rissa

the clairvoyant pterodactyl
Original poster
VENGEANCE
DONATING MEMBER
MYTHICAL MEMBER
A FALLOUT: REQUIEM TALE

QUEST MARKER FOUND: THE TERROR OF MISKATONIC
"Life is born from the seas, formed around the seas, and one day will be made undone by the seas."
— Provost Nosferatu

Provost. One word that everyone in Miskatonic knows.

Provost. One word that sends shivers down the spine of anyone who hears it.

To be ignored by the Provost ensures life. To be summoned by the Provost ensures death.

Miskatonic has been summoned. And death, it seems, has come for all.

REWARDS: LIFE, LIBERTY, AND THE PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS

JUMP-IN STYLE ROLEPLAY
I'M LOOKING FOR: Fun in this Lovecraftian horror inspired post-apoc setting!

WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
NO CHARACTER SHEEETS NEEDED TO JOIN THE FUN! Just hop in and revel in the horror.

The Terror of Miskatonic is a blend of genres, primarily focused on horror in the post-apocalyptic landscape. Wake up without a clue as to how you got to Miskatonic or play as a character born to the terror, isolated in the middle of the irradiated ocean, accustomed to the acid rainstorms that blow through every afternoon. Ignore those poor fools who scream about the sun burning their skin and the madwomen threatening to curse you; ignore them or risk drawing the eye of the Provost.

Will you unlock the secrets of Miskatonic?

Or will you simply join the ranks of those suffering and in need?

Click here to enter the terror.

New arrivals always find themselves against the dock proper, groggy and wilted from their journey. Not that they remember it, of course, no one ever does. The dock proper is the second-worse place to be in Miskatonic, above or below. Open to the ocean's spray, it's a long and thin boardwalk that juts from the heart of the dock-city and ends in a particularly deep part of the ocean, where fins and frenzies are always seen.

Many new arrivals decide to take the leap into these waters, after realizing with dread that there's no way off and no way home.

There are three levels to the dock-city of Miskatonic, climbing ever upward in a vain attempt to get away from the harmful ocean spray and the clutches of the Provost. The first level or the dock-proper, is home to those addle-brained women who threaten to curse wombs and hearts and the ones endlessly screaming about the excruciating pain the sun causes them.

The second level is home to most of the people within the dock-city; homes that are mere shacks that've been piled atop and pitched against each other. The third level, being both the newest and the smallest is comfortable, after a fashion, though exposed the most to the acidic afternoon showers.

Survival in the dock-city is mostly keeping your eyes down, fishing up your breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and ignoring anything that'd get you summoned below.

V-220

Max Capacity: 100 (with heat racking 250)

Vault 220, in truth, exists out of two parts, though its blueprints and maps will only show the dock-city peeking above the ocean waves. As a smaller vault built off Florida's east coast, Vault 220 is an experimental base of which its primary function is to keep the sensitive instruments and volatile subjects it houses far away from the other vaults.

Yet, most of its life happens off-chart and out of the viewing eye. Needing a stable environment the innovative minds that run Vault 220 looked at the bottom of the deep waters surrounding the surface level. Beneath the dock of Vault 220 and beneath the waves of the ocean, there is more to the vault, named by its sparse inhabitants as 'Miskatonic', after the infamous setting by America's most beloved author of horror.

What happens in those vaults is a mystery, though the very top of society may occasionally receive a report on the progress of their 'investments'. However, reports are becoming scarce while the walls of Miskatonic slowly become covered in splotches of dried red. The ocean is coming to reclaim all that has been taken.

Miskatonic was created and collaborated with @Nemopedia - feel free to @ either of us if you have any questions.

The way I'm dancing on my feet right now walking out of the office. HEHEHEHEHEHE

• Love
Reactions: rissa
IT TOOK ME AWHILE 🤣 BUT I GOT IT DONE

giphy.gif

@Nemopedia 👀 👀 👀 should i hop in with someone** down below that anya can run into?

• Hit Me in My FEELS
Reactions: rissa
I posted a little hook for anyone who is wanting to join but has trouble getting their character introduced. They can be the one that dropped fresh into Miskatonic and is now in a pod about to meet someone. 👀

• Wicked
Reactions: Lulunopia and rissa