Sounds you hate

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!

Nebulous

Hakuna Matata
Original poster
What are some sounds you really don't like?

Hurting Van Halen GIF

• Haha
Reactions: jarek56
Rough textures rubbing on each other. Like sandpaper on anything rough, cardboard rubbing on cardboard, etc. Anything rough on rough is a no for me.

When people pop their knuckles. x__x

When people pop their knuckles. x__x
ROFL oh man you'd hate hanging out with me then 🤣
I can just continuously and perpetually crack my knuckles (and various other joints) and do so frequently when I'm bored and antsy or stressed

Also for my answer!
Frosted glass touching frosted glass. I hate it to bits

• Haha
Reactions: Fluffy
People who chew with their mouth open and smack their food 😒

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Ashi and jarek56
I literally move three tables away from some coworkers who do that, and they ALWAYS smack and suck as loudly as possible 🤢

Reactions: iridescent
I literally move three tables away from some coworkers who do that, and they ALWAYS smack and suck as loudly as possible 🤢
I don't even sit with my family at the dinner table because they ALL do it 🙄

• Sympathy & Compassion
Wet mouth sounds. Like people eating with their mouths open or cats grooming themselves. Drives me insane.

• Haha
The sound of my own voice.

• Haha
  • Sympathy & Compassion
Reactions: Lyrikai and jarek56
The sound of nylon or polyester being rubbed. Especially in a coat I happen to have the misfortune of wearing. It makes me feel like my skin's going to crawl off of my skeleton.

Crying and whining, but especially the bratty, throwing-a-tantrum variety. Doesn't matter if it's an animal or a child. Little else annoys me as much.

Another one is obnoxious dance remixes, the ones with those irritating squeaky sound effects and high-pitched voices. I don't typically go around and judge other people's taste in music. I like all sorts of genres myself. But holy shit. It boggles my mind why so many people in my area actively enjoy something that seems so irritating to listen to.