

The entire next half hour went past quietly. Tash sat in her seat, clenching her wrist, not looking up to Kimmie once. "Thank you so much Ms. We'll call soon!" Jason shook her hand before Tash did the same, "I'm gonna call." She said quietly, staring at her with dead eyes.

As soon as she got outside, Tash turned to Jason, "I need to use the bathroom, I'll be at the car in five minutes." She strutted off behind the building and quickly lit a cigarette. She opened up her Iphone and quickly dialed Sam's number, putting it to her ear. "C'mon, pick up..."
tumblr_lw2oq4NkBC1qiaq9w.gif

The card was taken with eagerness. Dorian slipped it into his back pocket as he continued to dance. When she said she was an estate agent, Dorian shrugged. At least she was pretty, because otherwise he'd get bored of that. Shallow man, he was, and he knew it.

"I don't really care." He shrugged, "I do my job because I get paid a lot." He said proudly. Although, he could tell Xiomara might be interested in the sort. "Besides, someone's gotta do it. And I didn't want to be stuck in blue fucking scrubs for the rest of my life." He grinned, his hands resting on her waist as he attempted to keep with her rhythm.​

Status
Not open for further replies.