1. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
Genres
Romance, Supernatural, Fantasy, Thriller, Space Exploration, Slice of Life

spooptroop.png

SPOOP TROOP
ON IWAKU'S DISCORD

Barely out of highschool and on your way to college, you and your friends have been inspired by youtube videos of ghost hunting to start your own ghost hunting gang: The Spoop Troop! Now your dumb asses are out in the middle of bumblefuck nowhere to walk around an abandoned hospital with go-pros and phones in your hands, cheap equipment and the desire to find something spooky.

Will this little adventure just be silly good fun, or shall the gang find out some things were meant to be left alone?!

EVENT INFO

WHO: Everyone is invited! Character Bios/Pics are not required, but totally encouraged! Post 'em if you got 'em.

WHAT: You're just a bunch of normal 18 to 20somethings out for a good time at this abandoned hospital. What could possibly go wrong.

WHERE: Join us on DISCORD in the SPOOP TROOP CHANNEL.

HOW: This is an ACTION ADVENTURE WITH IMPROVISATIONAL GAME MASTERING. That means the object of this roleplay is to do the job and try not to get killed in the process From those interactions I will create a plot and story around you. The majority of this roleplay will just be developing your character and interacting within the setting!

My roleplays are always NEWBIE FRIENDLY so even if you are terrible at roleplay or have never participated in a ChaRP before, this will be easy for you to get involved in. :D Ask questions, let me know when you need help. I often give tips and direction out of character in the main chat room when people need a little direction. You can also reference our MINI CHARP GUIDE!

This is TODAY at Noon central time! That's 3 hours from now!

1696869901336.png
Name: Imojen Periwinkle
Orientation: Pansexual
Personality:
Imojen delights in the paradoxical and the strange. She is constantly delving into the literature of the paranormal, the occult, and Fortean "High Strangeness" in search of ontological adventure. She is a practicing Chaos Magician and Hermeticist. She often speaks in odd koans and peculiar vocabulary, or does things intended to make people question their notions of reality. She's never malicious about it; it's all meant to be fun and even helpful, handing out Red Pills like candy.

Last edited:
  • Diana Ò◇ÓOPToday at 7:41 AM

Barely out of highschool and on your way to college, you and your friends have been inspired by youtube videos of ghost hunting to start your own ghost hunting gang: The Spoop Troop! Now your dumb asses are out in the middle of bumblefuck nowhere to walk around an abandoned hospital with go-pros and phones in your hands, cheap equipment and the desire to find something spooky.Will this little adventure just be silly good fun, or shall the gang find out some things were meant to be left alone?!

• Diana Ò◇ÓOPToday at 10:40 AM

A GROUP OF FRIENDS AND ACQUAINTENCES FIND THEMSELVES OUTSIDE OF AN ABANDONED HOSPITAL... We the grand idea of taking video and starting a "Ghost Hunting" youtube channel. It's almost midnight. A chilly fall day with fog rolling in from the woods.

• 🌈Ochalla🌈Today at 11:01 AM

Tiffany tried to get comfortable with the camera in her hand. She was used to making videos, but with her phone. This wasn't going to be as easy as she first thought but at least she didn't have to carry the "ghost hunting" equipment. Not that she thought any of it would work. "I doesn't look as scary as the pictures."

• WolfspearToday at 11:02 AM

Ember crossed her arms as she looked at the abandoned hospital. Of course she knew better than others about ghosts existing. She nodded to Tiffany, trying to be reassuring. "Yeah, it looks fine."

littlekreenToday at 11:02 AM

Harmon might wear the flannel of the group as much as the stereotype went, but his family farmed at the outskirts in the sticks. Fairly tall with a strong frame he was looking at a technical school when somebody drafted him for helping with equipment. He liked the old spooky stories told around the fire and tightened the ear hat against the cold. He lugged the pack on and peered at the others, "The wind makes this place really cold though. I bet the building's not much better."

• Diana Ò◇ÓOPToday at 11:04 AM

Derek Santos is a spoiled rich kid that isn't exactly friendly, but he had the money for the good equipment and thus was invited as long as he didn't start fights. He already hefted on a backfull full of all kinds of ghost hunting gear and was trying to get a spirit box turned on. "Who the hell are we waiting for anyway, lets get inside already."

• littlekreenToday at 11:06 AM

"I brought some small bolt cutters. as long as the locks aren't too thick anyhow." He looked about, "Are there any guard shacks or something?"

• WolfspearToday at 11:06 AM

Ember rolled her eyes a little before sighing and nodding. "Fine, fine. Let's go." She started walking towards the front entrance.

• 🌈Ochalla🌈Today at 11:09 AM

Tiffany nodded as Harmon commented about how it wasn't going to be any warmer inside. She had already bundled up as much as she wanted to be. At least it wouldn't be colder. "Okay, camera rolling then." She had three batteries for back up, a head lamp and a back up flashlight. She was set to be following behind everyone else.

• Diana Ò◇ÓOPToday at 11:09 AM

It seemed this abandoned building was so old, they didn't even bother having security anymore. Whatever fencing they had to block off the area had long since fallen down. Windows were broken out all over the place. All that remained to lockup was the chain on the front doors.

• Zarko StraadiToday at 11:10 AM

Imojen buttoned the top buttons of her black overcoat against the chill. The angular techy look of the night-vision goggles on her forehead was a little incongruous with its old-fashioned aesthetic, but at least they were black. She pulled them down and turned them on long enough to check that they were working, then deactivated them and slid them back up on her forehead. She had a Go Pro attached to her neck with a velvet choker, and her laptop along with some other gadgets in a satchel slung over her shoulder. Her occult gear was in a velvet drawstring bag attached to her belt. Wearing an impish grin, she followed after the others.

• Imojen's coat:

• TribsToday at 11:12 AM

One member of the Spoop Troop was missing, Genevieve Thomas hadn't shown up yet. She'd texted everyone that morning as normal. She was the kind of kid who loved witchy things and read the cards and tea leaves and wore crystals and fluffy skirts and saved bees and butterflies and spiders.And she wasn't there yet.

• littlekreenToday at 11:13 AM

Harmon swung off the worn heavy backpack a moment to pull the bolt cutter out as they got closer to the doors and pulled some leather gloves out of his flannel to wear, "I brought the biggest one of these I can carry around. The big one is like twenty pounds."

• WolfspearToday at 11:13 AM

Ember chuckled a little. "It's a good thing you didn't lug that one around, then."

• Zarko StraadiToday at 11:15 AM

"Should we wait for Genevieve?" Imojen said. She got out her phone and texted her. We're here. Where are you at?

• WolfspearToday at 11:15 AM

Ember paused. "It is odd she isn't here."

• Diana Ò◇ÓOPToday at 11:16 AM

Derek huffed. "We SAID midnight, and Tiff's asshole brother already bailed. She probably got spooked and bailed too. Lets just crack the doors already and go!"

• Lucky, Phantom of the DiscordToday at 11:17 AM

Ryan was definitely not a lot of late because he had to sneak out of the house and avoid both his father from catching him and his sister for ratting on him. Nope, totally not that. So he got there, later than everyone else. " I guess it is a good thing I haven't heard anything from the future yet," he mumbled.

• littlekreenToday at 11:18 AM

Harmon opened up the three foot long set of bolt cutters and opened them wide to slip around one of the links, "Hope it's not hardened steel. Looks a bit rusted by now."Harmon braced and started pulling hard at the bolt cutters to get through the thick chain.

• TribsToday at 11:19 AM

There was no answer from Genevieve. She was normally the type of person who responded immediately with something silly like a frog emoji.

• 🌈Ochalla🌈Today at 11:20 AM

It was true he was an asshole, but Genevieve never seemed like it. In fact she had been one of the more excited members of the group. It was weird, but maybe she did chicken out. In the meantime she focused on Harmon cutting down the fence.

• Diana Ò◇ÓOPToday at 11:20 AM

That chain snapped like it was made of soft plastic and slipped down to the ground like a slithery clanging snake. Easy easy, they were in!

• WolfspearToday at 11:21 AM

Ember opened the door and peaked inside. It still managed to send a shiver up her spine.

• Zarko StraadiToday at 11:21 AM

"She's not texting me back," Imojen said. "Maybe she's driving and just about here? I'm going to try calling her." She tapped her phone to call Genevieve. She didn't recall if her car had a hands-free setup or not.

• littlekreenToday at 11:21 AM

Harmon almost dropped the bolt cutter as it ate the soft steel, "Holy, agh. This thing is either rusted to shit or they used harbor freight for chains. Think we won't have much problem getting in."

• Diana Ò◇ÓOPToday at 11:24 AM

"Well I'm not waiting," spat Derek, who immediately shoved past Harmon as soon as the chain was off the doors. In fact, he practically kicked the doors open to let them into the main lobby of the old hospital. "HEY GHOSTS. IT'S TIME TO PARTY YOU DEAD SHITHEADS."

• WolfspearToday at 11:25 AM

Ember glared at Derek as she was pushed aside, crossing her arms again, mumbling. "Idiot."

• 🌈Ochalla🌈Today at 11:25 AM

"Am I going to have to bleep Derek constantly or are we keeping it all in?" She muttered to Harmon as she let the camera follow him and Ember.

• Lucky, Phantom of the DiscordToday at 11:25 AM

Ryan would hear the doors kick open much before he got to the group, much like he heard the chain link fence snap. " I swear, Derek isn't very patient at all," he mumbled running to catch up with the rest of his ghost hunting crew.

• TribsToday at 11:26 AM

On the front desk of the old hospital sat a familiar backpack. It belonged to Genevieve. You could tell because of the fuzzy bee keychain and the fact that it was bright yellow and covered with iron patches of sunflowers.

• littlekreenToday at 11:27 AM

Harmon looked at the bolt cutter in his hand then up to the tall building, "Kicking in a ghosts front door? Well, the place definately looks like it's looking back."He kept the bolt cutter on his shoulder instead of putting it back and followed in, "Shouldn't be any tweakers way out here but still..."

• Diana Ò◇ÓOPToday at 11:28 AM

As expected the place was trashed on the inside from decades of decay and vandalism. Obviously, they weren't the first to come here to party, look around, or squat. Curious that Genevieve had apparently gotten there first but never told anyone!

• Lucky, Phantom of the DiscordToday at 11:29 AM

Ryan would walk over to Genvieve's bag to see if there was anything inside of it. He also may have been trying to catch her scent on it for later.

• WolfspearToday at 11:30 AM

Ember also approached the bag, tilting her head slightly. "Why would she come without any of us?"

• 🌈Ochalla🌈Today at 11:31 AM

Once Tiffany was inside she wanted to gag. This place was a DUMP. However she was soon distracted as everyone focused on Geney's bag. "It doesn't make any sense," she agreed with Ember, camera doing a close up on the bag. "Is this a prank?"

• Zarko StraadiToday at 11:32 AM

Reluctantly, Imojen followed the others inside, phone still ringing. She rolled her eyes at Derek's antics. He wasn't in the...well, spirit of this at all! Still no answer. I would rather she didn't have to try to find us all a-- she thought, until she spotted Genni's backpack.

• WolfspearToday at 11:32 AM

Ember frowned and shook her head. "Is she really the type to play this kind of prank?"

• littlekreenToday at 11:32 AM

Harmon put the safety latch on the handle of the bolt cutters so they wouldn't move if he had to wack something. The dark had the feeling like there was something in the forest looking back. Sometimes it was bears. He looked at the other girls, "Did anyone call her? is it ringing in here somewhere? I don't hear anything."

• TribsToday at 11:33 AM

There was Genevieve's notebook inside the bag and her water bottle and various other trinkets that she always kept with her. Nothing of important. The notebook was open with a doodle of the hospital surrounded by cute ghosties.It was clear that she was excited. Genevieve loved ghosts. She told everyone that her Mom was one.

• Lucky, Phantom of the DiscordToday at 11:35 AM

Ryan would take the notebook out and decide to flip through the pages, also grabbing the water to see what temperature it was at.

• TribsToday at 11:35 AM

The water was still cold.

• Diana Ò◇ÓOPToday at 11:35 AM

"She's probably in the building somewhere talking to a damn wall," snorted Derek. "I'm going to see if I can find the old surgery rooms, who is coming with me?"

• WolfspearToday at 11:35 AM

Ember rolled her eyes at Derek.

• Lucky, Phantom of the DiscordToday at 11:37 AM

" Okay, the water is still cold, so either this place is so cold that it didn't change, she put ice cubes in it or she just got it here. One of the three," Ryan replied, still flipping through the notebook.

• littlekreenToday at 11:38 AM

Harmon moved a bit to look down one of the hallways and fished out a thick flashlight with an armature on one side, "I've got a crank light. It's not spotlight but it's LED."He tested the floor a moment to see how good a condition it was in or if the rotten wood bounced.

• 🌈Ochalla🌈Today at 11:39 AM

As much as Tiffany wanted to know what was going on with Gene, she needed to record the action and that meant, unfortunately, following Derek.

Zarko StraadiToday at 11:39 AM

"The person you are trying to reach is not answering," a robot voice said from Imojen's phone. Imojen waited for the beep, then said, "Geni, where are you? Are you OK? Call me, alright?" and hung up. Aaaaaand Derek wanted to barge off. "We should do this systematically," she said to him. "Besides: First Rule of Horror Movies: Never Split Up." She had quite a few First Rules of Horror Movies, but that had to be one of the more important ones.

• WolfspearToday at 11:40 AM

Ember looked down the hallways and nodded. "I agree, we shouldn't split up."

• Lucky, Phantom of the DiscordToday at 11:40 AM

Ryan would go back to the bag to see if her phone was currently in there are Imojen called it.

• TribsToday at 11:43 AM

The phone was not in the bag. It sat there forlorn and lost without the bright and vibrant girl who normally carried it. Her water bottle was mostly full and a vivid green covered in stickers of mushrooms. It looked like she'd sat it all down and then just stepped away.

• Diana Ò◇ÓOPToday at 11:43 AM

"I'ts not a horror movie Imo! Get over it!" laughed Derek, throwing up a middle finger to everyone that wasn't following! With his spirit box in hand, he went ahead in HIS chosen direction to do his searching! "Heeey ya ghosts. I got a box here if you want to do some chattin'."

• Zarko StraadiToday at 11:45 AM

Imojen checked the desk and the area around it searching for handprints or footprints or anything else that might show which way Geni had gone. Reaching into her satchel, she came out with a blacklight and started waving it around the area. Hopefully, it would pick up any fingerprints or...blood stains. She really hoped there wouldn't be any bloodstains.

• littlekreenToday at 11:45 AM

Harmon pulled up the rear as not to get left behind, "Well watch the floor at least. This place is like our old barn full of dry rot."

• WolfspearToday at 11:45 AM

Ember sighed as Derek left, she wondered if she should follow him just in case or not.

• 🌈Ochalla🌈Today at 11:47 AM

They were going to have to choose clips without Derek for TikTok. No way they'd get around the censors. YouTube videos would also have to be heavily edited. Someone was going to better help her with that. The creaking of the boards as they walked, the sound of the wind & all their talking was going to hide any "ghost sounds" if anything besides a mouse was in here.

• Diana Ò◇ÓOPToday at 11:48 AM

Unfortunately for Imojen, there were ALL KINDS of stains everywhere. But to be fair, it probably wasn't JUST blood, it could be the peepees and poopoos, and jizz, other unfortunate fluids from decades of time. Those who followed Derek got to hear his spirit box give off static and occasional words from radio stations nearby but nothing noticable.

• WolfspearToday at 11:49 AM

Ember decided 'screw it' and followed Derek. His dumb ass would probably need protecting.

• littlekreenToday at 11:51 AM

Harmon had stopped as he started to lose sight of the two behind him to look back at Ember and smiled, "He'll probably fall through the rotten floor from the weight of his ego. If we stay near the walls it should creak less."

• WolfspearToday at 11:52 AM

Ember nodded and chuckled a little. "True enough. Let's do that." She moved to the side near the left wall.

• Lucky, Phantom of the DiscordToday at 11:52 AM

Ryan would pick up the bag and take it with him, deciding that it was probably the best course of action and gave it a good old weird sniff to see if he could catch her scent anywhere.

• Zarko StraadiToday at 11:54 AM

"No, but it is an old building that could be structurally unsound, and there could be squatters or--" Imojen said. But he was already tromping off in full crash-and-bash mode. She sighed with disappointment. Her ghost-hunting mood was already kiboshed, between Derek's antics and Genevieve being missing. Where would she have wanted to go first? Not the surgery rooms. The pediatric wing, maybe? That's where she'd be most likely to find something cute... "OK, let's all go together," she said, starting off in pursuit of Derek. He'll get bored with the surgery rooms about as soon as he gets there. "Then let's go to the pediatric wing."

• littlekreenToday at 11:56 AM

Harmon moved forward, tugging his ear hat on again as they walked. A bit unnerved by the too dark-corridors with openings equally too dark. His flashlight stayed down at the floor as he went trying to keep the others in view and said without looking back, "Pediatric wing sounds nicer. All these adult sized beds and stuff. Here there were dragons."

• Diana Ò◇ÓOPToday at 11:56 AM

"I'm down for pediatrics! Maybe we'll catch some dead wailing babies!" said Derek.

• WolfspearToday at 11:57 AM

Ember shrugged a little. "I'm up for whatever you guys decide. Either way it's creepy."

• Zarko StraadiToday at 11:58 AM

Imojen raised an eyebrow at the way Ryan sniffed at Geni's bag. But she was used to his little weirdnesses. It was one of the things she liked about him. "I'm thinking maybe that's where Geni would have gone first?"

• 🌈Ochalla🌈Today at 11:58 AM

Tiffany paused to pan around with the camera. She whispered the head count as she looked at the party. "4, 5, 6…" She hated to admit it but the room was kinda cool with all the old stuff. Still no ghosts.

• Zarko StraadiToday at 12:01 PM

The blacklight was basically useless, so Imojen put it away and fished out her EMF detector instead. She clipped her Bluetooth infrared sensor onto her phone and activated the app, and started panning around in search of any "cold spots" or other anomalies.

• Diana Ò◇ÓOPToday at 12:01 PM

There were enough pointed arrows and painted signs still on some walls in the winding halls to help give direction to their hunting. It didn't take long for Derek to weave them around through some unhinged double doors into what used to be the surgical space. Past explorers of the building thought it was real funny to set the place up like a horror scene... there was the old surgical table, but a stuffed up scarecrow was on top. Cover in god's knew what cause it long since rotted away. It smelled BAD. Like old meat. Painted up on the walls were "satanic symbols" or at least what someone thought looked like them.

• littlekreenToday at 12:02 PM

Harmon glanced up at the ceiling to inspect for water spots then back down where he was going, "What kind of hospital was this? One of those asylums with restraints? They all kinda shut down at once I guess."he held his nose as they got closer to the scarecrow, "Oh, gross..."

• WolfspearToday at 12:02 PM

Ember wrinkled her nose at the scene. "Who the fuck did this, do you think?"

• 🌈Ochalla🌈Today at 12:04 PM

"Nope, nope nope nope!" Tiffany walked backwards to get out of the room. There was freaky and then there was bad smells. She didn't want to end up stepping in something in there and have the smell follow her. "Use your phones for footage, I'll be out in the hall."

• Zarko StraadiToday at 12:05 PM

"Ew," Imojen said. "Pfft. They coudln't even get Lucifuge Rofocale's sigil right," she said, rolling her eyes at the 'Satanic' symbols.

• littlekreenToday at 12:06 PM

"Probably somebody who lights kittens on fire. I mean there's edgy then there's this stuff." Harmon looked over to Imogen a little nasal from holding the smell at bay, "Somebody trying to copy something out of a book? or something?"

• Diana Ò◇ÓOPToday at 12:06 PM

"Daaaamn, they did a number on this guy!" exclaimed Derek, having no issues with picked up a rotted meat covered scarecrow and slowly moving towards the girls. "OOoOOOOooooo. Old Meat Man's gonna getchaaaaa!"

• WolfspearToday at 12:08 PM

Ember made a face, backing away. "Seriously, Derek?!"

• littlekreenToday at 12:08 PM

Harmon gagged as he let go of his nose to gesture, "Dude! Don't get any of that stuff on us, we gotta drive back!"

• Lucky, Phantom of the DiscordToday at 12:08 PM

Ryan would sniff and find that he couldn't get a clear scent at all, Gen's scent going in circles all around him. He would pause for a beat, getting this weird off sound, but he couldn't tell if it was really happening, yet to happen or had happen before. His "visions" had been very wonky lately.

• Diana Ò◇ÓOPToday at 12:09 PM

In fact, Ryan was finding he was not getting visions, impressions, feelings, or anything at ALL while here in the abandoned hospital. It in itself was quite strange!

Lucky, Phantom of the DiscordToday at 12:11 PM

Ryan felt an unnerved sense when he realized that he hadn't had one vision yet in the hospital or even outside of it or about it. Even thinking about this place hadn't sparked-well-no, it had sparked one thing. But it hadn't made sense to him.

• Zarko StraadiToday at 12:11 PM

"EYEWWW, Derek!" Imojen said, backing away from him to head for the hallway to join Tiffany. "You realize you could get cholera or something from that, right? Also, First Rule of Horror Movies: Derek dies first. I mean, the guy who acts like you are does."

• 🌈Ochalla🌈Today at 12:11 PM

Outside the surgical room, Tiffany started walking down the hall a small ways, recording. She figured she could splice in some raw hallways scenes into their video. Maybe preview gifs. Unlikely but maybe get ghostly shadows or audio on fill now that she wasn't with everyone. Riiiiight.

• WolfspearToday at 12:13 PM

Ember glanced back and noticed Tiffany was gone. She frowned, backing towards the hallway.

• littlekreenToday at 12:13 PM

Harmon stayed away from the markings as even if Imojen said they were wrong he wasn't about to step inside a demon circle, "Ugh, are there any papers left? Like when did this place close?"

• Diana Ò◇ÓOPToday at 12:14 PM

As Tiffany wandered farther and farther away from the group, she found herself down another long empty hall. And because she is alone, she could hear something going CLOP CLOP CLOP as a soft echo.

• 🌈Ochalla🌈Today at 12:16 PM

Keeping the camera steady (ish) Tiffany looked around. She hadn't realized she'd walked so far from the others. She didn't hear them but the strange sound. Like a horse? No that wasn't right. "Wind can make strange sounds," she tried to convince herself, even as she started walking again, curious now.

• Diana Ò◇ÓOPToday at 12:16 PM

Derek of course just cackled and tossed aside the rotting scarecrow. "Nothing is going to happen out here. We'll get some creepy footage at best. Maybe run into a pot head or homeless crackhead. Y'all need to lighten up!"

• Zarko StraadiToday at 12:16 PM

"There's probably offices somewhere," Imojen said, "But I think we need to go to the Pediatric wing, and where is Tiffany?!" she groaned. "It's the First Rule!"

• WolfspearToday at 12:17 PM

Ember sighed a little. "Looks like Tiffany wandered off down the hall. Want me to go look for her?"

• littlekreenToday at 12:20 PM

Harmon looked around for tiffany anyway as this place got on his nerves more than derek. He'd been out hunting at night with his dad and you never knew what was walking past you in the pitch-ass forest dark. He shook his head, "This place reeks, if we're going to look for her we should all go then hit up somewhere that doesn't smell like a pig farm."

• Lucky, Phantom of the DiscordToday at 12:20 PM

Ryan would look over at them. " I mean, I don't like this place, there's something off about it."

• Zarko StraadiToday at 12:21 PM

"And maybe the homeless crackhead will want to stab you," Imojen said, "And you'd bleed out while he picks your pockets because everybody decided to go off by themselves!"

• WolfspearToday at 12:22 PM

Ember sighed again and nodded. "You make a good point. But still, we can't just leave her to keep wandering alone."

• Zarko StraadiToday at 12:23 PM

"Can we all go look for her?" Imojen said.

• Lucky, Phantom of the DiscordToday at 12:23 PM

Ryan would look over at Imojen. " Should we be concerned about Gen then because she definitely wondered off before we got here alone."

• littlekreenToday at 12:25 PM

"The interior of this place is really dark. I've seen more people stains I think than building stains. We need the light if we're gonna find either of them." He started cranking his flashlight to recharge it, "Does she have her own light or just the goggles?"

• WolfspearToday at 12:25 PM

Ember nodded. "Good idea, Imojen. And another good point, Ryan. We should be looking for both of them."

• Zarko StraadiToday at 12:26 PM

"I'm concerned about both of them," Imojen said. She minimized her infrared viewer app and tried texting Tiffany. Tiff, come back!

• 🌈Ochalla🌈Today at 12:28 PM

Tiffany meanwhile had "only" walked a little bit away. It wouldn't be hard to turn back and find her friends. Just a little closer to the, there was a buzzing, oh her phone. She dug in her jacket pocket to grab it, but as she looked down it was dark. "I had a full charge!"

• Diana Ò◇ÓOPToday at 12:29 PM

CLOP CLOP CLOP. The sound came closer and closer to Tiffany as she stood there in the hall. A BIG shadow came around the corner. CLOP CLOP CLOP CLOP.

• Zarko StraadiToday at 12:29 PM

"I can use my night vision," Imojen said, powering up her goggles and pulling them down.

• Lucky, Phantom of the DiscordToday at 12:29 PM

Ryan would nod. " I think that is fair and I do think you care about both of them too," he replied.

• Diana Ò◇ÓOPToday at 12:29 PM

"We could split up and look for them both if you're all going to be babies about it," suggested Derek. "That way no one is alone and we can find them faster."

• WolfspearToday at 12:31 PM

Ember nodded. "That's the best solution. Smart, surprising coming from you Derek."

• 🌈Ochalla🌈Today at 12:32 PM

"Why are you dead!" Tiffany said in distress. She then saw it, or rather didn't see it. She stared at the shadow, not even knowing what she could be looking at. "Oh!" She reached up and turned on her headlamp to see what the shadow was.

• littlekreenToday at 12:32 PM

Harmon went over to Imogen and two handed the bolt cutters like a club, "I'll stick with midnight snake over here with the spy goggles. There's two of us missing now."

• Diana Ò◇ÓOPToday at 12:33 PM

A flash of beady yellow eyes. Long long horns. It was... it was a whole ass deer! A buck! And with the flash of light in it's face it freaked the fuck out and came charging at Tiffany!

• Lucky, Phantom of the DiscordToday at 12:33 PM

" I don't think splitting up is a good idea though. Someone is going to find something terrifying if we do."

• Zarko StraadiToday at 12:34 PM

Again with the splitting up, Imojen thought, but at least if they were in pairs it wouldn't be quite as bad. "OK, but we stay in communication," she said pulling out her walkie-talkie. Quicker and easier to use than a phone, and it didn't need cell service. "Radio check. You guys did bring your walkies, right?"

WolfspearToday at 12:35 PM

Ember smiled a little and raised her walkie out of her pocket. "Yup, got it right here."

littlekreenToday at 12:35 PM

Harmon fished in his flannel inside pocket with one hand it was more a hunting tool than a toy, "Yeah, brought mine from home."

• Lucky, Phantom of the DiscordToday at 12:37 PM

Ryan would whistle sheepshily. " It was hard enough to sneak out of the house with my phone, but I couldn't exactly take the walkie. You all know how my dad is about late night trips."

• 🌈Ochalla🌈Today at 12:37 PM

Tiffany gave a blood curtailing scream as she turned to run. A tickle of a memory hit her. The floors being old. Keep to the wall. Thank goodness for Harmon. She moved to the edge to run…

• Diana Ò◇ÓOPToday at 12:38 PM

Whoopwhoop! Went the sound of Derek's walkie when he pressed the buttons and then he paused at the sudden scream that surely everyone heard! "Oh hey, one of the girls!"

• WolfspearToday at 12:38 PM

Ember felt a shiver go up her spine at the scream. "Shit!"

• littlekreenToday at 12:39 PM

Harmon looked toward the hallway as the thick walls channeled the pitched noise for once, "There she is! You'll have to lead Imogen, I'm not running anywhere with this teeny light!"

• Diana Ò◇ÓOPToday at 12:39 PM

CLOPCLOPCLOPCLOP the deer's hooves sounded on the oldass floors as it gave chase! It was making a furious snorting!

• littlekreenToday at 12:41 PM

"Is there a deer in here? I swear I hear hooves?" Harmon held onto the bolt cutters as his hackles went up and his knuckles whitened from the grip.

• Zarko StraadiToday at 12:42 PM

'Midnight Snake?' Imojen thought, wondering what to think of the new nickname Harmon gave her. It sounds like a cheesy '80's hair-metal band. But she shrugged. There were worse nicknames. She turned her walkie on. "Tiffany, Geni, either of you have your radio on? Can you hear--" she said, cut off by the scream. "It sounds to me like it came from that way!" Then Harmon spoke. "OK, follow me," she said, heading toward the sound.

• littlekreenToday at 12:44 PM

His light was directly in his path as to not set off the goggles too much directly and not trip over the floor holding the six pound tool in front of him with one hand.

🌈Ochalla🌈Today at 12:44 PM

Tiffany hated gym class. She hated running. She hated having to hold on to the camera. "Why… is… there… a… deer…." Her headlamp bobbed as she came closer to the intersecting hallways. She did NOT want to get gorged by a buck.

Lucky, Phantom of the DiscordToday at 12:45 PM

"It did sound like a deer," Ryan replied, as he had known what they sounded like. Thankfully the radio was there to cover the fact that he could literally hear that.

Zarko StraadiToday at 12:46 PM

A deer? Imojen thought. Yes, she could hear hoofbeats too, and echoes of snorting. She was more surprised to encounter a deer in this building (what with no grass or anything edible for it inside) than she would have been to encounter a ghost. Rats and raccoons maybe, even a bear (shudder), but deer?

WolfspearToday at 12:47 PM

Ember tilted her head hearing the hoofbeats and smelling the deer, somehow over the rotting scarecrow.

• Diana Ò◇ÓOPToday at 12:47 PM

Derek rounded one of the hall corners and there was Tiffany, running past him like hell itself was on her heels. "Oh hey Tif- OH FUCK! OH SHIT!" Derek himself scrambled to turn on a dime and start running with Tiffany. "Y'ALL BOOK IT! FUCKIN DEMON ASS SHIT UP IN HERE!"

• TribsToday at 12:48 PM

There was a crack! As someone ran over something glittery and pink laying in the hallway!

• Lucky, Phantom of the DiscordToday at 12:49 PM

Ryan would look down. " Hey, isn't that Gen's phone?" Ryan asked.

• littlekreenToday at 12:51 PM

Harmon looked to the hallways as he followed Imojen and suddenly realized that if a deer was heading this way they were in the middle of a deer run, "Looks like a deer, sounds like a deer. Shit! Get in a side room before we get trampled!"He started looking for a door to duck into even if he had to bash his way through.

• Lucky, Phantom of the DiscordToday at 12:53 PM

Ryan would pick it up as quickly as he could, sliding himself back towards the rest of the group.

• WolfspearToday at 12:54 PM

Ember quickly ducked into a room with Harmon to avoid the deer.

Diana Ò◇ÓOPToday at 12:55 PM

The wild, potentially rabid buck chased them down the halls until the stumbled into what used to be a large cafeteria. It followed them in, ready to start charging until -- BLAM! A gunshot went off the buck hit the ground with a loud thud. After a few, what felt like long agonizing minutes, a woman in a forest rangers uniform peered through the doors. "...the hell are you kids doing in here?"

littlekreenToday at 12:56 PM

Harmon had ducked behind a table until blinking for a moment as the adrenaline wore enough to word again, "Uh... friend of ours is missing around here, ma'am."

• Lucky, Phantom of the DiscordToday at 12:58 PM

Ryan would consider a lie for a moment. " Well, one of our friends," he gestured to Derek, "-thought this was a good place to do some ghost hunting videos, so we just thought to see if we could find anything but now one of our friends got lost and there was a deer and I kind of just want to go home now,"

WolfspearToday at 12:58 PM

Ember tilted her head, coming out from her hiding spot. "Who are you?"

Zarko StraadiToday at 12:58 PM

Imojen saw green/dark green blurs as Tiffany came around the corner headed her way, Derek joined her--and then the buck came skittering around the corner. In the goggles, all their eyes glowed in properly creepy fashion, but the deer's especially. Imojen let out a high-pitched scream and fled with the others into the cafeteria, and screamed again, because there was someone waiting for them there--with a gun! "AH!" The muzzle flash blinded her, and she had to yank the goggles off. A forest ranger? In the middle of an abandoned hospital? At midnight? "Uh..." she said, fully aware she had no legitimate explanation for all the gear she was carrying.

🌈Ochalla🌈Today at 1:00 PM

Tiffany didn't think she could be scared any more, until she heard the gunshot and felt like her body went halfway out of her body. There was a woman and now behind Tiffany a dead or dying deer. She did the only logical thing at this point. She started to cry and blubber. "Why was there a deer in the abandon hospital." Is what she was saying but it was barely intelligible

• Diana Ò◇ÓOPToday at 1:00 PM

"Hey fuck you! I didn't plan this stupid trip!" shouted Derek. "I'mma beat your damn ass Ryan!"

• Zarko StraadiToday at 1:01 PM

"Are you OK?" Imojen said, hurrying over to Tiffany to take her by the shoulders.

• Diana Ò◇ÓOPToday at 1:02 PM

The forest ranger stood there, surprisingly patient with all these people blabbering an assortment of interesting reasons. "Uh huh. You know there's No Trespassing signs up for a reason, right? This old building is dangerous to be in. Not to mention the animals that hide up in here trying to avoid the cougars in the woods... "

• littlekreenToday at 1:04 PM

Harmon took a moment to breathe then stood up, and looked around. The ranger was a real good shot to hit that buck at short range with one bullet said to himself in astonishment at the deer, "Nice shot."He headed over to Imogen with Tiffany, "You two okay?"

• 🌈Ochalla🌈Today at 1:04 PM

Tiffany was shaking due to the adrenaline rush that had been running for her life. She wasn't alright. Not even a little. This was way too weird. "Too weird. Too weird. Why is there a ranger in the hospital. Too weird."

• WolfspearToday at 1:05 PM

Ember sighed as she moved towards the forest ranger. "Is that why you're in here? To kill animals that get in?"

Lucky, Phantom of the DiscordToday at 1:06 PM

Ryan would quirk an eyebrow. " Sorry, old habit. Usually most of our bad ideas are your fault," he replied, ignoring the threat mostly because he could dodge Derek's attacks. "I didn't se any of the no trespassing signs."

• Zarko StraadiToday at 1:08 PM

Cougars?! Why didn't I think about cougars? Imojen thought. And rabid deer?! "I know, right?!" she said to Tiffany. "I totally did not plan for rabid deer and cougars and bears, oh my." She turned to Derek and Ryan. "Please don't beat him up, Derek, he's just teasing you," she said, then turned to the ranger. "I'm sorry ma'am, this was my idea. We'll go, we promise. But one of our friends got here first and she's wandering around somewhere alone. Can you help us find her?"

• Diana Ò◇ÓOPToday at 1:09 PM

"My job is making sure nothing dangerous gets out of the woods..." explained the ranger. "You guys can't be in here at night like this. You shouldn't even be in here during the day. I can look for your friend, but all of you need to get out."

• WolfspearToday at 1:10 PM

Ember raised an eyebrow. "Anything dangerous getting out of the woods? Surely you mean regular animals and nothing... else?"

• littlekreenToday at 1:12 PM

Harmon quietly put his pack down and put the tool away in the long pack, "do grizzlies crap tourists in the woods? yeah, I didn't wanna stay outside long for a reason."

• Zarko StraadiToday at 1:13 PM

Imojen tilted her head quizzically. Forestry was far from her area of expertise, but as far as she knew, there was no such thing as forest rangers patrolling abandoned buildings at midnight to 'make sure nothing dangerous got out of the woods.' "Why would there be dangerous things getting out of the woods? Did somebody dump toxic waste out here or something?"

• Diana Ò◇ÓOPToday at 1:14 PM

"Y'all should we be questioning the crazy lady with a gun?" hissed Derek. If the lady said get out, they needed to be getting out! He sure as hell didn't want to get rabies - or shot!

• Lucky, Phantom of the DiscordToday at 1:14 PM

Ryan would look over at her. " So, which way is the closet exit for us to leave?" He asked the forest ranger.

• Diana Ò◇ÓOPToday at 1:16 PM

KACHINK! Went the ranger's gun. She did NOT look amused with all of these questions. "Unless you want me calling up the cops to pick up a bunch of trespassing kids, follow the exit signs out. Don't be stealing anything out of here that doesn't belong to you either. Take only what you brought in. I'll send your friend out if I find her."

• 🌈Ochalla🌈Today at 1:17 PM

Tiffany was starting to get a grip and yeah things were not adding up. "Yes, let's head out guys" she said in a way too chipper voice. Like hell she was abandoning Gene to gun happy rangers!

• Lucky, Phantom of the DiscordToday at 1:18 PM

Ryan would gesture to the bags for the ranger and hand her Gen's phone and bag. " This is our friend's phone and bag that we found when we came in," he replied as he decided it might be a great idea to leave.

• littlekreenToday at 1:19 PM

Harmon stood up and slug his pack back over his shoulder, not sure of what section they were in after running from that deer but looked at it, "Kind of a waste of a life. Rabies is a bastard."Harmon felt a command when he heard it, reminded him more of his dad though, "Yes, Ma'am. Making sure they're okay." He looked back at Tiffany and Imogen that had more of a confused look and nodded toward that direction of the exits. They definately didn't need to antagonize the lady with a gun right here.

• Zarko StraadiToday at 1:20 PM

O...K... Imojen thought. She's cocking her gun at a bunch of teenagers. And why is she using a single-action rifle? "Yes ma'am, we'll be going now," she said. "Come on everybody. And stay together this time?" she said, giving Tiffany a look.

• WolfspearToday at 1:20 PM

Ember stiffended at the guns cocking before nodding and looking at the others. "Yeah, let's go now."

• littlekreenToday at 1:24 PM

Harmon waited to make sure everyone was going and headed out. Though had an eye on the woman ranger periodically as he went. He didn't know for sure she was a ranger and that reaction time was inhuman. He whispered to Imojen, "I don't know how the hell she made that shot at like five meters at a running buck with one bullet."

Diana Ò◇ÓOPToday at 1:25 PM

Derek didn't have to be told twice, that's for sure. He hauled ass just as fast as he could through those halls until he was running out of the hospital into the messed up old parking lot where their cars were parked. He almost even looked scared and freaked out, but when others followed out close behind he just laughed into the night air. "That was fucking wild!"

• Lucky, Phantom of the DiscordToday at 1:25 PM

Ryan would look up and gesture for everyone to follow the exit signs to get out of this haunted hospital. The fact that-wait, had his vision been about the deer? Maybe. Screams were hard to tell apart when it was all you heard.

littlekreenToday at 1:26 PM

"Wild's one word for it. We're lucky we didn't get gored in the middle of absbestosland, nowhere."

• Lucky, Phantom of the DiscordToday at 1:27 PM

He would book it out of the hospital. " I'm more concerned that weird things hapepned there, but yeah, a lot didn't make sense," he replied, seeing if his visions were back to normal by gently and "accidently" touching Derek.

• 🌈Ochalla🌈Today at 1:27 PM

"Okay, that sucked, but…," Tiffany took off her jacket, tying it around her waist. "Who's going back with me?"

WolfspearToday at 1:28 PM

Ember let out a sigh of relief once they were out, shrugging off the fear that actually managed to bug her.

Zarko StraadiToday at 1:28 PM

As soon as they were out of earshot, Imojen gave a nod to Harmon. "I know, right? This just screeeeeams cover-up," she said, switching from Ghost Hunter Mode to Investigative Journalist Mode. "She's probably like CIA or speclial ops or something, maybe like the people who cover up UFO's! I mean, why would there be deer running around in abandoned buildings attacking people and 'forst rangers' there hunting them? That's not normal deer behavior! And 'dangerous things getting out of the woods?' As in, 'something's making the animals dangerous?'"

• TribsToday at 1:30 PM

There were headlights pulling into the parking, it was Genevieve's car! With Genevieve in it! She popped out wearing a yellow skirt and a yellow peasant top and her pink jacket. She looked puzzled as they all came out of the hospital."Oh Boo! Are you guys already done? I'm sorry I'm late, I've been at the police station all day. Someone broke into my car and stole all my stuff." She gestured at the passenger side door. The window was missing and there was a garbage bag there in it's place.

• Lucky, Phantom of the DiscordToday at 1:30 PM

" Yeah, I'm going home. I like living more than finding out what hapepend to Gen. She's probably be fine but also, the way she wanted us to leave, I feel like the hospital is definitely haunted, there was weird things and...."

• WolfspearToday at 1:30 PM

Ember's eyes widened and seeing Genevieve. "Holy crap."

• Lucky, Phantom of the DiscordToday at 1:30 PM

When Gen arrived, Ryan raised an eyebrow. " What was your bag or phone doing in there if you weren't here?" He asked clearly concerned about that.

• littlekreenToday at 1:31 PM

"Well if there's predators out here the deer would avoid these wide open grounds, I guess.... the hell?" He mused then saw the car approaching as the one we were looking for get out. "Aw hell.. did we just give your stuff to the thief?"

• 🌈Ochalla🌈Today at 1:31 PM

"Gene!" Tiffany screamed. Running up to the girl to give her a death grip hug.

• Diana Ò◇ÓOPToday at 1:32 PM

"Dude, Gene, this prank shit isn't cool!" accused Derek! Cause it HAD to be a prank, right?

• Zarko StraadiToday at 1:32 PM

"GENI!" Imojen said, hurrying over to hug the girl, but Tiffany beat her to it. "We thought--we thought you could have been dead! Whoever stole your stuff brought it here, and started dropping it inside the hospital, I guess?"

• TribsToday at 1:33 PM

"What happened? What are you talking about? My stuff was in there? What?!" Genevieve look confused and worried and then mad because what the hell?! She clung back onto Tiff and then hugged Imojen too!
    "My stuff? Oh hell, that's just creepy. You know, I had a really bad tarot reading this morning..." She shivered, her face pale white with fear.

• Zarko StraadiToday at 1:34 PM

"What cards did you get?" Imojen asked. "And which layout were you using?"

• Diana Ò◇ÓOPToday at 1:34 PM

If they looked back at the hospital, the could sometimes see a flicker of light passing in the windows. The ranger was indeed looking around the building as promised. Still, good to stay out and get into the cars as to not get shot by accident. Juuust in case that ranger had an itchy trigger finger.

littlekreenToday at 1:34 PM

The possibilities were rattling around in harmon's mind as he gazed back at the building, "So either she's not a forest ranger and took your stuff, Or the forest ranger isn't alone in there. Uh, maybe we should go?"

WolfspearToday at 1:35 PM

Ember frowned and crossed her arms. "This is getting weirder and weirder."

• Lucky, Phantom of the DiscordToday at 1:36 PM

"Okay, I guess that makes this even more concerning since your stuff like your phone was there too. Let me just-" Ryan would pull out his phone and text "Gen's" phone. 'We found our friend, she also got a new phone and bag, so you can just uhh-leave that outside for us to get tomorrow.' He added.

• TribsToday at 1:37 PM

"You know what, I don't need my stuff. I'll send my Dad tomorrow..." She shivered and rattled off about the cards and what she drew and how very very bad it all was.
    She drew back towards her car, looking at the hospital with apprehension. Someone had stolen her stuff and brought it here... Why?Why?"We should go."

• littlekreenToday at 1:39 PM

Harmon nodded, "Yeah. this place is creepy enough I don't wanna attract cougars. I'll drive anyone needs a ride." He thumbed to an old SUV used about the farm.

• WolfspearToday at 1:39 PM

Ember nodded. "It seems wise to leave now before we encounter anything truly dangerous."

• Zarko StraadiToday at 1:39 PM

"Yeah, we should go, Imojen said. "But we should come back with different equipment. Like a drone, for one thing. Because something bad is happening here. Something is making the animals aggressive if they've got 'rangers' or spec-ops people or whatever out here to 'keep them from getting out.' The world needs to know! Like, what if whatever it is gets a person? Is it contagious? Can it spread, like a chemical spill?"

• 🌈Ochalla🌈Today at 1:40 PM

"Yeah. Also Derek when we get back to your place I want a beer!" She deserved a beer! "I'll start editing the video tomorrow. It should be, um, interesting."

• littlekreenToday at 1:40 PM

"Might have some trail cams I could set down. Especially if there are deer out this way."

• Lucky, Phantom of the DiscordToday at 1:40 PM

Ryan would consider for a moment. " You know, I think we all should just get out of here like now and yeah, Derek, you live close to me right? Like two blocks away," he replied to the man. "You can punch buggy my arm on the way back to your house." He healed, he be fine.

• Diana Ò◇ÓOPToday at 1:40 PM

Derek brightened up immediately at Tiff's suggestion to hit up his place. "Oh hell yeah, beers for everybody at my place!"

• WolfspearToday at 1:41 PM

Ember smiled a little. "I could use a beer too."

• Lucky, Phantom of the DiscordToday at 1:42 PM

Ryan would look over at them. " You know that I don't drink, but I'll take like an orange juice or something," he replied.

• TribsToday at 1:43 PM

"I know I could." And Genevieve hadn't even been there! But damn she could use a beer, she slipped back into her car, staring up at the hospital again before slowly pulling out, she was going to miss her phone but that was okay. She'd get a new one if her Dad couldn't find hers.She drove away.
    It was going to be fine.

• Zarko StraadiToday at 1:43 PM

Imojen's excitement dimmed a little as no one showed the slightest interest. But then, right now, Beers At Derek's sounded pretty good. "OK. You got any weed? I didn't bring any because...well I thought we'd be ghost-hunting, but yeah. Let's go," she said, heading toward her MINI Cooper.

• 🌈Ochalla🌈Today at 1:44 PM

Tiffany was pleased and got in her car to drive to Derek's. Maybe she could go over some of the videos while drinking. That could be fun.

• WolfspearToday at 1:45 PM

Ember couldn't decide if she should investigate further or not. Eventually she decided it would better to not, she could get shot by the ranger if she explored the woods. So, she made her way to her car and entered it, driving away towards Derek's.

littlekreenToday at 1:46 PM

Harmon didn't feel like drinking after getting his adrenaline up for hours called after Imojen, "Let me know if you want the trail cams, Imojen. Nobody will question why they're way out here as long as it's not too close to private property."

Zarko StraadiToday at 1:47 PM

"Oh yeah, totally! Thanks, Harmon!" Imojen said. As she started her car and headed out with the others, Imojen decided finding out The Real Truth would probably have to be a solo mission. But the more she thought about it, the more OK that seemed. She was still rattled over the danger she thought Geni had been in, and had gotten everyone else in. Better not to put her friends' lives at risk.

Lucky, Phantom of the DiscordToday at 1:48 PM

Ryan would climb into the passenger seat of Derek's car as they went to his house, taking a backseat.

Diana Ò◇ÓOPToday at 1:50 PM

With everyone safe and sound outside the hospital and Genevieve seemingly perfectly safe as well, seemed this hospital wasn't haunted after all. They'd had themselves a really fun adventure and a great story to tell though!...but that night inside the hospital that forest ranger leaned over the deer carcass and dumped a vial of water over it. The skin sizzled and shimmered until the entire form of it shifted. The ranger pulled out a cellphone to dial up a number. "Got the wendigo. Found some old geezer missing his guts, and it almost ate up some dumb kids. We're going to have to seal this place up better."The next morning the police station called Gene to let her know a ranger had dropped her stolen stuff off at the station and it could be picked up. And while Tiffany was editing the footage, that deer was not what it had originally had seemed...THE END. ...OR IS IT?

• Thank You
Reactions: Diana