{ rp } a little magic to stop a little hell.

Emmanuel David

Interactions: Victoria @DANAsaur , Bea @Mobley Eats

Ah, the one variable that absolutely should have been accounted for. Insane amounts of people gathering in his space. Well, he supposed he should have seen that one coming, but regardless with such a shocking development, Emmanuel felt himself grow smaller and smaller in the room. Are men biologically supposed to be this big? Good God I must be a teeny, cute ant in here...Innnnn, outttt, iiiinnnnnn....what...what was the second part of that? Oh God, oh God something's not going right. Mmm.....IIIINNNNN.

"Emmanuel?" A familiar voice found itself greeting his ears as he tussled himself ahead of the crowd of people, even if it was just a few inches of movement. His hand went protectively to his stomach as a small twinge of nausea passed. Whewwww, this was fun. But he had been called, and considering he did have one friend here, he figured it would be a good service to talk to her and make sure that he was easily settled into...

Aaaaaand a lady Emmanuel had not recognized butt into her speaking, a wave of...assertiveness? Bitterness? He wasn't sure. He really wasn't sure. But good God above, he felt squeamish.

"Ah! Good friend! I will be with you momentarily!" Giving Victoria a bright, cheery smile, Emmanuel scuttled past the fog of human interaction and escaped freely into the kitchen, recalling the promise of hot chocolate. That would soothe his soul for certain. Besides, he knew it may be a good idea to at least get something sugary into his system for the energy that required to fight away the jet lag. Goodness, there had to have been a better way of travel...

"Yellowwwwww! Welcome to the Kitchenette of Disasters! I-I'm your host, God's Mistake and Reason to Never Touch the Bourbon Again! H-how can I make you feel better about yourself today?" Noel blinked once, then twice, then three more times at the greeting from one of his fellow witches. He wasn't sure which he needed to unpack first, the seemingly innocent appearance of the woman before him, or the words that came fumbling out of her mouth. There was...a lot to decipher. "I-I d-don't think anyone can be a mistake from God, miss." He claimed with a light, brush of pink across his cheek as he swallowed. "He did sprinkle a little too much of awkward in here though, but that's about it." He gestured to his stomach with a light rumble, the pink flashing from light to dark, crimson red. Was he stuttering just yet? Didn't seem like it. The kitchen was his safe space, after all, and there was still the promise of hot chocolate somewhere...

"Uh...most you can do to brighten my day is give me your name, miss. I figure a few friends around here isn't a bad idea..." Swallowing hard, he shook his head in response and leaned back against the kitchen counter. "Er, I don't think you are stupid now? I don't think so? Just maybe a few deep breaths cause I get it and maaan it's a tad overwhelming out there...Er, I'm Noel, by the way, you?"

• Sweet
Reactions: Mobley Eats
【Sasaki Emiko】
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
Interactions: Everyone in the front
Mentions: Front people

Letter gripped in her hands, and three bags surrounding her feet, Emiko stood in the middle of the sidewalk in the middle of Florence, Oregon, in the middle of a rain shower. She had a little pink umbrella over her head that had the cartoonish face of a cat on it, as well as little triangles of umbrella fabric sticking up to look like ears. She was... completely lost. She had given an address to the taxi man, though he seemed as confused as she was. He sort of just dropped her off eventually, and she paid him, then started wandering the streets. It was a great city, and at least she got to see some sights!

She stared at the letter in her hands, which had been partially translated into hiragana by her own hand. She would need to ask someone to point her in the right direction. She looked up at the surrounding street from her little dry spot under an awning, but saw nobody. It was raining, of course there wouldn't be many people. She began looking at signs in the area, hoping to see something familiar. Finally, she landed on a very familiar green mermaid logo. Starbucks. Picking up her things, she braved the rain, crossed the street, and ran the short distance to the shop. Inside, she shook off the rain and closed the umbrella. The smell of coffee hit her, and she hurried over to the counter. She asked for directions to the address, sort of explained that her phone wasn't working without wi-fi, and the man gladly gave her directions. She was happy for that. In return, she bought a chocolate cake pop. It was almost too sweet, which was saying something.

With directions in her head and a cake pop quickly gobbled into her stomach, Emi started out once again on her rainy-day adventure. Her bags were getting heavy. She should have packed less clothes. Following the directions she was given, she started to weave through the roads of Florence with some ease. She was nearly there, if the man was correct. However, something stopped her. Something delicious. Something completely worth it.

The pink neon light in the window was what first grabbed her attention. It was flashing and in the shape of a sprinkle doughnut. Betraying every instinct in her head that told her to get to the shop before going back out to explore properly, she went into the shop. It was a rather cute bakery, and up front was a woman behind a large glass case filled with pastries and cookies.

"How can I help you?" The older woman asked as Emi approached the case. She stared in awe at the variety, and smiled at the woman.

"Hello!" She greeted, pointing to the donuts. "Ah, one- no." She thought of the people she was going to see, and how she wanted to make a good impression. "T-twenty! Twenty doughnuts. All kinds." She wanted a variety, and the woman confirmed. A little back and forth with a few things lost in translation, and eventually Emiko walked out with a duffel bag cross-body, a large unicorn backpack on her back, a suitcase handle in her hand, and two boxes filled with two dozen doughnuts in her other hand. The lady was really nice and gave her four more for the price of twenty. She'd be going back all the time while she was here.

Finally, with the directions given by nice Starbucks man, Emiko found a shop that definitely looked witchy. Heart beating rapidly, she moved to the door. Balancing the donuts on her other arm, she reached up and opened the door, poking her head inside. She saw many people right away. She smiled and gave a shy wave, before pulling the rest of herself and her luggage inside.

"Konnichiwa! Gomennasai! Sorry for being late." She took the folded letter from the pocket on her jeans, and pulled it out. "Maris Martell?" She waved the letter with a slightly confused look on her face, hoping someone would confirm or deny she was in the right place.

"Ah!" She also picked up her two boxes of doughnuts, and held them up with the letter. "I brought you doughnuts!"

Seora Chu
Interactions: Nera @themysteriousashe ,Tasha @persephone. Severin @Annyeong Bunny , Mateus and Emiko @Tarieles
0c6905b95e00beb27fa211ded12d1a0c.jpg

Seora had slid further into the shop, absolutely enamored by the sight of the shelves before her. She'd stalled briefly, watching the stream of witches follow her lead into the shop with a slowly growing smile. God, that was a lot of them! At least enough for there to be one from each of the major covens, too! She wondered for a moment, if there'd be another fire witch joining them at some point. Maybe it was someone she already knew, or maybe she'd make a new friend! She was always happy to bond over having entirely too many lighters on her person at all times.
She might have spoken to someone, if the call of candles hadn't met her ears. There were so many. So many candles, not enough time to sniff them all.

Or was there?

Only one way to find out.

She'd reached the shelves, hand outstretched to grab a fantastically large red candle until a voice spoke up and called them to attention. She whirled, eyes wide like a deer caught in headlights, only to swipe the candle like a misbehaving cat with the motion.

Oh shit, oh god, oh fuck. She dove, scrambling for the candle before it hit the floor. She fumbled, the candle bouncing from her grasp once, then twice, before she managed to grasp it in her hands. She firmly set it back on the shelf, holding onto it the entire time Nera spoke. She kept it in her grasp, her eyes still panicked and smile sheepishly wide, as if it were an impetuous animal instead of an inanimate object she'd knocked over herself. This was fine. No one saw. It's perfectly fine.

As Nera ended her announcement with a request to meet back at the front counter in ten minutes, Seora finally removed her hand from the candle. She gave it a 'stay' motion with her hand, as if sincerely considering the idea it might move on its own. Then again, there was a flock of witches running amok in this shop, so who knew?

…A flock amok.

She was a lyrical genius.

Chuckling softly to herself, she decided to let the candles be for now. For now. She would return, so the gorgeous things should brace themselves and also not fling themselves from the shelves in her absence.

She might've gone upstairs with the others, if not for one specific thing. She watched as Nera pulled aside another woman, whispering through all but gritted teeth. Oh. Ohohoho. How spicy. There were clearly some details to that that she was dying to know.

Watching with clear interest as Nera brushed past the other witch, eyes glittering with something decidedly not innocent and could likely be found in the gaze of old trickster gods. Not that Seora would know of those.

Nope. Of course not. Not her. She was absolutely convincing, yes sir, yes ma'am.

So convincing.

Her eyes tracked Nera as she strode to the front counter, her gaze briefly flicking back to Victoria, before returning to the cosmic witch in question. Now that she was undistracted by suicidal candles and juicy drama, she could focus on the woman who had apparently taken charge.
Maybe it was shallow, but she noticed the hair first. It was so cute. It might very well be shorter than her own, and she wore the bangs well.
Should she go for bangs some day? She'd done just about everything else with her hair by this point.

Then again. Hmmmmmmmmmm.

No. No bangs. Leave the bangs to cosmic lady.

General cut aside, it looked a little…wild. Like the owner was energetic and had so much she was a part of, she could hardly care about the neatness of her hair. And that? That was a look Seora adored and employed as often as she could. The rest of disposition so far aside- the scathing remark she'd apparently given the other witch under her breath, the air of an attempt at unrelenting and utterly domineering authority,- well, Seora had high hopes for the woman in question.

Even if she wasn't quite what she thought she was, she'd be such fun to mess with.

She watched some witches skitter away towards the upstairs, some of them eventually returning. As Nera developed a small crowd around her consisting of a fellow redhead (though far more likely to be a natural one), a man in striking black and white, and another man who clearly knew the English definition of slay, based on the sheer height of those heels. Damn, he could kick someone and stab them through the heart.

Her kind of people.

She started to approach the counter, her suitcase and bags in tow, when she heard the most magical word of all.
Coffee.

"Coffee? There's coffee?" she echoed, face lighting up in delight. There was a beat of silence, then a murmured swear in her native tongue, before she extended a hand to Nera. "Right, sorry. I didn't introduce myself. I'm Seora Chu, of the Incheon fire witch coven in South Korea. I know I'm not quite who you were expecting, and I'm here to apologize on behalf of my head, Soo-Yun. She truly wanted to be here, but couldn't make it due to issues at home. I'm her second, though, and I'm more than happy to help in whatever ways I can," she assured the woman with a bright smile and the extended hand. "Love the hair, by the way. Short hair crew has to stick together." She threw her a wink before her attention shifted to Mateus. "And speaking of things I love, those heels. Please tell me they double as weapons, I'm pretty sure you can stab a man with those." She raised her hand for a high five and gave them all a bright, burning smile.

"And also other things I love, the original topic, did I hear coffee?" she asked, gaze shifting back to Nera. Right up until she heard something second best to coffee but still absolutely delightful.

"I brought you doughnuts!"

Seora proceeded to whirl around at the speed of light, nearly taking out her own legs with her suitcase, as she flung her arms out to either side in glee.

"Doughtnuts!"

Beatrice A. Kolkowsky
Interactions: Noel @KatSea | Location: Kitchen

cd0624a6fe76a5e99c6a6bf5e765ecfd8dfe7970v2_00.jpg

Hoooooooly shit thank god--this was a nice person! And, even freaking better than that--a male. By no means did Bea mean that in a shallow way; of course, she preferred the company of a fine young lady that could somewhat tolerate her potating tendencies and battle the urge to roll her eyes while in the presence of the air witch's unmatched nerdititude; however, she could finally feel a shred of normal now that she was talking to the opposite sex. He was a cutie though. Pudge and all. Bea could see herself hugging him and enjoying it, no contest.

...Okay something felt weird as all hell about her train of thought.

Back on topic! Back on topic!

"O-oh! Heh, well, uh, when you put it that way," Bea fiddled and turned her mug about on the counter, wincing at the scrape of ceramic against... err... marble? Either way, she needed to stop. 'Bout a week ago. (Ayyyye I'm so hip! I should, like, start a vine or something... Dab--no. No. Can't do it. Regrets. So many regrets. Why, Bea?! WHERE'RE YOUR STANDARDS WOMAN! Oh right I don't have any haha.) "That's kinda comforting. Maybe just a typo then? Can't really blame anyone for that kind of slip up. God was all like," She took up the pose of someone typing away on a typewriter, posture erect and emitting a casually snobbish demeanor, "To whom it may concern, aka, all of humanity and existence, I am currently appooing... And boom." She dropped the act and clasped her hands together, flashing that crooked toothy smile once more. "That's the jist of it. I was meant to be approving, but instead I'm a'pooing. Yep. Pooing all of my days..."

She cleared her throat.

"Eh, I mean, I don't think that's awkward at all. The, uh, the stomach biz, I mean." She gestured faintly to Noel's tummy region. "J-just means there's more of ya to appreciate, am I right? Besides, it's been five minutes, bro, and you've proven to have a lot less awkwardness than me so far. Swag Central right here." She raised both hands, momentarily "raising the roof" before dropping the motion quickly. Her dwindling confidence couldn't hold that pose for long--

Bea blinked. And froze. And gurbled what should've been a "Huh?" underneath her breath. Definitely not in that order, either.

...Friend? Seriously? Was this dude being for real with her right now? After all of the wonky shit she just said?

Bea found herself speechless for a handful of seconds, mouth opening and closing. Then opening again for five seconds. Closing for twelve. "Uhhh... I... C-cool." She coughed into her fist. "Cool. Yeah. It's Beatrice, feel free to call me Bea, though. Someone once called me Honey Bee, but that's kinda... uh..." A ball of sourness coiled in her gut. Fuck. She swallowed the feeling back down and focused on Noel again. "Nevermind on that last one. I kinda, like, have a thing about talking wayyyyy too much and sometimes forgetting to breathe in the process, so if I ever go on for like, forever and ever and ever and on and on and freaking on, you just gotta, like, take a heavy hand and whack me in the back of the head, kay? Don't hold back, either. I'm a walking talking stick, but I'm dang sturdy when I wanna be, so no worries there." A delayed realization. "Oh! Dude yeahhhhh." She slumped further into the stool, her expression the absolute epitome of exasperated. "There's so many people! Half of them are gonna be the death of me with just their looks alone! Gah! So many gorgeous ladies, I can't handle! Other half? I feel like they'll, like, eat me alive or something, ya know?"

And yet another delayed realization.

"Oh! Snap--that's such a nice name! Nice to meet ya, Noel. I'm Bea... Wait, frick, I already told you that." She pinched the bridge of her nose and heaved a sigh. "Anyways... Go nuts with the hot cocoa. Victoria made plenty of it. I'm uh, from the air coven, by the way. Australia. You?"

Her jaw was sore... Huh. Bea didn't have the faintest clue as to why.

tumblr_pswdf4UIDv1rzi0tio7_400.gif

Amelie Beaumont

Interactions: Dami, @persephone. , Emiko @Tarieles, Seora @WingWong

Image result for india eisley gif

Well, Amelie figured it was time to hit the hay, considering the irritation building up within her appeared more...amplified than normal? Sure, there were times where Lottie hugged her too long(or not long enough), or the damnable little devils of dogs trashed her front yard, or the heat was justtttt not right...or she couldn't fucking reach the top shelf to get the chocolate bars she craved at the worst time of the month. Maybe jet lag was up higher on the irritation list, although when she found herself crowded by new people and not a lot of room to navigate among the valley of giants. Perhaps it was a tad comical, her desperately attempting to peek her head over someone's shoulder or arm so she can view her surroundings. And...a well dressed man, not bad, a...well, she supposed that was new, a very well dressed yet...how did Amelie wish to put it...la fruit de la mer....fiery hair, oh! Wasn't that a sea witch she had met before? Ah...perhaps it wouldn't be the wor-

...You know, now that she thought about it, maybe it was a sympathetic route to go and vanish along with the other sea witch, who had gone up to claim a room. But, then again, Amelie cursed herself for not claiming a room of herself while she could, and perhaps she should observe individuals before making her claim. After all, she didn't really wish to position herself in which she could contemplate murder...ethically wrong, sure. Absolutely. Well, worse case scenario, Amelie doubted anyone would mind if she harbored up in the kitchen with left over chocolate and sprawled over the counter. It wasn't the worst idea in her small (yes, this was not intentional, fuck off) history, and it almost made her laugh at the idea of her drunken, chocolate sprawl.

Alright. perhaps she should mingle a tad, swallow down the resentment and...God, that was too much effort. She would have a better time setting up her private corner in the kitchen to prepare for the inevitable. Even as her feet attempted to move from her plot, her ears perked up slightly and a soft growl rumbled through her stomach.

No. No. No no no. They cannot sway me with...

"Doughnuts!" A cheery voice boomed from beside her, the fiery woman ecstatic at the gift brought to them by the newer witch. Slowly swiveling on her heel, eyes flickering from the promise of coffee to the promise of doughnuts, Amelie slowly made her way to the voice and tried her best to beam.

"A kind gift, yes?" Attempting to hide her greed for such a gift came with a slight twitch to the side of her mouth. This was okay. She came all the way over here. Might as well gorge a little.

• Love
Reactions: Annyeong Bunny
Anton J. Sheerloft
Interactions: Emiko @Tarieles , Seora @WingWong , & Amelie @KatSea | Location: Lobby to Front Counter

MV5BMTU0ODgxODQ3MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwOTMwNjY0OTE@._V1_SY500_CR0,0,333,500_AL_.jpg

Uh oh... More people. More and more and more and more... This was a lot. Kinda too much. Well, maybe it wasn't. Technically this was how many witch covens there were... doubled. Why two from every coven? Should've been one. Then he'd be home. And not have to work so hard understanding Mateus and talking to people. Yeah. Talking was rough. From his little private corner. Not talking to anyone.

Super rough.

Oh, donuts.

He didn't care.

But he still waltzed over. Some little Japanese woman with a big ole arms full of donuts... Two boxes. Suitcase. Umbrella. "That's a lot of stuff," he said simply. Then he stared at the umbrella. "Heh. Cat." And then proceeded to stare Emiko in the eyes, gaze dead and unwavering. Two long stretches of silence. An extra moment. Ignoring the others flocking to the pastries...

Then he took a box out of her grasp, retracted one from it, and shoved one of the treats into his mouth. He didn't part his lips wide enough, so it just barely hung there. Good enough. He retracted another. Looked at Emiko again, mentally shrugged, and shoved that one into her mouth. Cool. One less mouth to talk around here. He turned on his heels while muttering a low, "Hey, little doughnut witch. Bye, little doughnut witch," and made his way to the nearest counter. He thinks he brushed shoulders with someone. More than one person. Some black haired girl. Wasn't she speaking French earlier?

He didn't care.

And also some red head woman. Orange? Fire? Sun? Sun Head. Sun Head was louder than most of them. Not fun. Should definitely avoid at all costs. Which was the opposite of what he just did--bumping shoulders didn't count though. He didn't make eye contact, after all. So yeah, he wasn't in the maws of the dragon. Yayyyyy....

Anton finally set the Donuts down, the doughnut in his mouth still dangling. He took a hefty bite from it, just standing there with his gaze glued to his feet. Or the floor. Or something. He wasn't really sure. He just let his eyes roam wherever it happened to roam. This doughnut was damn good. "Tastes good."

He didn't care.

tumblr_inline_oe83jpvZdI1ravrtw_250.gif

Last edited:

✦ NERA P. MARTELL ✦
INTERACTIONS: mateus, severin, tasha, seora

✦ NERA P. MARTELL ✦
Nera watched as the other witches journeyed up the stairs. She sighed softly, doing her best to calm down. She needed to not let Victoria get to her, but the woman did. She was on her last nerve with the brunette. She brought her hands up to her temples, closing her eyes and rubbing her temples with the tips of her fingers. She took a breath in through her nose, slightly parting her lips to release it after. She opened her eyes, watching Mateus descend the stairs. She straightened up, not wanting to seem unapproachable, as she noticed the tall male head her way.

Once Mateus was on the other side of the counter, Nera listened to him introduce himself and ask about coffee. She was mesmerized by how beautiful this man was and how outrageously tall he was. Granted, he was wearing heels, but she still assumed he was a giant without them. She also wondered if this man before her could give her tips on how to dress confidently. Not that she didn't mind showing skin or anything, but she wanted to show herself off like he did. He had such a confident air around him, it was difficult to not fall in love with him.

When Mateus introduced himself, Nera didn't notice Severin approach. She opened her mouth slightly to respond, but heard a male's voice. She turned towards him, listening to Sev introduce himself. She smiled at him softly, nodding her head in greeting. "It's a pleasure to meet both of you. I don't believe coffee has been started yet, but I can get some started."

Nera was about to exit the counter when a redheaded female approached and interjected about coffee. She chuckled at the interjection, and looked the female over. She was rather attractive, but then again, so was everyone here. Another female approached, one with fiery orange hair, making Nera jump to the assumption of her being a fire witch. She hoped that was the case, but didn't mind being proven wrong. She extended her hand, grasped Seora's in her own, and gently shook it. She looked around at the small group, surprised she could amass such a crowd asking for coffee. If she wanted coffee, she could get it started. After all, she needed a shot of something to calm her the fuck down.

"If you want coffee and are willing to wait a couple minutes, follow me. I may be willing to slip some booze in as a thank you for your patience," Nera said, offering all of them a wink. She parted from the counter, guiding the way to the kitchen. She heard Emiko enter the shop, calling for Maris Martell. She would introduce herself to the young witch later. She noticed the female had doughnuts with her. That was a thoughtful gesture. People would probably calm down with some food in their system. After all, she wasn't sure how many had traveled such a distance to be here.

Nera walked to the kitchen, hoping the others would follow, going to the large coffee pot sitting on the counter. She reached above her, opening the cupboard. She had to stand on her tip toes to reach the can of coffee and a filter, but she managed. She settled down on her feet, and went to work. Nera opened the lid to the coffee pot, glancing inside. There wasn't a used coffee filter in there, thank goodness. She wasn't sure how long it would've been since Maris made coffee. That would be awkward having to throw out a used one that had been there for god knows how long. She placed the paper filter in, pushing it down to settle correctly. She backed up slightly, opening the drawer that was level with her stomach. Her slender fingers fished around for a tablespoon before she happened upon one.

Nera removed the spoon from the drawer, bumping it closed with her stomach. Her fingers slipped over the edge of the coffee tin lid, removing it without any difficulties. She dipped the spoon in, glancing at the small crowd. She had a hard time determining how much to make and how strong to make it. She hoped people liked strong coffee, as she began getting spoonfuls of ground of coffee beans and distributing it in the coffee filter. She filled the filter a good amount, setting the spoon on the counter and closing the coffee tin. She put the coffee tin back in the cupboard, closing it. She grabbed the coffee pot, taking it and the spoon to the sink. She filled the pot with water, almost filling it full. She set the spoon in the sink, planning to take care of it later. She walked back to the coffee pot, dumping water in.

Pouring the water into the coffee maker made her nervous. Nera worried about fucking up and spilling water all over the place. She couldn't deny people their coffee and make an ass of herself. She was sure they saw the way she interacted with Victoria. If that woman cost her friendships and a good reputation amongst these people, oh help her god. She was going to commit a damn murder and she was sure she'd get away with it. Then, she'd banish Victoria's ghost to keep it away from her and out of the shop.

Once all water escaped the pot, Nera settled it in its spot below the filter, closing the top. She started the machine, it growing warm almost immediately. She thanked the stars for Maris having a great coffee maker. The woman was a kitchen witch, but she sure knew when it was essential to have modern appliances. Nera walked to another cupboard, taking down four mugs and a shot glass. She set the mugs by the coffee pot, bringing the shot glass with her to the booze cabinet. She set it on the counter as she bent down and opened a cabinet full of Satan's liquid gold.

"If you want some alcohol on the side or in your coffee, let me know. I'm sure we have whatever kind that speaks to your right now," Nera said, smiling as she reached for a bottle of whiskey.

✦ IYRA A. W. ZIMA ✦
INTERACTIONS: emiko, amelie

✦ IYRA A. W. ZIMA ✦
Before Iyra entered the room, he glanced behind him to see if anyone else planned to enter the same room. He noticed there were three twin beds in the room. He wasn't surprised, after all, there were a lot of witches there already. He was sure there would be more. After watching Mateus enter into a different room, he entered the one he stood in the doorway for. The room was a nice room. It wasn't small, but it wans't freakishly large. It seemed there was enough storage space for everyone, as there were little dressers set at the end of each twin bed.

Iyra removed his hand from one of suitcases, bringing his wrist level with his eyes. His watch lit up, showing the time. It was almost three thirty in the afternoon. He had seven minutes to spare, but that probably wasn't enough time to pack away his clothing. He chose a bed on the far right, as a window sat right next to it. He wanted a view of the trees swaying in the wind, if they ever did when storms hit. He placed his suitcases by the small dresser, removing his coat after. The coat wasn't hard to remove, and he gently draped it over the edge of his bed.

Iyra wore a dark blue turtle neck with a pair of black slacks. He wore dark brown oxfords, which he felt tied the look together. He wasn't a fashionista or anything, so if it didn't look like it flowed well, he didn't want someone to tell him. He wouldn't be sure of what to say to them other than smile nervously and chirp an apology in Russian. He slipped his hands in his pants as he slipped out of the room and back downstairs. He noticed a small crowd gathered around the counter, talking to Nera. He brought up his watch, looking at the time. He still had plenty of time, about four minutes.

As Iyra came down the stairs, he heard the shop bell ding. He looked over to the door to see an adorable Japanese woman with doughnuts. He was amazed at how she juggled the two boxes of doughnuts and all of her belongings. He continued down the stairs, watching the interaction between Emiko and Anton. Once Anton left, Amelie took his place. The redheaded man began to wonder if it would be best to settle the doughnut boxes on a surface, to make them easily accessible and allow the young woman to take her belongings upstairs. Iyra approached, a soft smile on his lips.

"I apologise for the intrusion, but I noticed you have large load in arms. Should we place on counter?" Iyra said, offering a hand to Emiko. He hoped the female would allow him to take the boxes and set them on the counter, as there was space to put them there. If Emiko did, he'd gratefully take them and fill her in on what was going on. He'd probably offer to help the female take her luggage up to a room she chose, as it was a lot to take in the little bit of time they were allotted.

✦✦✦

• ✦ NERA P. MARTELL ✦
    Gmflpcs.png
    INTERACTIONS: mateus, severin, tascha, seora ✦ LOCATION: florence, oregon
    Nera watched as the other witches journeyed up the stairs. She sighed softly, doing her best to calm down. She needed to not let Victoria get to her, but the woman did. She was on her last nerve with the brunette. She brought her hands up to her temples, closing her eyes and rubbing her temples with the tips of her fingers. She took a breath in through her nose, slightly parting her lips to release it after. She opened her eyes, watching Mateus descend the stairs. She straightened up, not wanting to seem unapproachable, as she noticed the tall male head her way.

Once Mateus was on the other side of the counter, Nera listened to him introduce himself and ask about coffee. She was mesmerized by how beautiful this man was and how outrageously tall he was. Granted, he was wearing heels, but she still assumed he was a giant without them. She also wondered if this man before her could give her tips on how to dress confidently. Not that she didn't mind showing skin or anything, but she wanted to show herself off like he did. He had such a confident air around him, it was difficult to not fall in love with him.

When Mateus introduced himself, Nera didn't notice Severin approach. She opened her mouth slightly to respond, but heard a male's voice. She turned towards him, listening to Sev introduce himself. She smiled at him softly, nodding her head in greeting. "It's a pleasure to meet both of you. I don't believe coffee has been started yet, but I can get some started."

Nera was about to exit the counter when a redheaded female approached and interjected about coffee. She chuckled at the interjection, and looked the female over. She was rather attractive, but then again, so was everyone here. Another female approached, one with fiery orange hair, making Nera jump to the assumption of her being a fire witch. She hoped that was the case, but didn't mind being proven wrong. She extended her hand, grasped Seora's in her own, and gently shook it. She looked around at the small group, surprised she could amass such a crowd asking for coffee. If she wanted coffee, she could get it started. After all, she needed a shot of something to calm her the fuck down.

"If you want coffee and are willing to wait a couple minutes, follow me. I may be willing to slip some booze in as a thank you for your patience," Nera said, offering all of them a wink. She parted from the counter, guiding the way to the kitchen. She heard Emiko enter the shop, calling for Maris Martell. She would introduce herself to the young witch later. She noticed the female had doughnuts with her. That was a thoughtful gesture. People would probably calm down with some food in their system. After all, she wasn't sure how many had traveled such a distance to be here.

Nera walked to the kitchen, hoping the others would follow, going to the large coffee pot sitting on the counter. She reached above her, opening the cupboard. She had to stand on her tip toes to reach the can of coffee and a filter, but she managed. She settled down on her feet, and went to work. Nera opened the lid to the coffee pot, glancing inside. There wasn't a used coffee filter in there, thank goodness. She wasn't sure how long it would've been since Maris made coffee. That would be awkward having to throw out a used one that had been there for god knows how long. She placed the paper filter in, pushing it down to settle correctly. She backed up slightly, opening the drawer that was level with her stomach. Her slender fingers fished around for a tablespoon before she happened upon one.

Nera removed the spoon from the drawer, bumping it closed with her stomach. Her fingers slipped over the edge of the coffee tin lid, removing it without any difficulties. She dipped the spoon in, glancing at the small crowd. She had a hard time determining how much to make and how strong to make it. She hoped people liked strong coffee, as she began getting spoonfuls of ground of coffee beans and distributing it in the coffee filter. She filled the filter a good amount, setting the spoon on the counter and closing the coffee tin. She put the coffee tin back in the cupboard, closing it. She grabbed the coffee pot, taking it and the spoon to the sink. She filled the pot with water, almost filling it full. She set the spoon in the sink, planning to take care of it later. She walked back to the coffee pot, dumping water in.

Pouring the water into the coffee maker made her nervous. Nera worried about fucking up and spilling water all over the place. She couldn't deny people their coffee and make an ass of herself. She was sure they saw the way she interacted with Victoria. If that woman cost her friendships and a good reputation amongst these people, oh help her god. She was going to commit a damn murder and she was sure she'd get away with it. Then, she'd banish Victoria's ghost to keep it away from her and out of the shop.

Once all water escaped the pot, Nera settled it in its spot below the filter, closing the top. She started the machine, it growing warm almost immediately. She thanked the stars for Maris having a great coffee maker. The woman was a kitchen witch, but she sure knew when it was essential to have modern appliances. Nera walked to another cupboard, taking down four mugs and a shot glass. She set the mugs by the coffee pot, bringing the shot glass with her to the booze cabinet. She set it on the counter as she bent down and opened a cabinet full of Satan's liquid gold.

"If you want some alcohol on the side or in your coffee, let me know. I'm sure we have whatever kind that speaks to your right now," Nera said, smiling as she reached for a bottle of whiskey.
  • ✦ IYRA W. ZIMA ✦
    fxVwSBx.png
    INTERACTIONS: emiko, amelie ✦ LOCATION: florence, oregon
    Before Iyra entered the room, he glanced behind him to see if anyone else planned to enter the same room. He noticed there were three twin beds in the room. He wasn't surprised, after all, there were a lot of witches there already. He was sure there would be more. After watching Mateus enter into a different room, he entered the one he stood in the doorway for. The room was a nice room. It wasn't small, but it wans't freakishly large. It seemed there was enough storage space for everyone, as there were little dressers set at the end of each twin bed.

Iyra removed his hand from one of suitcases, bringing his wrist level with his eyes. His watch lit up, showing the time. It was almost three thirty in the afternoon. He had seven minutes to spare, but that probably wasn't enough time to pack away his clothing. He chose a bed on the far right, as a window sat right next to it. He wanted a view of the trees swaying in the wind, if they ever did when storms hit. He placed his suitcases by the small dresser, removing his coat after. The coat wasn't hard to remove, and he gently draped it over the edge of his bed.

Iyra wore a dark blue turtle neck with a pair of black slacks. He wore dark brown oxfords, which he felt tied the look together. He wasn't a fashionista or anything, so if it didn't look like it flowed well, he didn't want someone to tell him. He wouldn't be sure of what to say to them other than smile nervously and chirp an apology in Russian. He slipped his hands in his pants as he slipped out of the room and back downstairs. He noticed a small crowd gathered around the counter, talking to Nera. He brought up his watch, looking at the time. He still had plenty of time, about four minutes.

As Iyra came down the stairs, he heard the shop bell ding. He looked over to the door to see an adorable Japanese woman with doughnuts. He was amazed at how she juggled the two boxes of doughnuts and all of her belongings. He continued down the stairs, watching the interaction between Emiko and Anton. Once Anton left, Amelie took his place. The redheaded man began to wonder if it would be best to settle the doughnut boxes on a surface, to make them easily accessible and allow the young woman to take her belongings upstairs. Iyra approached, a soft smile on his lips.

"I apologise for the intrusion, but I noticed you have large load in arms. Should we place on counter?" Iyra said, offering a hand to Emiko. He hoped the female would allow him to take the boxes and set them on the counter, as there was space to put them there. If Emiko did, he'd gratefully take them and fill her in on what was going on. He'd probably offer to help the female take her luggage up to a room she chose, as it was a lot to take in the little bit of time they were allotted.

Last edited:
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Tarieles
Victoria Smith

lnteractions:
Nera | Emiko | Anton | Irya | Amelie | Seora

Victoria had a small sly smile on her lips as she watched Nera to snap, her gleaming gray eyes dancing with mischief and delight. She had known the cosmic witch since childhood so she exactly knew what makes her tick. She let the mushroom haired witch talk, barely listening to whatever she was saying before she felt Nera grasping her elbow. Her grey eyes shimmered even more. Nera was lucky that most of the witches left or else she would have caused a scene. Well, not that I wouldn't want that. A little humiliation is a small price to pay if Nera will be seen as the villain

The brunette could feel the venom and malice on Nera's voice, and this made her smile even more. It was fun to see her so-called childhood friend get mad at such trivial matters.

"Oh, Nera" Victoria cooed with a patronizing yet sickly sweet voice "How hypocritical of you." Harshly taking her elbow away from her, she then continued, a perfectly groomed eyebrow raised at her "You say we aren't children anymore yet you act like one. Threatening to kick me out? How petty can you be?" The kitchen witch couldn't help but let out a laugh "Oh sweetheart, even if you wanted to kick me out, I knew you can't. There's a reason for your aunt to send my coven a letter."

"So stop acting like a child and swallow the bitter truth. You may be a leader for now but nothing is set in stone... yet"

Victoria watched Nera walk away before putting on her usual warm and motherly smile as she heard footsteps coming down the stairs. It seems some of the guests had already chosen a room to settle with. She pondered for a moment if she should choose a room as well but knowing that there are a lot of rooms, she figured she'll do it later.

She was about to head to the kitchen when an Asian girl entered the front door, introducing herself as Emiko and offering doughnuts. Victoria's heart swelled with happiness at the sight of the tasty pastry and it seems she's not the only one who was feeling that way. The french girl as well as the fiery redhead. Anton joined in as well and Victoria couldn't help but grimace at the man's action. "Anton.." the kitchen witch scolded before sighing. "You shouldn't talk with your mouth is full. And you should thank her for the donuts."

"Emiko, correct?"
Victoria asked, her grey eyes now focused on the girl "Forgive him. I'm afraid he's... jetlagged and forgot his manners. I'm Victoria by the way. So lovely to meet you"

Victoria then looked around at the small group that formed. Perhaps this was her sign to make friends. If she was going to stay there for a couple of days, might as well have someone to talk to right?

"May I ask what kind of witches all of you are?" Victoria asked with pure curiosity "I am a kitchen witch so if you need potions, I can always help."

Just then a pecking sound was heard from the window. It was faint but as seconds passed, the pecking became frantic. Furrowing her eyebrows, Victoria checked the window and gasp. "Louis!" Victoria called to her familiar, a mean-looking brown horned owl, and opened the window to let the soaking bird in. "Oh, my poor Louis! I told you a hundred times to never fly in the rain."

Embracing the drenched bird close to her, Victoria then looked at the group with a sheepish smile before noticing Irya. "Is it alright if one of you get a towel from my luggage? It's the Louis Vuitton vintage suitcase near the door."

Amias Kouame | Location: Downstairs -> Upstairs | Interactions: Amelie @KatSea , Severin @Annyeong Bunny
1567402418155.png

Figures passed by him, and Amias followed their lead into the cozy shop, further and further into the warmth and dryness until the pouring rain outside could easily become a distant memory. He swiped his booted feet against the mat once, then twice, before stepping further into the shop.

He took it in, little by little, until the sheer number of people clustered in the room hit him like a freight train. Good God, this was a lot of witches in a single room. He pursed his lips as he scanned over the growing crowd, starting to slip away to the fringes where it was unlikely he'd be crowded.

That was the plan, at least, until he heard his first tongue spoken.

"Puis-je rentrer à la maison maintenant?"

A low chuckle rumbled from within his throat and he turned to find Amelie looking thoroughly done with the day already.

"J'ai bien peur que non, ma chérie," he answered easily, a soft smile curling at the corner of his mouth. "En fait, il semble que cela ne fait que commencer."

He might've continued if there hadn't been the sudden tension pulled taut in the air that caught his attention. Turning his head, he found a pair of witches standing together as one addressed the group as a whole. He took silent mental notes as the woman talked; her name, her coven, her potential relation to Maris Martell as the woman who sent the letters. Important information. He would be forced to socialize, no doubt, but taking in the information he needed now would spare him the painful small talk at a later date.

As the cosmic witch turned her attention away from the group and to an individual woman, Amias decided he suddenly saw nothing of what was about to occur. He'd turned back towards Amelie, only to find her slipping away, summoned by the dark embrace of coffee and donuts. Fair enough, he supposed.

This time, he did circle to the edges of the group. He took in the scenes before him in dead silence. Even without him being in the thick of it, with him far removed from the attention and havoc, he could feel the exhaustion having long set in. He caught sight of a striking figure in black and white, who had silently slipped away to climb the stairs.

He had the right idea, that was for sure.

Amias cast one last glance around him before deciding to follow the other man's lead. It couldn't hurt to claim a bed, or at least scout out who he may be potentially sharing a room with. He needed to scout out personalities a tad more, but he was praying to gods and ancestors that he ended up with roommates that would let him sleep.

He climbed the stairs, suitcase trailing behind him, and he nodded briefly as he caught sight of the silent black and white figure from before moved back down the stairs.

And then, there he was, at the top of the stairs with no certainty when it came to where to go. Oh no. Ohhhhhhhh no. He didn't see anyone up here, no one that stuck around long enough for him to gauge how much of a talker they were, in any case.

God have mercy on him.

He chose a room at random before opening the door, hoping that this wouldn't be a grave mistake.

"J'ai bien peur que non, ma chérie,"- "I'm afraid not, my dear."

"En fait, il semble que cela ne fait que commencer."- "In fact, it seems like it is just beginning.

MIN HAN-JAE 한재
Location|
portland airport → the shop Interactions| no one in particular, front peeps

"Oh ireon Yejun, I know, I know," Hanji huffed, switching majorly to English because it would annoy his boyfriend, but also because it would slow the conversation down and force Yejun to actually consider his words. His boyfriend wasn't as fluent in the language and it frustrated him to no end that Hanjae was. And while Yejun was proud that Hanji was an important enough asset to his coven to be picked to go on some important mission to America, he was also endlessly protective of his partner. He didn't want him to get hurt, Hanjae knew, which was why he hadn't hung up on him yet.

On the other end of the line, Yejun groaned softly at the switch. "Don't do this."

"Do what?"
Hanji asked innocently, still using English, to which Yejun groaned louder. One hand kept the cellphone to his ear, while he idly flipped a suitcase tag with the other, searching for his own luggage. It wasn't his; which was surprising given not many people had a globe-trotter trolly trunk in pink and ivory. It had been a limited edition, that only a few had managed to grab. He hummed softly to himself and let it pass.

"Yah! You know what, you little punk," Yejun retorted, then sighed. "It's just, I know how you are, and you know how I am, okay? I'm worried for you."

"I know, and I'll be careful,"
Hanjae sighed, giving in and switching back to Korean. Yejun was a worrier, and Hanjae was, well, not the best at being cautious at times, so he often became the subject of Yejun's worry. He kept his eyes on the conveyor belt, watching out for a pink case among the sea of dark colors. He didn't have to wait long. Ah, there it was. He stepped forward to pull it off. "Trust me?"

Yejun paused for a long moment, before saying, "It's not that I don't trust you…"

"Yejun."

"No! It's just we know nothing about where you're going, or what they're going to have you doing! It could be really dangerous. It could be a trap, for all we know."

"A trap?"
Hanji repeated. A little old white lady crowded up next to him, seeking her own luggage, and he shuffled to the side to give her space. He shook his head, wishing they were FaceTiming so that Yejun could see the mixture of fondness and exasperation on his face. "It was signed by Maris Martell herself."

"So?"

Hanji snorted. "You're worse than my eomma."

"Your eomma?"
Yejun asked, tone mock-offended. He lowered his voice. "Really? I thought I was more like your… oppa."

Hanjae burst out laughing his loud, wind-shield wiper laugh, Yejun quick to follow. He was so loud, the old lady next to him startled and then turned her head to glare up at him. He returned her gaze with a completely unapologetic look of his own until she looked away. Once Yejun had calmed down as well, and the lady had found her luggage and left, he giggled, "You're impossible."

"And you love me for it. Keep me updated, okay? On everything."

"I will,"
Hanji murmured, smiling softly to himself and missing his boyfriend already. He was exhausted too, which didn't help - his original flight had been perfectly timed, flying from Seoul straight to Florence and leaving him time to catch up on sleep in a hotel. However, it had been cancelled last minute, leaving him scrambling. He had had to grab the next best: a flight from Seoul to Portland, leaving him to rent a car and drive the rest. Immediately, if he was going to make it to Martell's shop in time. He loved adventures normally, but this one hadn't started yet and he was already dreading it.

- - - - -

Google Maps was a lifesaver. He reached the little town in just over 3 hours, and while he hadn't had time to shower, change, or even slap some make-up on or put contacts in, he didn't care. Hanjae was just glad to not have any more driving ahead of him. It wasn't something he often did in Seoul, and while he wasn't bad at it, he didn't like it all that much. He was also hyped up on two five-hour energies and a large Starbucks coffee. Needless to say, he was excited and bursting with (caffeinated) energy.

After parking, he bounced from the little Honda, and grabbed his luggage before hurrying to the front door. He was dressed comfortably in a light brown hoodie from one of Yejun's lines, perfectly oversized despite his large frame, hood turned against the rain, and some sweatpants (the tighter kind, he wasn't a lumpy heathen) with his round glasses perched on his nose. Not his ideal first-impression outfit, but it would have to do.

Throwing open the door in a dramatic fashion, heedless and oblivious to anyone in the way, he exclaimed in English, "No need to fear, I have arrived! The most handsome hedge witch at your service." He added a wink for good measure.

Reactions: Annyeong Bunny
Life
Sucks
And
That's
It...

THANAWAT PANYARACHUN
Interactions/Mentions: All/None/Nera @themysteriousashe

The world worked in the strangest ways. Sitting in the darkened ritual room alone, peering over the bones spread across his desk, Thanawat tried his best not to look at the unopened letter that lied waiting to be opened.He held the letter opener in his hand absentmindedly, twirling it lazily as he gazed at the bones with a disinterested look. Deep in his mind, Than was wondering about the letter but didn't feel the urge to open it either.

A week before, his mother had walked into the ritual room and set it on the edge of the table, where it still lied in that moment. Collecting dust. Flexing his jaw in slight apprehension, Than turned his dark, almost midnight gaze to the letter. There was no intimidation or anxiety at seeing it, but he knew that once it was opened and read, there was no going back. After all, his parents wouldn't have delivered it to him if it weren't important.

"Shit timing, I guess." Than muttered in Thai, running his free hand through his black hair, moving the stray strands from his eyes. Deciding that he couldn't procrastinate any longer, the solemn man released a sigh, cutting the letter open with ease. Inside read the contents of a rather familiar witch. In fact, the Panyarachun family knew of the Martells for decades. Whether the Martells knew of Than's family didn't particularly bother him in the slightest, but he felt slightly relieved to see the familiar family name. So he knew it wasn't some sort of trap to get one of the last few remaining voodoo lines.

The contents of the letter spoke of a summoning to Florence, Oregon. That was in the United States, which meant he would have to brush up on some of his English during the plane ride. He had been forced to study it for most of his life, so it would be an easy task, even if he found it tedious. There was also mention of representatives from each coven, which meant he would possibly face other familiar family names from the bunch.

Needless to say, Than was more than late getting on his plane ride, lugging a black and purple suitcase behind him. Drenched in black, the man also sported black sunglasses and a leather jacket, the chains clinking against the leather softly as he climbed into his seat. Thankfully, he had brought a few ritual and spell books from his father's collection. For the most part, that kept him occupied unless his mind became riddled with other senseless thoughts. A half-smirk pulled Than's lip as he closed his book, gazing out at the familiar orange color of the sun. The sun that was known for providing warmth to life. The irony of the melancholic man's life seemed amusing as he stared at the sun through his sunglasses, feeling a swirl of bitterness tug at his gut.

Soon enough, Than's flight landed and he glanced at his watch, seeing he was definitely late to the meeting. But did he hustle after that realization? No.

"I'll take my sweet ass time." Than thought dismissively as he pulled his leather jacket closer around his body against the sudden sprinkling of rain. In seconds, his hair was littered with droplets and he was still standing, waiting for a free cab to pick him up. It was after ten more minutes passed that a free cab finally pulled up, apologizing for not being able to help him sooner.

Than was sure to tip the man well for his courtesy and compassion as he was let out at the corner of the street. Stashing his sunglasses in his pocket, the midnight haired man took long slow strides toward the shop. Thankfully, the rain had lightened up enough for him to get there without being totally drenched. From outside, Than could hear the chatter and movement inside, hearing quite a louder voice exclaiming about finally arriving. An eye roll took over as he opened the door, letting himself in.

Right in front of the door was a man with pink pastel hair. This sight made Than frown a bit deeper, but he gave a nod before making his way further in. People were already bustling about, going up and down the stairs and meandering around the kitchen area. Blinking slowly, Than searched until he saw the familiar mushroom-hair of Nera, one of the Martells. However, seeing as she was busy catering to the new witches around, the voodoo witch simply pulled his suitcase up the stairs, giving a final glance to the others around. He saw a group of witches around one who seemed to be providing donuts, some of which included a quiet man, a woman with striking orange hair, and some others.

Eventually, Than found a room that he was sure would be safe. Somebody's things already occupied one half of the room, so Than took the other, leaving his things as he gently shook the water from his hair. Before he could think about going back down, the voodoo witch concluded that it would be rude to not introduce himself to Nera, as she had summoned him in the first place. That, and his parents qould have his head for doing such disrespectful things.

Once downstairs, Than eyed the others once more, a ghost of a grimace pulling his face before he slapped on a charming smile that seemed modest and friendly. Finding the mushroom-hair from across the room, he continued toward her, feeling his smile becoming a bit less strained at seeing her. At least, she wasn't a stranger.

"Nera, good to see you're still up and kicking." as Than spoke, his voice had a rich accent, but he spoke fluent English. The tone was deeper than one might expect by looking at his face, but it was also slightly smoky. He lifted an eyebrow as he waited for the woman's response, a lazy smirk replacing his smile.

【Mateus Cardoso】
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
Interactions: Nera, Sev, Tasha, Seora, Noel, Bea
Mentions: Doughnut People

Suddenly, there were so many people. Mateus didn't mind, and apparently coffee was a siren song to a lot of people here. Good to note. One person of interest who approached the counter was a tall drink of water named Severin. He looked him up and down for a sec, before taking note of other people coming by for coffee. He introduced himself to each one as they flocked to coffee.

Eventually a small girl walked in with doughnuts, and more people flocked to her, before she was followed by two other males. All were of varying Asian heritage. Anton took one of the boxes of donuts further into the shop for distribution. Mateus turned back to Nera, pleased to hear she'd be willing to make some coffee. And be willing to let them put booze in it.

"Hun, you are speaking my language, I love you." He followed her into the kitchen towards the coffee pot, heels clicking against the flooring, leaning against the counter as he waited patiently. He introduced himself to the ones in the kitchen already, Noel and Bea.

"Hello!" His voice was rather cheery, but not overly so, as he talked to them both from across the kitchen. "Good to meet you. I'm Mateus, one of the ceremonial witches." He gave a smile their direction, before taking one of the cups Nera set out.

"Oh, whiskey is perf. A nice Irish coffee to warm the soul and loosen the tongue. I'll try to not get out of hand." He gave a mischievous wink her way before pouring himself a nice cup of the coffee. After she was finished with the whiskey, he took it from her and free-poured his own amount. He took a sip, then poured a little bit more in before leaving it for the others who wanted some.

"Thank you Nera, this makes us 100% best friends. Lemme know if you need to summon a ghost or something, I'll hook ya up, girl." He turned with a flourish and made his way back out of the kitchen and back into the wonderful chaos. Energy was buzzing in here and he loved it. He managed to snag a pink frosted doughnut with little pink and white sprinkles on it (that turned out to be strawberry like he had hoped), and settled back at the counter. He thrived in this energy, it felt good to be around so many similar individuals- even if a few of them were negative Nancies. Still, he knew he would have fun with a choice few of them. It was going to be an adventure.

【Sasaki Emiko】
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
Interactions: Anton, Victoria, Iyra
Mentions: Front people

With everyone flocking to the doughnuts, Emiko started to feel a little bit claustrophobic, but she nodded to everyone who wished to take one, holding out boxes to them. One dark-skinned male, who did weird her out just a bit, stuffed one in his mouth. When she was about to say something, mouth opening, it was stuffed full of one of the doughnuts.

"Mmf." She kept the pastry in her mouth, her hands full so she couldn't adjust the thing, white icing getting on her lips. He left with one of the boxes, bringing it further into the shop, but she was still left with one. Finally, a lady and another boy came along, the boy specifically offering to take the box. She nodded, giving the box to Irya. She was able to take a proper bite from her doughnut as he went to go put the box somewhere where others could have easier access.

The lady who approached began talking rather quickly, but she mostly followed along. It would be weird hearing her given name, but she had to remind herself that Americans and English people didn't use the same naming things. So, she was Emiko, despite not knowing anyone here.

"Vic-toria..." She mumbled under breath a few times, cementing the name and pronunciation in her brain. "Ah, yes, I am Emiko. It is good to meet you! I'm a... plant witch." She spoke, accent thick. She could only hope she hadn't missed something. There were English words being tossed this way and that in this place, it was confusing. She knew English. Sort of. Just not as good as these people. She never really used it all that much with her friends. When the soaking wet bird came in, she was a bit taken aback. It was an interesting owl, for sure. When Victoria asked for some help, requesting a towel from her bag, Emiko stared at all of the pieces of luggage. She had less than zero idea what... Louis Vuitton was.

"Um... What color?" She was more than willing to help, but she had no idea what this bag would look like.

"Wait," She dropped her duffel bag, pulling out her hair drying towel. It was a pastel pink with some little hearts embroidered on the edges, it was folded rather neatly. She could just wash it and dry it later before she took a shower. She handed it to Victoria.

"Is it okay?" The towel would be fine for the owl, she thought. Owl. Towel. Owl towel. Did those words rhyme? She'd have to ask someone later if she was pronouncing towel properly or if she had been lied to her whole life.

✦ NERA P. MARTELL ✦
INTERACTIONS: mateus, kitchen peeps, than, everyone

✦ NERA P. MARTELL ✦
Nera chuckled gently at Mateus's comment about not getting too out of hand when he poured whiskey. She wasn't too worried about people getting too out of hand. If people wanted to drink, she'd let them. After all, the shop was a new place to everyone and nothing was better than drinking to adjust. Of course, she wasn't encouraging daytime drinking, but in that moment, she was. If booze was the way to allow people to loosen up, she'd allow it.

Nera grabbed a small glass and poured herself some whiskey, handing it to Mateus after. She watched the man pour himself a splash of whiskey in his mug of coffee. She rose the glass to her lips, taking a small sip of her whiskey. She didn't want to drink it all in one go. She would need it out there with her to deal with everyone. Having as many people in the shop, especially some she despised, it made her kind of frazzled. If she could distract her tongue from retorting by sipping on some whiskey, it was a better plan. Her ears caught Mateus's offer to summon a ghost if she needed it.

"I may be in need of your services soon, Mateus," Nera said, a smile on her lips. She raised her glass in his direction before he exited. She turned to the others, pushing herself off from the counter she chose to lean again. "Mugs are on the counter, coffee is in the pot, creamer is in the door of the fridge, sugar is right next to the coffee maker. Please help yourselves and then meet at the front counter. Bea, Noel, please meet at the counter if you guys aren't getting coffee."

Nera left the kitchen, letting those who followed for coffee indulge. She sauntered to the counter, knowing people were going to be behind. The ten-minute timer was loose, but she would like it if people were at the counter close to it. She glanced at her watch as she walked to the front counter, the ten minutes almost up. She sighed softly, about to walk behind the counter when a familiar raven-haired man caught her eye. She'd seen pictures of him, and she watched as he approached. Her eyes narrowed in thought slightly until the name came to her: Than. Her eyes returned to normal and she smiled when he approached.

"Than! It's so good to finally meet you! I've heard a lot about your family, as I'm sure you've heard a lot from mine. I hate to keep the introduction short, but I should probably get around to seeing why my aunt called everyone here. There's coffee in the kitchen, and someone brought doughnuts, but I'm not sure where they all went. Feel free to help yourself to anything and make your way back here," Nera greeted, throwing an arm around him in a hug. She gave him a gentle hug before parting, smiling at him. She held her glass in one hand still, looking around at all the other witches.

"Hey everyone! If you could please gather around the counter, that would be awesome!" Nera shouted, hoping she was heard. She slipped behind the counter, going to the letter sitting on the desk. She picked it up, setting her whiskey glass down where the letter once lay. Her eyes glanced over the front of it, but she waited to open it. The temptation was there, but everyone needed to be settled and present. She felt everyone who was meant to be there was there.

✦ IYRA A. W. ZIMA ✦
INTERACTIONS: emiko, amelie

Iyra felt bad for interrupting Emiko as she was in the middle of shoving a doughnut in her mouth. His cheeks flushed gently in embarrassment and guilt. When she gave him permission to take the box, he smiled at her gently and took it from her. Whatever he could do to help anyone out, he was happy to do it. When he took the box, Victoria appeared. Her attention seemed to focus on Emiko at first, but he wasn't about to walk off, that would be rude.

"I'm an air witch," Iyra gently said, smiling softly. "Please excuse me, but I have to put these doughnuts somewhere easily accessible to everyone." He left the small group around Emiko, hearing the bell chime above the door. A man with pink air arrived, announcing his presence. Iyra carefully walked with the doughnuts, noticing a spot on the front counter. He set them down, not seeing anyone gathered around. He cracked the box open slightly, allowing it to be easily opened.

Iyra looked around him, amazed at the number of witches in the shop. The only time he had been around lots of witches was with his coven, but he was never in such a diverse group before. There were many that came from different parts of the world. He wondered where everyone was from, but it would be rude to ask. Tasha was a fellow Russian, Nera was American, but he didn't know where everyone else was from. In time, he hoped to get to know everyone well and make new friends. It wouldn't help the group if everyone remained strangers.

Iyra heard Nera speak over the chatter of the various groups. It was drowned out by the noise around him, but he caught a small portion of her speech. She requested they gather around the counter. He approached the counter, seeing Mateus already there. He nodded his head in greeting but remained quiet. He was kind of shy, and this large group of people made his shyness come out.

✦✦✦

• ✦ NERA P. MARTELL ✦
    Gmflpcs.png
    INTERACTIONS: mateus, kitchen peeps, than, everyone ✦ LOCATION: florence, oregon
    Nera chuckled gently at Mateus's comment about not getting too out of hand when he poured the whiskey. She wasn't too worried about people getting too out of hand. If people wanted to drink, she'd let them. After all, the shop was a new place for everyone and nothing was better than drinking to adjust. Of course, she wasn't encouraging daytime drinking, but at that moment, she was. If booze was the way to allow people to loosen up, she'd allow it.

Nera grabbed a small glass and poured herself some whiskey, handing it to Mateus after. She watched the man pour himself a splash of whiskey in his mug of coffee. She rose the glass to her lips, taking a small sip of her whiskey. She didn't want to drink it all in one go. She would need it out there with her to deal with everyone. Having as many people in the shop, especially some she despised, it made her kind of frazzled. If she could distract her tongue from retorting by sipping on some whiskey, it was a better plan. Her ears caught Mateus's offer to summon a ghost if she needed it.

"I may be in need of your services soon, Mateus," Nera said, a smile on her lips. She raised her glass in his direction before he exited. She turned to the others, pushing herself off from the counter she chose to lean again. "Mugs are on the counter, coffee is in the pot, creamer is in the door of the fridge, sugar is right next to the coffee maker. Please help yourselves and then meet at the front counter. Bea, Noel, please meet at the counter if you guys aren't getting coffee."

Nera left the kitchen, letting those who followed for coffee indulge. She sauntered to the counter, knowing people were going to be behind. The ten-minute timer was loose, but she would like it if people were at the counter close to it. She glanced at her watch as she walked to the front counter, the ten minutes almost up. She sighed softly, about to walk behind the counter when a familiar raven-haired man caught her eye. She'd seen pictures of him, and she watched as he approached. Her eyes narrowed in thought slightly until the name came to her: Than. Her eyes returned to normal and she smiled when he approached.

"Than! It's so good to finally meet you! I've heard a lot about your family, as I'm sure you've heard a lot from mine. I hate to keep the introduction short, but I should probably get around to seeing why my aunt called everyone here. There's coffee in the kitchen, and someone brought doughnuts, but I'm not sure where they all went. Feel free to help yourself to anything and make your way back here," Nera greeted, throwing an arm around him in a hug. She gave him a gentle hug before parting, smiling at him. She held her glass in one hand still, looking around at all the other witches.

"Hey everyone! If you could please gather around the counter, that would be awesome!" Nera shouted, hoping she was heard. She slipped behind the counter, going to the letter sitting on the desk. She picked it up, setting her whiskey glass down where the letter once lay. Her eyes glanced over the front of it, but she waited to open it. The temptation was there, but everyone needed to be settled and present. She felt everyone who was meant to be there was there.
  • ✦ IYRA W. ZIMA ✦
    fxVwSBx.png
    INTERACTIONS: emiko, victoria, mateus ✦ LOCATION: florence, oregon
    Iyra felt bad for interrupting Emiko as she was in the middle of shoving a doughnut in her mouth. His cheeks flushed gently in embarrassment and guilt. When she gave him permission to take the box, he smiled at her gently and took it from her. Whatever he could do to help anyone out, he was happy to do it. When he took the box, Victoria appeared. Her attention seemed to focus on Emiko at first, but he wasn't about to walk off, that would be rude.

"I'm an air witch," Iyra gently said, smiling softly. "Please excuse me, but I have to put these doughnuts somewhere easily accessible to everyone." He left the small group around Emiko, hearing the bell chime above the door. A man with pink air arrived, announcing his presence. Iyra carefully walked with the doughnuts, noticing a spot on the front counter. He set them down, not seeing anyone gathered around. He cracked the box open slightly, allowing it to be easily opened.

Iyra looked around him, amazed at the number of witches in the shop. The only time he had been around lots of witches was with his coven, but he was never in such a diverse group before. There were many that came from different parts of the world. He wondered where everyone was from, but it would be rude to ask. Tasha was a fellow Russian, Nera was American, but he didn't know where everyone else was from. In time, he hoped to get to know everyone well and make new friends. It wouldn't help the group if everyone remained strangers.

Iyra heard Nera speak over the chatter of the various groups. It was drowned out by the noise around him, but he caught a small portion of her speech. She requested they gather around the counter. He approached the counter, seeing Mateus already there. He nodded his head in greeting but remained quiet. He was kind of shy, and this large group of people made his shyness come out.