Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Nonbinary
  4. Agender
  5. Primarily Prefer Male
  6. No Preferences
Genres
Adventure. Angels and demons. Apocalyptic. Arthurian. Comedy. Dystopian. Fantasy. Historical. Horror. Post-apocalyptic. Romance. Science fiction. Supernatural.
A thread to discuss all things mug.​

Tell me about your mugs and your mug habits. Are you someone who has a vast collection of novelty mugs? Do you prefer to use a wide variety or do you stick to one or two? Do you have a favourite mug? Why is it your favourite? Do you want to show off any of your cool mugs? Are you fond of aesthetic mugs? Is there any kind of mug you'd like to have that you don't? Why haven't you gotten it?

I live in a household where I have both my own mugs as well as the communal mugs. I have three of my own mugs, my favourite of which is unequivocally my Star Trek mug. I unexpectedly found it cheap at the store and it seemed like a solid mug so I bought it. I've never regretted it. It's not a fancy mug but it's a great size and incredibly sturdy. I generally just wash it instead of using a different mug. What about you?

Oh God. I feel called out I'm an extreme mug hoarder >~< I've collected so many novelty mugs over the years it's honestly an addiction. I love changing them out for the season. But the worst part is I don't even drink coffee. I don't deserve all these cute mugs. I've been trying to slim them down and put rules on myself for trying to avoid buying mugs.

• Haha
Reactions: Dusk
I once had.. but by now I only have two I use regualry.. my "travellers mug" for everyday use and that one steel mig I use for when I go hiking/camping

I don't have all my mugs out as I live with my parents but I have two I use here. They are both big. My favorite though is one that's packed away. It's a tetris mug with that heat changing paint on it. It's neat and I love tetris.

So I live with two of my best friends and we all love mugs. We have so many mugs we almost don't have cabinet space for them. We have a lot of communal mugs, but we each have one or two we only use ourselves. I usually use my travel mug even at home because it has a lid and I don't hurt my hands. That one is a sparkly purple. I also have a pikachu mug that I adore. I keep that one on my desk

Reactions: PaulaVonMalotki
I don't come from a household where we cared much for nice mugs, so I have a bunch of ugly company logo mugs that no one really likes. The few mug that I bought myself are mugs I love. I have a mug covered in rainbow stars, a mug sprinkled with golden stars and my aquarel Totoro mug that I absolutely adore but also paid an embarrassing amount for. I use my Totoro mug the most of all of my mugs, it gotta earn itself back.

For future mugs I'm thinking of continuing the starry theme. It will be unlikely that I buy another Totoro mug.

I would prefer to have a nice matching set of the right size and feel in my hand - and I did until someone broke all of my large ones. Now I have a few of the smaller ones left, and an assorted array of random mugs 😂 I find all these different sorts very... distracting for my brain!

However, I have three that are still specifically mine that are my favorite and I rotate between. One big owl mug gifted from an iwaku person, a mug with all my cats on it gifted from Oz, and a pair of Silent Pines mugs gifted from another Iwaku person!

I really don't have teh cabinet space to collect a bunch of dishes. T_T

I have quite a number of mugs, although I have no idea why I collect them, considering I only use one or two of them regulary. I keep my favourites (Harry Potter by Owlcrate edition) in my room as my family has no sense of boundary and they will just use my mugs without permission, even after I said no. :< So yeah, I wish I can use and show off my Harry Potter mugs, but that will only be possible after I move out.

I love mugs so much! My favourite one is a Petit Prince one that I bought while I was in France. I always loved that novel so buying this one with golden versions of the drawings from the book as well as some pretty excerpts... Aaaaah, it made my heart feel so full. I also collect tea cups! (My absolute favourite is one that is covered in curling flowers all over the handle and the bottom. Makes me feel like a fairy or elf when I'm drinking out of it, hehe.)