Project Moon (LoboCorp/LoR) Fixer Office RP?

How well do you know the subject matter?

• I'm familiar with Project Moon and the studio's content.

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • I've played Lobotomy Corporation but not Library of Ruina.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I've played Library of Ruina but not Lobotomy Corporation.

• I've read Distortion Detective but haven't played the games.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I only know what's included in this thread, but I'm still interested.

• Total voters

VerbalAbuse

Seditious Venus
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Not accepting invites at this time
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per day
  2. One post per day
  3. 1-3 posts per week
  4. One post per week
Online Availability
Midday through very early morning
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
Genres
Fantasy Epic, Cyberpunk, (Para)Military, Zombie Survival, Dystopic
"Sorry about your friend, pal. But he was just doing his job, you know… I'm sure you'll understand as a fellow Fixer, right?"

"Here, let me tell you a few things about this corporation and the City. In the Backstreets, the likes of Sweepers and Fixers live out their lives tangled in vomit and waste, unraveling their sickening tales. Those who live in the Outskirts are still crying out to break into the City. Meanwhile, people in the City throw away their lives trying to belong to a Nest. And we're going to change that."

The City is a sprawling megalopolis covering approximately a third of its home continent, and extends into the bay it borders. The 25 sections of The City are organized in a spiral from the middle and are ruled by the corporate Wings which preside over the only safe places in The City - The Nests. Outside of the Nests, The City breaks down into violence, tragedy, and atrocity in areas known generally as The Backstreets. The homeless Rats ambush and murder civilians to harvest and sell their organs in hopes of either making it big or surviving until the next day. Butchers run cannibal Bistros where they make meat pies and other dishes from the flesh and organs of their fellow man. Sweepers move in cycles through the Backstreets in search of flesh to bring their matriarch. The Stray Dogs shake down everything they can, and the Zwei Association is the only thing keeping any semblance of peace in the area. To adapt to a violent lifestyle, most people well off enough to afford a proper weapon become Fixers; mercenaries, vigilantes, bodyguards, terrorists. Most Offices won't balk at any job so long as it pays, and this is the Backstreets - only the worst jobs pay well.

"Ehey, why see that as stealing, gal? This is just how the world is, and the best ones adapted to it come out on top, simple as that. Adapt or die. If you can't, you either become food or fall behind until you're wiped out. The so-called apex predators are the creatures best fit to survive in this ecosystem, ain't that the truth?"

Between The Distortion, a strange phenomenon affecting people consumed by their emotions, and the Wings' Singularities, unique forces that break physics which can only be contained by their relevant Corporations, all sorts of people exist in The City, some of which have either transmuted from humans or were never fully human to start with. Theoretically any kind of being could exist in The City, although the vast majority of residents are human, and any and all of them will have to find some method of surviving in order to keep their insides inside. If you're interested in making a character who is especially unique, you may wish to make them a resident of The Outskirts, the region outside The City's walls, where an even more diverse caste of humanity might exist.

"Fixers are managed by Offices. Most of our jobs come from the requests the Offices get, so we're virtually out of work without them. And Offices are managed by the twelve Associations. And on top of those twelve is the Hana Association. Our lives are subordinate to layer upon layer of hierarchy."

This is the part I'll want input on - there are many different ways an Office can organize itself. Some have lax dress codes, some are no better than the Rats they hunt to get paid, and some operate in vigilante squads expecting no pay until they get an actual job from their higher-ups. All that matters is, you need to organize yourself into an Office to operate successfully, even if you prefer to go solo.

Most character interaction will take place in the physical Office we're based in. Offices generally have a Strategist who shrewdly surveys operations and articulates plans and actions, a Book-keeper who frugally maintains the Office's finances and assigns jobs given to the Office to squads if the Office is big enough to warrant it, and a Strongman to focus on executing the Strategist's plans and keeping the physical Office safe from Backstreets residents. Any of these three could operate as a leadership figure, and everyone else falls in line behind them solely on their own niche.

All characters involved in this story can be quite powerful, but they also all suffer from a fatal flaw that keeps them from being too powerful - a forceful tank might be socially or financially inept, for example, and will have to rely on others to fill in or protect their gaps.

Feel free to ask questions or confirm interest in this thread!

I've never heard of any of those games you mentioned in the poll, but the world you've created here seems interesting.

This isn't a world I've created, my apologies for the confusion. The City is the intellectual property of Project Moon. Look them up!