10AM - 10PM Daily
Writing Levels
  1. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
Genres
Romance, Supernatural, Fantasy, Thriller, Space Exploration, Slice of Life
IWAKU 2022 FEAR FESTIVAL!

COME ONE, COME ALL, TO IWAKU'S FEAR FESTIVAL! AAAAAAAAAAAH~!

The Halloween season has always been Iwaku's favorite, so much so that we've done more than one of these fun Spookytime festivals! <3 We're back at it again this October celebrating everything awesome about adding a little terror into our roleplays. From contests, to ChaRPs, to fun discussions, hang out with us all over the site to bring out your spooky spirits!

Along with this Fear Festival, we're having a Frightening Fundraiser to help cover Iwaku's update and server costs going into the next year! If you have the dollars, consider contributing to the funds. <3

And finally, the highly anticipated Worldbuilding and Roleplaying Game Master Challenge is right around the corner come November 1st. This challenge allows all GMs on Iwaku an opportunity to earn one of our Realm Roleplay spots - to run a forum section of your own! If you are a GM that needs multiple threads for a highly developed world: start working on your roleplay now - submissions open November 1st!.

EVENTS AND SCHEDULE

Trick or Treat - All Month Long!
TRICK OR TREAT! All month long you can react to General Chat threads with a TRICK or a TREAT! People who get (and give!) enough will receive trophies!

Everybody Dies at the End ChaRP - October 6th, 2pm to 5pm Central
Welcome to the Allyville Haunted House, where cheap parlor tricks and bad special effects aren't just for show... they can become deadly in this Chat Roleplay.

Create a Sim to Murder with Owlmom! - October 8th, Noon to 2pm Central
Join us in a Discord Live Video Chat, where we're going to make Sims that we're going to murder. I'll be answering questions about Iwaku 'till we run out, then we'll be discussing Creating Characters in Roleplays!

Karaoke Night with the Staff - October 9th @ 2pm Central
Sing and party on Discord with firejay and other staffers! Bonus points if those songs are s p o Oo o O ky.

Terrifying Tuesday Tea at Two with Owlmom
Every Tuesday at 2pm Central, drop into the On Site Chatbox to hang out with Owlmom and friends as we drink tea and... be terrible?

Staff Live Readings of Your Roleplays - Multiple Dates and Times Starting October 11th, 5pm to 6pm Central. Check the thread!
Submit your roleplays to Marygold to get read by staff on Discord for funsies!

Bloodletters ChaRP - October 13th, 2pm to 5pm Central
With a bloody symbol carved into your skin for protection, take a tour of Purgatory. But don't stray far from the group or something terrible might happen in this Chat Roleplay.

Create a Sim to Murder PART II with Owlmom! - October 15th, Noon to 2pm Central
A second opportunity to hang out on Discord to answer questions! This time we're be discussing Creating Plots from Character Backgrounds.

Deadly at Delmoth ChaRP - October 20th, 2pm to 5pm Central
There's an old ruined castle outside the village of Delmoth that is rumored to once belong to a Duke accused of Necromancy. What will happen when a bunch of young villagers decide to explore these ruins at midnight in this Chat Roleplay?

Building a Murder House with Owlmom! - October 22nd, Noon to 2pm Central
On Discord Video Chat, we'll be building the house that we're going to murder all these sims in! I'll still be answering questions about Iwaku, and then we're going to chat about Worldbuilding!

The Demon Ball ChaRP - October 23rd, 2pm to 8pm Central
You're invited (or not) to a grand Ball... IN HELL. Join us for a six hour long Chat Roleplay!

Fangs for Being Here ChaRP - October 27th, 2pm to 5pm Central
The small town of Beaver Springs is having their annual fangs Festival to celebrate their town's unusual vampire history. Will all go according to plan in this Chat Roleplay?

Iwaku Horror Contest - Submission Due Date: October 28th, Live Read: October 30th
Try your hand at our spoopy short story contest, brought to you by Jenamos and her delightful cabal of judges!

Frightening Fundraiser Live Party - October 29th @ Noon to 4pm Central (Potentially Longer?!)
BEHOLD, OUR FINAL HURRAH TO CELEBRATE THE MONTH OF FEAR AND OUR FUNDRAISER! We're going to be live on Discord murdering Sims until there is no sim left to murder. And we'll add more party hours up to 24 hours if we reach certain money goals! We'll talk about Iwaku, roleplay, writing, play some games! Watch Owlmom slowly lose her mind on camera without sleep and possibly smashed? LET'S FIND OUT.

Month of Monsters Art Contest - Submission Due Date: October 31st
If you are a budding artist, participate in our spooktacular art contest hosted by member MiharuAya!

With potentially MORE events as they get scheduled! <3

EARN A TROPHY FOR YOUR SPOOKY SPIRIT

For participating in at least three of this month's Fear Festival themed events, threads, and roleplays you will receive a Spooky Spirit trophy! :D Tag us here in this thread if you've accomplished your spooky spirits!

Last edited by a moderator:
KARAOKE WILL BE FROM 2PM CST, AND WILL GO UNTIL PPL STOP SHOWING UP WANTING TO SING (which I anticipate to be at most 3 hours, but will host for 5 or 6 at max, because I have my limits). Making fun of other people's singing is not allowed, so be as good or bad as you want, and if you show up, just know you will be encouraged to sing at least once. Singing with an audience is a scary thing even in a casual context, and it is a tad unfair to listen without putting yourself out there as well. (But if you are really really scared, no, you will not be FORCED to sing. I get it, sometimes fear is paralyzing.)

@Diana Owlmoooooom I seeketh meh trophy for being socialllll

Soooocial? -stares-

I'm at two so far! 8D

I only did one, so far but the last two ChaRPs are coming up and that'll be my three ✨

I was at a charp and I'm pretty sure I made two tea times.

I still only did one because Owl Mom has been sick, so couldn't do the other two ChaRPs. Totally fine as I had fun this month either way 🥰

I believe I participated in more than 3 LOL gimme my POINTS. *grabby hands*

• Haha
Reactions: iridescent
DON'T FORGET! PARTICIPATION IN GENERAL CHAT TOPICS ALSO COUNT! 8D COME ONE COME ALL TO CLAIM YOUR TROPHIES!

YESSSSSS!!!! Me like the trophies 🥺 snuggles all the shinies.

Status
Not open for further replies.