Pure Bloods (A Modern/Sci-Fi/Thriller RP)

Mobley Eats

Consume. Smother your doubts. Be fulfilled.
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per day
  2. One post per day
  3. 1-3 posts per week
  4. One post per week
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Transgender
  4. Primarily Prefer Female
  5. No Preferences
Genres
Modern, Romance, Fantasy, Scifi, Drama, Action.

Pure Bloods: Interest Check

"All men are born equal. All outliers take a blade to the throat."
- Richard Queene, 2095

hcV7It4Yqu73j0glPFVOjQwk2OGOeHMn0LOMaD8FbI5HnntR76tAUzmVloH7hqjnuqp51A6fQxnD3Axu7xsLF683Ob1V6PqFG_x1ATitgvjidfQPQ9E

The year is 2110.

Mutants, as we know it, are spreading fear and mayhem through the streets of Trent City. These vile creatures are nothing like the comic books. Nothing like the glorified X-Men and misunderstood protectors of the underbelly. They are flesh-eating animals born with frightening abilities. Spatial Jumpers. Shapeshifters. Wall Crawlers. Flame Starters. Toxic Waste Spewers. The possibilities are numerous.

giphy.gif

All hope was lost until the launching of the Pure Bloods Program in 2095.

Initiated at a young age, Pure Blood operatives are trained in the ways of Mutant Extermination. A combination of strict combat training, highly advanced technology, and integrity have led to a more peaceful era in Trent City. Death rates dropped 20% in the span of a decade and continued to do so from then on. Nowadays, Mutant Attacks have dwindled to once every few months.

Invigorated and triumphant, Trent City has decided to host a Conference at the Leviticus Recreation Center, where they will announce the partnership between Pure Bloods and TCPD. All manner of dangers, both criminal and Mutant, are to be handled under a joint effort.

Henceforth, disaster. Many injured, far more dead.

A carefully selected team of Pure Bloods will be tasked with hunting down the Mutants responsible.

tumblr_pypaxsFm9m1w1mwqqo7_500.gif

"Ladies and gentlemen… This period of peace was a farce. I now realize that it was time set aside by our enemies to gather strength in the shadows and unleash a horrific threat on the innocents of Trent City. We've chosen you for a reason, so you must bear this weight. Destroy these Mutants. By any. Means. Necessary."

The Rundown

Welcome to Pure Bloods.

Your services are appreciated. Above all else, in dire need.

This RP is a combination of Modern, Sci-Fi, and Thriller. Modern in the sense that the world of Trent City is quite familiar to the cities of today, Sci-Fi in the sense that Pure Blood technology is far beyond its time. And, of course, the Thriller comes in when you have the (frequent) opportunity to slay ferocious Mutants.

Our story shall unfold at the Conference in Leviticus Recreation Center. Each of you are Pure Blood Operatives taking up station wherever you're supposed to be, keeping an eye on citizens, the Chairman of the Pure Bloods (Mr. Salem Creed) and the Chief of TCPD (Arnold Wilhem). Your post will be decided based on what category of operative your character aligns with--don't worry, that'll be addressed at a later date.

I'll refrain from dropping anything else until a sufficient amount of interest has been expressed for this RP. If it does, then you can expect an elaboration on some lore, such as technology available to Pure Bloods, Operative Categories, Biology & Origins of Mutants, etc.

Let me know what you think and please don't hesitate to ask questions!

☼​

• All Iwaku Rules Apply
  • For now, I'm limiting it to one character per person until I see how much interest this reels in.
  • Be nice to your fellow RP-er.
  • At the very least, intermediate writing skill is expected (and appreciated). I kindly ask that each post is a minimum of three short paragraphs.
  • This will not be first come, first serve.
  • More rules shall come at a later date.

That is all for now. If you're interested, please do let me know!​

Reactions: TheQueensGuard
Still open and searching for interested participants.

Hey there, just wanted to ask if this was still open and accepting? It's been a few years for me, but I'd love to get in on some action packed science fiction shenanigans !

Reactions: Mobley Eats
Yep, we're definitely still open and accepting! Please do give the OOC Signups a look! <3

Reactions: Collapse
Yep, we're definitely still open and accepting! Please do give the OOC Signups a look! <3

That's lovely to hear ! I did take a long look in the OOC/Sign Ups in case you closed things in there, but I definitely would NOT mind giving it a second read! Loved everything I saw in there. Is there a current deadline for character submission?

Reactions: Mobley Eats

That's lovely to hear ! I did take a long look in the OOC/Sign Ups in case you closed things in there, but I definitely would NOT mind giving it a second read! Loved everything I saw in there. Is there a current deadline for character submission?
Thank you very much! So glad you enjoyed reading up on the lore. And I currently do not have an exact CS submission date, but I intend to crank one out--perhaps as soon as tomorrow. I'll be sure that it's a decent length of time for everyone to create their lovely characters.

Hiya! Been looking for a new roleplay and this looks AMAZING, are you still accepting players?

I'm posting my interest here first should you still be accepting, but I'll give the OOC & Signups a looksie too, in case I'm uber late to the party haha.

EDIT: I was uber late to the party, NVM

Last edited: