1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
Slice-of-Life, Gothic, Horror, Fantasy
pumpkin carving

Here lies a place to show off our pumpkin carvings! I know some people carve their pumpkins last minute, but others do it way in advance. I haven't carved a pumpkin in years, personally, but maybe this year I will. It'll probably be the standard design because I'm no artist!

If you carve pumpkins, do you also eat the seeds later?

Additionally, check out these other October-related threads:

Community Discussions:
Do You Believe in Ghosts?
Costume Show
Do You Like Horror?
What Halloween Candy goes in your cauldron?
Your Spooky Media Favourites!
Inktober on Iwaku

Site Events:
Everybody Dies at the End ChaRP - October 6th, 2pm to 5pm Central
Create a Sim to Murder with Owlmom! - October 8th, Noon to 2pm Central
Terrifying Tuesday Tea at Two with Owlmom - Every Tuesday at 2pm Central
Bloodletters ChaRP - October 13th, 2pm to 5pm Central
Create a Sim to Murder PART II with Owlmom! - October 15th, Noon to 2pm Central
Deadly at Delmoth ChaRP - October 20th, 2pm to 5pm Central
Building a Murder House with Owlmom! - October 22nd, Noon to 2pm Central
The Demon Ball ChaRP - October 23rd, 2pm to 8pm Central
Fangs for Being Here ChaRP - October 27th, 2pm to 5pm Central
Iwaku Horror Contest - Submission Due Date: October 28th, Live Read: October 30th
Frightening Fundraiser Live Party - October 29th @ Noon
Month of Monsters Art Contest - Submission Due Date: October 31st

Since we don't celebrate Halloween here I also don't get to carve pumpkins, but my parents do grow their own pumpkins and they are always in abundance during this time of the year, which means lots of pumpkin food whenever I visit them! Pumpkin stews, pumpkin treats, pumpkin everything! So, if I'm carving pumpkins it is to carve them into yummy food. :pumpkin:

heh.. I'm kinda feeling lazy this year so maybe I'll just put the pumpkin in my pet rat's cage and let them go at it for a few days. i also love pumpkin seeds, whenever they're toasted.. mm..

Since we don't celebrate Halloween here I also don't get to carve pumpkins, but my parents do grow their own pumpkins and they are always in abundance during this time of the year, which means lots of pumpkin food whenever I visit them! Pumpkin stews, pumpkin treats, pumpkin everything! So, if I'm carving pumpkins it is to carve them into yummy food. :pumpkin:

Now I want pumpkin pie 😔

heh.. I'm kinda feeling lazy this year so maybe I'll just put the pumpkin in my pet rat's cage and let them go at it for a few days. i also love pumpkin seeds, whenever they're toasted.. mm..

Honestly, that's a great idea. Draw a little face on it afterward and you've got a terribly massacred pumpkin creature, lol. Very atmospheric.

Dang, I forgot to order some pumpkins with my groceries this week! 🤣

I think I might send my dad to pickup the biggest ones he can find. >:D We don't always carve them - sometimes we just draw the faces - but do loooove smashing them!

I have never actually carved a pumpkin. We didn't generally get pumpkins when I was growing up, and the couple of times we did we just painted them.

I like jack-o-lanterns but carving pumpkins is not my favourite experience (I also don't like pumpkin seeds). If I can find some good ones I'll be carving turnips instead (or in addition?). Here are some I did several years ago.

I bought one of those kid carving kits for literal children as a craft store 😂 because I'm far from creative enough to think of my own, when I eventually find a pumpkin I'll carve it and share it here. I didn't carve many pumpkins growing up because I wasn't trusted with knives

I gotta try this someday! I've never really done any pumpkin carving, but I feel like it's an experience that I need to have at some point. I do worry about all the mess though… LOL

Quite a bit late now, but it was already late when we did these. On Halloween itself my friend had an abundance of pumpkins so we carved some up. And it was surprisingly quite a lot of fun. Anyhow, here is the owl one I did.
JPUqsoO.png

• Love
Reactions: wren. and marcy