The Mournful Few (Horror/Conspiracy)

C

Chris_Reaper

Original poster
The Mournful Few 1a.jpg

What if I told you the answer to one of the most haunting questions to ever plague mankind lied in some dusty old archives? Ask yourself, do you believe in God? What am I talking about...simply this. My team and I believe we now have evidence of the absolute scientific proof that the supernatural exists. Back in the early 1920's there lived a rogue monk named Father David Andreas and it's off his findings that we have based all of our work. Father Andreas lived in the upper reaches of the British Isles and his fifty plus years of working for the Clergy, he found something so Earth shattering, that a normal man's mind would go mad just contemplating it. Father Andreas' journey carried him through a dark and malevolent world of demons and unspeakable evil. But, ironically enough, it was this very evil that he believed he could use to prove the existence of God. Using Andreas' notes and categorical documents, we are on the hunt for a special type of demonic entity that the good father coined" The Mournful Ones." These demons are the key to our theory. When these spirits inhabit a human host, they leave behind tangible evidence of their presence. They mutate the host's DNA down to a molecular level, leaving trace evidence so minute, that they have gone undetected, until now. It is this evidence we seek to prove to the world the existence of a supernatural dimension of angels and demons. All the while we ourselves are being hunted by shadowy operatives employed by the highest echelons of the Catholic Church. If we can obtain the molecular material we need and at the same time break into the secret Vatican Archives, we can prove to the world once and for all that God exists. But here's the catch, The Church doesn't want our findings known, because belief without faith renders them powerless. Our small group consists of paranormal investigators, demonologists, code breakers and scholars all dedicated to finding the truth. We must navigate a sinister labyrinth of demonic possession, political intrigue and religious conspiracy and the odds are most certainly stacked against us. Time is running out...

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

So this RP will be a sort of hybrid between things like The X-Files mixed with the works of Dan Brown (i.e. The Da Vanci Code/Angels & Demons). Plenty of action, horror and political conspiracy. Our characters will consist of a small rag tag group that are literally running for their lives from religious assassins employed by the Catholic Church. All the while they are on a mission to expose what the Church knows to the world. To this end they are hunting down demonic hosts inhabited by the titular Mournful Few and trying to get samples of their blood. Gritty, tense and dark atmosphere.

I am placing down my interest here.
A question, could the paranormal investigator character be like Fox Mulder, as in a former FBI agent now on the run?

I am placing down my interest here.
A question, could the paranormal investigator character be like Fox Mulder, as in a former FBI agent now on the run?

Absolutely, in fact I modeled a lot of this RP after characters like Mulder.

This sounds right up my alley - I love all the themes, and would absolutely love to play as someone picking up the hobby of demonology after their demon-inhabited friend was revealed as a host. Motivated somewhat by revenge against evil forces, but also because the life they were living was an unfulfilling dead end. This sounds fun.

This sounds right up my alley - I love all the themes, and would absolutely love to play as someone picking up the hobby of demonology after their demon-inhabited friend was revealed as a host. Motivated somewhat by revenge against evil forces, but also because the life they were living was an unfulfilling dead end. This sounds fun.

Thanks, sadly this hasn't gained much traction. I will give this another week or so and see if it gains more interest before I make a decision on what to do with the idea.

I hope you haven't discarded this because this sounds like something I'd be interested in as well.

Reactions: Chris_Reaper
Well we have our Mulder type someone was talking about, and then we have our character who feels like they could fit the Supernatural series. I have to figure out what role I'll take up in the dynamic. Not sure I want to be the Skully, lmao, the hardcore skeptic. I'll be rummaging the brain case for an idea.

Well we don't all have to fit a specific character archetype. I plan on being an obsessed Mulder type myself, and honestly I don't really think a Scully type character would really fit since all of our character would have to unequivocally believe in what they're doing.

A Demonic Forensic Pathologist, perhaps? Lol, the guy with all kinds of weird gear he's just testing on the field. Considering demons and supernatural things are said to affect the EMFs, and what not.

-Is really obsessed with star trek
-decides to make a real life scanner that detects higher EMFs in people
-highly unstable questionable machine that his colleagues question if it even actually works, but it does pick up EMF fields so it sort of does its job

A Demonic Forensic Pathologist, perhaps? Lol, the guy with all kinds of weird gear he's just testing on the field. Considering demons and supernatural things are said to affect the EMFs, and what not.

-highly unstable questionable machine that his colleagues question if it even actually works, but it does pick up EMF fields so it sort of does its job

That sounds great!

The OOC is up, so feel free to post your characters. @RedFox @RobinBriarwood

The Mournful Few OOC

That sounds great!

The OOC is up, so feel free to post your characters. @RedFox @RobinBriarwood

The Mournful Few OOC

Sweet I'll get to work on [insert name that starts with an F]

Reactions: Chris_Reaper