New Guy needing some direction

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
F

Finn

Original poster
I'm new on here and could use some help on deciding what Roles I should take on here. I like Fantasy but I am not sure how to find what I want.

Hi Finn! Welcome to Iwaku~ If you haven't noticed, we have a section of the forum specifically for Fantasy roleplay. The 101 links under the Help tab found in your navigation bar are actually really useful for answering these sorts of questions, specifically the Roleplay 101. Be sure to give them a look and if you still have questions, you can always contact myself or any other staff member. :)

Welcome Finn! As Dawn has stated, the RP 101 could be a useful tool for choosing the right RP for you or ones you'd enjoy doing. Also you can try a hands-on approach at one of the Jump-In role-plays since you don't need to establish characters, plot, or setting. You just kind of go with the flow from the moment you jump in. This way, you'll have a feel for what you may like or dislike about a particular genre. I hope you have fun and enjoy your stay at Iwaku!

Hi Finn

Its always helpful to make a pros and cons list if you can't decide on things. i suggest you list out the cons first so it'll be easier on you to write down the pros. :3

Welcome to iwaku~
Where youn don't just write stories, you live them~
Said so in the banner.

If your new to Roleplaying in this forum refer to this: Roleplay 101
Though Dawn has already gave you the link.

If you want to know all about the community then read this here: Community 101

If you want to chat with everyone live go here: Chat
The general chat is usually where you'll be able to find everyone. Don't be shy and just chat away! Everyone is friendly there. ^^

There is also a very interesting roleplay that roleplays the History of Iwaku where it can be seen/read here: Mythos
There is a new Mythos open called Crimson Souls. Its open for all roleplayer who'd like to join, so maybe if you are lucky enough you can be able to be a part of a huge adventure!

Hope you will enjoy your stay here~

Oh, and by the way, if you are shy to look for a partner then look me up! I can be your first Iwaku roleplay partner. I always enjoy roleplaying with new people. ^^