Online Availability
10AM - 10PM Daily
Writing Levels
  1. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
Genres
Romance, Supernatural, Fantasy, Thriller, Space Exploration, Slice of Life
Since I was a kiddo, I've always been in an up and down flux of evolution. It started as this burning desire not to end up a train wreck like my family, migrated to ambitious goals and wanting to be a good person, to these modern days where I'd just like to be content and functional. I'm appreciating the goodness of who and what I am in the now, but always looking towards the future and ways I can improve myself and my life. (You can always learn more and be better!)

In this topic, tell us about who you are today, and where you would like to see yourself in five years!

What kind of person are you right now? What do you believe in? What are you passionate about?

What are you doing today to take care of your mental and physical health? What are you doing that brings you closer to your passions?

If everything went PERFECTLY RIGHT what do you hope for yourself in five years? Where will you be? What will you be doing?

I hope in five years I am actually exercising every day. O: That I've finished writing one book by myself. That second community project has launched successfully. Maybe even at a point where I have a savings account with more than 5 dollars in it. O__O

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Spekkun
Right now I suppose one could say I'm not moving in any direction. Stagnant. I don't do anything for myself health wise or otherwise and often times require others to take care of me. I consider myself neutral. I'm good example of someone who's laid back and carefree.

In five years it would be nice if I could become a better person and make some close friends but at the same time I'm pretty happy with myself and love my peaceful life. Maybe being more outgoing? I used to be a chatterbox about 7 years ago but nowadays I can go weeks without talking. Speech has become a big fear somehow.

Singing is another thing though. I love to sing. I guess a realistic goal for me would be to regain the ability to sing like I used to. I haven't used any of my lower tones when singing since winter in seventh grade. It would be nice to not judge myself every time. Should totally get some lessons.

Just so very lazy.

Reactions: Diana
Today: I'm an anxious little nerd but loves to cuddles. Nah, joking aside. I'm still dealing with anxiety and depression like no tomorrow. I'm scared of things I know I shouldn't be, but it's not easy to break out of your little comfort zone. It's been 4 years (to the date) that I graduated from High School, but I'm still dealing with the trauma and social phobia I developed during those years in HS. Also today I'm dealing with self-hatred (alright, it's a very strong word but... oof :I) and I need to not see myself as the <insert negative words here> I feel like I am :I . I let my anxiety get the best of me and say no to things I'd want to attend to but... Ugh ; _ ; I'm not doing anything today to take care of my mental health, other than just pushing myself as much as I'm comfortable with.

In five years: I hope that I feel a lot more comfortable in my own skin. That's most important to me, to feel comfortable and be able to look myself in the mirror and see all the positive sides of me instead of looking at all the negative. So my main goal is to be more positive and hopefully, in 5 years time I will see the beauty in myself! (◡‿◡✿) I pretty much want to be the friend that people can talk to, have a fun time with and someone who never really says no? Oh, and I also want to get better at English, Japanese, Korean and maybe Chinese. Might even be better with the other Nordic langauges 8) ... I like learning new languages... 8) -sips on energy drink-.

TLDR; It all comes down to I need to work on my way of thinking about myself and get well mentally(◕▿◕✿). From going to an anxious little Chihuahua to a positive and joyful little Shih Tzu 8). Yes, I totally compared myself to dogs BECAUSE I LOVE ME SOME DOGS.

Today: I feel like I'm just a lump of "work-in-progress". I'm working on my things and trying hard to be my best but it's hard and it can be tiring and discouraging. Basically everything that I'm doing right now is like building up future things. I am not satisfied with me or how things are right now but I'm working on it.

Five years: I hope I'll be less tired. Hoepfully I've put in the effort and achieved the things that I've been aiming for and things have started to pay off.

Freshly traumatised by how old I will be in five years.

Thanks, Diana.

today: young, dumb and full of [REDACTED]
5 years: slightly older, slightly less dumb, filled with much more good feelings and vibes.

The Self- me? in this present time is not a healthy little gremlin. At all. Hernia pain wakes me up at night -constantly- I barely sleep. I'm working again, but with extra hours and more days I have harder time making/keeping appointments. I do my best to maintain some level of health, which so far, I am really just grateful my diabetes hasn't treated me too awful. I've cut back on the candy, sweets, etc... trying to eat more salads (thank goodness my new job has a huge gas-station like store where I can buy salads, or other healthy things throughout the day-- store is sooo expensive though, plus you pretty much have to check items out yourself- no cashier, just machines that don't even accept change lol) But anyway-- in Five years I would really like to see my health even out a bit more- heart wise and sugar levels. That way I could manage a hernia operation again... this time when they say NO LIFTING for 2-3 years I will definitely NOT even carry a shoulder bag! I should still be able to work after operation, might have to take a few weeks off... but these surgeries are now done by robots if you can believe that! Not even real doctors... kind of disturbing.. and I hope they don't put in mesh...that stuff corrodes and is the worst hazard. Also in five years I'd like more financial security and a MUCH NICER apartment to live in.... because I am at the point where I really just want to burn this entire complex to ash. :)

P.S... this is sad but true- I don't see myself making friends/lasting relationships aside from James in my r/l I just don't.

me today: having the first good year in maybe my entire life, going through puberty at age 27, got my first like actual 'art gig', living on my own with one whiny cat, looking forward to the future

me (hopefully) in 5 years: no longer going through puberty, Actually A Man, able to grow my hair long without worrying about people seeing me as a woman, an Artist, living with a partner and at least 3 whiny cats and a nice garden

I am a man of simple pleasures
I'm just actually looking forward to the future for the first time in my life

me today: pretty accomplished public accountant. only public accounting sucks, most of my drive comes from the fact that I'm innately competitive and want to be above others, and I don't have the greatest passion for the field. Avid reader. Real outside of my physical prime.

me in five years: I'd like to have gotten a personal trainer at some point within the five years and be at least en route to being knowledgeable and self-sufficient when it comes to maintaining my body and being hot. Rein in my competitive tendencies. Start moving towards a teaching career where I can build others up instead of squashing them. Read and write more.

In 5 years, I hope to be out of college, starting out in the museum field like I want, and possibly getting married. My mom wants me to have kids before she's dead so that's a big possibility as well.

Me now: Honestly, I like everything that is happening in my life at the moment personally. I'm happy with the person I've become on the inside, and am pleased to finally have gotten past the severe damage my divorce did to me 15 years ago. Not as happy with the physical, but I'm a realist and until my knees are fixed my ability to move isn't going to change a lot...so neither is that.

In five years: I'm going to be sooo old! But, I am hoping to have had the long pushed back knee surgery done and rehabbed, begun to get back in shape (One that is a lot less round), and to take the bravest step of my life and let the super great guy that's been putting up with me convince me that not all guys are out to hurt you. ( And before you all reply...I DO know that in theory, but when you've been stabbed a few times it's ahrd to push that away and let yourself be vulnerable...I'm trying though. And I do know he's worth it...so that's a huge step right there)

• Sympathy & Compassion
Reactions: Mojo