Remind Me of the Heart(LittleRabbitXPotassiumboron)

Elora had not expected the man to return her kiss. Did not expect his hands to lower to her back, to her hips, pull her even closer then they already were. She couldn't have expected that he would dip his head lower, eyes fluttering shut to return a kiss of his own, yet she feverishly welcomed it all.

She welcomed the spark that lit her body. Each nerve struck by an electricity that she had been deprived of by past lovers. Embraced the soft sensation of his lips against her own, eyes fluttering shut as arms found their way around his neck. Welcomed the inability to breathe with a strange delight, though that thought was the least of her concerns at that very moment.

No—her mind, body, and soul was completely and utterly consumed by the vampire. Elora had experienced one-night stands, summer flings, and relationships she thought would last until death—-yet none of them compared to how she was feeling at that moment. The others before Chaol, their passion, their kisses paled in comparison to his. Paled in comparison to a kiss that was so gentle, so tender—the passion held back so this moment could last even a fraction of a second longer.

Elroa truly believing she had never felt love until that very moment.

The match of intimacy that seemed to have been snuffed out became a roaring flame. Glowing brighter—stronger than one would think possible. Threatening to devour everything in its sight if it could.

Elora couldn't understand why she fell so hard for Chaol in the last few days. Could not explain why, even after seeing the scariest parts of him that, she still longed for that smile. His laugh, his touch. She had accepted the fact that he was a vampire, that there were others out there like him. Creatures of the night that did not belong in this world.

Elroa taking it all in with excitement, with ease. As though she always knew there was something more to the night other than humans.

Perhaps it was her books to blame. Her books that opened her eyes to other possibilities. Giving her hope that there was something more magical than the mundane society she had grown up in. Had lived in.

And for some reason unknown to her, someone stood before her with all the proof she could have ever hoped for. That proof holding her in his arms, pressing their bodies close—leaving Elora speechless.

Standing in the living room, the sun's rays sheltering the two in its warm rays. Cleansing the darkness that had momentarily struck, warming the house once more.

Warming their home.

Home in Chaol's arms. Cocooned in his embrace, snug as though she was meant to be there all along.

Elora was left breathless, speechless as Chaol pulled away from the kiss. Her eyes fluttering open to look up at the vampire. Completely dazed, thankfully her spinning mind had something to hold onto as Chaol began to speak. Reassuring her that they could begin anew. They could build a relationship together. Something new, something stronger than the fleeting flirtations that had grown accustomed to.

"I'd really like that." Came the breathless replay, a tender smile finding its way to her face. Eyes sparkling with love, followed by lust with Chaol's husky teasing voice. A sound she had yet to hear, one that made her heart skip a beat, desiring to hear it more even if he was simply poking fun at her.

Elora couldn't have stopped the blush that grew across her cheeks, even if she had wanted to. A slight chuckle escaping her mouth, her lips finding their way to his neck. His cheek, then his lips once more. "Oh no…it's too late for that…you've just given me more confidence than you should have." Elora's own voice low, humming with each kiss she laid upon the man. Pulling back from his lips as a mischievous smile grew across her face, clearly welcoming his flirtation, his seductive nature.

"I am all yours Chaol. Every inch of me. My heart, my body, my soul—it all belongs to you. I would rather die than see you with someone else draped across your arms. To know someone else was entertaining your heart, captivating your mind with only thoughts of them. Just the thought of being friends is something I can not even endure. I need you, I want you. All of you."

Of course, Elora was disappointed she could not keep the cat-and-mouse game going. That she was the first to break, to lose to the vampire who seemed to win everything. Yet, Elora would happily choose to lose that silly little game over and over again if it meant that this moment between the two could last just a moment longer.

And while Chaol could hold the fact she lost over her head—Elora could hold the fact that she had more courage than the 'scary lord'. A new era of teasing seeming to bloom between the two.

(Just giving a small poke to keep it alive :3)

The reciprocation of his affection was more than enough to warm a heart that had been cold for countless decades (or at least, make it feel as though it was warm, however impossible such a thing was when no blood actually ran through Chaol's veins), but hearing the comments, the verbalisation of feelings that only seemed to intensify with every passing second, it took everything the vampire had not to sweep Elora up into his arms and envelop her entirely there and then.

The temptation to do so was real, gnawing aggravatingly at him as his eyes remained focused upon hers, soaking in the brightness of the blue. He wanted nothing more than to carry her bridal-style to his bedroom, to show her through both action and murmurings just how much she had come to mean to him in such a short time.

But some restraint had to be found because, above all else, he liked to pride himself on his gentlemanliness - and though there was nothing to frown about when expressing his desires to someone who reciprocated the feeling contained within them, there had to be a level of respect present. He wasn't proposing marriage or anything entirely too formal, because even he knew that that behaviour was best placed in a time long forgotten, but he at least felt it appropriate to hold the reins of his passion back until Elora showed an indication of wanting to press forward in much the same regard.

Did it make it easy ignoring how he longed to scoop her up close and explore every inch of her body; to run a hand down her waist and let his lips leave a blazing trail of kisses from the crook of her neck to the curve of her collarbone? Hardly, with Chaol visibly struggling to cool the fiery flames of those passions, but he knew it to be the right thing; knew he would look back and be proud of himself for presenting that control and waiting for Elora to nudge things along; to be patient enough to take into account what she desired, rather than selfishly pursue those he possessed.

"I did think perhaps I was going mad, falling so headfirst into a love with you when we barely know one another-- but I do have form in this field, I'm afraid. It is not the first time I have been rather dramatic and professed to love someone I hardly know - but the last time it happened, I married her and she brought me a happiness I thought I was the luckiest man in the world to have experienced. And yet... I'm fortunate enough to have a second chance at it. To experience it all once again. After all I've done, all the harm I have caused, it seems... unfair that Fate has blessed me with this chance once more."

Despite the seriousness of the confession, the hefty weight of the admission and the emotional response it inevitably had on him when on some level, he didn't think he deserved the happiness that had fallen into his lap, Chaol didn't dare interrupt the blossoming moment with Elora to dwell too much on the philosophical idea of Fate and what it would proceed to bring to him despite his belief that he didn't truly deserve it. No, he would be a fool to ruin the growing intimacy of their exchange by bringing the mood down by communicating how undeserving he felt-- it was a conversation he wasn't naive enough to believe could be avoided, but he at least wanted to prolong its eventual arrival, choosing instead to focus on... Elora.

On what this was; a start to their future.

A future they could spend together.

As his hand moved to rest beside her neck, his fingertips pressed lightly to the skin to take in the consistent thrum of the blood coursing in her veins; the pump of her heartbeat as it maintained a rhythm that Chaol had come to hear as something melodic.

"...I swore to myself I wouldn't fall for another human again. I am not saying this to hurt or offend, but you... are fragile. All humans are to me. You bruise so easily, you scar, you cut, you bleed. Your heartbeat... could so easily cease its relentless beating and-- that worries me. It horrifies me that you might get hurt, Elora. I... I want to protect you, but I know I cannot be constantly on hand to spare you the dangers of this world. So just promise me... you will be safe. I lost Athanasia and it tore me apart. I... I will not survive another loss like that. I cannot survive losing you."

• I'm SHOOK
Reactions: LittleRabbit
Elora had to pause, stop herself from taking their current situation too far. Truthfully she couldn't explain why she was so enthralled with the man before her. Elora had promised herself, after the last failure of a relationship, that she would not find another. She would remain alone. Be content being by herself, to have no tethers to keep her in one place. To come and go as she pleased, as she saw fit.

Yet here she was, desperately clinging to a man she barely knew. A man others claimed to be a monster, a monster she had bore witness to just the night before. Still, Elora found herself unable to escape the deep longing that he awoke. Wanting nothing else than for him to hold her, to kiss her, to never let her go. To make her his and his alone.

Elora was weak.

That much was clear.

Her constitution to remain alone was instantly shattered by a pair of dark eyes that threatened to devour the world if you stared too long. By hair that always seemed to grasp the light at just the right angles. Captivated by an unholy angel that could kill her in less than a second.

Nothing else would have pleased her more in that moment if Chaol had lifted her from her feet. To take her to a bedroom and make her cry out for him again and again until she couldn't. However, that lust needed, no it strictly had to be contained. Now did not seem like the right time nor place for such activities. More so as Chaol began his deep admittance to believing he did not deserve this second chance at love. That he was so eager to fall in love and be in love with others. A nature of his that was clearly a double-edged sword.

That sudden vulnerability snapped the younger woman from the lustful spell she found herself under. Blue eyes turning tender as she gazed at Chaol's face—her feelings mirroring her own. She too believed she had lost her mind by moving on so fast. That she was being irrational for being so jealous of his flirting of another woman, by the teasing smiles complete strangers would give to her vampire companion. That the sheer rage that had boiled in her belly was a feeling only a lunatic would have for someone they barely knew.

"Then let's be mad together. Because I feel the same as you Chaol." Elora muttered.

A slight chill ran down her spine as cold fingers pressed against warm flesh. That once steady heartbeat, beating out of control.

Elora listened to his plea for her to be safe, desperate to keep this love alive longer than his previous one. To spare him the heartache should she be careless about her own well-being.
To say that his plea broke her heart was an understatement. Just thinking of hurting Chaol in that manner was unimaginable.

Placing her hand over his own, Elora gently pushed Chaols hand harder against her neck so he could feel her pulse even stronger. "I can't promise that I won't ever get sick, or that I won't ever accidentally cut myself while cooking. But I can promise that I won't go anywhere that you can't follow Chaol." Perhaps it was a lie, as all humans her own mortality would eventually catch up to her. Eventually, she would have to leave this world behind. However, that time is neither here nor now. Right now that future felt thousands of years away. Right now she had all the time to get to know Chaol.

Reaching up Elora placed one final kiss against Chaol's lips as if to seal the promise she had made to him. "I believe Francine is still coming tonight. I should get the house more presentable before our actions make us lose track of time." Stepping away from Chaol her implication was clear. Cleaning her throat the young woman reluctantly pulled herself away from the vampire and began to walk towards the kitchen. "Perhaps I can make a meal. Honesty, who can resist friendship and apologizes on a full belly?"