1. Speed of Light
  2. Multiple posts per day
Writing Levels
  1. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
Genres
Sci-fi, modern, horror, a bit of dark romance stories.
Bent double, like old beggars under sacks,
Knock-kneed, coughing like hags, we cursed through sludge,
Till on the haunting flares we turned our backs,
And towards our distant rest began to trudge.
Men marched asleep. Many had lost their boots,
But limped on, blood-shod. All went lame; all blind;
Drunk with fatigue; deaf even to the hoots
Of gas-shells dropping softly behind.

My friend, you would not tell with such high zest
To children ardent for some desperate glory,
The old Lie: Dulce et decorum est
Pro patria mori.

Wilfred Owen

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Today was too long. It began with all those being teleported to another world, burning from fires made by demonic creatures, and covered in the ashes of those who were unfortunate to be caught in the blaze. They wondered the streets in fear and desperation, confused, isolated from their homes, and desperately seeking a way to escape the city they were entrapped in, and the planet that was now being picked apart like vultures nabbing at a corpse. When all seemed to start going their way, yet another danger was sent their way, a tidal wave of invisible light, as strange reflections of shattering glass that went up for miles and miles, reaching beyond the planet's atmosphere, hit them with a thousand cuts across their bodies. Yet no signs of blood or injury, like it had never existed in the first place. A ripple effect from the universe itself, falling to pieces, with the planet entering its final hours. Earthquakes destroyed what remained, and the star holding together the solar system began to expand outward, dying in impossible speeds. It was only thanks to two men, calling themselves The Doctors, that most managed to escape the carnage.... Almost all. Some were left behind, unable to be found again, before the planet was engulfed in one final fire. The ship they were transported on, the TARDIS, quickly tried to escape to another planet, but every star within the galaxy was dying, eating away at all life that remained in tact. A bold move was made. Overdrive the TARDIS' systems, in hopes it could transport them away from the universe, as going back in time would do them no good, and the blast would kill them if they stayed. Both ships managed the impossible, and landed in two separate universes. One in the medieval ages of magic and monsters, another in the mystery of alien life.

Both TARDIS' could contact each other, and both realized someone had brought them to that planet, either to be killed, or be imprisoned. They were all important people in their worlds, and one man claimed he had fought something that may have been behind this. Robotic soldiers, killing his men back on his home world, just before he was transported to the destroyed city. They needed to find each other and group up, to figure out a plan, and collect all information they knew they had. Getting to each universe they were in, however, would certainly destroyed the TARDIS if they tried again. So for now, they could only explore the worlds they were now trapped on. The alien planet offered the group dangers of a fearsome army, strange being wearing red and black armor, speaking gibberish, while commanding hideous creatures with unique abilities. Giant snakes that could spit out poison, and humanoid beings that controlled psyonic energy. They had met more who were traveled from different worlds, one from within this universe, but as they tried to find a way off the planet, these 'ADVENT,' as they were called, entrapped them in a tower. Their commander taunting them over radio for their incompetence. But luck remained by their side, even now, as before the enemy troops could capture or kill them, a flash of neon green light blinded them. The same one that had brought them to the previous worlds before.

For a short few seconds, they would feel like falling from a plane, before landing on ground yet again. Though, in the case of the Scottish soldier from a distant future, his landing was a bit more painful. "AHHHHHHHH!!!!" He screamed, falling from a considerable height. His upper back hit against the edge of a large piece of ice, the size of a house, and while his spin didn't crack in half, it felt like it. His body rotated around, and his face hit the snowy ground hard. In pain, he groaned out, "Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhg..." It was the best he could do, winded from the landing, and feeling paralyzed. His barely held together armor did nothing to protect it. With dried blood along the right side of his face, a large cut above the eye, covered in dust, and feeling more bruised than a Boxer going 10 rounds with Muhammad Ali, he simply stayed there, face feeling the cold, before footsteps made his senses come back. They closed in on him, and when they stopped, hands pushed his body over so his face was staring at the sky. "Alec!" A French voice shouted, cupping his head and trying to make the Scotsman look at him. "..... Thibaud?" Alec's voice barely croaked out, just managing to focus on the older French soldier. With his eyes barely open, and mouth opened halfway, the only thing Alec could ask was, ".... Did I die yet?"

The Frenchman chuckled slightly and looked around, taking in the scenery. It was yet again a great departure from the former two planets they were on.

latest

Wasn't as friendly looking as Requiem though. "I doubt dying here would be a good grave." He commented, helping Alec up by wrapping his arm around the Frenchman's shoulders, and lifting Alec up to his feet. His moaned in pain, and Thibaud did his best to not hurt Alec any more than he already was. When he could finally look around to see where they were, Alec started to look more awake. "How the fuck......... ooooooooooooooAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!" He shouted in aggravation, facepalming when he realized what happened. "I'M SICK OF BEING TELEPORTED!"

The Frenchman nodded his head to the side. "I'm enjoying it." It wasn't like he was having a bad experience. Everyone else was, but he was enjoying the strangeness of it all. Better than the hell-earth they were on before. Before Alec could complain more, something made the ground shake behind them. A creature had emerged from one of the holes lined up across the rocky shelves of the cliffs nearby, and when they both turned around, they were faced with what came out of it.

art_bullymong720.jpg

A bullymong. It roared right at them, and began to charge. "You wouldn't happen to have a gun still, would you?" Alec asked; both men slowly backing up. "Nope!" Thibaud replied, turning both of them around to start running. Their speed was hampered by Alec's immobility, and the creature was much faster than them. "Shitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshit!"​

Far away from Pandora, a universe apart in fact and not at the same time.

On Moebius in Chunan, the dragon road was calm. The wind was blowing, slowly creating riddles on the river. Cherry blossom were carried gently in the mountain... And then it grew stronger, splitting the water in two, making all the leaves fly in the sky. One blue light was traveling at full speed troughout the country. If one was to reach the speed of this light they would be surprised to find inside a living and breathing being.

Well he wasn't called the fastest thing alive for no reason. Sonic the Hedgehog was running, nothing new there, but this time he wasn't saving the planet from destruction or enslavement. He was just you know running for the heck of it. It wasn't even a week since they defeated baldy mc nosehair newest attempt to destroy their world. Well without their new friend, he would have been successful, but as always the power of friendship saved the day. Whatever, he was sure that Eggman would bounce back and find another hair-brained scheme that would backfire spectacularly! Well he would make sure of the backfiring part. But as of right now! HE WAS BORED!!

So not being able to stay in place. He was running around at the speed of sound collecting rings, enjoying natural formations like loop, springs, vertical walls and the likes. Maybe he would visit Knuckles, the Echidna was always funny, when he wasn't a knucklehead. Well Angel Island was in the sky so he would have to see his little bro and his weird contraptions.

Or he could get engulfed in a green light.

-What the?

The Phantom Ruby? No! With the Ruby it was a floaty feeling and the light was pinkish. Here he was falling but there was like no air. As if he was in space!

-AAAAAAAH!

And then he landed,face first and not nicely. Ok this was going to hurt tomorrow.

Getting up and dusting himself, he could see well nothing. Nothing except ice, ice oh yes and ice wherever he could see.

-Honestly, can't a guy get some rest?

His annoyance was of course a facade, a big grin was visible for miles around. At long last, something to do! Well being tortured for months in space had its charm, sure! But he couldn't move freely.

-Well Eggman, I don't know what you are up to yet! But bring it on!

And just like that, he was gone.

Back to Pandora current time.

Sonic wasn't running. In fact his legs were quite immobile. Instead he was snowboarding. Well looks like ice wasn't the only thing you could find! There was a lot of scrap metal, and weapons. Well no thanks! He stopped at talking enchanted swords. And even then he didn't kill his ennemy. Then what, would he have to dye his quill black and speak more gravely?!

Then there were screams. Screams always meant something to do. Not boring things!

-Oh yeah this is happening!

The bullymong was closing the distance separating him, her? from the two humans incredibly fast. Once it was close enough, it jumped to smash them. Something hard percuted its abdomen and sent it tumbling backward.

Landing between the two humans and the creature, a snowboardless blue hedgehog was grinning at the creature. While wagging his index finger left and right. Looking behind his back he spoke to the two humans.

-You know you are not supposed to feed the beasts here.

The fastest thing alive wasn't the smartest thing alive. As he was turning his back to the beast he felt something hurting him in the belly before being sent crashing far behind. This was definitely gonna leave a mark.

He somersaulted on his feet catching some rings in the same time.

-Wow tough crowd. Here I was trying to be nice, looking for an ice breaker and all. Hey you two! Get out of the way if you don't want to be squished!

And they would have to act fast they were already flickering out of existence. Well gotta go fast! He jumped in the air to throw a homing attack on the ugly gorilla.

Last edited by a moderator:
Abby Dee/Courier Six - Character Sheet

"Abby. Talk later. Gotta run or die, Short Stack." She tells the blonde kid while swinging her rifle onto her shoulder, and then taking off at a sprint to the tower. "Next thing to try and get the drop on me is getting gutted! I swear!" She curses up at the sky/ceiling. Then, for the second time today, Abby suddenly no longer feels the hard ground beneath her boots, and curses at the top of her lungs as she is engulfed in that green light "DAMMIT NOT-"

"-
AGAAAAAAAIN!" Abby yells into the cold air of the new world and continues running at full sprint just as she had before, but trips forward when her feet find not rocky terrain but snow; Abby ends up giving herself a sudden snow wash. She unleashes a slew of curses too colorful and numerous to list in polite company while getting herself up and desperately rubbing her face.

"What in Sam Hill?! This is..this is...colder than...than...I don't even know!" She yells looking around. Nights in the Mojave got cold, mind you, and she has seen snow before around Jacobstown and splattered around the mountains at certain times of year. Nothing like this though, where the snow covered everything and the cold bit your skin this badly. "If I had known it was gonna get cold, I woulda brought my duster." She sees the kid from before right away and she was going to ask if he would let her borrow his red coat for a bit, but then that roar made her head snap to its origin.

"That's some strange Deathclaw..." Abby voices her first thought, having no other reference for what to think of the large aggressive creature charging a pair of men off a ways from them. Both unarmed, and one looking to be carrying the other. The woman shoulders her rifle, clicks the safety off, and was trying to get a bead on the thing when out of nowhere it seemed, it was hit in the abdomen. By what appears to be a blue furry creature she's never seen before.

"Days' just gettin' weirder." Abby watches the thing hit the blue one back and fires off five shots aimed at the behemoth's huge neck.

Meanwhile somewhere far from everyone else in Pandora; more specifically the Tundra Express...

The Vault Hunter known as Gaige had finished utilising two explosive missiles deployed by the deadliest 13 year old Tiny Tina to destroy a Hyperion Train containing a powerful Vault Key. Once Gaige had arrived, she spotted the remains of the train and went to investigate it when Roland echoed her.

Roland: "Search the train cars. They're probably holding the Vault Key in the most fortified one."

That was when Angel appeared on her Echo after Roland.

Angel: "Don't worry -- if Jack really wanted to protect the Vault Key, it wouldn't be on a train. He'd have Wilhelm guarding it."

As Gaige walked up to one of the train cars, it lifted itself upwards and a tall construction appeared from below it:

rsz_wilhelmborderlands2.png

Angel: "Oh dear..."
Roland: "It's a trap! The Vault Key's not on the train, abort the mission, soldier! I'm sorry, but you can't handle Wilhelm, trust me!"
Lilith: "Kid, Wilhelm nearly killed us all in New Haven without taking a scratch -- if things get bad, just run!"
Angel: "Roland is wrong, Vault Hunter! You CAN defeat Wilhelm, I promise you!"

After a long battle between Gaige and Wilhelm, she eventually defeated him, much to the surprise as everyone else on Echo.

Roland: "You killed Wilhelm? Holy hell... Jack doesn't stand a chance!"
Angel: "Wilhelm dropped a power core. Be sure to grab it -- my sensors tell me it is one-of-a-kind. If you bring it to Roland, Sanctuary's shields may never need to be recharged again."
Roland: "Woah, never seen a power core like that. The one you got from Reiss has nearly burnt out -- why don't you bring it back here? We may not have found the Vault Key, but at least Sanctuary will be safe a little longer thanks to you."
Handsome Jack: "Wow. Bravo. Champagne. Cheers. High-five. Slow clap. You got the damn power core, didn't ya? You've been warned. The kid gloves are coming off. Tighten up the big-boy pants, because things are gonna get really, really bad for you Vault Hunters."
Mordecai: "Sorry about the bad intel, everybody. I really thought the Vault Key would be on that train. I'll make it up to you all later -- next time I'm in Sanctuary, the beers are on me. Whatcha think, Bloodwing?"
Bloodwing: (screeech)

After fast-travelling back to the Three Horns - Divide, Angel contacted her again.

Angel: "Wilhelm nearly defeated the other Vault Hunters a couple of years ago. You have proven yourself to be even stronger than them. Well done."

That was when all the commotion was occurring. In the distance, she spotted several people being attacked by Bullymongs, and so she jumped to their aid. In the distance, everyone could hear a girl shout something as some kind of flying machine flew in to help them.

"To HELL with the first law!"

The girl then ran towards everyone and introduced herself.

"It's cool everybody... I'm here. Wait, who exactly are you guys? And who's the blue skag?"

Gaige asked as the blue skag comment referred to Sonic.

@AIM Leader Wade @Not_Amy @Yoru

Attachments

• Guardian_Angel_in_Borderlands_2.jpg
    Guardian_Angel_in_Borderlands_2.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 0
Sierra-117/Master "John" Chief

One minute John was picking off alien soldiers when a green light overtook him. Despite not being able to see anything, he felt like he was free-falling. The next, he landed in snow. Leaving behind a large outline of himself.

Almost immediately he was back on his feet with rifle in hand, looking around the area for any hostiles. Not finding any, John lowered his rifle. Just barely noticing that the weapon had about fourteen rounds in it. No spare magazines for it. Checking his sidearm, the magnum. He had only an extra clip and the one in the firearm. Counting at about five shots.

"Been in worse situations haven't we?" Cortana joked inside of his helmet.

John didn't respond as he overheard what sounded like a brute yelling out in agony. Without wasting a second, John ran towards where the sounds of fighting and animalistic roars were getting louder. The sight before him was an odd one. A big multi-limbed gorilla looking creature getting attacked by a blue animal. But the important thing was that he could see Alec and the French soldier and that this creature was attacking allies. So John ran to get closer to the fighting, putting the rifle on his back as the gun magnetically locked to his armor as he didn't want to waste ammo.

Maintaining the dead sprint he was going at until he was rapidly approaching the creature, which turned to face him and just as it did. John leaped into the air, holding his fists together and bringing them down in one big strike. A strike that would crack skulls into dust and grey matter into goop. But the creature didn't fall as John expected, in fact it persisted. Albeit more dazed and aimless in its attacks but still having a general sense of direction.

Jumping back, the beast's head was bleeding and dented from the hit. But would need more before falling.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hunk

The venture to pick up Prophet went downhill fast, as the enemy forces swarmed them. But before anything could happen, the green light overtook them and like that they were gone.

Hunk was sick of this randomness. The feeling of weightlessness and such annoyed him. And before he could get any more annoyed, he landed in snow. The black outfit of his making him a big outlier against it.

But as he stood up, he could barely see anyone from the group here. All he could see was snowy tundra. The cold wind blowing through his gear slightly. Just barely chilling him. But the feeling was ignored, he needed to regroup or at least get out of the cold before he froze to death. So after inspecting his weapon, he began to jog in a direction that had some buildings in it.

Let's just hope nothing happens.

@AIM Leader Wade @Yoru @Not_Amy @Anyone-Else-I-Have-Missed

"Another unpleasant green-light adventure." Anta complained with mild disgust as she scanned the area about them. "Where are we now? This doesn't look like anywhere we know."

"Neither did the last place we stayed." Kingpin was already on his feet, head darting side to side, hand on his hand cannon holster. "How's the scan coming along?"

"The area is very... peculiar." The Ghost replied. "I'm not exactly seeing any variation in landscape or soil, plus all this snow is - who's that?"

But Kingpin already saw it. A distance away, a small black dot moved across the frozen tundra at speed. In a few seconds, it showed itself to be a man; an armed man, wearing nearly antiquated gear, jogging closer and closer to them. Kingpin drew the Borealis, checked the magazine, and stepped onto a hill slightly higher than where he was before. Anta dematerialized.

The Titan didn't shoulder the gun to fire; instead, he waited for the man to come closer. When he was within an acceptable distance, Kingpin would yell, his voice amplified by his suit's PA mini PA system: "Do you know what this place is?"

=======================================================================================================================

Marcus was having a terrible day. Much like everyone else, he was taken from an environment he was comfortable in, dropped into the midst of a confusing and almost totally FUBAR situation, left to die, and teleported again to... safety?

He didn't dare dream such luxury.

The cold didn't bother him as much as it should have. His augmentations whirred almost contentedly as the temperature served as a convenient coolant, cooling down his somewhat-heated body. This reprieve last only for a few minutes, however, as Marcus looked to the sky and noticed an "H".

Or rather, a giant space station built in the shape of "H".

There's no mistaking it now. Some sort of (Benevolent? Malevolent?) entity is actively toying with him, and likely the other characters by tossing them around through different universes. He had to remind himself to not use any sort of reference that they are all fictional: after all, to him they are, but to themselves they are perfectly real and alive. And after all, they're all in this together now, aren't they?

Besides, who's to say he himself is the realest thing in the multiverse?

Marcus took in the view. Pandora may be dangerous and wild to many people - including its own inhabitants - but Marcus found it to be even more vivid and beautiful in person, as opposed to cell-shaded moving pixels on a screen. Everything was new, fresh, and deadly exciting which, to be fair, is what he lived for. And may die for. Aside from revenge upon all Cogwork Orthodox members, that is.

Suddenly, his built-in sensors beeped. His vision automatically focused to somewhere past these rolling tundra hills, to somewhere maybe a mile away from his location. There, at the maximum of his optics zoom, were a band of people fighting a decent-sized Bullymong.

...including Sonic.

"And here I thought the movie was bad enough. Fuck. Here we go." He groaned, stretched, and set off at a slow sprint.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Trigger
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The situation that Trigger in was very tense. His gun had been shot out of his hand and he had no way of getting to it in the middle of the gunfight. Trigger had been in plenty of situations like this before, but this one he wasn't prepared for. Death might have come for Trigger and the rest of the group if a flash of green light didn't save them.

"FU-" Trigger began to shout as the flash engulfed him. He tried to cover his eyes in an attempt to not be blinded, but the light surrounded him from all directions. Gravity felt like it had failed him as a falling sensation began. When Trigger opened his eyes he quickly began to realize he was in the air above a very large group of signs. His ribs collided with several pieces of wood as he bounced off the signs and into the road. "-uuuck…" he let out in a slow breath when he reached the ground. "I was gonna eat a sandwich today… and look at what's happening now…" he complained. Trigger looked into the sky to see a large ship in the shape of an "H" overlooking the planet. It settled silently in the sky, giving off a sense of dread. He sat up to see that he was sitting next to what appeared to be a gas station made of scrap metal. Before he could inspect the weird building, he heard shouts behind him and possibly a roar from a large creature. Trigger turned to see that some of the group was fighting what looked like a large gorilla with four arms, and next to it a small blue bundle of fur. Trigger no longer had his gun with him, a shame since it could have been sold for probably a high price. He went to get up and felt a sharp pain in his calf. "Agh!" he shouted as he looked down to see a large piece of wood sticking out of it. It probably was in his leg from when he fell. Today was just not Trigger's day. He didn't bother getting up the rest of the way since he might lose quite a bit of blood if he did. It would be better for him to stay in one place and wait for assistance, so he leaned up against the rickety building next to him.